Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 14. (Read 166041 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Hope all the crybabys are happy now Smiley

As one of those "crybabies" I am happy that we finally will get the fork earlier and get this coin revived.

Versus being Mr. Mature and waiting for months until the fork kicks in while losing value in Spots.
Hello,

My pool at http://spotspool.chriskoeber.com is on the latest version:

Code:
{
    "version" : 1010000,
    "protocolversion" : 60080,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "blocks" : 78371,
    "connections" : 8,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 10.06100665,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1390144448,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Ok, well you guys wanted it moved up, so here it goes

This will be in two steps. This will move the fork up to block 79000 and update SPOT to protocol version 60080 and will ban all peers from any other coins. At block 156,000, we will do a soft fork to update ban rules to only allow peers on version 60080 (eliminating all other alt coins and Litecoin forever)

It will not be another "hard" fork, so if you want to use your own peer banning rules after block 156k, then it's on you if you get any issues. It will only be an update to change peer ban settings

I will only turn pools GREEN when the pool ops pm me a link to the updated pool. I wanted it at block 81000 and you guys wanted it sooner, so here you go. Should happen in about 2 days now. If anyone doesn't update in time, or if a pool doesn't and you are mining on the old fork, that's your problem

Spots HARD FORK AT BLOCK 79,000

*I'm out of town right now, so when someone on Skype gets back to me, or when I get back to my house, I'll get the new Windows QT up. At least now the pools and exchanges have an extra few hours

Hope all the crybabys are happy now Smiley

This will be in two steps. This will move the fork up to block 79000 and update SPOT to protocol version 60080 and will ban all peers from any other coins. At block 156,000, we will do a soft fork to update ban rules to only allow peers on version 60080 (eliminating all other alt coins and Litecoin forever)

It will not be another "hard" fork, so if you want to use your own peer banning rules after block 156k, then it's on you if you get any issues. It will only be an update to change peer ban settings

I will only turn pools GREEN when the pool ops pm me a link to the updated pool. I wanted it at block 81000 and you guys wanted it sooner, so here you go. Should happen in about 2 days now. If anyone doesn't update in time, or if a pool doesn't and you are mining on the old fork, that's your problem

*I'm out of town right now, so when someone on Skype gets back to me, or when I get back to my house, I'll get the new Windows QT up. At least now the pools and exchanges have an extra few hours

Thank you very much.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

Being so low means it also is very high on the profit meters at times. That's why the hard fork will help fix the huge jumps in difficulty. The multis jump on for a few blocks, spike the difficulty, and bounce

You guys should watch this thread tonight for an update

And...

Just as predicted, movement to block 81,000 is slowing down.

Last time I posted we were at block 78,313.

Now? Block 78,337. In approximately 4 hours we went through 24 blocks. Or about 6 blocks an hour.

Is your update finally going to just fork earlier or what?
legendary
Hashbros, and a couple others hit it

It's extremely unprofitable right now, though, so why would they switch to it? More importantly, have they recently?

Being so low means it also is very high on the profit meters at times. That's why the hard fork will help fix the huge jumps in difficulty. The multis jump on for a few blocks, spike the difficulty, and bounce

You guys should watch this thread tonight for an update

It's not even February, yet. The website is going to get completely redone, it's ugly as shit right now

I went by the 70 second block times in the code. Multipools made difficulty go nuts and blocks are going slow. The fork will slow the swings down. The math was right based on the code, but not on real life swings

Everyone has already downloaded the new client to fork at 81000, why should we release another one just to speed it up? The problem is that all the pools may not update twice and then we have miners stuck on a bad chain

You realize the reason we aren't doing 50 updates is so you guys don't lose your coins by being on a shitty fork like you have with other coins such as ADT

That was what I originally thought, but what you are not factoring in is:

(1) people are not as slow as what you are making them out to be and thus will get on a fork earlier

(2) it will take longer and longer to get to block 81,000.

GlobalCoin (GLC) originally did a fork far in advance, just like you, and it was taking forever to get there.

So what did the developer do? He forked it far earlier and then communicated the change immediately. Everyone then updated their clients and it was all good.

Please stop assuming people won't check for updates and just update the fork to something far earlier in advance.

Two days ago we were on block 77,951. We are now on block 78,313. In roughly 35 hours we have worked through 362 blocks. Or about 10 blocks an hour. And it is getting slower to mine because people are dumping this coin and thus less people are mining.

All because you won't simply admit that you didn't factor in everything and just update the fork.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

It's extremely unprofitable right now, though, so why would they switch to it? More importantly, have they recently?
legendary
It's not even February, yet. The website is going to get completely redone, it's ugly as shit right now

I went by the 70 second block times in the code. Multipools made difficulty go nuts and blocks are going slow. The fork will slow the swings down. The math was right based on the code, but not on real life swings

Everyone has already downloaded the new client to fork at 81000, why should we release another one just to speed it up? The problem is that all the pools may not update twice and then we have miners stuck on a bad chain

You realize the reason we aren't doing 50 updates is so you guys don't lose your coins by being on a shitty fork like you have with other coins such as ADT

Multipools haven't touched Spots for quite some time, since their value has gone down so much. Why are the blocks still coming so slowly?

If anyone is interested in a profit switching pool that runs spots.. Check my sig.

Multipools haven't touched Spots for quite some time, since their value has gone down so much. Why are the blocks still coming so slowly?
legendary
What the hell is going on here...

iGotSpots, you made quite a few references to major events to occur in February, including a full overhaul of http://www.igotspots.com/.

At the rate we're currently seeing, the hard fork won't come around until late Feb or even March. I can fully understand your intent to ensure that everyone's ready when the fork comes. However, we're just over a quarter of the way to block 81k and it's already been a week since the day you estimated we'd *reach the fork*.

What the hell is going on here...

iGotSpots, you made quite a few references to major events to occur in February, including a full overhaul of http://www.igotspots.com/.

At the rate we're currently seeing, the hard fork won't come around until late Feb or even March. I can fully understand your intent to ensure that everyone's ready when the fork comes. However, we're just over a quarter of the way to block 81k and it's already been a week since the day you estimated we'd *reach the fork*.
Yes, let's not focus on the fact that the developer is playing games with people's investments and not posting the correct transaction IDs.

Let's also not focus on the fact that he can simply fork earlier so that people don't have to wait forever.

No, let's just not complain and wait patiently for months.

I hate people like you; always too nervous to call people out for their shitty behavior.

You're the type of person telling everyone to calm down just because you're scared of an argument.

Hi brainless beeing Smiley

At the moment it is not possible to answer your insults, since I'm not that low level, but if you want an insults war, start insulting your mother, for example, instead insulting a person who only gave an opinion and has not failed to anyones respect. Smiley

I would also like to know how old are you... Because with those kind of words you don't seem to be an adult...

You're going to start a fight with me instead of trying to get the developer to update the client so we don't have to wait forever for the fork.

Let's talk about who's brainless.
Activity: 47
Merit: 24
Just let the blocks reach 81000!

I think no one is thinking about this:

-Since Spots have a really weak, almost nobody is mining it, so the blocks takes forever to be mined!

- So, iGotSpots pointed to the past Friday, based on Hashrate medium value from the last months, but since it brutaly got really low, he failed on the 81.000 block reach time.

God damn, just stop trying to ruin the coin, and let it reach the 81.000. Striking down a man will not bring your invested bitcoins back.

Yes, let's not focus on the fact that the developer is playing games with people's investments and not posting the correct transaction IDs.

Let's also not focus on the fact that he can simply fork earlier so that people don't have to wait forever.

No, let's just not complain and wait patiently for months.

I hate people like you; always too nervous to call people out for their shitty behavior.

You're the type of person telling everyone to calm down just because you're scared of an argument.

Hi brainless beeing Smiley

At the moment it is not possible to answer your insults, since I'm not that low level, but if you want an insults war, start insulting your mother, for example, instead insulting a person who only gave an opinion and has not failed to anyones respect. Smiley

I would also like to know how old are you... Because with those kind of words you don't seem to be an adult...
Activity: 336
Merit: 254
CoinMine.pw
Looks like it's stuck 10 blocks for 10 hours?
Come on guys, go to mine SPOTS at http://www.coinmine.pw !
Great pool with great futures!
The developer had said that someone else had done it originally and he would try to find someone to build a new one.

The concept behind this coin is great, seems a shame things are at a low right now. People have been mining/buying this coin because they believe in it.
Maybe if the developer could have a couple of slices of humble pie with his lunch today and take on board some of the good ideas and information coming from some of the posters on here we could all move ahead.  And perhaps start afresh.  Smiley

You're a positive person Smiley but the problem stems deeper from simply setting the fork earlier than the 81,000 block.

It seems that iGotSpots has deceived people; you can review quiet a few posts where he has taken ages to post transaction IDs for refunds he has allegedly made and then the one transaction ID he posted was a bitcoin transaction where the sending and receiving bitcoin address is the same.

How can we "start afresh" when the main developer for this coin is acting like a con-artist?
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Any update on the new mac wallet, I don't want to lose my coins.

Developer took more than a month to even set up the shitty fork and won't reply to anyone at all now.

You think he is going to post a Mac wallet?

Best to get a Windows box and load a wallet on that for now.

The developer had said that someone else had done it originally and he would try to find someone to build a new one.

The concept behind this coin is great, seems a shame things are at a low right now. People have been mining/buying this coin because they believe in it.
Maybe if the developer could have a couple of slices of humble pie with his lunch today and take on board some of the good ideas and information coming from some of the posters on here we could all move ahead.  And perhaps start afresh.  Smiley

Developer took more than a month to even set up the shitty fork and won't reply to anyone at all now.

You think he is going to post a Mac wallet?

Best to get a Windows box and load a wallet on that for now.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: