Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 236. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
You just hate competition...

I for one love both coins, and think they will be of benefit to each other.

Actually, I love competition and so far, SPR isn't a threat (it doesn't have the network, the hash power, the market cap, the team size (talent pool), the distribution, the volume, and the innovation that DRK already has). Should Mr. Spread create some sort of improvement, I know Evan will use it, but I'm still waiting.

What I do hate is not giving credit where credit is due and the naive nature of nearly everyone in here. I'm going back to lurking until more BS is spewed.

All SourceCode that was written by Evan Duffield is still marked as such. What other attribution (or shall I say glorification) do you need?
And I say "you", I am not adressing anyone else of the darkcoin community (which has a lot of awesome guys and gals)
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
So far, this is nothing more than a glorified clone. The no-pool thing is gimmicky without standing the test of time in terms of whether or not this really will prevent creative pools from mining. Besides, isn't there a miner (or group of miners) that control in excess of 20% of the existing network hash. How is that decentralized?

Hmmm...

Further, the current distribution coupled with lack of volume only indicates that when the masternodes do come into play, it's going to remain incredibly centralized with only a handful of parties involved. When you have people owning in excess of 7% of the outstanding coins, you have problems.

There are at least 4 people that I know of who each own more than or close to 7% of all DRK, but only one is left in the rich list as the others have split it up to run Masternodes. Hundreds, each.

What was your point again?

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

Actually, I love competition and so far, SPR isn't a threat (it doesn't have the network, the hash power, the market cap, the team size (talent pool), the distribution, the volume, and the innovation that DRK already has). Should Mr. Spread create some sort of improvement, I know Evan will use it, but I'm still waiting.

What I do hate is not giving credit where credit is due and the naive nature of nearly everyone in here. I'm going back to lurking until more BS is spewed.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Again, you don't even have masternodes setup as a network to provide tx locking. Are you really going to want tx locking on say 50 masternodes? 100? How many is enough to actually provide viable consensus? People keep talking like IX is right around the corner here, maybe it is, but I question sensibility without any pre-existing infrastructure to support its design. Lots of dreamers here, that's for sure.

Why dreamers?

Darkcoin made a powerful masternode network happen in just one year, and this with the quite hefty price tag of 1000 DRK per MN.

SPR masternodes will be more flexible, both in price and in installation requirements.

Plus, the darkcoin people will probably be most interested in running a DRK and SPR masternode side by side... why shouldn't they, if they already have the infrastructure in place?
Sounds like a nice additional profit without any large expenses.

So far, this is nothing more than a glorified clone. The no-pool thing is gimmicky without standing the test of time (test of time? Like the 12 months of darkcoin? Cryptos are a very young technology!) in terms of whether or not this really will prevent creative pools from mining. Besides, isn't there a miner (or group of miners) that control in excess of 20% of the existing network hash. How is that decentralized? Further, the current distribution coupled with lack of volume only indicates that when the masternodes do come into play, it's going to remain incredibly centralized with only a handful of parties involved.(who's that darkcoin guy again who owns 100 Masternodes?)  
When you have people owning in excess of 7% of the outstanding coins, you have problems (baseless assumption). Evan has already done the heavy lifting here (what about satoshi? who we still owe atleast 95% of all our code?), IX code is out on github and has been since November (iirc). People seem to make it seem like Mr. Spread is superior to Evan in terms of ability when there hasn't been anything truly innovative here. The SpreadX11 came from a mistake in playing with the blocktemplate which is currently the sole selling point of this coin (do you just make that up?). Did he find a potential vulnerability in DRK, sure, but if you have enough eyes looking at various areas of the codebase, (yes, but remember that eduffield went closed source for the first 6 or 7 months, that's why you see bugs found only NOW and not already months ago) you're bound to find bugs and the likes on new code that isn't even a year old. When Mr. Spread actually does something innovative besides taking code that Evan and team has already designed, then I will be interested. (darkcoin's masternode model is NOT suitable for spreadcoin, that's why we need to adjust it accordingly) Until then, its a glorified clone with a gimmicky idea that hasn't stood the test of time in terms of viability. (Then come back in a year or so, why blame a coin for "not standing the test of time" when it is just 6 months old. lol.)

Now bring on the haterade. (look who's talking)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Again, you don't even have masternodes setup as a network to provide tx locking. Are you really going to want tx locking on say 50 masternodes? 100? How many is enough to actually provide viable consensus? People keep talking like IX is right around the corner here, maybe it is, but I question sensibility without any pre-existing infrastructure to support its design. Lots of dreamers here, that's for sure.

Why dreamers?

Darkcoin made a powerful masternode network happen in just one year, and this with the quite hefty price tag of 1000 DRK per MN.

SPR masternodes will be more flexible, both in price and in installation requirements.

Plus, the darkcoin people will probably be most interested in running a DRK and SPR masternode side by side... why shouldn't they, if they already have the infrastructure in place?

So far, this is nothing more than a glorified clone. The no-pool thing is gimmicky without standing the test of time in terms of whether or not this really will prevent creative pools from mining. Further, the current distribution coupled with lack of volume only indicates that when the masternodes do come into play, it's going to remain incredibly centralized with only a handful of parties involved. When you have people owning in excess of 7% of the outstanding coins, you have problems. Evan has already done the heavy lifting here, IX code is out on github and has been since November (iirc). People seem to make it seem like Mr. Spread is superior to Evan in terms of ability when there hasn't been anything truly innovative here. The SpreadX11 came from a mistake in playing with the blocktemplate which is currently the sole selling point of this coin. Did he find a potential vulnerability in DRK, sure, but if you have enough eyes looking at various areas of the codebase, you're bound to find bugs and the likes on new code that isn't even a year old. When Mr. Spread actually does something innovative besides taking code that Evan and team has already designed, then I will be interested. Until then, its a glorified clone with a gimmicky idea that hasn't stood the test of time in terms of viability.

Now bring on the haterade.
Yeah,man ,perhaps you are right,solo-mining is just like cpu-only stuff,it's just a matter of time to crack it.But that's good ,it means SPR has grown up.
legendary

Why dreamers?

So far, this is nothing more than a glorified clone. The no-pool thing is gimmicky without standing the test of time in terms of whether or not this really will prevent creative pools from mining. Besides, isn't there a miner (or group of miners) that control in excess of 20% of the existing network hash. How is that decentralized? Further, the current distribution coupled with lack of volume only indicates that when the masternodes do come into play, it's going to remain incredibly centralized with only a handful of parties involved. When you have people owning in excess of 7% of the outstanding coins, you have problems. Evan has already done the heavy lifting here, IX code is out on github and has been since November (iirc). People make it seem like Mr. Spread is superior to Evan in terms of ability when there hasn't been anything truly innovative here. The SpreadX11 came from a mistake in playing with the blocktemplate which is currently the sole selling point of this coin. Did he find a potential vulnerability in DRK, sure, but if you have enough eyes looking at various areas of the codebase, you're bound to find bugs and the likes on new code that isn't even a year old. When Mr. Spread actually does something innovative besides taking code that Evan and team has already designed, then I will be interested. Until then, its a glorified clone with a gimmicky idea that hasn't stood the test of time in terms of viability.

Now bring on the haterade.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Why dreamers?

legendary
InstantX may going to be our nuclear-weapon, if it gets implemented before dark and we get significant coverage in coindesk and other leading medias.

lol, you don't even have a network (let alone even structure of masternodes) and you're talking about IX. LMFAO.

Darkcoin has even had InstantTX running in testnet.  I've sent a few ITXs myself.

Who knows though, maybe Mr Spread has a better way to do it up his sleeve and will beat Darkcoin to it.

I highly doubt it.

SPR nodes are not even in testnet yet.

Mr Spread is dealing with a cleaner and simpler system than Darkcoin. There are only two moving parts (regular clients and Masternodes) not three like Darkcoin (pools also) and no Darksend code to worry about yet. Consensus transaction locking is a relatively straightforward concept (not to knock the genius of coming up with the idea in the first place, sometimes the most brilliant ideas are obvious in hindsight) but the devil as always is in the details. It will be interesting to see if and how Mr Spread's implementation of IX differs from Evan's.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
InstantX may going to be our nuclear-weapon, if it gets implemented before dark and we get significant coverage in coindesk and other leading medias.

lol, you don't even have a network (let alone even structure of masternodes) and you're talking about IX. LMFAO.

Darkcoin has even had InstantTX running in testnet.  I've sent a few ITXs myself.

Who knows though, maybe Mr Spread has a better way to do it up his sleeve and will beat Darkcoin to it.

I highly doubt it.

Mr Spread is dealing with a cleaner and simpler system than Darkcoin. There are only two moving parts (regular clients and Masternodes) not three like Darkcoin (pools also) and no Darksend code to worry about yet. Consensus transaction locking is a relatively straightforward concept (not to knock the genius of coming up with the idea in the first place, sometimes the most brilliant ideas are obvious in hindsight) but the devil as always is in the details. It will be interesting to see if and how Mr Spread's implementation of IX differs from Evan's.
yeah,simplicity and decentralization are the philosophy of Spreadcoin design~

So where does Mr. Spread's philosophical 80k/ 1300+ block instamine fit in all this ? Has anyone checked up on it lately ?

Will you be just as understanding if/when pools start privkey mining ? (As if they haven't already.)
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
I think it's time to try to add SpreadCoin in a market.  Smiley

https://dogeoutlet.com/doge/currencies

This is a good partnership, and can benefit everyone.
Let's try?  Wink

Market addition is a good option.
Activity: 189
I think it's time to try to add SpreadCoin in a market.  Smiley

https://dogeoutlet.com/doge/currencies

This is a good partnership, and can benefit everyone.
Let's try?  Wink

Darkcoin has even had InstantTX running in testnet.  I've sent a few ITXs myself.

I highly doubt it.

yeah,simplicity and decentralization are the philosophy of Spreadcoin design~
legendary
Activity: 966

I highly doubt it.

I highly doubt it.

Everything will be verified next week end,it wont take long ,let's see~ Grin
legendary
Activity: 1092

I highly doubt it.

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

legendary
spreadcoin.info
I did the same...I explained the coin and linked to relevant posts.  Might tweet Big Vern too for the neck of it...

Nice, please do tweet him!

Cryptsy informed me that they submitted my coin request to the development team (I guess they tell that to everybody, but let's see what happens).
legendary
spreadcoin.info
some suggestions for price stabilization

We don't need to look after price stabilization. Only centralized schemes need to take action to "stabilize a price". We are not Ben Bernanke nor Janet Yellen.
Stabilization will follow naturally if we keep growin organically.

2. Cut the supply.  presently around 9000cns/day. At 41k sathoshi- daily 3.69 btc  to be pumped into market to get price stable, currently with few people aware of spr, it is not possible for a long time. so cutting coin supply to around 3000 would be better considering supply of btc/day.

Cutting the supply (if successful) benefits early investors but it punishes new ones, this is only short term thinking to pump and dump a coin.
Not gonna happen. The coin supply follows a well defined deflationary formula. We are not going to adjust that (with a fork!!!) just to "please" early investors.
This coin is not here to "please" investors.
If this coin continues to be succesfull this should be enough profit for any investor (not just the early ones).

3.Pump spr to around 2-5 usd and (at this stage it can easily done with few btcs ) and getting into more exchanges like cryptsy, bter etc, do some promotions to get more daily investors to keep price stable at 2 usd, with in turn attracts more miners and step one can be achieved.
Promoting this coin is essential. But nobody needs to be told that, everybody knows that's the next step.
If you want to help this coin, buy it yourself, don't tell other people to pump.  Cheesy

idea of no-pools is a good one, which may be a greater factor for long term adoption, but altcoin market changes every day, new technology arrives each time, so we need to compete with them, so price is a major factor for to compete with, rather than die prematurely.[consider darkcoin-They are innovative at the same time with decent price]
Edit: i think step 2 to be seriously considered because it takes around four years to reach 4725 coins/day

This coin is not merely about no-pools, it is about true decentralization in general. Everything this coin does will increase decentralization and decrease centralization.
That's why we are reinventing masternodes to serve decentralization/competition, we don't just clone darkcoin.

Your step 2 is wrong on many levels, since new miners want to earn more coins per block, not less!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I did the same...I explained the coin and linked to relevant posts.  Might tweet Big Vern too for the neck of it...

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Hey all I sent another request to Cryptsy today.  My third actually.  
If we bombard them with requests they should add us!  This community is growing and we should be taken seriously. No?

Good idea!

I just did the same. I told them about our growing community, that we have our own forum, and that we have a steady volume of 1000-2000 $ at bittrex.

Let's keep motivating them, they will add us sooner or later.

Jump to: