Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 51. (Read 237604 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 11
SOIL Contract Development Package
Props to SilentCicero

Are you also using Cosmo for your contract development? Or have you moved on to a different tool? Which one?

peter used the cosmo editor with one release he made. but, with the contract editing and development, which is what most end users would use, already built into the MIST wallet, direction was pushed in that direction. with dApp deployment, if its written in serpent, ive been using pyepm. its taken a lot of futzing to build the file right for deployment, but now that ive gotten comfortable with it, i dont find i even look at other development platforms like truffle or whatnot. and since im really working on top of other peoples work, vetting the contracts and javascript whatsits and making sure they implement correctly on the SOIL network, most of the time, the deployment package for development is pretty standard. ive noticed a commonality to using grunt for front end work, which gives me conniptions, it never likes to remain installed globally on my server. dunno why. gremlins. its always gremlins.

Thanks.

Had hoped to have my DApp ready by now. Instead I am on my 3rd day now, studying solidity examples, and trying to get a better contract-IDE working. Started with Cosmo because of your recommendation here (if obsolete then edit that old post! Cost me a long time.); but Cosmo is unready, has bugs, and questions asked as github issues just don't get answered. And 'Mix' is very hard to install on Debian.

> already built into the MIST wallet

Is that SOILsafe ?

I have just tried it out.

This won't work:  https://github.com/Arachnid/solidity-stringutils#basic-usage

Code:
import "github.com/Arachnid/solidity-stringutils/strings.sol";
contract MyContract { }

Code:
Error: :1:1: Error: Source not found: File not supplied initially.
import "github.com/Arachnid/solidity-stringutils/strings.sol";

Perhaps import from local file works? Where do I have to put 'strings.sol' in soilsafe?
Or can't SOILsafe/mist work with libraries?

Activity: 722
Merit: 501
Props to SilentCicero

Are you also using Cosmo for your contract development? Or have you moved on to a different tool? Which one?

peter used the cosmo editor with one release he made. but, with the contract editing and development, which is what most end users would use, already built into the MIST wallet, direction was pushed in that direction. with dApp deployment, if its written in serpent, ive been using pyepm. its taken a lot of futzing to build the file right for deployment, but now that ive gotten comfortable with it, i dont find i even look at other development platforms like truffle or whatnot. and since im really working on top of other peoples work, vetting the contracts and javascript whatsits and making sure they implement correctly on the SOIL network, most of the time, the deployment package for development is pretty standard. ive noticed a commonality to using grunt for front end work, which gives me conniptions, it never likes to remain installed globally on my server. dunno why. gremlins. its always gremlins.

trying to get work in as often as possible these past few days, and have been talking with a few people that might come on board and help with blockchain development.. ill be less in over the next week as im moving from my comfortable place by the ocean into what passes for the big city around here (31,000 people) packing is neer fun, especially with a 6 year old helping.

heres a question i want to throw out there, just because... weve all heard about the demise of the DAO. even its developers have said theyve given up on it. and yet... its token is holding steady at 10,000+ satoshi, and ive seen it, last night, it even RISE in price. people are still investing in it, even after a public debacle. i dont get it. me.. i want to develop EVRYTHING on SOIL RIGHT NOW sorta thing, to make it worth something especially to those who have already invested in it. as a developer, i feel a responsibility to my shareholders, which is really what this loose sort of community is. many people have invested hard earned money and resources into helping drive SOIL, and i pray that by building it up right, and patiently, it will reap everyone rewards.

itll be interesting to see what sort of decision is made, regarding hard or soft forks, and the FUD and hallelujahs on both sides of the issue are amusing to watch. i still think ETH, as a unit, the virtual machine, is a hugely important invention, and i dont think the weakness is in solidity itself, although serpent is also a great working language. anyhow. we've seen how a contract can be manipulated, and im sure we'll see eventually, contracts that are malicious in intent as well. its a brave new world. how free we keep it... thats up to us. SOIL will remain free in that we have n ocontrol over what contracts are deployed on the blockchain. and dont want any. investments are the sole discretion of the investor, no matter what the platform is. people bought into the DAO without understnding it... just like people are buying into LISK without really seeing how centralized and monopolized it can become with a simple concentrated effort, and the "dapps minig" is a breeding ground for corruption. my prognostication is we see the next epic collapse from a "dirty dapp" on LISK in the next 6 months.

theres always going to be failures, its simply shocking to see when hundredsof millions of dollars are stipped off the value of something over what has happened. i wish the folks at ETH the best in dealing with this.
Props to SilentCicero

Props to SilentCicero

Thank you for that good introduction.

2) Get the Contract Development Package
Download

Please make it available on https://github.com/soilcurrency so I can start a pull request.

I have added Debian scripts, and there are improvements possible for cosmo itself.

Im sure many here have read about the collapse (or hack) of the DAO on ethereum, and just wanted to see what people thought about that. i followed the Slock-it DAO very closely as i have been working on an implementation of the DGX token (which DGD was tied into, it receiving the transaction fees from DGX usage) using platinum and palladium to start with. DGX also works with a DAO attached, (DGD) so it will be interesting to watch what happens coming out from this situation.

hopefully this will lead lead to reputable auditing services and a propensity to publishing and verifying contract code, not only the bytecode. being that we have to trust smart contracts to, as the ethereum website originally put it, "act exactly as they are programmed to", we also have to have those contracts ENTIRELY open-source, both in repositories and verifiable on the blockchain.

i hope that they DONT do a hard fork for ethereum. the mission statement they espoused was that ETH was to be censorship-free. they need to have a distance between the blockchain (the Foundation) and the dApps that are running on it. this is why i take so long with the platforms we are releasing. i spent four months going over the code for SOIL-ex, trying it out in different ways, trying to find a way to have the "BTC light client" provided by btc-relay and btc-swap NOT cost so much to run....

i hope all in this community that are invested in ETH werent also hit by shares in the DAO.. hope all your losses are light.

hi dev,
what is you planning for future of soil coin?

essentially, just to keep moving forward with applications and working on spreading the brand of SOIL far and wide. presently, im working on our implementation of SafeMarket, as a decentralized marketplace; and on our precious metals market. the precious metals should be ready by end of june. we already have some platinum and palladium ready to be listed and sold as asset-backed currencies, and have a few vendors willing to participate. i have been watching "the DAO" closely, in how we might release something similar to the DGD token as a method of profit sharing related to the transaction fees and storage fees that are part of the minting/recasting process.

i continue to write emails explaining the project to community and industry representatives, each and every day, introducing them to SOIL, our mission, and the EVM and crypto in general. it is my hope that while we may not have dApps geared specifically to these industries yet, the groundwork is there and as they become more aware of the options we can present, will turn quickly to using SOIL and our cost efficient computational array.

im still looking for new core development team members, and encourage ANYONE with a desire to get their hands dirty, and lose all sense of free time in their lives, to write me. SOIL has a specific direction, but we need a capable team to bring us there, and we need to look at the protocols and such going forward to ensure a strong vibrant future for the SOILcoin project.

i may be a little less available near the end of the month as im moving into the city, and we all know how much fun moving a household is. especially with a 6 year-old. therell be new white hairs on my beard by the time this move is done.

legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
hi dev,
I still have all of my soil. Things are tough with btc going up. Just keep pushing along and people will see your effort....
Activity: 827
Merit: 250
hi dev,
uhm...
in a past days official's pool stop the works for a few hours and increase buy on bittrex.
from yesterday, a big rig mining soil at the low price...when not profitabily.
i think Dev increase a SOIL coin value to stop mining/sell .
ok i don't mine soil. BUY! Cool
pool.soilcoin.xyz frontend pool is down?
 Error 400 bad request/nginx
http://www.soilcoin.xyz/ is down too. It is a dead coin, what you expect?

as mentioned above, im rebuilding the website from scratch.
will go look into the pool right now.

SOIL isnt dead. presently its under a bit of reorganization, but im still working on the project just as obsessively as before.
Activity: 250
http://www.soilcoin.xyz/ is down too. It is a dead coin, what you expect?
@SOILcoin twitter account need to wake up a bit. Can we help ?

if the success of a project like SOILcoin is to happen, its going to be through reaching out to those people and industries that wouldnt hae an immediate connection to cryptocurrency. ill start tweeting stuff connected to our core principles, making connections. tweet out to industries that would use those services that SOIL is building.

ive started posting a bit of a blog, gathering up posts from here, user guides for our Mist wallet, soil-ex stuff, etc. and will start keeping that up to date as well. soilcoin.blogspot.ca

just working on the new website this afternoon. i get a bit nitpicky when im editing, but im hoping that presenting a consistent message about where the direction of the project is going will help bring in people who want a clear road map. the beauty... and curse.. of this sort of platform is that we can build SO MUCH on it, and finding small niche markets that can be built out from..

as an example...

im working on a python registry. not the programming language... the snake.

my wife breeds them. the community has developed a very particular breeding and genetic registry of sorts, very ad hoc, with some breeders having thousands of snakes, many worth several hundreds to thousands of dollars thanks to selective recessive breedings, this whole industry has TRIED to build out a registry before, but it just got unweildy to MAINTAIN.

so, starting small, my wife and her immediate breeder people, will be producing a single asset token for each snake with IPFS registered genetic and ownership records. costs to run the registry rely on simple transaction costs, so minimal. altering data (via sale or breeding reords) would be another small fee, but altogether, a thousand times cheaper than what they paid to register their ball pythons in the first place with the now defunct registry.

something small like that can be scaled out for any sort of livestock or pet registry. which is where large scale usage comes in. beyond the regular gas costs for transactions and token creation during registry, youve got a low-cost, secure and pervasive kennel club registry, or thoroughbred horse registry. its also a step towards a full sort of provenance that can be easily traced back.... farm to plate or herpareum.
Activity: 304
@SOILcoin twitter account need to wake up a bit. Can we help ?
Activity: 980
Merit: 512
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
OP updated. still have some tweaking to do, as im just familiarizing myself with HTML code stuffs, which will be done after im done my supper.

Good job man, some usefull people gonna join your team.

You are working realy hard, you deserve to be rewarded for this.
OP updated. still have some tweaking to do, as im just familiarizing myself with HTML code stuffs, which will be done after im done my supper.
legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
I am testing the ROKOS raspberryPi solution - where greatly, SOIL is included. ...
- really  ... consider to get yourself an rPi3 (+ transparent case + HDMI cable + 2.5A USB 5V mains adapter + 8GB or 16GB microSD (get fastest one) + small external 2.5'' HD) ... for << 100 dollars, it is worth it! ... ---
EDIT: SOIL-addPeers.js  EDIT: If you like this, you can show it: [soil] 0x8da4fc05ca343e6a41646194e91931d9f413a40c

Sweet, I bought one yesterday to run a node for my miners and monitor the temps in the building.

Cool. Congrats to you.

And yes, the realworld monitoring ... is another great application for that tiny thing. Especially in connection with (heat producing) mining.

After all my multiboot struggles - better get several microSD cards, much easier to handle several systems.
May my "first-contact-log" be helpful in your own exploration ... ;-)
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I am testing the ROKOS raspberryPi solution - where greatly, SOIL is included.

- really  ... consider to get yourself an rPi3 (+ transparent case + HDMI cable + 2.5A USB 5V mains adapter + 8GB or 16GB microSD (get fastest one) + small external 2.5'' HD) ... for << 100 dollars, it is worth it!

---
EDIT: SOIL-addPeers.js
EDIT: If you like this, you can show it: [soil] 0x8da4fc05ca343e6a41646194e91931d9f413a40c

Sweet, I bought one yesterday to run a node for my miners and monitor the temps in the building.
Pages:
Jump to: