Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowblossom - new ASIC resist POW, quantum resistant, online now ❁ - page 7. (Read 26512 times)

Activity: 430
Merit: 22
Professional user
how to create wallet? it says it need client.conf
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
It seems that mining for now is quite difficult for consumer level hardware. I have a gaming laptop with 16 GB of RAM on Windows and I am getting memory errors. Is this being addressed by the team?

The intention was that people would be mostly SSD mining.  My guess is that in a few weeks, very few will be RAM mining anymore and most will be using SSD or NVME so then the playing field is a bit leveler.

Finally it works.

INFOS: Generating snow field at 101,58 writes per second.  Estimated total runtime is 40,15 hours. 0,00 complete.

Just lol ...

Yeah, torrent might be a better idea in that case.
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
Finally it works.

INFOS: Generating snow field at 101,58 writes per second.  Estimated total runtime is 40,15 hours. 0,00 complete.

Just lol ...
Activity: 171
Merit: 105
It seems that mining for now is quite difficult for consumer level hardware. I have a gaming laptop with 16 GB of RAM on Windows and I am getting memory errors. Is this being addressed by the team?
Activity: 587
Merit: 500
All up and running here.

i7 6700k getting 4700.0/sec give or take. 28 hours estimated to find a block? How many servers you running fireduck?  Grin

Do you have enough ram to run it in memory?  You can try that and get much better numbers.

Only have 16GB of Memory  Sad

And to answer the above, torrent was much quicker I found. I have a PCI-E SSD too.

That is enough to run in RAM for now.  If you are on windows, run miner-mem.bat

Windows is a serious hog, and can't get miner-mem working with 16GB.

Yeah same here Sad
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
When I try to start a node, it says unable to access jarfile snowblossomnode. Likewise with the miner. What am I doing wrong?
Activity: 1021
Merit: 324
All up and running here.

i7 6700k getting 4700.0/sec give or take. 28 hours estimated to find a block? How many servers you running fireduck?  Grin

Do you have enough ram to run it in memory?  You can try that and get much better numbers.

And to answer the above, torrent was much quicker I found. I have a PCI-E SSD too.

Windows is a serious hog, and can't get miner-mem working with 16GB.
All up and running here.

Okay, so now for me it says periodically Work Block load error and then xxxx writes per second again, is it starting and stopping all the time or am i doing right?

Is it just warning you that you don't have field 4?  If so, then you are fine and it is working.
That warning just means that once the field flips to the next one (4), you won't be able to mine anymore.
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
It seems to me that there are some failures in this system.
I'm not until the end of assurances that I'm doing everything right, or maybe it's really something wrong with the system.
Activity: 587
Merit: 500
All up and running here.

Activity: 23
Just to clarify, all i need to start mining currently is the snow 3 file, right? the 8gb one

juin 05, 2018 2:29:05 PM snowblossom.miner.SnowBlossomMiner$BlockTemplateEater onNext
INFOS: Work block load error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to select a field of at least 3.  Availible: []

Node is up, at last block.
Any idea ?

So you need snowfield 3, which you can generate locally by putting "auto_snow=true" in your miner.conf or downloading from:
https://snowblossom.org/snowfields/index.html
INFO: Work block load error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to select a field of at least 3.  Availible: []

What does that mean?

It's downloading the 3rd field, you have to wait for it to finish. Or download the torrent.

Which was faster for you?

Just to be clear, the options are generating the snowfields locally (which involve 7 random IO passes and then a bunch of hash calculation work).  Those can take a while if not done on an SSD.  The torrent should be pretty fast.
Activity: 1021
Merit: 324
INFO: Work block load error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to select a field of at least 3.  Availible: []

What does that mean?

It's downloading the 3rd field, you have to wait for it to finish. Or download the torrent.

Which was faster for you?
Activity: 23
Okay, so now for me it says periodically Work Block load error and then xxxx writes per second again, is it starting and stopping all the time or am i doing right?
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
D:\Mining\snowblossom>java -jar SnowBlossomMiner_deploy.jar miner.conf
juin 05, 2018 2:28:48 PM snowblossom.miner.SnowBlossomMiner
INFOS: Starting 2 threads
juin 05, 2018 2:28:49 PM snowblossom.miner.FieldScan scan
INFOS: Unable to load snowblossom.0, error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: snow\snowblossom.0\snowblossom.0.deck.a (Le fichier spÚcifiÚ est introuvable)
INFOS: Unable to load snowblossom.1, error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: snow\snowblossom.1\snowblossom.1.deck.a (Le fichier spÚcifiÚ est introuvable)
INFOS: Not loading 2 snowblossom.2 (stoat), directory not present: snow\snowblossom.2
INFOS: Unable to load snowblossom.3, error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: snow\snowblossom.3\snowblossom.3.deck.a (Le fichier spÚcifiÚ est introuvable)
INFOS: Subscribed to blocks
juin 05, 2018 2:28:49 PM snowblossom.miner.SnowBlossomMiner$BlockTemplateEater onNext
INFOS: Got block template: height:3053 transactions:1
juin 05, 2018 2:28:49 PM snowblossom.miner.SnowBlossomMiner$BlockTemplateEater onNext
INFOS: Required field: 3 - ocelot
INFOS: Work block load error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to select a field of at least 3.  Availible: []
juin 05, 2018 2:29:04 PM snowblossom.miner.SnowBlossomMiner printStats
INFOS: Mining rate: 0,0/sec
juin 05, 2018 2:29:04 PM snowblossom.miner.SnowBlossomMiner printStats
INFOS: we seem to be stalled, reconnecting to node
juin 05, 2018 2:29:04 PM snowblossom.miner.SnowBlossomMiner subscribe
INFOS: Subscribed to blocks
juin 05, 2018 2:29:04 PM snowblossom.miner.SnowBlossomMiner$BlockTemplateEater onNext
juin 05, 2018 2:29:04 PM snowblossom.miner.SnowBlossomMiner$BlockTemplateEater onNext
juin 05, 2018 2:29:05 PM snowblossom.miner.SnowBlossomMiner$BlockTemplateEater onNext

Node is up, at last block.
Any idea ?
Do I have to download all the Snowblossom 0,1,2,3,4.., files or just the current one?

And is it mining with gpus too?

So having the current one (3) and the next one (4) is a good idea, but you only need the current one.
Pages:
Jump to: