Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 36. (Read 237599 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
I think its essential to get SOIL back to some exchange. Right now it is not visible anymore at coinmarketcap. I donated some (fraction of) BTC and would go for the direct listing at nova.

@abvhiael: good to hear from you  Smiley

That's really great! - @cryptococcus - I'm an idiot. If have deleted the community wallet, but I will refund what you've donated from my own bag. We should be soon on nova exchange!

OK! I donated 0.05 BTC for the listing at nova exchange to the above mentioned BTC address. I might donate some more if others also step in.

I havent donated SOIL to the community wallet so far. Do you know why the last block was 10h ago? Someone stopped mining?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Auxiliary Soil Developer
I think its essential to get SOIL back to some exchange. Right now it is not visible anymore at coinmarketcap. I donated some (fraction of) BTC and would go for the direct listing at nova.

@abvhiael: good to hear from you  Smiley

That's really great! - @cryptococcus - I'm an idiot. If have deleted the community wallet, but I will refund what you've donated from my own bag. We should be soon on nova exchange!
Auxiliary Soil Developer
I think there's no need to have two ANN threads. I've asked abvhiael to share the account of this thread with me. We would have another person with access to the OP.
I'm not a dev and it's hard to find altruistic people to get in. I'm happy for the moment to help with the technical aspects of soil but if we want to continue here, we need more people in.

I'm a C# developer, but I guess , I could learn to develop on the blockchain as well. I'll be your apprentice @abvhiael.

I think it's good fun to try and understand the ideas driving a blockchain towards common goals in benefit of the community.

So, to be able to compile the currently available source code into a gsoil.exe for Windows might be one of my first goals in this group. I just need some help in doing it. Later, I think; i can be able to do it on my own.

How to compile gsoil under windows

Code:
Get Git from http://git-scm.com/downloads
Get go windows https://golang.org/dl/
Get http://win-builds.org/doku.php
Set Environment paths
Add GOROOT pointed to c:\go and GOPATH to c:\godev
Set PATH to %PATH%;%GOROOT%\bin;%GOPATH%\bin;c:\winbuilds\bin
Install godep: "go get -u github.com/tools/godep"
go get -d -u github.com/Soilcoin/go-soil.git
go to c:\godev\src\github.com\Soilcoin\gsoil\cmd\gsoil and run "godep go install"
Find the binary in c:\godev\bin
Activity: 46

Right now the last block is 8h ago... How comes? Would also donate some SOIL to the development fund as soon as the chain moves again.

@abvhiael: good to hear from you  Smiley
Activity: 21
I think there's no need to have two ANN threads. I've asked abvhiael to share the account of this thread with me. We would have another person with access to the OP.
I'm not a dev and it's hard to find altruistic people to get in. I'm happy for the moment to help with the technical aspects of soil but if we want to continue here, we need more people in.

I'm a C# developer, but I guess , I could learn to develop on the blockchain as well. I'll be your apprentice @abvhiael.

I think it's good fun to try and understand the ideas driving a blockchain towards common goals in benefit of the community.

So, to be able to compile the currently available source code into a gsoil.exe for Windows might be one of my first goals in this group. I just need some help in doing it. Later, I think; i can be able to do it on my own.

Auxiliary Soil Developer
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
im not sure if i should post in this thread or the other one, but its been a long time since ive had the time or brain to be able to look back into cryptocurrency, and id like to start out by apologizing to all of you wh oinvsted in this vision, i didnt abandon SOILcoin because of any lack of faith in the project or my certainty that a project like SOILcoin NEEDS to exist, to explore what we can DO to benefit evryone with blochchain technology.

for the last few months my health has been very bad. my epileptic seizures were multiple times a day and i was hospitalized, more than once, for awhile. evrything suffered. i kept up on my reading as best as i could, the underlying technologies that i still feel SOILcoin can serve. ive been reading a lot about renewable energy technologies and have a lot of ideas how we can leverage the deeper understanding of smart contracts to create some pretty novel things here.

im glad to see that there are community members that want to form a development team to continue on the work of SOILcoin, and id hope that i might remain a part of that vision moving forward. we have already created a number of great things on the SOIL blockchain... a peer to peer token exchange with an underlying lite BTC chain... we integrated MIST into usage pretty quick and it served as a great tool for smart contract deployment...

i have a few ideas regarding the blockchain, how we can secure it using intelligent benchmarks to prevent the sorts of attacks that took down SHF and KR, while providing working capital for the development team. the project was only myself and peter for a long time and i was simply overwhelmed trying to keep up with blockchain improvements, trying to find money for node hosting and website hosting etc. when he left the project, and then.. well, life happened and i got sick.

im presently on medical marijuana for my seizures, and its been helping a lot. im ready to jump back in to the EVM, but i dont have the energy or ability to put twelve to fourteen hour days into it this time around.... im financially fubared. we're scraping by and generally fighting to keep up with bills, and ive got a fight going with the provincial government to cover the costs of my prescription which their fighting back with lawyers and such, but the work for that is done and im in the long waiting game for a court date at the supreme court to force them to comply with a three year old order that theyre resisting, nearly criminally so...

i have a small reserve of SOIL that ive purchased back, when it was still up arund 1000 satoshis, and even though i dont have the sort of computer resources to effectively mine, will involve myself with any pools that come up that are community driven. my understanding of the mechanics of the blockchain remains murky, but if a development team can be rebuilt for this project, if the load can be shouldered by a few rather than just on one set, id like to see SOILcoin spout again.

ive taken some time to really familiarize myself with the changes to the ethereum ecosystem over the past six to eight months, and can see where theres a great number of things we can take from those experiences. id like to work on cross-chain interconnectivity and groundwork dapps ported to the SOIL ecosystem, if those here still think that id be a good voice on the team.

Auxiliary Soil Developer
Soil has been abandoned for a while now but there're still some community members supporting this coin. I came late to soil - had a look at the source code and started to support the development and brought it to homestead code level - since it's Ethereum based. We have a working homestead-level testnet now and the mainnet could enter homestead easily. I like soil and I think it fills a niche in altcoin space and it would be sad to have another coin death. I would like know if you think we should try to revive soil with a new (editable) announcement page?

My plan:
  • New editable announcement page with own account
  • Let's arrange two other members to hold the password of this account
  • Establishing 2 public nodes for mainnet - painless syncing
  • Adding those new nodes to old source code and compile soil client (gsoil)
  • Current gui wallet update with this client
  • Establishing 2 public nodes with help of the community for testnet (homestead ready) - for painless syncing
  • Up to date soil gui wallet - if I get some incentive  Smiley
  • Bounty program based on community donations
  • You...

Poll:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-soilcoin-soil-revive-1804204
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
Which wallet to download to send my coins from trex?
You might start with this post.

Download the wallet, add nodes/peers via console and your wallet should start syncing. This may take several hours/a day or so.

Once your wallet finished the blockchain download, you're ready to send a little amount to your wallet for testing. If this works, send the remaining amount. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
Which wallet to download to send my coins from trex?
legendary
Activity: 1250
Merit: 1004
pool.sexy
Hi,

this is my pool with martymcfly2015 wallet: soil.pool.sexy

martymcfly2015 Pls change https://github.com/martymcfly2015/go-soil/blob/master/VERSION
1.4.2 ----> 1.4.3
legendary
Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001
Epic Private Internet Cash
Working on a testnet gui-wallet based on meteor-dapp-wallet. Branding not fully done yet. A couple of things needs to be done in addition.

And again: I have near to no soil; please (donate or) sell me some SOIL, to increase my motivation to believe in this coin :-)

Thanks

Smiley
Same for me  Smiley.

Just increase your buy orders guys... Smiley
Auxiliary Soil Developer
Working on a testnet gui-wallet based on meteor-dapp-wallet. Branding not fully done yet. A couple of things need to be done in addition.

And again: I have near to no soil; please (donate or) sell me some SOIL, to increase my motivation to believe in this coin :-)

Thanks

Smiley
Same for me  Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 902
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
with this:

Like a bitcointalk archaeologist, I went back into the past of these two accounts

I found out a bit more about this:

I just realized there are actually TWO repos on github/soilcurrency/
I tend to believe we should be using the "gsoil 1.4.0" - but why does the "gsoil 1.3.3" have a newer commit date, AND is based on newer ethereum code?
Anyone?

abvhiael -in his early 2016 posts- had not mentioned any sourcecode, so no answer from that.

But

soil (Peter) in his 2016 posts, had announced new versions.

The latest such post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14336623 was on March 27, 2016.

When you download that e.g. ... SOILsafe-win64-0-5-2.zip, and unpack it, the
Code:
SOILsafe-win64-0-5-2\resources\node\gsoil\gsoil.exe version 
results in
Code:
Gsoil
Version: 1.4.0
Protocol Versions: [63 62 61]
Network Id: 42
So that was a "Gsoil/v1.4.0/windows/go1.6"

BUT in May 2016 he talked about a mining attack:

And that ominous 1.3.3 repo was updated on May 12th. Perhaps as a reaction to that attack?
Was it ever finished?

Just wondering because there are reasons to believe that the 1.3.3 is actually newer code (than the 1.4.0), but he forgot to increase the version number.

?

legendary

Like a bitcointalk archaeologist, I went back into the past of these two accounts

for all those who want to work on reviving SOIL - read their posts.

Among other things, I found this project of Abvhiael:

SOIL-ex: A distributed subcurrency exchange on the SOILnet

for all those who want to work on reviving this - read those older posts, they make a lot of sense.

Tried to get something very basic up for a website.  http://www.cryptosoil.com/ . I have no experience doing this, so I know it still needs work, but it's a start. If anyone with web design skills is interested in helping make it look more professional, adding features or optimizing search tags PM me and I'll issue editor credentials to work on it. Thanks.
Great.

Perhaps you can copypaste texts from their posts? But please name the original author & source.

legendary
oh wait.

I see a disturbance in the force ...

I just realized there are actually TWO repos on github/soilcurrency/

I tend to believe we should be using the "gsoil 1.4.0" - but why does the 1.3.3 have a newer commit date, AND is based on newer ethereum code?

Anyone?
legendary

And it happened again ... same thing:

Anyone understands possible reasons for this? http://pastebin.com/xSMWS7wx
I restarted the node. When the blockexplorer chain page does not show numbers but a pop up notification instead, the gsoil node has crashed again.

This time, I have (a) deleted my old golang-1.4.2, (b) installed new golang-1.7.5, (c) cloned again the original repo soilcurrency/go-ethereum "Latest commit b62bb71 on May 12, 2016", (d) compiled it, and then (e) restarted the gsoil node.

I have done that because I wanted to exclude other causes; apart from your experiments with the new homestead code, I had also apt-get upgraded my OS, so perhaps that might have invalidated older go libraries? We'll see.

When the blockexplorer chain page does not show numbers but a pop up notification instead, the gsoil node has crashed again.
I will keep an eye on that blockexplorer site, and node. If you see it going offline, please pm me, that might alert me earlier.  Same page you can also see my version: "0.12.2, Gsoil/v1.3.3-b62bb712/linux/go1.7.5".

Anyways, for now, please stay on testnet with your homestead code experiments.

Thanks

Smiley

You can give to BTC 1M4EaZVprZEmtrS3G78fMFy8yGVgdUJMXv  or [SOIL] 0x8da4fc05ca343e6a41646194e91931d9f413a40c - Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: