Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap | - page 14. (Read 108569 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io
yup just cleared my roaming folder and the wallet rebuilt everything and synced to block #11847 on its own. i think we're back on track.

Not at all!

Windows wallet has no issue syncing to SuchPool/SuprNova/IpoMiner/minerpools. However, linux deamon does not do the same.

I spinned up another wallet and I end up on the other fork with a fresh sync.

Until this is checkpointed and fixed, it's not safe to mine or to move anything until we know which fork does the dev wants to resume on.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
yup just cleared my roaming folder and the wallet rebuilt everything and synced to block #11847 on its own. i think we're back on track.
legendary
Bitfarms.io
can i safely withdraw funds from suchpool now??

No, please don't move anything for now. We do not know yet which fork is the right one, all pools and exchanges are on standby waiting for the dev, you should wait too!
sorry i got it to sync at same as wallet from them 11813 as we speak

was that using the file i sent you or just from the official sparkcoin download?
Activity: 338
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
sorry i got it to sync at same as wallet from them 11813 as we speak
i think we on right block 10927

backup-pool.com

ok if that's the right block then where is the like 20gh of mining coming from on that chain? on a solo wallet? because i cant find that on any of the pools unless im missing something. that amount of hash will cause them to fork unto their own chain at low diff. which is what i think happened.

Activity: 338
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io/
i think we on right block 10927

backup-pool.com

Activity: 431
Merit: 250
can i safely withdraw funds from suchpool now??
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
Isn't the SuchPool, IPOminer, Suprnova, minerpools all on the right fork and only hashhot, trademybit, and bittrex on the wrong fork? Why is it a choice? All the hash and main pools are on the correct fork.

And if their was no 51% attempt or foul play, maybe dev could compensate hashhot or TMB with some of the premine to solve the issue.

There isn't a 'choice', it is impossible to sync to the 'IPOMiner/Suchpool/etc' fork without bootstrapping the blockchain. If you delete your data and resync you will never get to where those pools are, even if you add them as your only nodes and disallow any other connections.. because block 10042 fails proof-of-work verification. It is, by definition, invalid.

That doesn't mean the dev won't take that as the proper chain. It's up t the dev lately as to what fork is correct, but in all honesty this fork is completely invalid Wink

are transactions working on the other chain at all? we're talking a full day's transactions and mining on the dominant pools being reversed if we dont take up with the suchpool/nova blockchain. not sure i like the sound of that.

Yes, transactions are running -- and yes the sound invalidating what you call 'dominant' pools is bad, but there are others mining as well. If you do a full resync from scratch without using a bootstrap you'll never end up on the same chain as suchpool/suprnova/etc. I'm not trying to stir trouble at all, I'm just saying we need the dev to determine which one is correct and do so immediately ;(

Are you Sure suprnova is on the wrong chain? Just checked and I am on the same chain like the official pool...
Activity: 354
Merit: 254
Owner of MiningRigRentals
Isn't the SuchPool, IPOminer, Suprnova, minerpools all on the right fork and only hashhot, trademybit, and bittrex on the wrong fork? Why is it a choice? All the hash and main pools are on the correct fork.

And if their was no 51% attempt or foul play, maybe dev could compensate hashhot or TMB with some of the premine to solve the issue.

There isn't a 'choice', it is impossible to sync to the 'IPOMiner/Suchpool/etc' fork without bootstrapping the blockchain. If you delete your data and resync you will never get to where those pools are, even if you add them as your only nodes and disallow any other connections.. because block 10042 fails proof-of-work verification. It is, by definition, invalid.

That doesn't mean the dev won't take that as the proper chain. It's up t the dev lately as to what fork is correct, but in all honesty this fork is completely invalid Wink

are transactions working on the other chain at all? we're talking a full day's transactions and mining on the dominant pools being reversed if we dont take up with the suchpool/nova blockchain. not sure i like the sound of that.

Yes, transactions are running -- and yes the sound invalidating what you call 'dominant' pools is bad, but there are others mining as well. If you do a full resync from scratch without using a bootstrap you'll never end up on the same chain as suchpool/suprnova/etc. I'm not trying to stir trouble at all, I'm just saying we need the dev to determine which one is correct and do so immediately ;(

Activity: 354
Merit: 254
Owner of MiningRigRentals

i dont think anyone was on those pools actually. it was just mainly suchpool and nova that were running together with about 4gh+ of solo hash running besides the pools. the pool only had about 2gh between them when the fork occurred if i remember correctly. the rest was solo/p2p/m2p. i was actually searching for that extra hash but couldnt find it on any of the listed pools.

We had about 5gh when that happened on SuchPool itself, Ipominer had some hash too and Suprnova

how long ago was that? ive got the fork happening a bit over 24hrs ago and had reported to bittrex and bter.
legendary
Bitfarms.io

i dont think anyone was on those pools actually. it was just mainly suchpool and nova that were running together with about 4gh+ of solo hash running besides the pools. the pool only had about 2gh between them when the fork occurred if i remember correctly. the rest was solo/p2p/m2p. i was actually searching for that extra hash but couldnt find it on any of the listed pools.

We had about 5gh when that happened on SuchPool itself, Ipominer had some hash too and Suprnova

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

legendary
Bitfarms.io
Spark mining is now halted on SuchPool.

There seem to be two forks, and it seems that SuchPool, Ipominer and all other large pools were all on this one, while hashhot and a multipool (trademybit) and bittrex where on another one.

A fresh resync ends me up at "blocks" : 10041, therefore I am stopping mining as of right now until the dev comes in and assesses the situation.

The last 12+ hours of mining would be wasted if the 10041 happens to be the proper fork.

if ur stopping at block 10041 then it means ur on the wrong fork. network transactions work for everyone else on the right fork. did you try the link i uploaded? that should have you on the right fork.

Right now, The pool wallet is at block  11620. Minerpools SuchPool SuprNova and IPOMiner all seem onthe same block.

I spawned a new wallet on another server to compare and this one is at 10811,, in sync with Bittrex Hashhot and TMB.

Can the dev jump by in the channel and work with pools aswell?.. Would kinda be required right now.
Is Nova on correct fork? My payment to wallet works

i would think so, the bad fork will most likely have a high orphan rate. id say suchpool and nova are on the right fork. the pools on the wrong fork are reading a 236 diff.
Activity: 550
Is Nova on correct fork? My payment to wallet works
Spark mining is now halted on SuchPool.

There seem to be two forks, and it seems that SuchPool, Ipominer and all other large pools were all on this one, while hashhot and a multipool (trademybit) and bittrex where on another one.

A fresh resync ends me up at "blocks" : 10041, therefore I am stopping mining as of right now until the dev comes in and assesses the situation.

The last 12+ hours of mining would be wasted if the 10041 happens to be the proper fork.

if ur stopping at block 10041 then it means ur on the wrong fork. network transactions work for everyone else on the right fork. did you try the link i uploaded? that should have you on the right fork.
Pages:
Jump to: