Author

Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating the Game Economy with BitCrystals (BCY) - page 144. (Read 676620 times)

Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Hello BitCrystals community!

I had an interesting proposal that I'd love to flesh more out in terms of thought and possibilities. I am one of the team members from the Jewels project. It is our goal at the start of next year to start developing our own illustrious MMORPG which is the purpose of the Jewels crowdfund, however we have immediate use cases in our existing games - Apex Conquer (see Jewels thread).

I've had some time today to fully look over this project and it's progress and over all I quite like what I see. What is most alluring to me about this project is its beautiful art work that shows a lot of time and effort goes into crafting each card. Minor suggestion and off topic but I would love to see a lore wiki put together for Spells of Genesis if there isn't... but I digress. My idea is simple - I think it would be very cool to integrate some of the outfits from some of the characters of SoG into our upcoming game as well as our existing game. In our existing game (Apex) there are already cosmetics for customization that are fantasy oriented after all the majority of the game is fantasy oriented. There's actually already existing garments that resemble some cards such as the dark robe seen here albeit it is a bit generic Tongue.

The way I see it working is as follows - In our new Jewels web wallet we are working on developing we will offer a store for specialized cosmetics that are modeled after cards seen in the Spells of Genesis game. These cosmetics modeled after SoG cards will only be obtained by depositing the same blockchain asset associated with the card and then the player will be able to corresponding item on our game while logged in. I believe this is a positive use case for SoG cards and mutually promotes both our franchises. Here you can see some examples of cosmetics that already exist in Apex.

Just and idea at the moment but I would love to hear the SoG's team members as well as community's thoughts on this!

I think that is an excellent idea. It's similar to what has already been implemented in the mobile game Sarutobi where you can use several of the SoG cards to give special power ups to your character in the Sarutobi game. It would increase the usefulness of SoG cards even further, expanding the game ecosystem into new realms and getting players more excited about holding  these valuable assets in their possession, knowing they will be able to reuse them in several games or even sell them to the players of the other game that are seeking to have these special cosmetics. Cross game synergy is the trend of the future. I for one am all for having more games use SoG assets!  Cool
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Official Jewels Dev Account.
Hello BitCrystals community!

I had an interesting proposal that I'd love to flesh more out in terms of thought and possibilities. I am one of the team members from the Jewels project. It is our goal at the start of next year to start developing our own illustrious MMORPG which is the purpose of the Jewels crowdfund, however we have immediate use cases in our existing games - Apex Conquer (see Jewels thread).

I've had some time today to fully look over this project and it's progress and over all I quite like what I see. What is most alluring to me about this project is its beautiful art work that shows a lot of time and effort goes into crafting each card. Minor suggestion and off topic but I would love to see a lore wiki put together for Spells of Genesis if there isn't... but I digress. My idea is simple - I think it would be very cool to integrate some of the outfits from some of the characters of SoG into our upcoming game as well as our existing game. In our existing game (Apex) there are already cosmetics for customization that are fantasy oriented after all the majority of the game is fantasy oriented. There's actually already existing garments that resemble some cards such as the dark robe seen here albeit it is a bit generic Tongue.

The way I see it working is as follows - In our new Jewels web wallet we are working on developing we will offer a store for specialized cosmetics that are modeled after cards seen in the Spells of Genesis game. These cosmetics modeled after SoG cards will only be obtained by depositing the same blockchain asset associated with the card and then the player will be able to corresponding item on our game while logged in. I believe this is a positive use case for SoG cards and mutually promotes both our franchises. Here you can see some examples of cosmetics that already exist in Apex. Additionally, scrolling through our facebook you can see a few garments which are not shown in the previous link here.

Anyways, Just and idea at the moment but I would love to hear the SoG's team members as well as community's thoughts on this!

Edit: In case the BitCrystals team themselves reads this and is interested in further discussing this idea, please shoot me a PM or an email at [email protected]
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Check out the latest SoG news in the most recent Counterparty update + more.

Counterparty Update 08/22/16

Notice Force of Will was ranking 4th in last year's "Top 10 Hobby Channel Collectible Games."

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
YAY if the price goes down I'll try and scoop some moar BCY, got to load up to buy cards...

Scoop Scoop.

Delta Tango, Fox.

Houston we have permission for Lift Off.

Over!
legendary
I have not played in a while.  I have a question..

Is the Unity webgl working for pc?  I load it up and on the "team screen"  I can't drag cards down to fill in my 4 team blank spots.

I imagine I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

You need to select the card (click on it) you want to add then click on one of the 4 spots on the deck to add it. It's not drag and drop anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
if someone want to try for fun SOG android version on pc , or any android now you can try
remixos , it does not change your windows (you can install even on a usb pen)
comes with uninstall , and easy to try :
http://www.jide.com/remixos-for-pc
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
I have not played in a while.  I have a question..

Is the Unity webgl working for pc?  I load it up and on the "team screen"  I can't drag cards down to fill in my 4 team blank spots.

I imagine I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.
legendary
Why not a CHINESE article or SOG project translation ?

Chinese Market it's BIG

Agree that would be awesome. Hopefully it will come.  Smiley
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Audentes fortuna iuvat
Why not a CHINESE article or SOG project translation ?

Chinese Market it's BIG
legendary
Another article in Spanish, with a quote from TouchArcade's Eli Hodapp  Smiley

El nuevo juego de smartphone que usa la blockchain como estructura

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
I really want to buy FOW Limited cards like Spells of Genesis

More Press The better! Expecting some news from the Dev team later this week. Hopefully we are ready for Soft Launch and on schedule to release end of Month. In the mean time, Scoop Scoop cheap BCY Smiley
legendary
YAY if the price goes down I'll try and scoop some moar BCY, got to load up to buy cards...
9 days left in August.... we getting a new road map or what exactly....?

Big things are around the corner dude, just sit tight hold your breath and prey.
Nahh Nah. These devs are good they got you covered. New roadmap coming soon, new pump coming soon, or maybe its a dump.  Grin
I could have got the wrong memo on that shit. But dont worry and HODL!  Wink

OP says there is one programmer and a game designer.... So not sure about "these devs"

Yeah I want the release to be solid and the marketing to be brilliant... but delaying again.... we will see sub 10k sat again soon if that happens.
works for me Smiley selling half my BCY (in profit anyways) and waiting for the 'sale' on BCY before the inevitable rise to moon Cool

Perfect Time to Swoop up some more cheap BCY! Before Space Ship Takes off.
legendary
Activity: 1447
Merit: 1028
Is anybody here interested to change Cards against Iota? Ive approx up to 80 GIota to spend.

Prefered Cards are   Satoshicard, CCMCard, or you offer any similar Cards. Only serious offers please, ive a good overview about all cards so dont try to threat me like a fool  Wink .

Maybe this is your first and last Chance to get some Iota before Iota hits Exchanges. So its a fair Deal imo.

If yes pm me. No Noobi Accs please.
legendary
Activity: 1007

Big things are around the corner dude, just sit tight hold your breath and prey.
Nahh Nah. These devs are good they got you covered. New roadmap coming soon, new pump coming soon, or maybe its a dump.  Grin

OP says there is one programmer and a game designer.... So not sure about "these devs"

Yeah I want the release to be solid and the marketing to be brilliant... but delaying again.... we will see sub 10k sat again soon if that happens.
works for me Smiley selling half my BCY (in profit anyways) and waiting for the 'sale' on BCY before the inevitable rise to moon Cool
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
9 days is 9 days so wait almost 9 days
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
50k here we come.  Wink

Very Doable. BCY still has a small marketcap. It should be top 10
50K end of Month? and 100K at Launch?  Smiley

when is 'Launch'?
Jump to: