Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 89. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Just to let you guys know, I'm still here, and am looking forward to the future of Spreadcoin.
I still have a couple thousand Spreadcoins and I might buy quite a bit more than that in a few months.

Anyway, keep up the great development Georgem.

Thanks, great you are still around.

And with a hilariously fitting slogan under your avatar:

"We just have to wait".

Cheesy

Yep, but not much longer...
Ni dieu ni maître
Just to let you guys know, I'm still here, and am looking forward to the future of Spreadcoin.
I still have a couple thousand Spreadcoins and I might buy quite a bit more than that in a few months.

I did some Darkcoin mining tests using those AWS instances back in 2014. I can't remember the figures but the X11 mining performance was very poor.    

Gang's all here!  Cheesy

Glad you're both still lingering.

Yea, I don't think I'm going to bother with the cloud mining. If I were to do it, I would only want to see that I could get it up and running and then would stop the instance before it burned a hole in my wallet. It's something I'll toy around with when I have more time.

Setting in buy orders is still the best way for me to get ahold of more SPR.
legendary
The only time I think you can make decent returns on cloud mining is with CPU coins and only if you have a lot of discount codes and / or you have a private miner.

Hiring GPU's is often a better alternative to cloud mining. Tell the miner owner your algo and they do most of the hard work for you.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
From an initial glance at pricing I would have to pay somewhere around 8 cents / hour for a g2.8xlarge (g2.8xlarge: 60 GiB memory, 4 x NVIDIA GRID GPU (Kepler GK104), 240 GB of local instance storage, 64-bit platform).... I don't know how much this would produce in terms of hashing power.

If someone could give me an idea of how much hashing power it would have I could do some quick profitability calculations but after looking further into it, I think there will be a steep learning curve. By the time I figure it all out the difficulty level will probably be back to "normal."

I did some Darkcoin mining tests using those AWS instances back in 2014. I can't remember the figures but the X11 mining performance was very poor.   
Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

Hey, e1ghtSpace

How is sunny Australia?

If you can get an interview with Craig Wright (I think he lives in Sydney) and have him talking about SPR for about 15 minutes on your YouTube channel, I'm sure we can get a 5,000 SPR bounty together   Grin

Seriously, good to see you around these parts again  Cool

ditto mate ...

im in gold coast now - but hi ya anyway ...

as for craig - what a dumbass ...

im always here - always watching - occasionally commenting ... and as for mining ... ahem ...

#crysx
legendary

Hey, e1ghtSpace

How is sunny Australia?

If you can get an interview with Craig Wright (I think he lives in Sydney) and have him talking about SPR for about 15 minutes on your YouTube channel, I'm sure we can get a 5,000 SPR bounty together   Grin

Seriously, good to see you around these parts again  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

Ni dieu ni maître

Thanks! I actually mis-quoted the prices haha. I see now it looks like 34 cents per hour for the multi-GPU one (I was looking at the single GPU instance). So ~ 9 dollars per day. I would have to be receiving 5 percent of the entire reward to break even which is about 11 mh/s at current levels.

I was curious about the 8cents, but I figured you might have some discount codes or something like a promo incentive.

There actually are people who sell AWS credits that you can buy at a steep discount. (i.e. 200 bucks of AWS credit for like 75 dollars - cheaper at least not sure by how much.) They're on ebay, but I didn't want to buy one before I had the process set up to begin mining. Getting those discount codes on ebay may be something to keep in mind for service node hosting.
legendary
From an initial glance at pricing I would have to pay somewhere around 8 cents / hour for a g2.8xlarge (g2.8xlarge: 60 GiB memory, 4 x NVIDIA GRID GPU (Kepler GK104), 240 GB of local instance storage, 64-bit platform).... I don't know how much this would produce in terms of hashing power.

If someone could give me an idea of how much hashing power it would have I could do some quick profitability calculations but after looking further into it, I think there will be a steep learning curve. By the time I figure it all out the difficulty level will probably be back to "normal."

I think those GPUs are designed for data centres. They will be small and weak individually, but it looks like you're getting 4 to compensate. So you probably won't get any feedback on what they can deliver.

At 8 cents a day its worth trying it out for a week.

Nice hash is a cloud mining firm (never tried them) which has some info

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=software

Another good resource for general mining info
http://cryptomining-blog.com

Amph is a top miner, he might be able to point you in he right direction.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/amph-99297

Thanks! I actually mis-quoted the prices haha. I see now it looks like 34 cents per hour for the multi-GPU one (I was looking at the single GPU instance). So ~ 9 dollars per day. I would have to be receiving 5 percent of the entire reward to break even which is about 11 mh/s at current levels.

I was curious about the 8cents, but I figured you might have some discount codes or something like a promo incentive.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
i remember doing somthing like that a couple years ago.
someone posted instructions on how to mine primecoin
using a free trial months instance(s) of DigitalOcean.
so yeah im sure it can be done, lot of command line stuff and such, mind you.
and i myself never got it running.
try googling around.

There are a few threads which have some information on it. If I do it just by googling it will result in a trial and error process that will take quite a while for me to succeed... though I'm sure I would learn quite a bit in the process.

Here are some of the threads - it is possible, I just need to figure out how to do it for Spreadcoin using command line.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/howto-mining-on-amazon-ec2-cluster-gpu-instance-8405

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/aws-amazon-gpu-for-mining-929134 (Looks like Wolf0 and Amph might know how to do it but I haven't seen them around here in quite a while)

and: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mining-on-amazon-ec2-scrypt-or-btc-169377

I think if I were able to get it up and running it would provide quite a bit of hash power. Maybe at this difficulty it would be profitable.

Anyways, congrats on the new card... though, I think that a larger congratulations will be in order once your neighbor leaves the neighborhood. She sounds awful lol

well from scanning those threads its seems what i thought is confirmed. i.e no profit in mining on a cloud computing service.
unless its a new coin and/or you know how to code a private miner that hashes faster than anything publicly available.
i got a chuckle outta wolfs  reply to this post...

"Is it (the cpu miner) profitable for now?"

(wolf0) "Of course not - the miner has been released. When the miner was 3x faster than anything else, it was amazingly profitable."

wa wa waaah!

Ni dieu ni maître

I think those GPUs are designed for data centres. They will be small and weak individually, but it looks like you're getting 4 to compensate. So you probably won't get any feedback on what they can deliver.

Activity: 594
Merit: 500
Blockchain entrepreneur✔

Some news about the Spread service node dev.?

legendary

Ni dieu ni maître

Ni dieu ni maître
try googling around.

There are a few threads which have some information on it. If I do it just by googling it will result in a trial and error process that will take quite a while for me to succeed... though I'm sure I would learn quite a bit in the process.

Here are some of the threads - it is possible, I just need to figure out how to do it for Spreadcoin using command line.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/howto-mining-on-amazon-ec2-cluster-gpu-instance-8405

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/aws-amazon-gpu-for-mining-929134 (Looks like Wolf0 and Amph might know how to do it but I haven't seen them around here in quite a while)

and: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mining-on-amazon-ec2-scrypt-or-btc-169377

I think if I were able to get it up and running it would provide quite a bit of hash power. Maybe at this difficulty it would be profitable.

Anyways, congrats on the new card... though, I think that a larger congratulations will be in order once your neighbor leaves the neighborhood. She sounds awful lol
legendary
born once atheist
just upgraded my gtx750ti spread miner to a 1050ti. 

fed-ex  erroneously delivered it to my neighbor who promptly ripped open the box expecting her new hair dryer.I wonder if she thought the fan looked rather small for drying ones hair before realizing she didn't read the name on box.
her..."sorry, heres your package...what is that  anyway,is it a computer thingy?"
me .."oh its a graphics card, I use it to mine altcoins that I trade for bitcoins"
her..."you actually believe all that silly bitcoin stuff? I hear its all a scam,hah hah hah!"
me .."well ......ahhhh nevermind,yeah,its a computer thingy! (eye roll)

Anyway not to get too far off topic...
will be pointing the new card back to spreadcoin as soon as this zcash thing dies down a bit more.
legendary
born once atheist
lol and i suddenly own more than 30 % of whole nethash Cheesy

That's really decentralized!  Undecided

This whole zcash thing definitely sapped our miners away. I don't even know if mining SPR at these prices is very profitable - is it?

i cannot tell a lie,
i got sapped.  
i had to jump on the equihash (zcash algo) bandwagon . the profit was just too tempting.
ill be right back on Spread as soon as the hype dies down.

Don't blame you mate lol.

Actually, I might want to test something out. Does anyone know if it's possible how to set up a gpu instance on amazon or some other web service company and download Spreadcoin mining software EDIT: and is willing to share?

I'm not sure it will be profitable, but I'm not concerned with costs. I think I have some Amazon gift cards - maybe they'll work for this.

This is just something to keep me occupied. Let me know if anyone has any idea on how to do this, please
try googling around.
legendary
So back around March or April 2014 I proposed the idea of running Master Nodes as a Service:

I also floated the idea of running nodes as a service i.e. paying someone to run them for you and paying them a % fee...

Fast forward and there is a thriving industry doing just that.  A significant proportion (guessing at well over 65%) of the ~4,200 DASH master node network is operated through third parties who take a percentage fee from the gains made by master node owners.

So DSDN is building on some of the ideas I had back in 2014, but we also have quite a bit of evidence that this feature could generate decent returns both for node operators and the underlying block chains / miners, such as SPR and Bitcoin miners.
Pages:
Jump to: