Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 217. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
Hi guys,

I've been out of touch with spreadcoin for a while, and would like to go how th coin is doing. Is there still some development going on? How about the masternodes/service nodes? did we get anything from there? When i "left" we were doing tests on masternodes, are there still some tests going on?

thanks a lot.
girino.

Hi girino,

Welcome back to the thread  Grin

You come by at an interesting time.  Things have taken longer than we planned but the model for decentralised service provision on the blockchain is still sound.

The devs are heads down working to get service nodes ready (end of this month is rough eta).  There is also a lot of other work going on in the background.  Chaositec is working on some tools to help make testnet sessions as efficient and informative as possible.  We've got a new block explorer too (spreadx.eu) and I'll hopefully be making an announcement about the launch of another small service in the next day or two.

In the meantime, minerpage is working on a revised OP to show how far the concept of the service layer has come in the last 9 months.  When service nodes come online, we'll start doing a little bit more PR.  We don't want to be cheerleading on here all day, we're not about the hype.

good to know. Let me know if there's something i can do to help test the new versions.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Hi guys,

I've been out of touch with spreadcoin for a while, and would like to go how th coin is doing. Is there still some development going on? How about the masternodes/service nodes? did we get anything from there? When i "left" we were doing tests on masternodes, are there still some tests going on?

thanks a lot.
girino.

Hi girino,

Welcome back to the thread  Grin

You come by at an interesting time.  Things have taken longer than we planned but the model for decentralised service provision on the blockchain is still sound.

The devs are heads down working to get service nodes ready (end of this month is rough eta).  There is also a lot of other work going on in the background.  Chaositec is working on some tools to help make testnet sessions as efficient and informative as possible.  We've got a new block explorer too (spreadx.eu) and I'll hopefully be making an announcement about the launch of another small service in the next day or two.

In the meantime, minerpage is working on a revised OP to show how far the concept of the service layer has come in the last 9 months.  When service nodes come online, we'll start doing a little bit more PR.  We don't want to be cheerleading on here all day, we're not about the hype.

Activity: 81
It was only the wind.
sia did that for both - and nvidia cards came out far worse than implementing cuda ...

but there you have it ...

#crysx

When did he do that?

I can only hope that NVidia's implementation of OpenCL has improved by now.

It's their unwillingness to participate in an open standard that makes their OpenCL implementation so "average".

the one miner ...

it is opencl and runs for both nvidia and amd based gpus ...

nvidia came out poorly in the trade off ...

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner ...

the algo is blake2b from what i understand ...

whether its their unwillingness or not - like microsoft and their ridiculous 'standards' as opposed to the 'real' standards - nvidia are the largest gpu manufacturer and developer in the world ...

so they build their own standard - which could be the crappiest coding on the planet ( jump in microsoft again ) but still maintain the number one position for the hardware and software working together ...

#crysx

It's Nvidia's fault. They wanna pretend they're Apple and not give a shit about interoperability, then it should be their problem.

EDIT: I dumped the signature2 kernel from my miner - it was triggering a bug in my other kernels and didn't really make sense to seperate anyways.

I see Wolf beat me too it but it was only about 3 maybe 6 months ago Nvidia started really supporting OpenCl but not the full version of it from my understanding. And Windows 10 with Nvidia is giving the main support. I am no where near a dev so you can look into it further if you like.

Their cards have supported OpenCL pretty much always - but only 1.0 or 1.1 - AMD has supported 1.2 for AGES, and 2.0 is out - they support that, as well.

Saved a metric shitton of GPU memory - how much depends on what you fed to the (fairly stupid) thread concurrency parameter. Now, to dump that param entirely (along with lookup gap, which does nothing for the algo and serves simply to determine how much memory you waste on useless allocation,) and then take a look at parallelism possibilities.

ok- but thats NOT what i was getting at ...

i dont like non-standardization as much as the next guy - BUT - the point of the matter is that we are STUCK with what we are given by nvidia ... just like STUCK with microsoft garbage for SO long ...

so irrelevant whose fault it is - its a matter of working with what we have ...

i totally agree with you both - i think nvidia should stop playing apple and microsoft and start playing oss properly ...

its such a pity amd drivers are a massive crap to install on systems as well ... the drivers and support for oss implementations are great - but the installation routines and support on that side suck the proverbials ... nvidia drivers install seamless ...

when there is a standar we can ALL work from ( yes i know - opencl IS out and available - before you both hammer me for saying this ) - AND companies 'conform' to the standards AND support them - then there will always be a rift in what software we can use for one or the other ...

so - irrespective of who is at fault - we are stuck with what we have with amd and nvidia and microsoft and linux ...

i just cant wait for the time when we can use ONE miner to do ALL the mining on ALL the os systems ... IF that ever happens of course Smiley ...

wolf - the code for spreadx11 has been hammered for ages and i know you have made some improvements / optimizations to it ... but how will it fare insofaras mining goes? ... is it better than the private miner sp distributes? ... which as you know is based on tsivs miner ( ccminer-spreadminer ) ...

im online now anyway - so available for a chat ...

#crysx

sp_ has never said what hashrates his miner gets, so... no idea.

wolf - im completely knackered right now ...

ill set the miner up tomorrow and let you have a go with it to see what it can actually do ...

remember that the spreadminer is an nvidia cuda based miner ... and it worked really well with nonce-pool also ...

anyway ... a little more work to do for me then hit the sack ...

#crysx

My maxwells gain is 8.75% compared to the public miner.

Does anyone have a hashrat example from 280X? I'd run it myself, but I'd rather not spend ages tuning for that kernel, and if I run both with same settings, it could turn out to be an unfair comparison.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
Hi guys,

thanks a lot.
girino.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Low volume trade on bittrex can you do something with this Dev? This coin is lack of interesting from people to puts their money on this coin..

Yes, things are quiet at the moment.  This is for a number of reasons.

The devs are very hard at work developing the overlay network (service nodes) and don't have much time to talk about it.

There is also a lot of work going into developing tools to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of testnet sessions. 

The rest of the team are looking at re-writing the OP to reflect the service and application aspect of the spreadcoin network. 

Consider this the quiet before the storm.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Low volume trade on bittrex can you do something with this Dev? This coin is lack of interesting from people to puts their money on this coin..
It was only the wind.
sia did that for both - and nvidia cards came out far worse than implementing cuda ...

#crysx

When did he do that?

It's their unwillingness to participate in an open standard that makes their OpenCL implementation so "average".

the one miner ...

whether its their unwillingness or not - like microsoft and their ridiculous 'standards' as opposed to the 'real' standards - nvidia are the largest gpu manufacturer and developer in the world ...

so they build their own standard - which could be the crappiest coding on the planet ( jump in microsoft again ) but still maintain the number one position for the hardware and software working together ...

#crysx

It's Nvidia's fault. They wanna pretend they're Apple and not give a shit about interoperability, then it should be their problem.

EDIT: I dumped the signature2 kernel from my miner - it was triggering a bug in my other kernels and didn't really make sense to seperate anyways.

I see Wolf beat me too it but it was only about 3 maybe 6 months ago Nvidia started really supporting OpenCl but not the full version of it from my understanding. And Windows 10 with Nvidia is giving the main support. I am no where near a dev so you can look into it further if you like.

Their cards have supported OpenCL pretty much always - but only 1.0 or 1.1 - AMD has supported 1.2 for AGES, and 2.0 is out - they support that, as well.

Saved a metric shitton of GPU memory - how much depends on what you fed to the (fairly stupid) thread concurrency parameter. Now, to dump that param entirely (along with lookup gap, which does nothing for the algo and serves simply to determine how much memory you waste on useless allocation,) and then take a look at parallelism possibilities.

ok- but thats NOT what i was getting at ...

i dont like non-standardization as much as the next guy - BUT - the point of the matter is that we are STUCK with what we are given by nvidia ... just like STUCK with microsoft garbage for SO long ...

so irrelevant whose fault it is - its a matter of working with what we have ...

i totally agree with you both - i think nvidia should stop playing apple and microsoft and start playing oss properly ...

its such a pity amd drivers are a massive crap to install on systems as well ... the drivers and support for oss implementations are great - but the installation routines and support on that side suck the proverbials ... nvidia drivers install seamless ...

when there is a standar we can ALL work from ( yes i know - opencl IS out and available - before you both hammer me for saying this ) - AND companies 'conform' to the standards AND support them - then there will always be a rift in what software we can use for one or the other ...

so - irrespective of who is at fault - we are stuck with what we have with amd and nvidia and microsoft and linux ...

i just cant wait for the time when we can use ONE miner to do ALL the mining on ALL the os systems ... IF that ever happens of course Smiley ...

wolf - the code for spreadx11 has been hammered for ages and i know you have made some improvements / optimizations to it ... but how will it fare insofaras mining goes? ... is it better than the private miner sp distributes? ... which as you know is based on tsivs miner ( ccminer-spreadminer ) ...

im online now anyway - so available for a chat ...

#crysx

sp_ has never said what hashrates his miner gets, so... no idea.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
I'm getting way too excited about testnet.  Stop leaving us hanging georgem!
legendary
Activity: 1504
Hello - Does anyone know how to solo mine without unlocking the wallet?  I always have to use the walletpassphrase feature and leave it unlocked.  Kinda defeats the purpose of an encrypted wallet.  Am I missing something?

in order to mine, the wallet needs to be unlocked, since the block you mine needs to be signed with your private key, there is no way around it, best course of action would be to have 1 wallet for your coins, and another one for mining.

Ah ok - I never had a password on my wallet until recently - this is why I am confused.  No matter I will leave it on unlock.  Thank you kindly.
It was only the wind.

#crysx

When did he do that?

the one miner ...

#crysx

legendary
Activity: 1358
Hello - Does anyone know how to solo mine without unlocking the wallet?  I always have to use the walletpassphrase feature and leave it unlocked.  Kinda defeats the purpose of an encrypted wallet.  Am I missing something?

in order to mine, the wallet needs to be unlocked, since the block you mine needs to be signed with your private key, there is no way around it, best course of action would be to have 1 wallet for your coins, and another one for mining.
legendary
Activity: 1504
It was only the wind.

#crysx

When did he do that?

the one miner ...

#crysx

legendary
Activity: 1358
New Spreadcoin Block Explorer

I'm pleased to announce that spreadx.eu is now live.

I'll be adding network statistics and service node status checking in due course.

Many thanks to Chaositec for doing the grown up bits!
Awesome!
I noticed only last 100 transactions are available per address, but I guess it's still work in progress...

ill fix that

ill set it to automatically check once a week, so sometimes next week, it will have a max of 500 indexed per address. we can later revisit this in the future.

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

Awesome block explorer, love the API, will use it asap in a SPR ticker  Cool
legendary
Decentralize Everything

I'll be adding network statistics and service node status checking in due course.

Awesome!
I noticed only last 100 transactions are available per address, but I guess it's still work in progress...

Yup, we've got it set to 100 at the moment (the default for Iquidus).  I'll look to increasing the limit and reindexing at some point in the future.
Activity: 271
Merit: 251

Awesome!
legendary
Decentralize Everything

Activity: 271
Merit: 251
Does anybody know any SPR addresses that were used by MrSpread?

We followed several of them for a while. MrSpread lost access to his mined coins and several people donated about what he lost. The addresses are around somewhere if you want me to dig them out.

if you have them - yes please ...

#crysx

"Sfakp1H9msXAohGmnb2T7NWrtcBdwSxbid": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},
    "Sfj7CRRDetVRwztPMiKmC1bpjTaWKE7og3": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},
    "SQywGv9woKnvKRtrmbAQFzcZoQEx15vXQq": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},
    "SivziBM1qtAPMGn2FmAfzkuSqmFfut9zcf": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},
    "SUyJUjU9dtJnWFg6BeLonGQRaQfBSG979C": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},
    "SS2aRn8FLn7BR62Decbi3UQzRE8asPpSe7": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},

most where cashed out in april 2015

Is your explorer still playing catch-up?

SS2aRn8FLn7BR62Decbi3UQzRE8asPpSe7 =dead

Right, bounty claimed. God knows what it was.

Yup, it is still indexing.  We thought it indexed yesterday but it was just pretending (!)

Should be ready in the next 24 hours or so.

I'm fairly sure the bounty was 50SPR...that's what I told chaositec anyway  Grin

50 it is. Sod it, I'll round it up to 500

I've already paid him 5 so you only have to pay him 00SPR.
Nah, you don't have to - it will be all in the block explorer anyway...
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Does anybody know any SPR addresses that were used by MrSpread?

We followed several of them for a while. MrSpread lost access to his mined coins and several people donated about what he lost. The addresses are around somewhere if you want me to dig them out.

if you have them - yes please ...

#crysx

"Sfakp1H9msXAohGmnb2T7NWrtcBdwSxbid": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},
    "Sfj7CRRDetVRwztPMiKmC1bpjTaWKE7og3": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},
    "SQywGv9woKnvKRtrmbAQFzcZoQEx15vXQq": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},
    "SivziBM1qtAPMGn2FmAfzkuSqmFfut9zcf": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},
    "SUyJUjU9dtJnWFg6BeLonGQRaQfBSG979C": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},
    "SS2aRn8FLn7BR62Decbi3UQzRE8asPpSe7": {"label": "Mr. Spread", "type": "primary", "url":""},

most where cashed out in april 2015

Is your explorer still playing catch-up?

SS2aRn8FLn7BR62Decbi3UQzRE8asPpSe7 =dead

Right, bounty claimed. God knows what it was.

Yup, it is still indexing.  We thought it indexed yesterday but it was just pretending (!)

Should be ready in the next 24 hours or so.

I'm fairly sure the bounty was 50SPR...that's what I told chaositec anyway  Grin

50 it is. Sod it, I'll round it up to 500

I've already paid him 5 so you only have to pay him 00SPR.
Jump to: