Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 133. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 250
BAM
what is the hashrate on a 390? just curious, if it is on par with nvidia or slower
I'm getting closer to 3 M/Hs if that's any help.

as expected not optimized, because a 970 can do 4.5Mh

I have 2 GTX 980's and each is getting 5.5 MH/s
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
what is the hashrate on a 390? just curious, if it is on par with nvidia or slower

as expected not optimized, because a 970 can do 4.5Mh
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
The data is held already by nodes.

Only the most recent network data is currently "held" by the nodes, and it is quickly replaced with new data that is coming in all the time,
for the reason that you would otherwise create TeraBytes of data if you were to save/hold/keep track of the ever changing network data of just the past few weeks.

And imagine you do this for multiple altcoins (some of them with high traffic/volume) simultaneously...?

It will be interesting to see what algorithms we (and others) will come up with just to be able to handle the sheer amount of data.

Pruning makes data held by service nodes more valuable.

Only people paid to run nodes will be bothered to keep such large amounts of data, with the added benefits of regional location origins and times of transactions. And when you're getting paid to do something, operating terabytes of data is only factor of profit: if its profitable, you'll do it. If its not, you probably won't.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

Only the most recent network data is currently "held" by the nodes, and it is quickly replaced with new data that is coming in all the time,
for the reason that you would otherwise create TeraBytes of data if you were to save/hold/keep track of the ever changing network data of just the past few weeks.

And imagine you do this for multiple altcoins (some of them with high traffic/volume) simultaneously...?

It will be interesting to see what algorithms we (and others) will come up with just to be able to handle the sheer amount of data.

legendary
Crypto and big data is just going to happen.

You heard it here first....let's see it here first too  Grin

This could be really cool as a tool after 12.2, we can make all of the network data available to us in a database, then query locally using MYSQL.

https://www.periscopedata.com/ab?source=quantcast&ad=so-300x250

Imagine graphing stats like Payments Per hour, Account Creations Per Hour, etc. We can track the activities on the network pretty well with something like this.

I think one of the biggest problems of big data will be how to handle and digest those insane amounts of data streams that come in.
It's not as easy as it sounds.  Smiley

Interesting times ahead of us.

Sort of.

These data search and presentation tools are external.

So they handle a lot of data queries and give options on presentation for insights.

So, we just have to be the provider of the door to the data.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

You heard it here first....let's see it here first too  Grin

This could be really cool as a tool after 12.2, we can make all of the network data available to us in a database, then query locally using MYSQL.

Imagine graphing stats like Payments Per hour, Account Creations Per Hour, etc. We can track the activities on the network pretty well with something like this.

I think one of the biggest problems of big data will be how to handle and digest those insane amounts of data streams that come in.
It's not as easy as it sounds.  Smiley

Interesting times ahead of us.
legendary

You heard it here first....let's see it here first too  Grin

Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Woo 200 pages!  We're doing big things  Cheesy
legendary
Now, all these transactions will end up on a blockchain.
Interesting explanation.

How would these transactions end up on the block chain?

I think the only way is for IoT devices to have light clients. Then its just a matter for using one of the bitcoin OP codes to create contracts.

Oh, they need wifi too, I guess  Tongue

So I've got this AWS IoT button sitting on my desk. Don't know what to program for it, or how to get the button click actions on the block chain, but I have one here. Any thoughts on how to work with it on the SPR SN network?

I hear there are click-tip-pleasure features that are being used on MFC. That would be a great way to engage with someone over the internet. ServiceNodes, indeed  Grin
Activity: 174
Merit: 10
Mundus Ex Plurimum
Interesting explanation.

I think the only way is for IoT devices to have light clients. Then its just a matter for using one of the bitcoin OP codes to create contracts.

So I've got this AWS IoT button sitting on my desk. Don't know what to program for it, or how to get the button click actions on the block chain, but I have one here. Any thoughts on how to work with it on the SPR SN network?

legendary
BTW, now is the opportunity to buy.  Cool

That's the spirit  Grin

I'm interested in this coin, how many active devs?

We might get an announcement on this over the next week.
legendary
More x11 ASICs coming onto the market

How long until we can use something like this for Spreadcoin?

We'll have to wait until we get to that $45 / coin level  Grin

ASICs are usually a factor of price and miner competition. A consistently high price and lots of miners / hash power makes ASICs viable for someone to take the risk to make them.
Activity: 476
Well that was one long stretch of no volume.  Nobody wants to sell their spread under 5k any more?  Cry
Activity: 106
BTW, now is the opportunity to buy.  Cool

That's the spirit  Grin

I'm interested in this coin, how many active devs?
Activity: 406

How long until we can use something like this for Spreadcoin?
legendary

legendary
Interesting explanation.

Activity: 174
Mundus Ex Plurimum
Interesting explanation.

Jump to: