Author

Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing - page 214. (Read 444821 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Long term hodler
November 15, 2017, 02:30:57 AM
When this coin hits bittrex it will moon lolxd
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 14, 2017, 09:23:56 PM
 When sonm goes to BITTREX, POLONIEX AND CRYPTOPIA?
Activity: 504
Merit: 128
November 14, 2017, 07:21:04 PM
Absolutely, this is an incredibly big deal that will help SONM achieve its true potential.

A few people made a few skeptical posts because of SONM activity in early days, looking at the activity of the team, their roadmap and the fact that they consitently deliver what they said they will I am confident that this project will moon in the coming years.

Proud to be a early bagholder of SONM. Anyone reading this in 2020 - you lost out big time Wink
yeah! its very good i filled my bag too with sonm tokens and not going to sell until 2020
i will try to buy more and more when i get some BTC
i think that in the end of 2018 sonm will be a very good and big token in the market because sonm team is working hard on this project
sonm price is rising day by day and i hope soon its price value will be more then 1$
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!
November 14, 2017, 07:12:53 PM

Super wonderful news, Golem is in problems. We need more good news like this one, SONM to the moon! SONM at 1$ is closer and closer.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
November 14, 2017, 06:10:58 PM
Absolutely, this is an incredibly big deal that will help SONM achieve its true potential.

A few people made a few skeptical posts because of SONM activity in early days, looking at the activity of the team, their roadmap and the fact that they consitently deliver what they said they will I am confident that this project will moon in the coming years.

Proud to be a early bagholder of SONM. Anyone reading this in 2020 - you lost out big time Wink
Nope, early adopter myself. Doubt I'll read this exact post ever again though. Wink
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
November 14, 2017, 05:35:43 PM

Activity: 29
November 14, 2017, 05:13:57 PM
Agree. No doubts, SONM team know, what need to be done.
Activity: 56
November 14, 2017, 04:17:28 PM
Yes, Storj partnership is a big deal!
Activity: 32
November 14, 2017, 03:41:24 PM
SONM Announces Partnership with Decentralized Cloud Storage Service STORJ

As was mentioned in the updated version of the roadmap, the SONM infrastructure requires something called “object storage.”
Recently, the development team determined that STORJ, the decentralized object storage platform, will serve this purpose nicely,
and meets all the requirements to be integrated into SONM. This week, the teams at SONM and STORJ signed a technical agreement,
and both teams are ready to announce their strategic cooperation. This partnership will enable workers and end-buyers to interact
and share files directly on the SONM platform. Together, SONM and STORJ are set to deliver to the community a groundbreaking new
type of decentralized, peer-to-peer, service.

https://blog.sonm.io/sonm-announces-partnership-with-decentralized-cloud-storage-service-storj-211b6402e812

https://i.imgur.com/HKTq4ZY.png?1

WOW I LIKE IT
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
November 14, 2017, 01:18:18 PM
SONM Announces Partnership with Decentralized Cloud Storage Service STORJ

As was mentioned in the updated version of the roadmap, the SONM infrastructure requires something called “object storage.”
Recently, the development team determined that STORJ, the decentralized object storage platform, will serve this purpose nicely,
and meets all the requirements to be integrated into SONM. This week, the teams at SONM and STORJ signed a technical agreement,
and both teams are ready to announce their strategic cooperation. This partnership will enable workers and end-buyers to interact
and share files directly on the SONM platform. Together, SONM and STORJ are set to deliver to the community a groundbreaking new
type of decentralized, peer-to-peer, service.

https://blog.sonm.io/sonm-announces-partnership-with-decentralized-cloud-storage-service-storj-211b6402e812

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
November 14, 2017, 01:16:12 PM
When is going to be buying and selling on trades? Dudes, and what is ico total account lastly? and ICO cost?

I beleive ICO price was .08 or so. I bought a bunch more when it droped to .03
I have been accumulating, buying a little more in every dip. I think it will pay big in the future, it is just a matter of time, this project have an outstanding team and they will deliver
Activity: 518
Merit: 261
November 14, 2017, 01:06:06 PM
lol , the side by side comparison was created by a kid or dog Huh
Both, a puppy.

right, no argumentations, no idea, only fanboys .. sad for SONM project, bad community, bad dev ( check the reddit pics in the ICO ending )  = success in the futur
November 14, 2017, 09:07:52 AM
Both, a puppy.
Activity: 518
Merit: 261
November 14, 2017, 08:58:27 AM
November 14, 2017, 06:24:56 AM
Look like sonm have better future then golem!? But both project are slow and price not rise at all...
There is no reason for the price to rise right now. It could rise, but that doesn't mean that it will anytime soon. There's still no product out after all, which is what will be creating revenue for SONM.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
November 14, 2017, 06:18:37 AM
All these all long termed investment plans and must have little little of all these is wise move by anyone. This is future of computing services and these will be giant in this space of services that's why I will not undermine any of these but will make reasonable balance among these tokens.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
November 14, 2017, 05:26:15 AM
Thanks for the side by side comparison of Sonm, Golem, iex
Sonm having upper hand in terms of features, market cap and delivery time
what about supply comparison?

The comparison chart was an older one and just rebranded with product date and some images.SONM seems to have an upper hand in launching the first version very soon while rest are still in the planning stage.Whats with the bar/chocolates used for SONM/GNT/IEX? I need to understand a bit on this.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Long term hodler
November 14, 2017, 04:56:20 AM
I have no opportunity to scroll all the 300+ pages, but I'm interested in long-term investing in this project, but I haven't found what are the risks of this project if we take current situation with altcoins and knowing the competitors?

Also, I didn't find the profitability of the mining for SONM compared to mining ETH for example. Is there any calculator or table?

A quarter of my portfolio is Sonm right now. I would scroll through some of these pages - doesn't take too long. By checking out Sonm's videos on Youtube you can see the developers and their road map.

Basically there are 3 companies now offering "fog" computing. 1-Elastic     2-Golem     3-Sonm
none of which have a working platform at the moment. The risks are Sonm may not make a working platform and another company does or nobody gets Fog computing to work.

You can't mine of contribute to the Sonm network just yet. They had an alfa release which I downloaded on GitHub. I installed a free virtual computer and downloaded docker. I couldn't get it to work or find much help. But they are working on releasing a more user friendly version.

As far as future price I believe the market needs to dictate that. What I mean is it needs to be profitable enough for miners and at the same time be affordable enough for users to purchase this service. Price too low miners will just mine crypto instead. Price too high people wont use it for long because they will find cheaper services. The idea behind this project is to cut into profits of large corporations who offer cloud computing products and rendering farms. Giving profits to miners instead and giving consumers cheaper options. Hopefully contributing to the Sonm network is 2X or 3X more profitable than mining ethereum or other GPU type coins. I believe there are tons on people with GPU mining rigs ready to jump on board and contribute. I do have one concern :

My concern is: This is running on the Ethereum blockchain. Will Ethereum be fast enough to handle Sonm? Maybe for rendering large files and hosting webpages it will be ok. But how about for video games which requires low ping rates where it needs to be quick, snappy, and responsive. Will etherium make is slow and not enjoyable? That's what I don't understand. If anyone has an answer to that please let me know.

Ethereum is not the only platform in the cryptoworld. They can use nem. Stratis,lisk maybe even better they have sidechains. So that wont be problem.
Jump to: