Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 48. (Read 237604 times)

Activity: 722
Merit: 501
I have finally gotten back online! Ive taken the last few days, catching up on the news around the cryptocurrency world, and having to work a "day job" to bring in money to get this household running smoothly. The day job is doing tattoos so its not too bad> Anyhow, in the next couple of days, ill get the website, network intelligence, et al, back up and running. I truly apologize for the length of my absence, I had hoped to be back online within a week of moving but household finances were nearly annihilated during the move and our service providers here in canada are pretty costly, not to mention between $200-400 in requested deposits before service. Ive not been lax, and have been doing a lot of research during my down time, and have some great ideas for ismple (and scalable) contracts for starting to provide service to our core target industries. I hope to have the SOILcoin ecosystem back up and running smoothly again within a week. Thank you all for your patience, its been a nightmare trying to get thru last month, but I have renewed vigor to get back at things and really make a difference in this world using SOIL resident contracts. I have a TN of emails to answer, so if those whove written dont hear back from me immediately now that Im back online, I promise that Ill answer everyone within the next few days. 
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

Also see

It can become one doubleclick, no more manually adding nodes.

I noticed peers aint saved. Its also hard to believe that so few wallets are running.
I got 2 connections from all the addnodes.
Activity: 95
Merit: 11

Also see

It can become one doubleclick, no more manually adding nodes.

Im having problems getting nodes.

Any updated list? (already tried the ones in OP)

You can try this one or Andreas' script.

Thanks. Andreas script had 2 new ones.. synching now Cheesy

edit:
Wow, this synched fast..already got 600 000 blocks Shocked

Also, possible to get invite to slack?
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation

You can try this one or Andreas' script.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 574
welcome back. Wonder if u can fix the pool and the explorer Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
I'll have internet hooked up again. Finally! On Friday, and will be back hard at work on SOIL this weekend. Than you all for your patience. Can't wait to get stuff done again. It's been a lonnnnng month.

LoL, Great! Looking forward to hear from you soon! Smiley
sounds good....Thanks..
legendary
Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001
Epic Private Internet Cash
I'll have internet hooked up again. Finally! On Friday, and will be back hard at work on SOIL this weekend. Than you all for your patience. Can't wait to get stuff done again. It's been a lonnnnng month.

LoL, Great! Looking forward to hear from you soon! Smiley
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
Activity: 658
Does anyone have a way to get in touch with abvhiael ?

I sent a pm a week ago and cannot find an email address... I need to speak to him pretty quickly.

Cheers.
Thank you very much, ralfs.

293.11 Kelvin minus 272.15 = 20,96 degrees Celsius in Amsterdam, that's correct.
Very good. It is actually -273.15 Kelvin --> Celsius.

All depends on openweathermap's forecast quality. And weather might always turn out differently.

Nice contract Andreas!
Thanks.

Let us see if the new oracle autoupdate is going to refresh your location ~24hours after the last update. Should be ~tomorrow morning.

For my first test location, it has actually just done it, very nice. You can see that here: http://weathercontract.hopto.org/oracle/
Testers wanted, for new Smart Contract
1500 SOIL total for the first 3 people to fully try out the quickstart:
                  700 SOIL for the 1st to finish
                  500 SOIL for the 2nd to finish
                  300 SOIL for the 3rd to finish

So ... who is next?

Can i just shoot in how much i enjoy this thread.

Of the tons of threads im watching, this one is a gazillion times more tech heavy and geeky.
Also seemingly a kid-free zone.

While most threads are basicly:

"%mycoin% TO THE MOON!!11 +silly image + 5 smileys"

SOIL thread is like :
var _remindernote = "Hello!";
var reminderContract = web3.eth.contract([{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"remindme","outputs":[{"name":"","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"inputs":[{"name":"_remindernote","type":"string"}],"type":"constructor"}]);
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
293.11 Kelvin minus 272.15 = 20,96 degrees Celsius in Amsterdam, that's correct.

Nice contract Andreas!
legendary
no degradation
Btw. how can I check the balance for my location?
Code:
W.user_getLocationBalance()
Shows 0, but there should be a balance since I've topped up the location.

city="q=Nanjing,China"
    WEATHER.user_getLocationBalance(city)
    fromWei(WEATHER.user_getLocationBalance(city))

Thank you, this did the trick. Just tested with your new contract v0.5.9, working as expected. Smiley
post 7

Smart Contract: WeatherForecastAtLocation
New contract v0.5.9 deployed

There was the need to deploy a new contract because:

The oracle is now checking (every 15 minutes) if there is an > 24 hours not updated location
(with money balance left) - and auto-updates those locations with fresh weather data.

BUT locations with weather error would have been queried every day, and never stopping,
because the oracle was not rewarded for updating with "weather error" message, and so
the balance was not decreased, and never depleted.

The new contract is fixing that, by rewarding the oracle for the "weather error" message,
so after some days, the location with "weather error" will be on balance zero - and be forgotten.

The good news:
                         The oracle is now auto-updating each location with positive balance.
                         About 24 hours after the last update, all its forecasts are updated with
                         new forecasts, until the balance of that location is depleted.

New contract deployed: Transaction in block 915500  with 43.573% of gas limit.

New contract is at address 0x0c5c4bc449808eee712b1d0858e2b12e71410c8e

Update your contract.js by downloading zip again, overwriting the old one, or:
Code:
cd weathercontract_user
git pull

Please keep on testing!
Code:

city="q=Nanjing,China"
    WEATHER.user_getLocationBalance(city)
    fromWei(WEATHER.user_getLocationBalance(city))

@all
Try Andreas' project, it's educational and fun. Smiley
Yes, go for it!

legendary
no degradation
The Oracle was close with 302.96 Kelvin, I think we have had ~ 304 today. Cool

I have sent you the 700 SOIL to your address.
My wallet received the reward, thank you very much!

Would you recommend it to others? Then perhaps tweet about it.
Unfortunately, I'm a bit old school in this regard. Guess this forum is my main 'social media'. However, if someone will ask me about smart contracts IRL, I will share my first experices with your Oracle. Smiley

That is great. Let us all become makers. Tell us when your the first ideas for novel smart contracts come up in you.
Will for sure tinker with SOIL in case something comes to mind that could utilize a smart contract.

Code:

@all
Try Andreas' project, it's educational and fun. Smiley

And useful, 'just' 297.607 Kelvin tomorrow, looking forward to cooling down.
Pages:
Jump to: