Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 150. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I've been keeping very close tabs on crypto + torrent projects, details here

The technology is getting closer to being plug and play. This opens up the possibility of enabling ServiceNodes to run legal torrents with operators distributing (relay directly from movie houses) content locally and sharing in pay-per-view revenues paid by users to rights holders.

For example, Netflix is just one big ServiceNode. We could have thousands of nodes distributing content locally. So, why not?

Please vote:  here
legendary
I will be creating a new thread about SPR's Services over the next few days.

Cool, look forward to reading it.

More details in due course:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14244341
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Big Bitcoin Data:

This is an interesting interview about 5G.

One of the big expected benefits of 5G is mobile data and plenty of it. But the networks will still have trouble identifying bitcoin data transactions without nodes.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000500131

When we wrote the whitepaper last year we had no reference points to review 5G. We knew mobile data was going to be a big benefit, but looking at this we are 100% in the zone with Big Bitcoin Data.

2017-2020. Hopefully we will have POBN before the earlier estimate of 5g's emergence.

I wonder how much physical infrastructure they have to improve to enable the network to expand in the way they say it will.

Anyways, sounds like data will be for the taking everywhere!
legendary
Big Bitcoin Data:

This is an interesting interview about 5G.

One of the big expected benefits of 5G is mobile data and plenty of it. But the networks will still have trouble identifying bitcoin data transactions without nodes.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000500131

When we wrote the whitepaper last year we had no reference points to review 5G. We knew mobile data was going to be a big benefit, but looking at this we are 100% in the zone with Big Bitcoin Data.
legendary

Come on, own up - who Googled choccywoccydoodah?

It's actually a thing.  If you're in Europe, order something from them.  100% guaranteed to get you some extra lovin' from your object of desire.  I can speak with authority on this.

So, go ahead and put it on your Tinder profile. 100% swipe right action. No need to thank me when you manage to find time from all your messaging.
Ni dieu ni maître
To be serious players today, you need to provide a platform or suit of utilities based on blockchain that can empower others to build DAPPs. If you can't empower others to build DAPPS, you will only be valued as "proof of concept" player, and there are 10s and 100s of players at this level.

Would there be a way possible for others to build services on top of service nodes while still keeping everything kosher in terms of decentralization?

Doesn't Azure allow people to build on top of pre-existing platforms?

Thanks for reminding me that we did actually have an API as one of our medium term goals, specifically for this type of thing.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12824404

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYL6g_Dw_4U

I'm glad I mentioned it.  Cheesy
legendary
To be serious players today, you need to provide a platform or suit of utilities based on blockchain that can empower others to build DAPPs. If you can't empower others to build DAPPS, you will only be valued as "proof of concept" player, and there are 10s and 100s of players at this level.

Would there be a way possible for others to build services on top of service nodes while still keeping everything kosher in terms of decentralization?

Thanks for reminding me that we did actually have an API as one of our medium term goals, specifically for this type of thing.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12824404
Ni dieu ni maître

Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io

Cool, look forward to reading it.
legendary

This will be to collect everything we've been talking about over the past year and what we've narrowed down our core objectives over the short-medium-long terms

This is where we started:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/spr-master-node-apps-976031

I'd like to continue with this thread, but I'd prefer to open a self-moderated version.
legendary
...What things? Sorry for my ignorance but I'm new to spreadcoin and haven't seen much about this type of thing beyond decentralized block explorer. What else is being worked on?

Hey, welcome.

Pull up a chair, get some SPR from spreadcointalk giveaway.

The short-term, medium-term and long-term agenda:

* Decentralised search engine
* Decentralised explorer for any coin
* Automated Escrow (CLTV and the new zero knowledge verification)
* Big Bitcoin Data
* Decentralised Exchange
* Decentralised Coinbase type accounts (many months before Dash published anything to do with something sort of similar)
* Instant Bitcoin Transactions (if we can figure out the decentralized exchange and instant locking via servicenodes)

Some level of outreach via Azure would have the potential to help speed up these developments.

#Candoism

Plus, looks like decentralized pools on ServiceNodes, which is really interesting.
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
Syscoin goes from $300k marketcap to $3m marketcap in less than a few months. Gets lots of free publicity.

Not sure why.

Services include:

Alias reservation, ownership & exchange
Data storage
Digital document storage, ownership & exchange
Distributed marketplate & exchange
Digital Services Provider marketplace & platform
Digital Asset Creation and Management (alpha)
(soon) Escrow
(soon) Distributed gaming
(soon) Distributed elections and polls
(soon) Distributed encrypted communication & shared content storage

Could have something to do with it.

Cheers

Graham

This is my problem with the development of spreadcoin. By the time georgem has released SN's some other coin will already have solved the problem.

Decentralized blockexplorer is awesome and big data is very exciting. I just have a feeling other coins will beat us to the punch.

These things were invented here first.  We have published lots of evidence .  anyone tries to beat us to it is just contributing code to our project and doing proof of concept on our behalf.

What things? Sorry for my ignorance but I'm new to spreadcoin and haven't seen much about this type of thing beyond decentralized block explorer. What else is being worked on?
legendary
Syscoin goes from $300k marketcap to $3m marketcap in less than a few months. Gets lots of free publicity.

Not sure why.

Services include:

Data storage
(soon) Escrow

Cheers

Graham

This is my problem with the development of spreadcoin. By the time georgem has released SN's some other coin will already have solved the problem.

Decentralized blockexplorer is awesome and big data is very exciting. I just have a feeling other coins will beat us to the punch.

These things were invented here first.  We have published lots of evidence .  anyone tries to beat us to it is just contributing code to our project and doing proof of concept on our behalf.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Not sure why.

Services include:

Data storage
(soon) Escrow

Cheers

Graham

That's the way it has always been in technology. There is always someone first, but the goal is the be the loudest. Bill Gates actually purchased MS-Dos from another software company and made a TON of money off of it.  Some other company developed the OS and he still managed to come out on top.
legendary
Activity: 1092

Not sure why.

Services include:

Data storage
(soon) Escrow

Cheers

Graham

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
What if we make it so that servicenodes all together host a massive pool that everyone must use to mine. So the rewards all get split between every single miner.  Now that is decentralisation.

Now wait a minute... you said... "must use to mine"...

That I don't agree with.

Solo mining is 100% necessary and must always be possible because it's the main source of cryptographic security our network has (PoW).

We can think about a p2pool feature so that we give small miners a chance who normally wouldn't have a high probability of earning any SPR,
but the p2pool is not going to secure the network.
On the contrary, the network would need to secure the p2pool!

If our servicenode network is going to provide a p2pool then this pool will still have to be secured by the solo miners.
Where else is the security going to come from? The servicenode network can't secure itself.

The whole security behind the servicenode network depends on the solo miners. (as does everything in spreadcoin and most PoW cryptocoins)
Just to be clear, in a way, solo mining is the only mining method that really exists, even pool mining creates a block in a solo fashion after a block is found.
(a pool is just a middleman between miners and a "solo" created block)

So in the end the dependencies would look something like this:

This means that while p2pool miners can then earn some SPR, they won't really add any direct security benefit to the network (or improve decentralization).
Except that their activities will add value to servicenodes and solo mining and create incentives for users to invest in either one of them.

Increasing community participation (everybody gets to earn some milli SPR) will increase the overall value of our network!

And that's why this is a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
What if we make it so that servicenodes all together host a massive pool that everyone must use to mine. So the rewards all get split between every single miner.  Now that is decentralisation.

We discussed this idea a few months ago.

Once servicenode network is working securely and reliably, we would need to adapt a software similar to p2pool so that servicenodes become the defacto pool operators.

I think it could work, and would be decentralized.

So no problem with pools here, aslong as they are decentralized and have no single point of failure.
Jump to: