Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 18. (Read 166041 times)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Well Im still mining spots, I just get more sad every day I wake up and see that price drops Smiley
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
MF7cytLYhSjSoSDaLGcXEur1chCRoAvyhP

Thanks
Activity: 48
MGFq2KDkMgTXR27sWN1q2SPtzgjezuvcKc

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Ok, I've been keeping a close eye on it the past day, and this is what I'm seeing

- Huge spikes in hashrate causing difficulty to hover around 25-26
- Once it gets that high, either a multipool or a dickhead leaves
- Takes a while to find the next few blocks, dropping difficulty back under 5
- Repeat

All this is doing is delaying the fork, it isn't doing any harm or anything. The difficulty adjustments post-fork will help prevent this from happening

I just hope we can see a price jump, its stupidly low right now

Well personally I don't mind the low price to snag a few more. I already know it will spike even higher than it did last time once we finish up some of the services and sites we are working on for it. I can't say too much, yet, because I don't like to overpromise, but the lower the price per Spot is, the more we will make when people pay with them (SPOT will be the only option) in our new sites, as will any merchants currently accepting it, so I'm ok with this  Smiley
Just one problem, taking this idea to the extreme means that you will have all the coins and they will have a zero value!
The market is strange though, you have done lots of Spots, but the price just keeps on falling.

That's a risk I'm willing to take
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Ok, I've been keeping a close eye on it the past day, and this is what I'm seeing

- Repeat

All this is doing is delaying the fork, it isn't doing any harm or anything. The difficulty adjustments post-fork will help prevent this from happening

Well personally I don't mind the low price to snag a few more. I already know it will spike even higher than it did last time once we finish up some of the services and sites we are working on for it. I can't say too much, yet, because I don't like to overpromise, but the lower the price per Spot is, the more we will make when people pay with them (SPOT will be the only option) in our new sites, as will any merchants currently accepting it, so I'm ok with this  Smiley
Just one problem, taking this idea to the extreme means that you will have all the coins and they will have a zero value!
The market is strange though, you have done lots for Spots, but the price just keeps on falling.
Activity: 458
From nothing to nothing
MW8RcFyfqt5xEx6cGZZ5qFCT3CsCVm2CW4

Thanks
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
MEAvWgvN5MBz1sm54QWTJBFpnKzLkY3G1Y

Thanks
Activity: 28
MKxRwyFBKoeNme5YD9GNeTNhKopbSYo8GH

Thanks
legendary

- Repeat

Activity: 245

- Repeat

legendary

- Repeat

Activity: 768
Merit: 500
MDKc3XMJzGXVzZf2f7YS9mChqZdNy7tL6Q

Thanks!
legendary
we still have another 3800+ blocks.  It will be another 2 weeks before the hard fork kicks in  Undecided

70 seconds, so 4433 minutes, or around Sunday. I'm going to keep everything saying Friday, though, to encourage people to update right away and not put it off

70 seconds? what kind of math are you using?  So 3742 more blocks in the next 48 hours? Not looking good boss.

The target block time is 70 seconds, and it's actually been a little quicker than that so far today. 1440 blocks per day is the target. Either way, whenever we hit that block it doesn't matter. The fork is coded for 81,000, so whether it's Sunday or next Wednesday, it makes no difference as far as the network is concerned

The main point of the whole update was to fix the client, we only decided to do the hard fork because we needed an update anyway, super blocks are retarded, and it allowed us to do some network changes to the backend. I'm getting 60+ peers now within minutes of the QT being open, and that's not even on a VPS

Don't you want to change the code to block 78000 instead of 81000?  As I said before, it is going to take 2 weeks before this hard fork kicks in.  BTW...how are you coming up with a target block time of 70 seconds?  I am just trying to understand the logic before this coin. 

I see the problem. Coinchoose has been using coins-e price, which isn't accurate at all. Cryptsy is way more active
legendary
Don't you want to change the code to block 78000 instead of 81000?  As I said before, it is going to take 2 weeks before this hard fork kicks in.  BTW...how are you coming up with a target block time of 70 seconds?  I am just trying to understand the logic before this coin.  

I say leave it the way it is; too many people downloaded the new client to now update to another client.

With your suggestion there will be two groups of "new" clients out there and that will cause more headaches than simply waiting the extra week or so...

Don't worry, that's not happening. Whenever we hit block 81,000, it will fork. Whether it's tomorrow or next week makes no difference

What difference does it make, there is PLENTY of time to have "everyone" update to a new client.  I am not sure who everyone is, but whatever.  So is there a fix for confirming blocks as well?  I was on a pool in which our last block was 8 hours ago and it still has not completed the 60 confirmations. It still has 36 more to go.

I am sorry to sound like I am complaining, but damn if your going to release something like this, at least have a plan or a dev team.  From the looks of it this is a solo setup, which is probably not a good thing.

I'll continue to mine these useless as Coinye's and see where their destiny lies

Not sure what any of this has to do with the dev team. It's taking a long time to confirm because difficulty is high right now and blocks are slow. We offer 10% off when using Spots for gold, silver, and copper right now, and it also has a few other merchants that started accepted it this week

The longer it takes to hit block 81000 the longer people have to update. Before 81000 it doesn't matter which client you are using
Activity: 357
Meantime the price is already 18xx..
Noone want to invest and buy 57290.13074426 at 2315-2308?
Activity: 182
What difference does it make, there is PLENTY of time to have "everyone" update to a new client.  I am not sure who everyone is, but whatever.  So is there a fix for confirming blocks as well?  I was on a pool in which our last block was 8 hours ago and it still has not completed the 60 confirmations. It still has 36 more to go.

Problem is a lot of people don't check things as often as you do; they see updated client and then go wherever the latest link they can find.

Not even all of the pools have updated to the 1.0.1 update; and the deadline was last Friday.

You think people will check what version/fork they are on?
Activity: 250
Merit: 252
Don't you want to change the code to block 78000 instead of 81000?  As I said before, it is going to take 2 weeks before this hard fork kicks in.  BTW...how are you coming up with a target block time of 70 seconds?  I am just trying to understand the logic before this coin. 

I say leave it the way it is; too many people downloaded the new client to now update to another client.

With your suggestion there will be two groups of "new" clients out there and that will cause more headaches than simply waiting the extra week or so...

Don't worry, that's not happening. Whenever we hit block 81,000, it will fork. Whether it's tomorrow or next week makes no difference

What difference does it make, there is PLENTY of time to have "everyone" update to a new client.  I am not sure who everyone is, but whatever.  So is there a fix for confirming blocks as well?  I was on a pool in which our last block was 8 hours ago and it still has not completed the 60 confirmations. It still has 36 more to go.

I am sorry to sound like I am complaining, but damn if your going to release something like this, at least have a plan or a dev team.  From the looks of it this is a solo setup, which is probably not a good thing.

I'll continue to mine these useless as Coinye's and see where their destiny lies
legendary

Activity: 182

legendary
we still have another 3800+ blocks.  It will be another 2 weeks before the hard fork kicks in  Undecided

70 seconds, so 4433 minutes, or around Sunday. I'm going to keep everything saying Friday, though, to encourage people to update right away and not put it off

70 seconds? what kind of math are you using?  So 3742 more blocks in the next 48 hours? Not looking good boss.

The target block time is 70 seconds, and it's actually been a little quicker than that so far today. 1440 blocks per day is the target. Either way, whenever we hit that block it doesn't matter. The fork is coded for 81,000, so whether it's Sunday or next Wednesday, it makes no difference as far as the network is concerned

The main point of the whole update was to fix the client, we only decided to do the hard fork because we needed an update anyway, super blocks are retarded, and it allowed us to do some network changes to the backend. I'm getting 60+ peers now within minutes of the QT being open, and that's not even on a VPS

That's the target block time in the code
Pages:
Jump to: