Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 17. (Read 166041 times)

STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
Thankyou
M9pPrz7vqEhXQvASKBP1k2YAGSn4fXeo4x
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
The multipools are really bad. They are bad idea for everyone else but the pool owner, because most of the time the miners don't get what is advertised.

But, the result is that someone has at their disposal massive hashing power and they can point it anywhere they like, anytime.

Coins that have long difficulty update periods and permit large changes in difficulty are especially vulnerable.

It is not that Multipools are bad, but the coins have poor designs to allow this kind of difficulty jumps. The multipools are like wolves which make the crypto-currencies stronger as a whole by weeding out badly designed coins.

It is very easy to make a coin to withstand such multi-pool attacks by making an adjustment every block towards the desired difficulty based on the past 10-20 blocks,
but this coin chose a different strategy.

This coin was designed against such multi-pools attacks and look how well it worked and it will fail again after the update too. Those are not multipools mining this coins on low difficulty periods, but individual solo-mines with software to detect low difficulty periods and auto-switch their farms just in few seconds after the re-target.

Interesting; I believe, if I am not mistaken, your bolded piece is what will happen after the fork.

It seems like it will be a bit before we hit the fork but as long as the coin is solid after I am down...

Currently it adjusts every based on the last 21 so his suggestion has been on it since August. We are adjusting the % the difficulty can shift and reducing it significantly with the fork
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
MW9g2mGTpHxb8qZ4DiBF2D871V9Cx1peiA

Thanks a lot!
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
The multipools are really bad. They are bad idea for everyone else but the pool owner, because most of the time the miners don't get what is advertised.

But, the result is that someone has at their disposal massive hashing power and they can point it anywhere they like, anytime.

Coins that have long difficulty update periods and permit large changes in difficulty are especially vulnerable.

It is not that Multipools are bad, but the coins have poor designs to allow this kind of difficulty jumps. The multipools are like wolves which make the crypto-currencies stronger as a whole by weeding out badly designed coins.

It is very easy to make a coin to withstand such multi-pool attacks by making an adjustment every block towards the desired difficulty based on the past 10-20 blocks,
but this coin chose a different strategy.

This coin was designed against such multi-pools attacks and look how well it worked and it will fail again after the update too. Those are not multipools mining this coins on low difficulty periods, but individual solo-mines with software to detect low difficulty periods and auto-switch their farms just in few seconds after the re-target.

Interesting; I believe, if I am not mistaken, your bolded piece is what will happen after the fork.

It seems like it will be a bit before we hit the fork but as long as the coin is solid after I am down...
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

It is very easy to make a coin to withstand such multi-pool attacks by making an adjustment every block towards the desired difficulty based on the past 10-20 blocks, but this coin chose a different strategy.

This coin was designed against such multi-pools attacks and look how well it worked and it will fail again after the update too. Those are not multipools mining this coins on low difficulty periods, but individual solo-mines with software to detect the low difficulty periods and auto-switch their farms just few seconds after the re-target.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
MKgFqv71rtYw3hvggKxibS3ZR1Jbzr419N

Thanks!
Activity: 229
MCiGaM5JnivkKuSnx9enHVdJmMg7WF25mX

Nice one!!
Activity: 74
MTAN1oETESYJ2dhM1tJkXi9Mb3wW1m9UCw

Thank you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
FUCK IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN  diff 10 NO BLOCKS after another 2 hours waisted

this time 27 blocks gone 77568-77595

WHAT THE FUCK MAN

Its been like this for 6 months. You're mad at a bunch of code right now

Regardless, yes, the fork will help slow down the swing
Activity: 215
10 SPOTS to anyone who posts an address before we get to page 68 - Only do it once or I'll skip both of your posts
MK8zGq7AQFyN7gPeN7Fd3PHVzRzFgMt6Q7

Thanks!
Activity: 245

WHAT THE FUCK MAN

Can you post like a normal person?
Writing in all caps and swearing wont get you anywhere
Activity: 393

Activity: 558
Merit: 295
Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

WHAT THE FUCK MAN
CAN'T BE JUST FROM MULTIPOOL
IF I HAD 6Mhs and THEY HAD 20-26
I Am ALREADY at FULL Throttle they MUST RAMP UP OR PPLNS IS BULLSHIT

EVEN WITHOUT PPLNS STRAIGHT PROP.
DOES MULTIPOOL COUNT AS ONE USER WITH 26MH or 21 users with 1MH
BIG change in odds if latter is case

ALSO I AM STILL 6/26 OF TOTAL And SHOULD HAVE GOT AT LEAST ONE OF 13
OR I SUFFERED 500% VARIANCE for 13 CONSECUTIVE BLOCKS WHILE AT ZERO DIFF!!!

I love Spots and hope I'm wrong and it is just the multi-pool parasites
PLEASE tell me the fork will cure this

I don't wish to complain as I have done very well mining spots ALONE most of the time
But WHEN I SEE such RARE chances get stolen
I know I have been robbed and feel neglected by the dev's
I would like to continue to mine and support Spots
The Pool OP was VERY fast to respond and fix a problem but this has cost me MANY MANY coins

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Pretty obvious that the multipools jump on when difficulty drops to zero.  Then because of all the extra hashing power the difficulty quickly spikes, the multipool jumps somewhere else and the other miners are left mining at a higher difficulty.

That's why it is getting hard forked, unfortunately block 81000 is some distance away still.
Why does net traffic show 27Mhs when ONLY 4.5Mhs are TOTAL of ALL KNOWN POOLS
AND INCLUDING p2p.org (1Mhs)

Why does this 20+MH ONLY SHOW UP when DIFF is near zero
EACH AND EVERY TIME...WOW THAT"S SOME SMART SOFTWARE...
WHEN DIFF GOES to 3,6,7 etc.. NET REPORTS TOTAL TRAFFIC EXACT..NO EXTRA 20Mhs

WHY WHEN DIFF IS zero Do NONE OF THE POOLS GET BLOCKS!!!

EXAMPLE
2014-01--20-2:06:22.........I found Block#77552

I HAD 6MH And NET REPORTED TOTAL of 9Mhs JUST BEFORE DIFF CHANGED TO ZERO
I CHECKED ALL OTHER POOLS AND INDEED ALL OTHERS HAD ONLY 3MhS

THEN BANG AS SOON AS I FIND BLOCK 77552 DFIFF GOES TO ZERO BUT......
WITHIN LESS THAN 2 MINUTES LATER SOMEONE FOUND 13 BLOCKS AND DIFF WAS BACK UP TO 7
I WATCHED THEM ALL GO BY ON CGMINER
NET TRAFFIC INSTANTLY GETS REPORTED AS 30Mhs
AFTER TWO MINUTES WHEN DIFF GOES FROM 0 to 7
BANG..... NET INSTANTLY REPORTS 9Mhs AGAIN BUT 13  BLOCKS ARE GONE
SO MUCH FOR PPLNS....CAN"T BE FROM MUTIPOOL EITHER!!!!

2 HOURS LATER at 2014-20-4:23:49 I found Bock# 77564

I CHECKED EVERY KNOWN POOL & P2P.org
ZERO BLOCKS FOUND BY ANY OF THEM IN THAT INTERVAL OF 2 MINUTES
AND NONE IN THE FOLLOWING 2 HOURS

AGAIN
I had 6Mhs ....ALL OTHER POOLS COMBINED HAD APPROX 3- 4.5Mhs
NET TRAFFIC SHOWED TOTAL as AS 27 FOR 2 MINUTES ONLY
THEN BACK TO 9MH

BLOCKS
77552-77564 ....that is 13 BLOCKS NOT FOUND BY ME OR ANY KNOWN POOL IN 2 MINUTES

THIS PATTERN HAPPENS EVERY TIME THE DIFF GOES NEAR ZERO....
I can show MANY other occasions of exactly the same pattern

DO YOU THINK IT IS POSSIBLE SOLO OR MANY SOLO's CAN GET THAT RESULT..NFW

LET"S SEE HOW THE DEV RESPONDS...
DOES HE KNOW? IS IT THEM/HIM? IS IT A SECRET IN THE COIN ITSELF?

THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY AND NO EVIDENCE THESE COINS WERE FOUND BY LEGITIMATE MINING
SOMEONE  IS FUCKING US..
COULD THIS BE THE REAL REASON WHY NO-ONE EVER FINDS SUPER BLOCKS

DID THEY REALLY THINK SOMEONE WOULD NOT CATCH THEM OR NOTICE

THERE IS ZERO CHANCE THAT A SINGLE PRIVATE POOL COULD ACCOUNT FOR SUCH ALSO...

SMALL WONDER THE PRICE KEEPS DIVING AND NO_ONE IS BUYING

Activity: 448
MGvtpsM7doeYBqK7GRoxEb4fToB4HKrJr5
Thanks
Activity: 265
MTbFdW1DTjRWbGjmttxBkueFcB8JDzTApy

Thanks
Activity: 68
M8TLLMpuYFk24fnWxteje5jrWQbo6fEGhM