Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap | - page 10. (Read 108569 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Wallet is off the PoW atm. at block 14448 of the, i'd say (till anything else is reported) 'main' fork for the last days.
thats a few blocks over and wallet has started staking as on schedule, so net is at least working.

I'll try to get some intel over the next couple hours, but am due with my real live schedule so need to let things go their way anyway now...

there should be at lest some response, maybe a set of possible options till tomorrow...

as soon as I get aware of anything new, I'll drop it in here asap.

when it's time to say, ok... a takeover could be actually made,
there's time to get onto a separate thread...

dev at least doesn't seem destructive and who knows... maybe he's even showing up some time Cheesy

...lost in the bct triangle.

so, don't get angry, stay cool...

best thing to happen is getting the train back on rails, so put that in mind.

cheers Smiley
you are funny withdraw where nothing works

some have synched up wallets...

OK Folks... settle down.

ALL of you mining for the last few days KNEW that this is highly speculative to say the least.

ther last... like ~20 percent of coins should be distributed... maybe to a little less folks than it would have if everything went straight.
guess it's around 1/3rd to 1/5th ... fair enough for the stakes

and I guess some rigs even have been rented cos of lo div, so assuming that someone forking off money is as well interrested to sell and get a good price...

if this runs - with some decent amount of luck - smoothly and all turns out to work as expected, this coin might actually get it's old price and hopefuly even survive the dumps. and it's clear they will come anyway, thats no point of speculation... but they can turn out to be disastrous or organic. that makes a lot of difference for
ALL of the community Wink

if any of you end up with your windows-qt client crashing every time shortly after start, just to remember:

pull the network cable -> start client -> wait on UI finally popping up ->now connect back -> don't touch the 'market' buttons (or start with point 1)

OK Folks... settle down.

ALL of you mining for the last few days KNEW that this is highly speculative to say the least.

the last... like ~20 percent of coins should be distributed... maybe to a little less folks than it would have if everything went straight.
guess it's around 1/3rd to 1/5th ... fair enough for the stakes

and I guess some rigs even have been rented cos of lo div, so assuming that someone forking off money is as well interrested to sell and get a good price...

if this runs - with some decent amount of luck - smoothly and all turns out to work as expected, this coin might actually get it's old price and hopefuly even survive the dumps. the will come anyway, thats no point of speculation... but they can turn out to be disastrous or organic. that makes a lot of difference for
ALL of the community Wink

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
ya i have now a synced wallet too^^
there is no hope for this coin continued to be traded? Angry

this is up to evaluation...
got in touch with bitrex to get some info in terms of getting a picture of the situation
maybe suggestions on how to deal with that...
just to see, what are the chances to set things straight and eventually perform a clean takeover...

atm. the best is to assume that in a few blocks this thing is on halt for the moment
but there was still workers till the end... so, all POW is distibuted within the hour and
there should be some folks that made a good purse...
...i assume, there is a certain interrest in resolving the issues and getting the trading
platforms to go smoothly after some time.

don't expect this to happen within the next at least few days because

step 1: evaluation if theres a way to fix the issues with the markets
if so
step 2a: trying by what means necessary and available to get things straight with markets.
while
step 2b: getting asap a core developer who want to commit to the project for at least a medium timespan
            or till someone else with the necessary experience to act as a developer has been found.
step 3: providing new logistics 1st (repo, new wallets, block explorer... best would be 3rd party on that.)
step 4: when there is at least a foundation to stabilize that coin that way, it's transparent that it will be
          smothly continued without becomming a megadump wasteland scenario like extra sale at the
          local outlet... just imagine lady bags or shoes... (this must be avoided by all means possible. not a nice thing to see... or even beeing an attendant -.- )
         uh, so if at least someone with some serious commitment and the necessary skills and experience
         is available, thus there's hope to make it something with a future beyond the first panicsell,
         at that moment I'm sure there will be a market that is willing to take the action, and the fees Wink
         to open up for trading.

first action has been taken... the PoW went off anyway while I was writing this
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
It's close to 300 blocks to end the POW, it is suprising that the network has been close to 1.5-3 gh/s the whole time while the dev was gone and the fork appeared, but yea a community takeover should happen if there's no news 48 hours after POW end

EDIT: POW has ended, transition to POS was smooth, now we see if Dev shows up or a community takeover happens in the next couple of days

I've shut the Suprnova stratum. Please be so kind and withdraw your funds from the pool.

thx
Activity: 104
there is no hope for this coin continued to be traded? Angry
Activity: 80
It's close to 300 blocks to end the POW, it is suprising that the network has been close to 1.5-3 gh/s the whole time while the dev was gone and the fork appeared, but yea a community takeover should happen if there's no news 48 hours after POW end

EDIT: POW has ended, transition to POS was smooth, now we see if Dev shows up or a community takeover happens in the next couple of days

OK, i made an approach to get an overview on how the situation develops, it's current state, things to do, etc.

I assume, dev isn't in the process of preparing for his big jack-in-a-box performance so there will be soon some decisions to be made, that will determine where this thing is going... or if it's simply going into the annals.

due to the fact of the stalled markets, there's indeed a certain pressure to find a solution...
no need to say, that a solution won't wait for long to follow if no action is taken, but that solution also renders all purses rather worthless.

so, if anyone has some ideas - if still interrested in keeping this alive at all - go forth and speak out.
actually ANY opinion (statements would be great, 'you fools suck' is recognised. no need to post it again and again Wink )

this is the perfect dev who run after any problem. Dont mine any newb coin dev

90% of the time, he just made a nice graphic and nice wallet but dont have any skill to fix any problem (like this fork)

Why people get excited for nice graphic. Crypto != graphic and wallet

...humans are especially prone to manipulation and trickery without beeing able to use all their natural senses (no way to do so over the internet)... hehe, just edited some lines to my prev. post on that topic Cheesy...
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
this is the perfect dev who run after any problem. Dont mine any newb coin dev

90% of the time, he just made a nice graphic and nice wallet but dont have any skill to fix any problem (like this fork)

Why people get excited for nice graphic. Crypto != graphic and wallet
Thx for your Help Smiley

ya welcome Smiley

---

...to get back to trust; that certain mentioned PoD, cryptoasian kindly provides - and to a given time helped improving trust, where trustless action isn't an option - was certainly a step into the right direction, yet you only need to take a look at the shadecoin thread (SPARK's... well... sort of predecessor) to make yourself an impression, that the idea also contains a major pitfall... it suggests way more trust than given at any moment.

there need to be easy, transparent ways for developers to prove, that they are real, located somewhere without the need to strip of their privacy or the like.
there of course must be a balance between personal privacy (if you wanna stay hidden and fully anonymous, you're not a contact person. period) and availability. if a developer shows commitment to his project, he as well commits part of it's time for service and maintainance of the project, he's taken the responsibility for.
at least one person should be there to get info who is, once committed to the project, in some form known and unhideable (to some extent of course). no way (nor any thought about) to enforce that even remotely, but there should be some stronger bond that encourages information transfer or gives a strong signal to the community for decision taking if they commit as well or wouldn't dare touch it with a 10ft pole. PoD showed, that it's more a tool for scammers than providing some protection against them. those with real commitment won't need that anyway, as they're in with a completely different set of motives than simply gaining profit by tricking the community...

this could be part of a next step in creating some trust where you don't get along without:
digital ID via blockchain technolgy ... PoE ...proof of existence:

now, watch how they create an ID ...fantastic idea Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAg6BITPdc

repo on the hub, and whtp. on google docs:
https://github.com/MrChrisJ/World-Citizenship
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hq52GT0sQ8mJBZ3_qr-LIpZTBFqIDA2WV8vb_1m8i4U

in general, as blurbed some posts earlier, RESPONSIBILITY is all with the community member, each on it's own... but as we're all humans (I assume), we're all following the same patterns.
mankind is doing a hard but amazingly good job (taken the difficulty of that challenge) in adapting those psychic patterns to something they're never intended to work with while developing over the millenia of human history... the internet.
of course we fail quite often, as you're by nature stuffed with flaws when trying to adapt, while the necessary information that let us judge are so prone to clever manipulation that - in a profit oriented global society - those flaws WILL be used against each other, and that's far beyond any point of speculation.

so, this is where some more attention needs to be focused upon; we need more ways to get objective and trustless information that's practically impossible to forge, yet easy to check, to support what will never be completely adaptable to digital communication: our human senses.

can someone tell me why can people trade spark on bter.com
when there is a fork ?

it's inside the market, the wallets are only 'gateways'... those trading are the ones that managed to depo/withd. before the fork happenened. bter closed withdrawal and deposit. trading happens in their database Smiley
same went on on c-cex,
bittrex was the only one to disable the market as well.

...time for some cheapo sparkies... but who knows if you'll ever be able to withdraw them Cheesy
now, givent the facts atm. i'm surprised it's still at 26micro... buyers don't have a clue obviously
can someone tell me why can people trade spark on bter.com
when there is a fork ?
At what point do we decide to declare the original Dev MIA, fork off a new wallet and just make it a community coin? So far noone has posted any evidence of a cunning scam so as long as the bulk of coin owners (since I guess we'll stick with the now PoS phase blockchain fork) update to the forked wallet then its a takeover.

..good question, indeed.
well, if it turns out that this dev really stays lost after POW is done (ca. 600 blk to go... ~7-8h), I'd say that would be a crucial moment when decisions are due to be made, especially in relation to the fork, so someone needs to be there who could handle at least the upcoming phase of setting things straight with that mess.
so, at this point, the future (If any) of this coin depends on what happens with the exchanges. this is when one responsible person (usually the original dev) HAS to show up or it is overdue to be officially declared as: 'abandoned'. period.

... next question would be (as blocks should continue to be generated by pos), what's the status of the blockchain(s). my impression atm is, there's at least one wallet, that became hooked to the other branch while unfortunately having supposedly one of the most active transaction histories over that period of time, which is the bittrex wallet.
the status of those from b'ter and c-cex obviously needs to be clarified as well, as it's not yet clear if they went offline with their wallets just in case, or if they also hooked to the wrong*) blockchain.

and of course, there needs to be a final decision taken, which of the blockchain forks would be the least trouble to 'merge' the other to (howsoever) and will be the RIGHT chain. it's yet open to be determined but I got the impression, that suchpool, ipominer and last not least suprnova followed the original chain, while a part of the network to whatever reasons got lost and grabbed another chain (maybe ddos? network trouble + unluckily spread hashpower?).
my wallet, and most probably the one of the 8+ connections it gets, follow the 'dominant' chain as well.
I got connected not even once to the 'other' side of the fork plus no pool I know used that one, so I have no clue on how much of the powe ended at that side (maybe some larger solo's?) and for how long it has been followed along by whom...

might turn out to be not that much of trouble, but as well could, if pretty large amounts of coins have been generated on the 'wrong' fork from that time on (in theory ~4.000.000 spark on each side)...

I guess, some of the losses could be compensatet, some could be minimized (maybe market internal transactions are a bit easier to handle as only withdrawals and deposits use the actual blockchain to my knowing)... and it will turn out how these will be possibly funded.

now... lets hope in the first place, the original dev shows up, as he should be way better into the internals as someone taking over (any volunteers??)...
up to the moment, I don't have even a remote clue what on earth would make someone abandon his work at this point (ok, it's not a mans work of it's lifetime but certainly took some time and effort, even if built upon shade coin wallet) while neither any obvious profit could have been drawn from scamming, nor would it be extraordinary impossible to solve that forking problem... maybe he's fucked up about that fork or simply lost interest? maybe (in fact shit happens all the time) he actually has no clue due to other real world trouble keeping him busy? I don't know... time might tell.

... but one thing should be clear: if NOTHING happens within 24-48h after 14400, you can as well delete your wallet as SPARK will never hit some relevant marketplace again, ever.

*) what's 'wrong' or not, will be point of discussion at some later time. just for the sake of what fork of blockchain we're talking, I define the supposedly doninant branch (the one followed by ipo, suchpool and suprnova) as they have been running in perfect sync since then.

--

if, by some lucky strike of chance, all turns out to be resolved... a wallet, that doesn't jump the gun when network is active while starting it would be on my personal wishlist Cheesy
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
At what point do we decide to declare the original Dev MIA, fork off a new wallet and just make it a community coin? So far noone has posted any evidence of a cunning scam so as long as the bulk of coin owners (since I guess we'll stick with the now PoS phase blockchain fork) update to the forked wallet then its a takeover.
Disconnect from the internet, start your wallet and then (re)connect  to the internet.

it worked for me, it's syncing again.

whow, thanx for that one  Shocked  

that absolutely worked.

wallet is syncing (don't now if that still matters, though Wink )... receiving a bootload of transactions now...
and I would have about NEVER tried that on my own.
well, actually getting offline ...hm, thats is indeed an option I usually fade away pretty well Tongue

your're welcome Cheesy

and now a exchange where we can dump it, if that ever gonna happen soon.. Undecided

hehe, if that would happen (I guess it won't anyway) before there were a butload of clarifying
statements from our lost spark and certainly a propper solution how to deal with the fork, to
buid up some new trust in the future of that coin, than no one could stop people from
getting frantic and throwing those coins away like they were redhot coal gravel...

that would flatline the coin before any transactions from wallet to xchg became confirmed just once Cheesy

digital paperchase in a minefield, blindfolded of course...  

if dealt with the situation in a propper and sensitive way, it could more or less continue at around the 4k price
when it left the sacred halls of barter...

Pages:
Jump to: