Author

Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing - page 522. (Read 444839 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
So, we need another interesting token to invest Cheesy
Activity: 1652
Merit: 593
just look at team member ... you will find they all trusted member....
Activity: 56
why the fuck they don't even bother to come here and answer the questions?
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org

NO ESCROW ??  NO SAFETY ? invest at your own RISK !!!!
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
There are too many red flags for this ICO. Available interviews on youtube with the Founders / tech heads seem not very convincing and rather unprofessional and unmotivated.
yes, I might just choose not to invest. Unprofessional!
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Rebel Salesman needs to come on and answer some serious questions.

lol , you need the robber to convince you to give him your money  Grin Grin Grin Huh come one, the last good projects were Golem and Iexec

Want to see how they got to this stage.
Activity: 18
I really hope Sonm fails, so future projects will realize they need to be professional
Activity: 518
Merit: 261

lol , you need the robber to convince you to give him your money  Grin Grin Grin Huh come one, the last good projects were Golem and Iexec

Activity: 392
Activity: 22
There are too many red flags for this ICO. Available interviews on youtube with the Founders / tech heads seem not very convincing and rather unprofessional and unmotivated.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
I was going to participate with 50 of my precious ETH. Since SebastinJu is not escrowing anyomore, I will not participate.

I guess I'll do the same...
Yes the missing communication and dropped escrow is starting to look really bad. We really need a good explanation from the devs if they want our ETH. Sadly the FOMO will likely take over anyway.

If the lack of communication makes me uncomfortable about the ICO, the lack of escrow makes me give up my participation.
There are also a lot of other good potential project.

This project was with a lot of problems at the very beginning when a previous team member was fired.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
they will lose in both scenarios - getting the previous escrow back to work or assigning their own people. well, its okay, there are loads of other icos
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Semux!
really! It's like 4:30 till the ICO start and they published the smart contract that excluded escrow  Shocked

I don't think it's a coincidence, it more looks like a trap!
Activity: 259
yeah, that is really weird. Smells fishy, huh?
what your thoughts folks?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I was going to participate with 50 of my precious ETH. Since SebastinJu is not escrowing anyomore, I will not participate.

Yes the missing communication and dropped escrow is starting to look really bad. We really need a good explanation from the devs if they want our ETH. Sadly the FOMO will likely take over anyway.
Activity: 518
Merit: 261
this ico is a total joke, i was really interested and happy about funding this project, but now it seems thats is another scam ... please users, use your brain, check that last fact about the escrow, check that the dev are not giving any news since many days, check that the ico is coming in the next 6 hours and there is still not details about it, event the ETH adress is not here... check also that there is no news about the project itself, no github update, no slack answer ... Even the escrow cant get an answer while its a critical task ...

Use your brain, and keep your eth from sonm..
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Activity: 432
Bitrated user: Foex.
Activity: 170
Semux!
Well, that's unfortunate and certainly an unprofessional way to deal with it... add the lack of information till the last minute and there really is a lot to be concerned about but the most people will agree that it's still an attractive ICO.

To compensate that, we actually have the smart contract published: https://github.com/sonm-io/ico-contracts/blob/master/contracts/ICO.sol

Has anyone with some solidity knowledge looked at it? Does it appear watertight? After all, that's the beauty of the Ethereum platform, the smart contract is there for all to see even if the team doesn't provide any comments at present.

Another question I'm pondering is how would investing with bitcoin work. If it's an Ethereum smart contract then how does that get triggered by a BTC transaction? Does it get converted automatically or something? This would imply that we're better of buying ETH at better rates than whatever the rate is at the moment of the transaction.

If it's ETH ICO, you normally buy ETH on exchanges and withdraw them to your wallet (I prefer mist, takes some time to sync with the network) and just send ETH to smart contract address!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
Hello everyone, SebastianJu here, official escrow of SONM. Normally I would have written something already days ago about how things will move and would have given more details. Unfortunately I lost contact with everyone from SONM some time ago. I requested to speak about and check the new contracts some time already and was told it will happen before the ICO.

Well, I often tried to get in contact the last days also, sent pm's on bitcointalk as well as email and dm's on slack to rebel.salesman, who normally is my contact, alexey and sergey. I was ignored except finally sergey answered me with the actual link to the ico contract on github. I checked and found it a bit strange to read nothing about anything pointing to the use of an escrow.

So I used a channel with sergey and rebel.salesman on slack and wanted things to clear. Time already was pretty far by that point because no one bothered to speak with me:

@channel it looks to me like there is no escrow involved anymore in the ico contract. I would appreciate to hear something else but the code leaves a different impression. Also you did not communicate with me at all about the ico even though I was told we would speak upfront about it. I tried to get in contact all the last days. Time is forward way too far now so it does not sound believable to happen. Also having too much work to do is not believable since the seamless work of the escrow part is fundamental for the safety of the ICO into both directions.
I do not know what happened. Maybe you would have wished to renegotiate the escrow fee. You did not try that at all. Maybe you wanted more safety... in that case I would have been able to bring in one or two other trustworthy escrows and create a 3 of 5 multisig. but no communication happened.
Guys, I will go to bed now. Please answer me in a proper way so that it looks like you take this serious. I hope this can be cleared earlier than 6 hours before the ICO starts.
I really hope you can tell me I interpreted everything wrongly.

Well, 2 hours earlier rebel.salesman answered me with this:

"Sebastian, hi, sorry for delayed response - lots of work to do at the moment.

We are going to use ICO smart contract with multisignature as the escrow. Multisignature will be held by Sergey Ponomarev, Alexey Antonov, and SONM advisers.

I'm really sorry we didn't contact you earlier to discuss it.
Lots of work is not an excuse, we should tell you about it before.

Anyway, it's pleasure to have business with you. Thank you for your help and your time during the preICO!"

So the ICO is NOT escrowed anymore. The invested funds will be held by the SONM team totally. I can not provide any safety from now on and I need to take my name from the safety sign of the SONM ICO. Just to make clear that I will have no access nor control about invested funds.

Not sure what to say about that behavior. I believe nobody would have contacted me without me pressuring that way. People would have invested believing I hold the funds in escrow. Which is not the case.

Nobody contacted me about negotiating something upfront, telling me about a change or tried changing something in the deal for the ICO.

So that's what I unfortunately only found out by putting pressure on the topic.

So again... this ICO is not escrowed anymore. Funds will be hold and controlled by SONM totally from the start.

Do you still own the pre-ico funds ?
Jump to: