Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 40. (Read 237604 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Altsheets, please keep the block explorer going for now.  I'll send some sats your way as a contribution to your efforts.

I think the community could get the coin listed again and bring it back to life if it focuses on meeting the basic goals first.  Cryptopia requires the following for listing:

Coin Submission
Cryptopia is always looking to add new cryptocurrencies, the voting page is where the community can show their support for the coins they want to see on Cryptopia.

In order for a cryptocurrency to be hosted on Cryptopia it needs to satisfy the following requirements:
1.Open Source & listed on GitHub
2.No pre-mine, or justified pre-mine prior to launch.
3.Official Website.
4.Compiled wallets for Windows and Linux
5.An established community

initial

How far off would we be from getting a basic working website up that links to the block explorer, functional Windows and Linux Wallets, github source code, and the OP with supporting user manuals? 

If we could accomplish that we'd just need members of the existing community to login and lobby for the coin on cryptopia and all the conditions for listing would be met. 

Also, additional premine should be avoided for re-launch.  I'd donate a substantial amount of my Soil to a development fund and perhaps others would do the same.  Without minimal ongoing development the coin is dead anyway, so why not try to fund it's revival instead?  The fund could be treated like a kickstarter campaign -- no new work undertaken until it reaches a minimum initial reserve?

Just throwing it out there to drum up some ideas or get a sense if enough are even interested in keeping the coin alive . . .
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
Good ideas. Who volunteers to do what? Or for what else?

Yes, I install the netstats server if there is enough people saying
"yes, I configure a netstats client on my node" (it is easy), and when
this phoenix looks like it's rising from the ashes (i.e. exchange/s).

But: I do not want to hold coins, nor do multisig. In turn,
I suggest you, martymcfly2015, to be part of that multisig group.

Technical question, whether anyone knows more about already existing solutions:
Could that premine also be locked into a (genesis?) contract, which pays it out
to a multisig account on a regular basis, over a timespan of e.g. 18 months?
(And the multisig holders distribute it for what is currently needed, or put it into
a savings account, for spending larger sums later, and provide regular reporting
about what was funded.)  - Does such contract code exist? Is is feasible?

[SOIL] 0x82e6fac28f2c0d89b442f4b7c0d72fa47c54efa7
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Auxiliary Soil Developer
What do you think of this proposal?
We will have a fork and join homestead code level (your coins are safe!). In addition I will premine let's say 5M soil to be able to pay for:
  • someone who bring soil back to an exchange
  • a new moderator
  • new soil app developers
  • long term block explorer (altsheets)
  • long term gsoil client dev
  • homepage
  • NETSTATS (Andreas)
I don't want to be the long term dev - but I can help for the moment.
You don't need to trust me - we could lock in a certain amount in a multi signature wallet hold by Andreas and altsheets - if they agree?
Activity: 804
Merit: 500
DAO ↔ DApp

I think Cryptopia is the best exchange to get onto since being delisted from bittrex.
Activity: 329
Merit: 261
EnergyCoin Green CryptoCurrency
@altsheets nice post and and so sorry that SOIL is in this phase.
For application of renewable energy SOIL was our competitor but people of SOIL community are welcome to the EnergyCoin community.
EnergyCoin is in April 3 jears and we work on application for Community Energy Supplier using our DEX.

Have a nice day,
Brian

legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
Some hints for the bagholders of SOIL.
And some tech for other ETH based coins.

WTB/WTS trading

If you want to keep on trading your bagholder SOIL - we had done that already BEFORE bittrex took the coin on! See my whole thread WTS/WTB soil. As the community donations were ridiculous, I do not invest my time to moderate it again; just read my posts to see how I moderated it back then, it makes all total sense: WTB/WTS trading can be done without an exchange, by direct peer-to-peer buying&selling. Additionally to what we had back then, perhaps find a trustworthy escrow to step into the game too. But it can be done without, read the rulz for trading I had compiled back then, same thread.

This is useful for your trading: http://178.62.133.174:9001 = the block explorer.

Block explorer for SOIL

I am paying ~0.1 BTC per year for a server, and running a SOIL node for the SOIL block explorer. So perhaps introduce an "infrastructure tax" in that WTB/WTS trading thread, which always sends some dust of BTC (not soil) my way: BTC  1M4EaZVprZEmtrS3G78fMFy8yGVgdUJMXv to incentivize me not to soon switch off the only block explorer.

Block explorer for ETH based coins

I have worked much improving that block explorer (e.g. chain, peers). Perhaps I port it to another ETH based coin, as a showcase for my work, and to give an additional independent view onto that chain (because would you trust a coin with only 1 block explorer created by a premine dev team themselves?). There is a thread with lots of info. Invite me to your coin, and send me a BTC offer please.

Commandline tools for ETH based coins "ethjsre"

To make my/our life easier, I created a javascript collection of little tools, which are imported into the JSRE command line console of e.g.  gsoil attach  with a simple  loadScript("altsheets.js") , and then provide easier functions like bal(), and send(), etc. I have already made it working on several ETH based coins. Check it out, perhaps you want it ported to your coin (then send an offer), or want to port it yourself (then please do a github pull request): https://github.com/altsheets/ethjsre

Altcoin death

The death of a coin is an integral part of its existence. Every project ends one day. That is often forgotten. Before we move on, let us think about this for a moment. There are a possible lessons in here. I see two:

Most of the cryptocurrency "economy" is still simply "making money" from one single ugly Ponzi-like source: Bagholders after a bubble. What would be a better, sustainable economical architecture? Ideas anyone?

And: Most of the Altcoin bubble economy has a striking similarity to the accelerating throwaway-culture capitalism that a large part of our species is so cheerful about. We are living in unreasonable short-term wealth - just because the coming generations cannot. Unless we fundamentally change capitalism itself & reshape the elites & all of society & the political system & the thugs in the highest positions of politics and business & law & media & religions & education & technology & personal behaviour and consumption & our relationships with each other & everything else, and all that also really quickly ... our successors have a foreseeable chance to become like bagholders of a run-down worthless planet. The difference: They cannot just move onto the next Ponzi planet. Stuck here, in our one -and still largely beautiful- collective home.

Bye bye

Good luck with whatever you are doing next. And thanks to everyone for the good time I had here, in this little niche with a noticeably higher fraction of trying-to-be-better people. And most of all: Thanks a lot to you, Abvhiael! May you find a good way soon. When you read this tell me/us your BTC address, and I send some hard cash your way, as a going-away-gift, and to round-up my losses on this patch of soil

Smiley

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

Is there a slack or something the remaining people can have a chat?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
me too supporting that coin. thank you for the information
Activity: 41
I also still supporting that coin (will keep a node as long as i can)

Thank you @AndreasKrueger for your effort, what is left from my bittrex wallet send to 0x82e6fac28f2c0d89b442f4b7c0d72fa47c54efa7

legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
What work needs to be done to get this coin relisted or listed elsewhere?

I might become active again, when there is another exchange (promising to be) trading SOIL.

There are other exchanges out there tho..

I've seen Cryptopia is kind with undervalues coins. However, they ask for an active development contact, a website etc.

Just saying.

I'm not really invested and can't contribute much more than installing a node and stuff. Just sad to see another friendly coin dies away.

Wow.
Really dissapointed by the robotic generic answers of bittrex.

Ill keep a node and move the chain along for now.

There are other exchanges out there tho.. Bittrex is one of the high demanding ones.
Even listing on yobit is better than no listing.

Address: 0x82e6fac28f2c0d89b442f4b7c0d72fa47c54efa7

TxId: 0x77491b6c7d85c7479dbe209e8c04b405e37fcdf63037fae9baef8424ecd7bef8
Lost a lot on this one too.  They can't all be winners.  But really thought this had potential.  The developer meant well, but like with many things the demands of life often get in the way of big ideas. 
During the past week (and year), I have really really tried my best. Not only to re-awaken this thread and community here, but I also worked "behind the scenes" to convince bittrex, to please give us a second chance:

REQUEST #... SOIL WANTS TO LIVE ON

Long story short:
  • The coin was on one exchange, and when that sole exchange closes the only market, a coin is literally dead.
  • The hangman was a merciless executioner.
  • bittrex has earned money via trading fees, while SOIL was going up to 128,000 USD coinmarketcap;
    to understand that better, I manually summed up approximately the "more than 1000 USD volume per day" sums,
    and my estimate is a total trading volume of 100,000 USD since SOIL entered bittrex,
    so bittrex has earned 0.25% * 2 (buy and sell) * 100k USD = approx 500 USD. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Related to the work time they had to invest, that is not even much money, so I understand them too.
  • I have not only invested a lot of time into this, but also lost a lot of money - like many of us I suppose. What a pity.
  • A sad day for ecology because an ecology oriented coin got killed.
    But ... ETH and SOIL are PoW coins, and trying to marry PoW and ecology ... may become a stupid relationship anyways, I guess.
    So perhaps it is even a good day for ecology?
  • To continue with soil, means getting it onto another exchange. There are dozens of them.
    If you believe in it, please start contacting them now. Good luck.

For situation summary, see previous ~20 posts: I have a working smart contract and an oracle running, and very good manuals. And 2 testnet servers which I'll switch off soon, unless I am paid not to.

If you want to continue, get a group together, then contact me please. I might become active again, when there is another exchange (promising to be) trading SOIL.

I have 0 SOIL now.
If you have no use for your SOIL coins anymore, please send them here:

This was an ambitious project. What work needs to be done to get this coin relisted or listed elsewhere?  Sending 10k your way Andreas. 
During the past week (and year), I have really really tried my best. Not only to re-awaken this thread and community here, but I also worked "behind the scenes" to convince bittrex, to please give us a second chance:

REQUEST #... SOIL WANTS TO LIVE ON

Ryan Hentz January 19, 2017 21:25

Hi,

All coins must meet minimum requirements to remain listed - https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583874-Bittrex-Market-Removal-Policy-Updated-09-17-16

Thank you,

Ryan @ Bittrex

Thank you,

Ryan @ Bittrex

Andreas January 20, 2017 09:33

Thanks a lot for your answer, Ryan.

When I switch https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-SOIL to
"1W", on "01-13-2017" I can see a total volume of "1.71M", which at an
average price of 200 Satoshi leads to 3.42 Bitcoin, divided by 7 -->
0.488571 Bitcoin per day. That is 0.5 BTC, right?

Please tell us the BTC value of the total trades of the past week, so
that we know for sure.

Could please change the sentence "This market is being removed on Friday
January 27th, 2017." to
"This market is being removed on Friday January 27th, 2017, unless it
has at least 3.5 BTC total volume traded within 7 days"

So ... there is hope. What a relief.
So much work, money, and enthusiasm has been going into this little coin.

Please do not kill all that with one click.

Thanks!
Have a good day!

Andreas

Ryan Hentz January 21, 2017 16:21

Hi,

All coins must meet minimum requirements to remain listed - https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583874-Bittrex-Market-Removal-Policy-Updated-09-17-16

Thank you,

Ryan @ Bittrex

Andreas January 21, 2017 18:40

Thanks a lot for your answer, Ryan.

*Please tell us the BTC value of the total trades of the past week, **
**so that we know for sure.**

When I switch https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-SOIL to
"1W", on "01-13-2017" I can see a total volume of "1.71M", which at an
average price of 200 Satoshi leads to 3.42 Bitcoin, divided by 7 -->
0.488571 Bitcoin per day. That is 0.5 BTC, right?

Could please change the sentence
"This market is being removed on Friday January 27th, 2017." to
"This market is being removed on Friday January 27th, 2017,
unless it has at least 3.5 BTC total volume traded within 7 days"

So ... there is hope. What a relief.
So much work, money, and enthusiasm has been going into this little coin.
Please do not kill all that with one click.

Thanks!
Have a good day!

Andreas

Ryan Hentz Sunday at 03:01

HI,

It looks like SOIL is being removed. Please make sure to withdrawal your coins.

Thank you,

Ryan

Andreas Sunday at 13:52

Thanks for your answer, Ryan.

So what you are saying is that

* sufficient volume is approx reached - but you still want to kill the
coin?
* so there must be other reasons why it is removed.

Please tell me specifically: *Which are the other reasons?*

Your suggestion to withdraw the coins is vain. Because SOIL is only on
one exchange - yours. So YOU would KILL this coin, and the community
that has formed around it. And you also kill the good idea, to connect
selfish cryptocurrencies with altruistic ecology.

Please reconsider. There is a new team forming right now. Check out the
thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1176709.new#new

Will anyone of you be on the blockchainweek.com on Monday and Tuesday?

Thanks a lot.
Andreas

Ryan Hentz Sunday at 16:34

Hi,

Bittrex only facilitates the trading of a coin. A coins life exists outside of Bittrex as well. SOIL is being removed per the note at the top of the page.

Thank you,

Ryan

Andreas Monday at 00:17

> SOIL is being removed per the note at the top of the page.
Yes.

I have understood that.

What is the specific reason, is my question.

Thanks
Andreas

Ryan Hentz Monday at 00:38

Hi,

The coin has not shown enough interest to remain listed. Please withdrawal your funds.

Thank you,

Ryan

Andreas Monday at 23:35

Ryan, thanks!

Please give us some more time - and then feel free to kill us, if
nothing substantial has happened.

> The coin has not shown enough interest to remain listed.
"Interest" for you means "trading volume in BTC" - right?

Please sum up the BTC volume since you made the "is being removed"
announcement.

There has considerable trading happened now. Don't your euthanasia
criteria on that webpage of yours say 2.1 BTC or 3.5 BTC per week?

And in your frontend interface, doesn't the B: ______ mean bitcoins?

We are at ~3.38 BTC in 6 days now.
No need to close down the only marketplace where SOIL is traded -
because would kill the coin for sure.

And please please please do me only one favor - check out the newest ~20
posts of the the thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1176709.new#new
The activity there really looks like a new team is forming.

And IF you are really delisting us now, then you would also kill that
new enthusiasm.

Please reconsider.

Thanks,
Andreas

Ryan Hentz Tuesday at 04:34

Soil was flagged because the community is dead and there is no active work being done to the coin. This coin will be removed and will not return unless there is active development and community interest.

Thank you,

Ryan

Even though I really wanted to believe we had a chance, in the end I had rage-quit, and sold my coins at a huge loss. I have 0 SOIL now.
If you have no use for your SOIL coins anymore, please send them here:
 (I had written beautiful manuals, but the balance of that donation address is still 0)

A sad day for ecology. But ... ETH and SOIL are PoW coins, and trying to marry PoW and ecology ... may become a stupid relationship anyways, I guess. So perhaps a good day for ecology?
Thanks for your reply. Running a VPS feels great  Wink

Yes, and you can do so much more with it! Try this (untested as little time until tomorrow, but approx like that):
Code:

sudo apt-get install apache2
sudo mkdir /var/www/html/me
sudo chmod 777 /var/www/html/me
echo "hello world" > /var/www/html/me/hello.txt

Then open your browser at  
http://your.ip.address.here/me/ or at
http://your.ip.address.here/me/hello.txt

Just one example ...

P.S.: the chmod 777 is dangerously unsafe, but it circumvents access rights problems, until you have learned more about users, groups, chmod, and chown.
RKS
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
BTC address: 17u5q3VJSVg9w9VPfE34th3mbTG4ngFEfS
Ok, we will see. And is there an active wallet that actually works? A place to store these coins, while the developer team resurrects and breaths life into these seemly dead coins? But seriously, is there a wallet that actually works? If not- full on dead coin, and dream on.  

Theyre trying to finish the work and, when when this is over and done with, get back to ur silly ass and address ur concern. Maybe they will develop a special wallet for u named RKS and put a snapshot of ur face onto a splash screen, thereby u can masturbate to ur face each time u boot the wallet.

Wow aren't you a douche bag. Thanks for the response- sorry you lost a shit load on this coin.

Respect to the developers who are trying to finish a wallet. Enjoy your day.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
I offer to set it up for SOIL - but only IF -->

--> people now say:
        YES, I am running or am going to run a node, and
        YES, I am going to get the client for netstats set up.
               (Not very difficult, you just need to install node and then work through a few steps.)

So, who is in?
YES, just setup a node on a Raspberry Pi. Grin
YES, as long as the client will run on a Raspberry Pi as well. Wink
Is there a place to store Soil coins? Bittrex will delist so where can you store Soil coins? Can someone explain it please? Is there an active wallet? Don't have a lot but still you never know what will happen in Crypto so it would be nice to park them somewhere Smiley

Yes, just download soilsafe and synch up.

But to survive i think some exchange will be needed.

Anyone got any contact with dev?
Pages:
Jump to: