Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 151. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Let's change the name to DeadPool...  Grin

"Death of Pools"... it makes sense.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Sorry if this has been asked before, but any thoughts on switching from SpreadX11 to a multi-algo approach? Maybe SpreadX11 + SpreadSHA256d + SpreadScrypt + SpreadGroestl + SpreadQubit... something like that?

We might change SpreadX11 in the future to make it more decentralized (more pool-preventive etc...).
We might also change SpreadX11 if it turns out that something is wrong with X11 (who knows?).

Those are the only 2 logical reasons I can think of.

The issue I see, is that Spreadcoin only solves part of the problem, whereas multi-algo solves another part of the problem. Spreadcoin is pool resistant, but it's not resistant to mining farms. Multi-algo, on the other hand, is not pool resistant, but it does offer some small amount of mining farm resistance, which in effect, can lead to significantly greater decentralisation.

So changing from SpreadX11 to Spread-multi-algo wouldn't make it more pool-preventive, but it would make it inarguably the most decentralised coin on the market.
What if we make it so that servicenodes all together host a massive pool that everyone must use to mine. So the rewards all get split between every single miner.  Now that is decentralisation.

I actually thought of this idea awhile back. Some people had concerns that Spreadcoin then becomes the centralization....like a bank.

That was my initial thought too.

But I'm all ears  to know more about how it could work.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Sorry if this has been asked before, but any thoughts on switching from SpreadX11 to a multi-algo approach? Maybe SpreadX11 + SpreadSHA256d + SpreadScrypt + SpreadGroestl + SpreadQubit... something like that?

We might change SpreadX11 in the future to make it more decentralized (more pool-preventive etc...).
We might also change SpreadX11 if it turns out that something is wrong with X11 (who knows?).

The issue I see, is that Spreadcoin only solves part of the problem, whereas multi-algo solves another part of the problem. Spreadcoin is pool resistant, but it's not resistant to mining farms. Multi-algo, on the other hand, is not pool resistant, but it does offer some small amount of mining farm resistance, which in effect, can lead to significantly greater decentralisation.

So changing from SpreadX11 to Spread-multi-algo wouldn't make it more pool-preventive, but it would make it inarguably the most decentralised coin on the market.
What if we make it so that servicenodes all together host a massive pool that everyone must use to mine. So the rewards all get split between every single miner.  Now that is decentralisation.

I actually thought of this idea awhile back. Some people had concerns that Spreadcoin then becomes the centralization....like a bank.
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Let's change the name to DeadPool...  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

legendary
spreadcoin.info

I see we are in another one of these name-change crazes again?  Grin

Hey, just a few weeks ago I renewed all my spread***.*** domains well into 2018, so .... that's that!

Democracy: majority of votes are for a name change. Crazes? It's not another one, its the same one.

Democracy is the original 51% attack, lol ...  Cool
legendary
Syscoin goes from $300k marketcap to $3m marketcap in less than a few months. Gets lots of free publicity.

Not sure why.

Services include:

Alias reservation, ownership & exchange
Data storage
Digital document storage, ownership & exchange
Distributed marketplate & exchange
Digital Services Provider marketplace & platform
Digital Asset Creation and Management (alpha)
(soon) Escrow
(soon) Distributed gaming
(soon) Distributed elections and polls
(soon) Distributed encrypted communication & shared content storage

Could have something to do with it.

Cheers

Graham

Other than the 'soon' TM When was all the other stuff done? Still find it suspect that the value was $300k a few weeks ago and now it's $3m. Like, someone knew something was going to happen.

Let's not believe that we are somehow not cutting it. I also seem to remember writing about or reading about these things happening here:

* Decentralised search engine
* Decentralised explorer for any coin
* Automated Escrow (CLTV and the new zero knowledge verification)
* Big Bitcoin Data
* Decentralised Exchange
* Decentralised Coinbase type accounts (many months before Dash published anything to do with something sort of similar)
* Instant Bitcoin Transactions (if we can figure out the decentralized exchange and instant locking via servicenodes)

Some level of outreach via Azure would have the potential to help speed up these developments.

#Candoism
legendary

I see we are in another one of these name-change crazes again?  Grin

Hey, just a few weeks ago I renewed all my spread***.*** domains well into 2018, so .... that's that!

Democracy: majority of votes are for a name change. Crazes? It's not another one, its the same one.

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Syscoin goes from $300k marketcap to $3m marketcap in less than a few months. Gets lots of free publicity.

Not sure why.

Services include:

Data storage
(soon) Escrow

Cheers

Graham

Not bad for a two year old coin.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

Not sure why.

Services include:

Data storage
(soon) Escrow

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
Don't mean to take away Microsofts glory, but a lot of that Syscoin rise came on the back of them releasing a beta of their new 'Sys2' marketplace and was before the Azure announcement.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
Activity: 268

Steady does it  Cool
Activity: 268
legendary
spreadcoin.info

legendary
spreadcoin.info
So! Finally I am free to work on spreadcoin exclusively for a few days!

I see we are in another one of these name-change crazes again?  Grin

Smiley

Stay tuned.

BTW, we can register cool sounding names for any technological innovation we come up, that's fine with me.
Jump to: