Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap | - page 13. (Read 108569 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

dev was just in IRC earlier - he is working hard with exchanges to fix it. lets not all jump to conclusions

Good to know.  For those that don't visit the IRC, it would be nice if he could make an appearance here to shed some light on what he's found out and to let the masses know he's working and hasn't abandoned the coin.  Because I think most of us are leaning in the direction of abandonment.  Such is crypto.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
dev was just in IRC earlier - he is working hard with exchanges to fix it. lets not all jump to conclusions

thanks for the heads up m8 !

...dont wanna be in their shoes atm. by all means no fun thing to do on a monday mornin...

btw.
my wallet runs fine for 3 days straight without beeing offline and nicely moves along with the chain that's locked with suprnova, ipo and suchpool ('til the moment they put the pool on halt). internal block explorer & stats reflect their state as well and transactions also worked ('til lock on such'n'ipo) and still work on nova... at least this part of the network seems to continue without orphs (above normal) atm...
considering pool vs. net hashpower most of the miningpower now should concentrate on suprnova... however, we'll see what happens in maybe little more than half a day when the last POW block is due... howsoever, I'd bet my ass on to wathever the bittrex wallet will be syncing eventually, this will be the chain to cope with.

i doubt the dev is spending time trying to fix a corrupted chain. the silence suggests the dev isnt even working with the exchanges and they too are waiting for him. after this long in crypto it suggests he's abandoned the project. a fork doesnt take 3 days to fix.

At this point I'd probably agree, and anyone that has invested in SPARK is pretty much screwed.  Unless the Dev (who was extremely active prior to this event), comes in here to calm the masses.  But he's been silent this long, so I wouldn't hold your breath.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

...dont wanna be in their shoes atm. by all means no fun thing to do on a monday mornin...

btw.
my wallet runs fine for 3 days straight without beeing offline and nicely moves along with the chain that's locked with suprnova, ipo and suchpool ('til the moment they put the pool on halt). internal block explorer & stats reflect their state as well and transactions also worked ('til lock on such'n'ipo) and still work on nova... at least this part of the network seems to continue without orphs (above normal) atm...
considering pool vs. net hashpower most of the miningpower now should concentrate on suprnova... however, we'll see what happens in maybe little more than half a day when the last POW block is due... howsoever, I'd bet my ass on to wathever the bittrex wallet will be syncing eventually, this will be the chain to cope with.

i doubt the dev is spending time trying to fix a corrupted chain. the silence suggests the dev isnt even working with the exchanges and they too are waiting for him. after this long in crypto it suggests he's abandoned the project. a fork doesnt take 3 days to fix.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

btw.
Activity: 269
from what im seeing that chain is totally invalid. it is stuck on block 10935 and not moving with miners on hashot pool. it means that chain is dead and worthless. nova etc are on the healthy chain. its about time the dev gets his ass out of bed and makes a reply about this however and get it fixed.

edit: ok just notice it's moved up over block 11000

meh i think the coin is done. dev wont show to fix an issue as simple as a fork. casting in my chips elsewhere. glad i pulled all buy orders just moments before this crap happened.
Activity: 311
Yes, just go PoS. Screw the pools. Screw the miners.  We have a Fork! We just need Stake!

oh dear... please don't fork the stake as well Shocked

P.S. Ed, yes the cat could be alive or dead at any given time but if I just choose to leave that f*cker in the box and never let it out  I can be certain of the outcome and therefore controlling possibility.  muwahahaha
now, of course you could ...but that would extend the subject beyond the given reference frame thus determining the cats quantum state to collapse anyway. and, ok.. that cat, well... the whole story sort of went wild with time. yet I cannot understand why people are still so obsessed about my cat. there have been topics like the quantum harmonic oscilator beeing way more curious and dazzling than that cat. in fact this coherent state of superposition describing linear state like combinations of positions in atomic systems won't even remotely apply to macroscopic objects like fluffy... dah, forget about that mumbo jumbo.
... ok, now about that cat... however, I've got a good OR a bad message...   | (^.^)  > = 1/√2 | Cheesy  > +  1/√2 |  Cry  >

pondering about that, meseems that in some uncanny way this exactly describe the state, the spark-chain beyond 10043 holds right now
cutting pow has never resulted in any good for any coin. it messes up investment strategy for major players and the coin ends up dumped and abandoned regardless of technological enhancements. its a 10 day pow. let it run out. ppl dont like when you change the original plan under them. it counts as manual manipulation which is not very acceptable in crypto.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
... all pools and exchanges are on standby waiting for the dev ...

yet, for the keen and the dashing, there's still suprnova pool with some venturesome pitmen mincing the chain to whatever future there be...  Cool

--

and looking at it from a mere factual position, there are like 80% of the coins already mined when the fork happened, so it wouldn't necessarily hurt the coins position EVEN IF a decision like 'chop the chain, forget the rest and go start PoS at 10042' eventually pops up... actually this could even increase the coins value. hopefully this scenario won't take place as the distribution goes on. there's some risk of loosing some hours to a day or such of hashing power for the benefit of a noticeable diff drop for the last hours to the end... so, shouldn't be too far fetched to assume that at that point there's a good chance that this issue becomes fixed in the near future...

...enjoy the suspense as long as the most desired wallet is offline while everyone from the inside keeps beeing silent Wink

Yes, just go PoS. Screw the pools. Screw the miners.  We have a Fork! We just need Stake!

http://www.cantonfirstumc.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/steak-dinner.jpeg

P.S. Ed, yes the cat could be alive or dead at any given time but if I just choose to leave that f*cker in the box and never let it out  I can be certain of the outcome and therefore controlling possibility.  muwahahaha
Activity: 540
A dev post would be nice.
... all pools and exchanges are on standby waiting for the dev ...

yet, for the keen and the dashing, there's still suprnova pool with some venturesome pitmen mincing the chain to whatever future there be...  Cool

--

and looking at it from a mere factual position, there are like 80% of the coins already mined when the fork happened, so it wouldn't necessarily hurt the coins position EVEN IF a decision like 'chop the chain, forget the rest and go start PoS at 10042' eventually pops up... actually this could even increase the coins value. hopefully this scenario won't take place as the distribution goes on. there's some risk of loosing some hours to a day or such of hashing power for the benefit of a noticeable diff drop for the last hours to the end... so, shouldn't be too far fetched to assume that at that point there's a good chance that this issue becomes fixed in the near future...

...enjoy the suspense as long as the most desired wallet is offline while everyone from the inside keeps beeing silent Wink
...or maybe someone from bittrex could shed some light... who knows if they're simply on wait or actively into it. after several hours a slight statement from whichever side would be more than helpfull.

What do you want dev to say??

"Oh sorry guys, you all just got scammed" ?

btw. would be a pretty bad stupid scam to however provoke a blockchain fork with the effect of leaving the available exchange offline Grin
so this is more like the chain effect, or say the aftermath of a (ddos)attack...
...or simply unluckily distributed hashpower while having specific network problems.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
Not cool that dev has not posted here in 24 hours or been in his own irc channel.
Just saying dev, let people know what is going on.

Forks happen all the time. It is not necessarily a scam if dev shows up and takes action
to find a solution.
Activity: 83
Not cool that dev has not posted here in 24 hours or been in his own irc channel.

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
well, just a short statement from the dev about how things are working out or whatever would be indeed great...  though it's obviously save to assume he's got a good ride dealing with the real problem but watching this thread Cheesy
the crucial point however will be the status of the bittrex wallet... I guess, to whatever fork this bugger finaly leans toward, this will be the fork to go... Undecided

--

...especialy considering the blockchain (whichever) beeing less than 2000blks from end of POW, which should be set in about ~20-24h. that's about right in the middle of when the fork happens and the last POW block... so, only little time until end if not (oh perish that thought) a full rollback will be considered the solution.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
can i safely withdraw funds from suchpool now??

No, please don't move anything for now. We do not know yet which fork is the right one, all pools and exchanges are on standby waiting for the dev, you should wait too!

oke, thanks

Sorry if you already answered that, but... Has the started working on a solution? What does he say about it? will he be fixing it? how long will it take?

Thanks a lot.
Activity: 431
can i safely withdraw funds from suchpool now??

No, please don't move anything for now. We do not know yet which fork is the right one, all pools and exchanges are on standby waiting for the dev, you should wait too!

oke, thanks
yup just cleared my roaming folder and the wallet rebuilt everything and synced to block #11847 on its own. i think we're back on track.

Not at all!

Windows wallet has no issue syncing to SuchPool/SuprNova/IpoMiner/minerpools. However, linux deamon does not do the same.

I spinned up another wallet and I end up on the other fork with a fresh sync.

Until this is checkpointed and fixed, it's not safe to mine or to move anything until we know which fork does the dev wants to resume on.

weird. i dont even have a sparkcoin.conf file. totally fresh build synced right up.
Pages:
Jump to: