Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SPECTRECOIN | Anonymous Tx | Tor | Ring Signatures | Stealth - page 14. (Read 36046 times)

Activity: 876
Merit: 291
I noticed an installation of "mc" (midnight commander) in the documentation, and  I believe this is not a necessity for an installation of any wallet, and compromises my system. No, I do not use discord.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
I cannot run v3.0.8 twice on ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS. The first start is ok. After halting and restarting, it shows an error message: "Cannot obtain a lock on data directory /home/xspec/.spectrecoin. Spectrecoin is probably already running." (yes I waited long enough before the next start)

The behaviour is repeatable. And the operating system has to be rebootet (logoff is not enough), than I have another run, but only once again. I tried on a second system, same problem.

After halting the wallet, I have a shitload of 50 threads running further. The shitload of jobs seems to belong to the linux system itself, incredible.

Logout is not possible, or takes very long.

Spectrecoins Discord is probably the better place to ask. There is a dedicated wallet help support channel and the Linux dev as well.
Activity: 876
Merit: 291
I cannot run v3.0.8 twice on ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS. The first start is ok. After halting and restarting, it shows an error message: "Cannot obtain a lock on data directory /home/xspec/.spectrecoin. Spectrecoin is probably already running." (yes I waited long enough before the next start)

The behaviour is repeatable. And the operating system has to be rebootet (logoff is not enough), than I have another run, but only once again. I tried on a second system, same problem.

After halting the wallet, I have a shitload of 50 threads running further. The shitload of jobs seems to belong to the linux system itself, incredible.

Logout is not possible, or takes very long.
Activity: 26
I have already updated to v3 now.

When the fork happens in 2.5 weeks, we can start stealthstaking right away, but it is probably recommended to switch your coins to spectre after the fork for staking.

Why is it better to stake spectre after fork?
So i need to update my wallet before fork ? I have latest version not upgraded since few months

If you haven't upgraded in month, then you don't have the latest version...

https://news.spectreproject.io/spectrecoin-v3-x-upgrade-guide/

If you don't upgrade before the fork, then all transactions and stakes will be obsolete on the new v3 chain when the fork happens.
Activity: 123
So i need to update my wallet before fork ? I have latest version not upgraded since few months
Activity: 25
I have already updated to v3 now.

When the fork happens in 2.5 weeks, we can start stealthstaking right away, but it is probably recommended to switch your coins to spectre after the fork for staking.
Activity: 89
Merit: 50

A big step?

It is a big step forward for PoS coins, as we are the first to redesign the PoS protocol to use ring-signatures in the staking transactions, rather than then 'normal' UTXOs used by other PoS coins. Now, there are very few coins if any built around this code base in the first place, so we wouldn't expect to see many similar projects. Spectrecoin is now becoming a total privacy solution as long as you keep your balance in SPECTRE. Private transactions using ring-signatures, staking using ring-signatures, Tor hidden services nodes only and a lot of other bespoke algorithms dealing with splitting and consolidating anonymous outputs on the blockchain.

So, in fact, if you keep a balance of SPECTRE and run your wallet, you generate anonymous money on your computer or even a Raspberry Pi. Can I remind you that Spectrecoin has a very simple and ultra stable Raspberry Pi setup, just burn the image to an SD memory card and start generating anonymous money with very little energy use. It makes you wonder why anyone would invest and mine non-anonymous coins when you can easily set-and-forget a Spectrecoin Raspi staking box to generate an income.

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/download/3.0.8/Spectrecoin-3.0.8-69e1d6cd-RaspbianLight.zip

Anonymous staking, Tor hidden services, automatic wallet updates from the Raspberry Pi UI - thats innovation.

Get the new Spectrecoin v3 and see for yourself

https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/tag/3.0.8

A big step?

A massive yes!

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
SPECTRECOIN v3.x NEW RELEASE

The Spectrecoin Foundation is thrilled to present the release of Spectrecoin v3.x with our novel ‘Proof-of-Anonymous-Stake’ protocol. This release has been nearly 10 months in development and testing and introduces the first fully anonymous staking system on a trustless setup. In addition, there are other major changes in v3.x. The block time will increase to 96 seconds and the stake reward will be fixed per block.  The reward for a block staked with SPECTRE (PoAS) will be 3 SPECTRE. The reward for a block staked with XSPEC (PoSv3), will be 2 XSPEC. This will slightly decrease inflation over time.

You MUST update your wallet and reindex the blockchain or use the bootstrap method before the hard-fork which will be at the following time:

Code:
17/05/2019 (17th May 2019)
2000 GMT (UTC) London, UK time
2300 hours Moscow Standard Time (MSK) / Eastern European Time (EET)
1600 hours Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) US

Please check your time-zone to find out when the changes are introduced where you are if this is relevant to you. Once you have updated your wallet to v3.x you can just resume staking as normal and once the new rules have been activated you can then start using the PoAS protocol. Once the hard-fork has occurred and the new rules are in effect we will make an announcement shortly after here and on Blockfolio Signal so you know that you can start ‘Stealth Staking’.

We have published an update guide on our usual newsletter site so please have a quick look at this before you go ahead and update your wallet. If you do not update the wallet, you will simply be left out after the fork and you will be on an abandoned v2 chain. So, please update your wallet as soon as possible.

A big step?
Activity: 159
Merit: 1
Amazing work from the team.  So glad to be a part of this community, everyone has stuck it out through all the drama last year and come out the other side will a project 100 times better than previous and better than we could have hoped for!  Here’s to the ultimate privacy coin around at the moment, roll on The hardfork  Cool
Activity: 89
Merit: 50
SPECTRECOIN v3.x NEW RELEASE

The Spectrecoin Foundation is thrilled to present the release of Spectrecoin v3.x with our novel ‘Proof-of-Anonymous-Stake’ protocol. This release has been nearly 10 months in development and testing and introduces the first fully anonymous staking system on a trustless setup. In addition, there are other major changes in v3.x. The block time will increase to 96 seconds and the stake reward will be fixed per block.  The reward for a block staked with SPECTRE (PoAS) will be 3 SPECTRE. The reward for a block staked with XSPEC (PoSv3), will be 2 XSPEC. This will slightly decrease inflation over time.

You MUST update your wallet and reindex the blockchain or use the bootstrap method before the hard-fork which will be at the following time:

Code:
17/05/2019 (17th May 2019)
2000 GMT (UTC) London, UK time
2300 hours Moscow Standard Time (MSK) / Eastern European Time (EET)
1600 hours Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) US

Please check your time-zone to find out when the changes are introduced where you are if this is relevant to you. Once you have updated your wallet to v3.x you can just resume staking as normal and once the new rules have been activated you can then start using the PoAS protocol. Once the hard-fork has occurred and the new rules are in effect we will make an announcement shortly after here and on Blockfolio Signal so you know that you can start ‘Stealth Staking’.

We have published an update guide on our usual newsletter site so please have a quick look at this before you go ahead and update your wallet. If you do not update the wallet, you will simply be left out after the fork and you will be on an abandoned v2 chain. So, please update your wallet as soon as possible.

Prepare for the v3 Hardfork coming on 17. May 2019.
Upgrade with this guide: https://news.spectreproject.io/spectrecoin-v3-x-upgrade-guide/
Activity: 552
Merit: 110

The one month chart of SpectreCoin shows steady growth:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spectrecoin/
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
the latest rise enabled me to increase my holdings.
Yes, it is great to have a bull market going in one of your coins while most of the rest of the market is still trying to get off the ground.

Cool
Activity: 25
Woohoo really great!

When will xspec get on Binance or other large exchanges?

It is one of the most interesting coins out there and it can not be overlooked much longer.

SpectreCoin is Up 77% to 65 cents today.   WOW   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: