Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing - page 48. (Read 444796 times)

Activity: 762
Merit: 35
What are the minimum system requirements to run a worker?

CPU - which technologies it must support, how many cores minimum?
GPU - Minimum amount of VRAM needed, minimum GPU Gen family?
HDD - Minimum space/speed?
RAM - minimum amount?

Thanks!

Greetings!

You will need any Linux with 4 + kernel, hardware requirements for both mining, GPU 3G VRAM and above

Stay tuned
SONM team

Sorry, but the sentence above brings almost zero information.

Can you please be more thorough?
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
TACHAIN Entertainment and Transportation Synergy
In a few months I'll be taking a six month trip, I'm gonna install sonm on both my laptops and let my roommate run the application, hopefully I'll come back to see a few K sonm on my account.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
The World’s First Blockchain Core
It seems that projects competing in decentralized cloud/FOG computing are started to be short listed. SONM has come on the surface as most advanced and developed with practical solutions so far. This lead will keep it on dominance position in future seeing the mind blowing work being done and introduced by this team of genius developers. What deserve appreciation for their work done so far.

I'm very impressive with this SONM platfrom and perhaps It will become an outstanding one for all users around the world and many people will use this platform connected together . It's very useful for all computing equipments .
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
It seems that projects competing in decentralized cloud/FOG computing are started to be short listed. SONM has come on the surface as most advanced and developed with practical solutions so far. This lead will keep it on dominance position in future seeing the mind blowing work being done and introduced by this team of genius developers. What deserve appreciation for their work done so far.
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
Translated from russian chat.
Alexey Krotov(sonm staff)
Today we are running another task using SONM. Neural network(in other words Artificial Intelligence). To solve this task we connected 17 rigs. This means that solving this task is expected to take 15 days. AND this is only 2% of the next task.

Looks like SONM really had been able to attract a real customers. Next time will require 850 rigs to solve only one task.
That's HUGE!
Activity: 283
Merit: 12

RAM - minimum amount?

Thanks!

Greetings!

You will need any Linux with 4 + kernel, hardware requirements for both mining, GPU 3G VRAM and above

Stay tuned
SONM team
Activity: 687
Merit: 301
SONM is one of the projects I like the most. It is clear to everyone the team works hard and they even managed to deliver before deadlines which in crypto is a feat itself. Another thing I like is the community, barely do we see any fudders because there is nothing to fud about. Everyone is just patiently waiting for the next release of SONM. Keep up the good work Grin
Buying SONM now is good because the token has gradually fallen to its current extremely low prices.
It's hard to determine and say where are bottoms, but it seems that SONM has been almost at its bottom.  Grin
So, in a word, you have made good decision.

I have not posted in this thread for a very longtime, but actually I am an ICO investor lol. Have been adding to my SONM stack since it became trade able on exchanges.

But I agree the current price is a great moment to enter SONM. But it's still possible this is not the bottom. Getting in on the bottom is very difficult you have to be very skilled or lucky to be able to buy the bottom. Furthermore SONM does not guarantee you quick returns, it's a good long term investment in my opinion.
Activity: 396
Merit: 101
Jo Stichbury explains how to make passive income by leasing out your computer's idle time. Check the new article at @Hackernoon! Do you have any question about Sonm? Share it in the comments section and we'll be glad to answer them.

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

RAM - minimum amount?

Thanks!
Activity: 147
SONM is one of the projects I like the most. It is clear to everyone the team works hard and they even managed to deliver before deadlines which in crypto is a feat itself. Another thing I like is the community, barely do we see any fudders because there is nothing to fud about. Everyone is just patiently waiting for the next release of SONM. Keep up the good work Grin
Buying SONM now is good because the token has gradually fallen to its current extremely low prices.
It's hard to determine and say where are bottoms, but it seems that SONM has been almost at its bottom.  Grin
So, in a word, you have made good decision.
Activity: 687
Merit: 301
Activity: 196
TACHAIN Entertainment and Transportation Synergy
SONM started to get mentioned and recommended based on the hard work team did and turned what was seeming impossible into possible. This is called performance where your work becomes your introductions and you don't of words anymore. SNM token now in real sense is most undervalued token in market.

completely agree. Not only did they make a product thats really far ahead of its time, they also ensured its so damn easy to use and make money from.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
SONM started to get mentioned and recommended based on the hard work team did and turned what was seeming impossible into possible. This is called performance where your work becomes your introductions and you don't of words anymore. SNM token now in real sense is most undervalued token in market.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
Sonm OS is here! The simplest and most effective tool to help suppliers of resources start selling them on the Sonm marketplace. Read more in our blog and tag your peer miner in the comments! Twitter.

https://sonm.com/blog/sonm-os/

It's worth to keep faith in this tech this is groundbreaking no doubt dev team is dedicated to this project and putting all their best to make it leading tech in the market. This is informative blog with full details how to use this and take benefits from it. I see this project will get succeed to make its place in top class projects.
Sonm OS is here! The simplest and most effective tool to help suppliers of resources start selling them on the Sonm marketplace. Read more in our blog and tag your peer miner in the comments! Twitter.

New event added! Sonm will be presented at YouCon, one of the biggest independent Russian conferences for developers. @iolebedev will have a keynote speech at Saratov State Law Academy the next Sunday, October 13. If you're there, come to say hello!

Activity: 880
Merit: 251
Think differently
Very promising project, it is a pity that it is not in the top 100... I have invested for the long term, and I think this will be one of the first projects whose price will go up
Activity: 172
Merit: 0
Wow, awesome news  Cool
Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
Forwarding from russian chat:

Kate | SONM
Hi, everybody. I was thinking that we can answer the questions about our potential capacity.
We have agreements with 4 data centers with a total count of about 2500 GPUs. It seems to me that this power is rather significant. These DCs will be connected when this power is needed by customers. I suppose that in Q1 2019 their equipment will be connected to SONM on a permanent basis.
In the meantime, look at some interesting photos.

That's about 75000-100000Mh/s Shocked
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
As far as I know you can rent CPU power, GPU power and RAM usage. A profitability table would be really come in hand, especially if it's integrated into the SONMos
Pages:
Jump to: