Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 219. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
where we can find the miner for 280x (4Mhs) share a link please

Wolf0 (wink, wink) does not share links.

wolf creates and codes the optimizations himself ...

you can buy these private optimizations IF he is willing to sell them ...

otherwise - its for his own use ...

contact him - you never know ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
forum and official website is down for an hour or so.

scheduled maintenance by the hoster.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Wolf0 (wink, wink) does not share links.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
sp-mod@GTX970 default clocks, 4.3MH/s...
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

sp_ has never said what hashrates his miner gets, so... no idea.

wolf - im completely knackered right now ...

ill set the miner up tomorrow and let you have a go with it to see what it can actually do ...

remember that the spreadminer is an nvidia cuda based miner ... and it worked really well with nonce-pool also ...

anyway ... a little more work to do for me then hit the sack ...

#crysx

My maxwells gain is 8.75% compared to the public miner.

Does anyone have a hashrat example from 280X? I'd run it myself, but I'd rather not spend ages tuning for that kernel, and if I run both with same settings, it could turn out to be an unfair comparison.

My start in the mining world was with 280x and 750ti. 280x(MSI gaming) was making 2Mh with the public miner. I don't remember if it was OCed to 1100MHz or default 1020MHz. 750ti OC + sp makes something over 1.9Mh. The 750ti without an additional pcie power connector makes something between 1.8-1.85Mh.

4.16MH/s on 280X so far.

Thats a whole lot better than my 1.3 MH/s  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
So for the stats , I gain 4.8MH on my gtx 970 with SP's private miner...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
legendary

ill set the miner up tomorrow and let you have a go with it to see what it can actually do ...

remember that the spreadminer is an nvidia cuda based miner ... and it worked really well with nonce-pool also ...

#crysx

Does anyone have a hashrat example from 280X? I'd run it myself, but I'd rather not spend ages tuning for that kernel, and if I run both with same settings, it could turn out to be an unfair comparison.

My start in the mining world was with 280x and 750ti. 280x(MSI gaming) was making 2Mh with the public miner. I don't remember if it was OCed to 1100MHz or default 1020MHz. 750ti OC + sp makes something over 1.9Mh. The 750ti without an additional pcie power connector makes something between 1.8-1.85Mh.

4.16MH/s on 280X so far.

that is one hell of a boost mate ...

great work ...

#crysx

#crysx

sia did that for both - and nvidia cards came out far worse than implementing cuda ...

but there you have it ...

#crysx

When did he do that?

I can only hope that NVidia's implementation of OpenCL has improved by now.

It's their unwillingness to participate in an open standard that makes their OpenCL implementation so "average".

the one miner ...

it is opencl and runs for both nvidia and amd based gpus ...

nvidia came out poorly in the trade off ...

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner ...

the algo is blake2b from what i understand ...

whether its their unwillingness or not - like microsoft and their ridiculous 'standards' as opposed to the 'real' standards - nvidia are the largest gpu manufacturer and developer in the world ...

so they build their own standard - which could be the crappiest coding on the planet ( jump in microsoft again ) but still maintain the number one position for the hardware and software working together ...

#crysx

It's Nvidia's fault. They wanna pretend they're Apple and not give a shit about interoperability, then it should be their problem.

EDIT: I dumped the signature2 kernel from my miner - it was triggering a bug in my other kernels and didn't really make sense to seperate anyways.

I see Wolf beat me too it but it was only about 3 maybe 6 months ago Nvidia started really supporting OpenCl but not the full version of it from my understanding. And Windows 10 with Nvidia is giving the main support. I am no where near a dev so you can look into it further if you like.

Their cards have supported OpenCL pretty much always - but only 1.0 or 1.1 - AMD has supported 1.2 for AGES, and 2.0 is out - they support that, as well.

Saved a metric shitton of GPU memory - how much depends on what you fed to the (fairly stupid) thread concurrency parameter. Now, to dump that param entirely (along with lookup gap, which does nothing for the algo and serves simply to determine how much memory you waste on useless allocation,) and then take a look at parallelism possibilities.

ok- but thats NOT what i was getting at ...

i dont like non-standardization as much as the next guy - BUT - the point of the matter is that we are STUCK with what we are given by nvidia ... just like STUCK with microsoft garbage for SO long ...

so irrelevant whose fault it is - its a matter of working with what we have ...

i totally agree with you both - i think nvidia should stop playing apple and microsoft and start playing oss properly ...

its such a pity amd drivers are a massive crap to install on systems as well ... the drivers and support for oss implementations are great - but the installation routines and support on that side suck the proverbials ... nvidia drivers install seamless ...

when there is a standar we can ALL work from ( yes i know - opencl IS out and available - before you both hammer me for saying this ) - AND companies 'conform' to the standards AND support them - then there will always be a rift in what software we can use for one or the other ...

so - irrespective of who is at fault - we are stuck with what we have with amd and nvidia and microsoft and linux ...

i just cant wait for the time when we can use ONE miner to do ALL the mining on ALL the os systems ... IF that ever happens of course Smiley ...

wolf - the code for spreadx11 has been hammered for ages and i know you have made some improvements / optimizations to it ... but how will it fare insofaras mining goes? ... is it better than the private miner sp distributes? ... which as you know is based on tsivs miner ( ccminer-spreadminer ) ...

im online now anyway - so available for a chat ...

#crysx

#crysx

legendary
sia did that for both - and nvidia cards came out far worse than implementing cuda ...

#crysx

When did he do that?

It's their unwillingness to participate in an open standard that makes their OpenCL implementation so "average".

the one miner ...

whether its their unwillingness or not - like microsoft and their ridiculous 'standards' as opposed to the 'real' standards - nvidia are the largest gpu manufacturer and developer in the world ...

so they build their own standard - which could be the crappiest coding on the planet ( jump in microsoft again ) but still maintain the number one position for the hardware and software working together ...

#crysx

It's Nvidia's fault. They wanna pretend they're Apple and not give a shit about interoperability, then it should be their problem.

EDIT: I dumped the signature2 kernel from my miner - it was triggering a bug in my other kernels and didn't really make sense to seperate anyways.

I see Wolf beat me too it but it was only about 3 maybe 6 months ago Nvidia started really supporting OpenCl but not the full version of it from my understanding. And Windows 10 with Nvidia is giving the main support. I am no where near a dev so you can look into it further if you like.

Their cards have supported OpenCL pretty much always - but only 1.0 or 1.1 - AMD has supported 1.2 for AGES, and 2.0 is out - they support that, as well.

Saved a metric shitton of GPU memory - how much depends on what you fed to the (fairly stupid) thread concurrency parameter. Now, to dump that param entirely (along with lookup gap, which does nothing for the algo and serves simply to determine how much memory you waste on useless allocation,) and then take a look at parallelism possibilities.

i dont like non-standardization as much as the next guy - BUT - the point of the matter is that we are STUCK with what we are given by nvidia ... just like STUCK with microsoft garbage for SO long ...

i totally agree with you both - i think nvidia should stop playing apple and microsoft and start playing oss properly ...

its such a pity amd drivers are a massive crap to install on systems as well ... the drivers and support for oss implementations are great - but the installation routines and support on that side suck the proverbials ... nvidia drivers install seamless ...

when there is a standar we can ALL work from ( yes i know - opencl IS out and available - before you both hammer me for saying this ) - AND companies 'conform' to the standards AND support them - then there will always be a rift in what software we can use for one or the other ...

so - irrespective of who is at fault - we are stuck with what we have with amd and nvidia and microsoft and linux ...

i just cant wait for the time when we can use ONE miner to do ALL the mining on ALL the os systems ... IF that ever happens of course Smiley ...

wolf - the code for spreadx11 has been hammered for ages and i know you have made some improvements / optimizations to it ... but how will it fare insofaras mining goes? ... is it better than the private miner sp distributes? ... which as you know is based on tsivs miner ( ccminer-spreadminer ) ...

#crysx

#crysx
legendary

#crysx

When did he do that?

the one miner ...

#crysx

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1400

#crysx

When did he do that?

the one miner ...

#crysx

legendary

#crysx

When did he do that?

the one miner ...

#crysx
legendary
spreadcoin.info

#crysx

When did he do that?

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
I've been creating new chains in my test environment over the last few weeks just to learn some SPR basics.  It has been really useful although I have no idea about the chatter between nodes.

I recommend you download WireShark and let it display only the port used by your chain.

Code:
tcp.port == PORT_NUMBER

It's pretty easy and you'll get an idea about how the nodes communicate.
It'll show you the actual HEX Bytes that are received and sent.

Cheers!  Will give that a go when I get back home.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I've been creating new chains in my test environment over the last few weeks just to learn some SPR basics.  It has been really useful although I have no idea about the chatter between nodes.

I recommend you download WireShark and let it display only the port used by your chain.

Code:
tcp.port == PORT_NUMBER

It's pretty easy and you'll get an idea about how the nodes communicate.
It'll show you the actual HEX Bytes that are received and sent.
legendary
the miner ( ccminer-spmod ) is cuda based - so its different from the sgminer opencl mining ... but i guess they would have to process the same when mining spreadx11 ...

it would be interesting to see how much faster that miner could go with spreadx11 ... based on tsivs version - it would be nice to see it flying again ...

i have never been able to get sgminer to run ... though i havent tried in the last year ... maybe time to fire up a build and see what happens ...

#crysx

I was thinking about extending OpenCL to both AMD and NVidia cards, and not use CUDA at all.
I am not sure though how good NVidia will perform with OpenCL, but it should work.

If we want to create an in-wallet GPU miner we need an open standard, and it will be much easier to accomplish with OpenCL only.

#crysx
Jump to: