Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowblossom - new ASIC resist POW, quantum resistant, online now ❁ - page 3. (Read 26512 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
so if current snowfield is snowfield.11, for example, i should have 2TB SSD and even larger ?

For snowfield 11, yes, 2TB, or 2x1TB or 4x512GB in one system. Field 11 is far away right now, current one is 7.
Hashrate has to quadruple for each new field, that is 256 times the current hashrate.
Activity: 732
Merit: 251
is it joke ? there is no about 128GB GPU memory in guide
i tried that on CPU, miner was working fine, but with 0 hashrate and no warnings that i don't have GPU

Like I said, its not GPU mineable, the reason is its memory requirement. You need a fast (NVME)-SSD to mine this.

so if current snowfield is snowfield.11, for example, i should have 2TB SSD and even larger ?
Activity: 7
This is a great project. Wish successful project
i tried that on CPU, miner was working fine, but with 0 hashrate and no warnings that i don't have GPU

Like I said, its not GPU mineable, the reason is its memory requirement. You need a fast (NVME)-SSD to mine this.
So is this coin GPU minable? I couldn't find anything explaining the mining aspect of the project.

Could someone link me to this?

Thanks

No, its not. You´d need a GPU with 128GB memory, which does not exist. In the future it will require even more.

Check out the quickstart guide:

https://github.com/snowblossomcoin/snowblossom/wiki/Quickstart

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Unironically getting early day Bitcoin vibes from this.

Judging by the order-book now, I'd say others agree.

Can't wait to watch it unfold.
So is this coin GPU minable? I couldn't find anything explaining the mining aspect of the project.

Thanks

No, its not. You´d need a GPU with 128GB memory, which does not exist. In the future it will require even more.

Check out the quickstart guide:

https://github.com/snowblossomcoin/snowblossom/wiki/Quickstart
Activity: 14

Thanks
Activity: 109
Merit: 11
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113
There's no need to be upset
interesting,
what are your plans regarding exchange listings?
Activity: 673
Merit: 500
@eltigre this is the quant coin I mentioned.

Still mining the llama snowfield! There's a great community on Discord and Slack for questions. AWS is a little cheaper than GCP. Fire up your instance soon so you can still mine in RAM, gets harder with next snowfield.
What is GCP?
copper member
Activity: 67
@eltigre this is the quant coin I mentioned.

Still mining the llama snowfield! There's a great community on Discord and Slack for questions. AWS is a little cheaper than GCP. Fire up your instance soon so you can still mine in RAM, gets harder with next snowfield.
brand new
Activity: 0
Nice concept on the blockchain network with vast technology and high end security.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
which are current fields ? node says 7, i download them, but no shares about 2 days in pool miner

[2018-07-04 09:50:11]    INFO snowblossom.miner.PoolMiner printStats Shares: 0 (rejected 0) (blocks 0)
Whats your hashrate?

I suggest joining discord or slack for assistance.

Nice to see another coin with quantum resistance and I might be wrong but it looks like it was built from scratch and it's not a clone, is it GPU resistant also?
Activity: 234
Merit: 102
which are current fields ? node says 7, i download them, but no shares about 2 days in pool miner

[2018-07-04 09:50:11]    INFO snowblossom.miner.PoolMiner printStats Shares: 0 (rejected 0) (blocks 0)
Whats your hashrate?

I suggest joining discord or slack for assistance.

Activity: 234
Merit: 102
lots of people asking for a link to discord so here you go.

https://discord.gg/M2DQRfD

Also pool available here.

http://snow.protopool.io/
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
If anyone will to sell, let me know.
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
Invite expired for discord, anyone can share invite?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
Can't download these torrents: https://snowblossom.org/snowfields/snowblossom.3.torrent

Using uTorrent 1.8.2 and get error message: "Invalid torrent file".

#   name   size   hash                                                   torrent
11   avanc   2T   a2a4076f6cde947935db06e5fc5bbd14   snowblossom.11

This file size is 2 terabytes?  Huh

You don't need snowblossom-3 anymore, you need .6 now and .7 soon. And yes, the .11 is 2TB, every snowfield is twice the size of the previous one. This is the GPU/ASIC poison-pill: even if someone builds a miner for 128GB files, it will have a hard time once the 256GB snowfield is activated and most likely will be useless at 512GB and higher.

As far as I understand snowblossom, it uses those huge files via memory mapped IO if available on the OS, so it can do random-access operations on 4K blocks in those snowfields as input to its PoW. A general-purpose CPU with a lot of RAM and many threads would have a much higher throughput and therefore lower latency compared to an usual ASIC.
Miners have to download such huge files?
This project looks like HDD mining )))
Unfortunately, I don't even have 128G for snowblossom.7...
Pages:
Jump to: