Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 41. (Read 237604 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Thanks for your reply. Running a VPS feels great  Wink

This should be the nodes running on the VPS:

Testnet
enode://293a24490f56c1687f94b7e550ee3099bf96e646723aa902eedd7f9a679a9dbb26d346b4584e0776f7bcd61e3ca4098913cb97718f0224f9147eb9d46540ef57@51.15.130.241:39340
Mainnet
enode://36667a60f555c254957b56aca013b507bb9e2a2f7b2484be7c70471dee268492907a11ee00329af761574ae2be57562660b95738654a2ca96bcf8ae88974033f@51.15.130.241:39420

I will be away from home until beginning of next week. Any news from Abvhiael??
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
I am also in  Smiley
Purchased the VPS and set up the nodes (testnet and mainnet), which was quite straightforward using the tutorials.
Good. And - how does it feel, to be controlling your own cloud machines now?

not sure how to keep the node running though. After typing 'gsoiltestnet js ~/SOIL/testnetpeers.js > ~/SOIL/testnet-log.txt 2>&1 &' there is no prompt to 'exit'.
After an ampersanded (&) command, you get the prompt back in the shell. Latest, when you press enter then.

You can study it by greping all processes for "gsoil" or "gsoiltestnet". And by looking at the tail of the logfile:

Code:
ps aux | grep gsoil

tail -n 100 -f ~/SOIL/testnet-log.txt
End that neverending (-f) logfileprinting with Ctrl-C.

The
Code:
2>&1
redirects the stderr to stdout.

And then both end up into that same logfile.

And the
Code:
 &
makes the process hand back the control, so you can continue in your shell.

Is the process still running when I close the terminal window?
I guess so. Just log out, and log back in, and use the above ps command - and you'll see if that is the case.

If not, (please tell us, and then) run it with nohup. I.e.:
Code:
nohup gsoiltestnet js ~/SOIL/testnetpeers.js > ~/SOIL/testnet-log.txt 2>&1 &

See https://linux.die.net/man/1/nohup

cryptococcus called it "straightforward using the tutorials".  Happy to hear that.   Anyone else also wanna try now?
I am also in  Smiley

Purchased the VPS and set up the nodes (testnet and mainnet), which was quite straightforward using the tutorials.
@Andreas: not sure how to keep the node running though. After typing 'gsoiltestnet js ~/SOIL/testnetpeers.js > ~/SOIL/testnet-log.txt 2>&1 &' there is no prompt to 'exit'. Is the process still running when I close the terminal window?
Hi, unfortunately I am not a crypto dev - did just some basic (scientific) programming. Probably not of much help in this area.
Even though basic, you are a coder, good. Helpful for many things.

However I would be willing to run a 24/7 node according to Andreas' tutorials.
Great. Any flaws in those tutorials, please report them. Thanks.

I would also donate some SOIL or BTC to Abvhiael if he decides to continue with his work for SOIL...!
Great. Who has been able to get in contact with him?

About your node, and everyone's nodes:

NETSTATS

I have recently learned how to set up cubedro's "eth-netstats", and then connect a "eth-net-intelligence-api" client to it.

The public dashboard looks like this:

I offer to set it up for SOIL - but only IF -->

--> people now say:
        YES, I am running or am going to run a node, and
        YES, I am going to get the client for netstats set up.
               (Not very difficult, you just need to install node and then work through a few steps.)

So, who is in?
legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
addpeers.js  and  altsheets.js JSRE

... running a soil wallet in windows ...

To make that easier, I have now created

a new function in the blockexplorer:

When you press "download as addpeers.js", you'll get the peernodes as a file.
Also see ABEESOIL thread.

.BAT windows batch files = just doubleclick

See README.md in the github repo.  In short:

Download ZIP archive, and unpack all files into folder where your gsoil.exe lives
(in the video minute 01:15 to 01:20).

Good?
legendary
Activity: 902
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
Hi to everyone, if you have difficulties with running a soil wallet at windows , check link below
 That will give you a opportunity to run a wallet, to sync, to run a node and if you wish to mine solo or just to store your coin locally.
 current (old) chain still running  Smiley

(step by step video explanation)
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSXXjwN-C20

Small hint: In minute 1:22 I had to hold SHIFT while rightclicking, to get the "Open command window here"

Hi,
unfortunately I am not a crypto dev - did just some basic (scientific) programming. Probably not of much help in this area. However I would be willing to run a 24/7 node according to Andreas' tutorials. I would also donate some SOIL or BTC to Abvhiael if he decides to continue with his work for SOIL...!
Activity: 41
 Hi to everyone, if you have difficulties with running a soil wallet at windows , check link below
 That will give you a opportunity to run a wallet, to sync, to run a node and if you wish to mine solo or just to store your coin locally.
 current (old) chain still running  Smiley

(step by step video explanation)
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSXXjwN-C20

now video includes subs for better understanding
Activity: 2147
Merit: 518
Ok, we will see. And is there an active wallet that actually works? A place to store these coins, while the developer team resurrects and breaths life into these seemly dead coins? But seriously, is there a wallet that actually works? If not- full on dead coin, and dream on. 

Theyre trying to finish the work and, when when this is over and done with, get back to ur silly ass and address ur concern. Maybe they will develop a special wallet for u named RKS and put a snapshot of ur face onto a splash screen, thereby u can masturbate to ur face each time u boot the wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1559
Epic Private Internet Cash
I will donate some funds as I did earlier. No problem. I will try to contact Abvhiael in facebook also.
Honestly sorry for not being here recently.  Started a new job, moved into a new city, very busy.
I had always had the plan to spend more time on SOIL again, once I am more settled in. Now.

I'd like to hear your opinion:

(GOODBYE) If the community feels investing more time into SOIL is futile, then let's bury it. I destroy my nodes, and perhaps deploy my existing smart contract (see below) on a different chain.

(CONTINUE) If however you think or feel that this beautiful attempt at an ecology oriented chain should survive indeed, then why not read further back in this thread?  YOU can put some time into playing with and learning about smart contracts, and use simple Linux server admin commands to get your own cheap server up, etc..  And if not that, then come on board anyways, and show yourself, and say what you are good at, and how you want to help SOIL. And then start doing that. One good thing of this new tech is that you need not ask anyone for permission; if you have an idea, and some time - you just do it.

What I am contributing at the moment:

TESTNET v1.4.1

I am paying to have 2 cheap servers running testnet soil with the new Homestead SOIL code that martymcfly2015 has contributed (his announcement, my tutorials for it).  One is just running and holding most of the genesis block testnetcoins, the other one is mining testnetcoins.

I have just checked them now:

Code:
gsoiltestnet attach
instance: Gsoil_MMF_TN/v1.4.1-430cc246/linux/go1.6.3
datadir: /home/soil/.soiltnet
coinbase: 0x483df4c1f8f3246ccd7d8314f1864666fb336e08
at block: 360773 (Thu, 19 Jan 2017 15:46:37 UTC)

web3.fromWei(eth.getBalance("0x483df4c1f8f3246ccd7d8314f1864666fb336e08"),"SOIL")
> eth.mining
true
and

Code:
gsoiltestnet attach
instance: Gsoil_MMF_TN/v1.4.1-430cc246/linux/go1.6.3
datadir: /home/soil/.soiltnet
coinbase: 0xf385fd6addfd1fa039c1bc6e698998bb60a8fb5f
at block: 360780 (Thu, 19 Jan 2017 15:48:36 UTC)

> web3.fromWei(eth.getBalance("0xf385fd6addfd1fa039c1bc6e698998bb60a8fb5f"),"SOIL")
> eth.mining
false

So: the new code has been running happily on testnet since autumn. A good sign.

What could be done next is mentioned here:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16855673 - anyone?

MAINNET v1.3.3 / 1.4.0
(Remind me please, what was the difference between 1.3.3 and 1.4.0 ? Thanks.)

weathercontract and oracle

My oracle server is happily running - http://weathercontract.hopto.org/oracle/

To interact with the smart contract "weathercontract" is really not difficult, I have written good tutorials. See this post as a starting point. Just try it out now. You will appreciate what you are learning on the way, believe me.

The oracle needs a running node to listen to the events and send transactions - so as a side effect, I am also running a permanent mainnet node there (on a third paid VPS server):

Code:
 ps -eo pid,cmd,lstart | grep soil
  510 /home/soil/SOIL/go-ethereum Fri Jul 15 18:37:17 2016

gsoil attach
instance: Gsoil/v1.3.3-b62bb712/linux/go1.5.3
datadir: /home/soil/.soil
at block: 1760431 (Thu, 19 Jan 2017 12:26:09 EST)
> eth.blockNumber
> net.peerCount

So that mainnet node has been running continuously for 6 months, since 2016 July 15th.

I have rebooted the whole droplet now, and started the eventlogloop of the oracle, and tested it.
It is working fine! http://weathercontract.hopto.org/oracle/

Back to the top: IF you answer the initial question with (CONTINUE), then keep on reading:

Just to clarify, I just cannot be THE dev. However,

I would cooperate with other people who are good at what they like to do, and who dedicate some spare time to this.  The sadly cheap price has a happy aspect: New people can come in now. A great opportunity for all of us - so if we really get this off the ground together, there is a nonzero chance that everyone who puts only a bit of money in it now, AND at the same time starts working towards reviving this thread, coin, and community, might get profit out of it, and is then also able to share some of that profit. But this is not an investment advice, do your own thinking. The current situation could easily mean that you will loose 100% of your investment.

One wish: I ask you to consider one thing, if you start playing in the waves of the high volatility now: Please put some of your profits aside, to be able to later help this coin. Either SOIL or even BTC. We need angels who want to profit AND want to share - for giveaways, donations, paying for servers, development work, etc.. One such suggestion already:

Please, Abvhiael - what could we do for you? What would allow you to get you back on board?  
If more people join in, I am willing to donate some SOIL and some BTC into a fund - which pays Abvhiael money to continue with his previously superb work.

So - what does everybody think?  Really curious about the answers now ...
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
looks forward a new dev
RKS
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
BTC address: 17u5q3VJSVg9w9VPfE34th3mbTG4ngFEfS
Ok, we will see. And is there an active wallet that actually works? A place to store these coins, while the developer team resurrects and breaths life into these seemly dead coins? But seriously, is there a wallet that actually works? If not- full on dead coin, and dream on. 
Activity: 21
With no other exchange, another coin bites the dust Cry
Dead coin?

The coin might be dead for now, but we are waiting for the developer to push it forward. The reason it's dead is, the lack of activity in the development of the project. As I understand, the only true developer of soilcoin is in deep economic trouble. So how can this coin evolve?

The coin can be reintroduced on an exchange; when the developer has assembled a team to drive the project forward.
RKS
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
BTC address: 17u5q3VJSVg9w9VPfE34th3mbTG4ngFEfS
With no other exchange, another coin bites the dust Cry
Dead coin?
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Any recent news? Well...

Yeah SOIL gonna be removed from Bittrex on Friday January 27th, 2017.
legendary
Activity: 1393
Great initiative, kawa900jc.

Anyone wants testnet coins? Send me your address.

I have just sent testnetcoins to 'Daiw' - thanks for testing martymcfly2015's new code.

Code:
gsoiltestnet attach
> eth.blockNumber

Anyone else? Here is more information: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16855673
Any recent news? Well...
Pages:
Jump to: