Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 47. (Read 237604 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hey. please let me correct gsoil.exe & peers. Thank.
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
my apologies that i havent gotten everything set back up yet. its a pretty stressful time here in my house, finances are bad, and im putting in as much real world work as i can to simply put food on the table. im managing to sneak in a couple hours a night in working on SOIL, and i hope that once the financial crunch has passed, i cn start focussing more on SOIL again. i SHOULD have the website back up by tonite, im done editing and such. i havent abandonded this project by any eans, but as i rely on a small pension to pay the bills and my expenses have shot up in the last month, its rough to make ends meet, or even come within the same zip code. trying to get enough money together to catch up on rent, pay the bills enough so we dont get cut off and put food on the table for my wife and son. ive dropped thirty five pounds over the last month, which is far too much for me, down now to 140 pounds, standing 6'4". thank you al for your patience and understanding. i still believe in this project very strongly, and have a thousand ideas for dApps to build upon it that would make a difference in our world. ive had to use my devlopers reserve to actually get thru last month, but even with no major stake in this currency, i plan on continuing working on it as long as we remain viable. its going to take a bit of restructuring, and we will need to look at a fork on the blockchain to implement homestead protocol changes (which will ensure a stable blocktime and distribution curve) with this fork, it may become necessary to rebuilt community reserves and developers funds, especially to pay for server costs which are presently beyond my means. as a community, what do you fine folks think about that? i value the input.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
... need list of working peers. Anyone can share output from admin.peers command? Thanks
Solved, once and for all, now...

Thanks altsheets for that functionality.

Installed new mining pool for SOIL:

http://soil.miners-zone.net/

• payments every 4 hours,
  • getwork/stratum support,
  • support mining over ethminer, eth-proxy, ether-proxy, claymore dual miner,
  • JSON stats.
legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
Happy million, SOIL.
block #1000000 was found, do we have any party?
Yes - to celebrate, I created a useful gift for the SOIL community. Solving an old-and-frequent problem.
It was surprisingly difficult, there were quite some obstacles in the way. But in the end, I got it working:

... need list of working peers. Anyone can share output from admin.peers command? Thanks
Solved, once and for all, now:

addPeer()
The block explorer ABEESOIL
auto-generates addPeer() commands,
with all the peers it is connected to, plus itself:
ABEESOIL:   /#/util/peers
178.62.133.174:9001/#/util/peers

You also get to that page by clicking:  ABEESOIL --> v0.2.5 -->
chain summary --> scroll down --> "Is Connected, Peers Count"

New function, hooray. And in the shape of a birthday cake  Smiley

... Please give generously, to:  0x8da4fc05ca343e6a41646194e91931d9f413a40c. ...
Thanks.

Edit: retweet.
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
... But need list of working peers. Anyone can share output from admin.peers command? Thanks
Looks like just Andreas' (?) node is up:
Code:
admin.addPeer("enode://77b71660f5cb025e337bfb9bebf0c71001849fab8786d7b13fe3e081841f35cbf463cfc46fd570ef09829553524806be76b051e4f16afa7daf77265eb9733335@192.241.129.165:39420")

Btw. block #1000000 was found, do we have any party?

Ok, we have a party in the post above! Yay! Cheesy Just sent some spare SOIL.
legendary
Happy million, SOIL.

--> chain info --> block height 1,000,000

Also points to the fact that I have recently
upgraded your block explorer
and without getting paid. Please give generously:

Your soil block explorer ABEESOIL got an upgrade.

Please contribute, to 0x8da4fc05ca343e6a41646194e91931d9f413a40c. Thanks. ...

Infos about the new ABEESOIL v0.2.4 in this informative post with images.

edit: retweet
Did you get a pool up? I can donate too...

Im working on it. But need list of working peers. Anyone can share output from admin.peers command? Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1393
Did you get a pool up? I can donate too...
legendary
Activity: 1559
Epic Private Internet Cash
yep this pool is closing soon. Atleast what they say. http://185.92.223.78:8082/#/
this is the only pool right?

Someone who can make a pool for us?

No time, but I can pledge 500 SOIL into a collective bounty
for someone who sets up a pool, and hosts it for at least 6 months.

Who else wants to contribute to this bounty?

I'll take a part! 500 soil from me too. Smiley
Can I ask why it will be closed that pool?

I can setup mining pool but I will need to know to which date it should run.
legendary
yep this pool is closing soon. Atleast what they say. http://185.92.223.78:8082/#/

No time, but I can pledge 500 SOIL into a collective bounty
for someone who sets up a pool, and hosts it for at least 6 months.

Who else wants to contribute to this bounty?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 140
Entrepreneur and blockchain enthusiast
Is there any working pools?
so, naturally, during the time i was "internetless", the whole of cryptoworld was sent into a tailspin ove rthe DAO. ive spent a LOT of time in the last week, reading up on the situation, from every different perspective, mainly because we are an Ethereum-based blockchain, what happens there sheds an aura on us as well. im not sure where everyone's sympathies lie regarding the hard fork, or the fundemental split in the ETH community, the emergence of two competing chains, the vitriol and insanity being spread by both sides of the coin in this situation.

so for the record, i dont support the hard fork, or how the Ethereum Foundation is using the split funds (their reserves of ETC). when those chat logs were released online, showing that members of the Foundation were COLLUDING to sell their shares of ETC, to drive its price down. this is PRICE FIXING. here in canada, where mr. buterin is from, and who was implicitly involved in the collusion, the penalty for such a conspiracy of action is a maximum of 14 years imprisonment and/or a $25million dollar fine. the evidence in that chat log, pointing to a cabal of conspirators prepared to sell off their ETC to drive its price down and create a panic is well documented, and sets a dangerous precedent and i personally feel that an investigation into what has happened, how Ethereum Foundation members have dumped ETC stocks onto the market as part of a coordinated effort to discredit "the competition", will result in criminal charges and convictions.

i dont view the DAO kerfuffle as a hack or exploit and, being that the DAO presented itself as "the code is the law", they should have sucked up their losses, because even though it was "bad code", it should have been IMMUTABLE and CENSORSHIP FREE. those ETC tokens that the Foundation received should have been IMMEDIATELY and PUBLICLY sent to burn addresses instead of using the situation to enrich themselves. i do hope that there are criminal investigations into the situation.

i personally believe in the statements regarding the sacrosanct condition of the code, and that the blockchain should not be forked to preserve the funds of developers who built the flawed system that was exploited. even to the DAO investors who would lose funds because of the problem, they jumped in without due dilligence, and while this may have been done (investing in the DAO) on the thumbs up regarding code review by the foundation, its still an investment and thus comes with ingerent risk. and when a system fails and stocks collapse because of it, there shouldnt be a bailout. EVER.

i do know that an investigation has been launched regarding Ethereum antitrust and price-fixing. money has been made by foundation members by dumping ETC onto the market, "free money" as they put it, and it was done to ensure that the value of ETC diminished in order to raise their own valuation for ETH. its gonna get ugly, and in the end.. both ETH and ETC communities will suffer for it.

one thing this situation with ETH /ETC has shown is how important community is, and that is what SOIL has had strongly ever since our launch. this situation legitimizes the need for "small focus" blockchains that will serve specific industries. a clear message of VERIFIABLE CHANGELESSNESS of the blockchain needs to be made a strong and central part of the message.

all that being said... ive had an insanely busy week with my real-world job, and hopefully clients will be fewer this week so i can finish what i was doing for SOIL. theres been a lot of reorganization thats needed to be done, and ive got a new server up and running, hopefully wil have our network intelligence back up by tonite. ive rebuilt the website, and am just doing final edits and should have that back up and running within the day as well. i will be revamping our social media presences as well, and will get those slack invites out this afternoon.

SOILcoin needs to be restructured, community wise, and we will be facing a fork of our own sooner than later to bring our protocols up to homestead releases on ETH/ETC. with peters departure, many of the funds in the community reserves were lost and this also may need to be restructured, and ive been looking at how we might use contracts to facilitate the flow of these reserves, with multi-sig wallets etc. so, while we begin to loook at a revamping of the SOILcoin infrastructure, and weighing against the experiences of Ethereum these past few months, id like to ask what sort of changes... to the protocol (blocktimes, rewards, etc)... to the SOILcoin "council" and security for community held reserves... that the community itself would like to see.

we've been under the radar for much of our existence, but with the changes that have occurred in the greater crypto ecosystem, i think we need to come out from under cover and present a viable and IMMUTABLE blockchain alternative to the politics and one-upmanship involved between ETH and ETC.
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
Also ... I invite you, abvhiael, to try it out.

Thanks.
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
Smart Contract : WeatherForecastAtLocation
Autoupdating worked. 3rd tester: You?

... Let us see if the new oracle autoupdate is going to refresh your location ~24hours after the last update. Should be ~tomorrow morning.
It worked, and seemingly without any problems.

Look at http://weathercontract.hopto.org/oracle/
Testers wanted, for new Smart Contract
1500 SOIL total for the first 3 people to fully try out the quickstart:
                  700 SOIL for the 1st to finish
                  500 SOIL for the 2nd to finish
                  300 SOIL for the 3rd to finish

So ... who is next? Learn to work with a novel smart contract, following a good instructions manual (first 2 testers were both happy).

Start with the quickstart, or for the more experienced (or in a hurry), with the  hyperquickstart.

legendary
Activity: 1393
Great to see you back...

Also, possible to get invite to slack?

send me your email address and ill send an invite. ill be trying to keep a slack instance open on my computer and to maintain availability when im around
Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
Great to know you are back!

Would be great to if you could frame the endeavour into some sort of a roadmap to know what is coming up Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: