Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 255. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Won't mine SpreadX11.

What is the difference between SpreadX11 and normal X11?

Requires each block to be signed with the miner's private key.

Aha, I thought there would be a difference in the hashing algorithms?

There IS. That is the difference.

Alright, I get it.

"signing a key" IS the same as "hashing"....
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Here is how GUI for masternodes will look like:

Checkboxes are only for your masternodes, they allow you to start or stop your masternode (of course you will also be able to do it with speadcoin.conf).
Other useful information is also shown, e.g. deposit amount and time before next payment for each masternode.
Addresses don't start with S because this is testnet.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Won't mine SpreadX11.

Aha, I thought there would be a difference in the hashing algorithms?

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
dis coin is spreading like a virus !  Shocked
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
Won't mine SpreadX11.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Won't mine SpreadX11.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I don't understand what stops pools from signing the blocks with one address regardless who found the block and credit miners based on the hashrate counted i.e. pseudo-shares?

They can. The thing is, the miners can also steal blocks, because to hash, they must prove the ability to spend the coinbase tx.

Got it, since miners must submit the blocks with the same private key. Very interesting.

Hey guys, would it be possible to create a pool like this;

Each miner mines to a separate address. The pool (and the miner obviously) knows the private key.
The pool has insurance of lets say, 15 spr in a separate address for each miner. The insurance needs to be paid by the miner before he starts mining.

The miner submits shares and once he finds a block he publishes it to the network.

If the miner steals coins from his address then he gets banned from the pool and the pools uses his insurance to pay the other miners.

Could this work? Or is it not possible because it isn't how mining works for spreadcoin?

this is quite possible, but if the miner finds say, 3 blocks in a row, he can still "steal" them and have a proffit. So the value os the "insurance" should be how much you can mine in the time a block takes to mature. Say, it matures in 100 blocks, "insurance" would have to be at least 660.0 SPR. That would make most people avoid pools...
If he finds 6 blocks in a row he can double spend. So maybe insurance should be 40 spr. Which isn't hard to get.

:/

Hey guys, would it be possible to create a pool like this;

The problem here is that if you will find a block and will not try to steal its reward pool can still claim that you are trying to steal it and use both your funds and block reward. For external observer it is not possible to distinguish between situations when you are trying to steal money and when pool operators are just lying about this. Even if pool is operated by some legally registered entity with non anonymous owners they can steal your money and you wouldn't be able to prove anything.

If you cannot find blocks consistently but are still mining that means that even one block's reward worth something for you.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
What is -gen option?
  -gen                   Generate coins (default: 0)
Is this solo mining related or what?

Solo shitty CPU mining.

Oh, so basically the feature description is "Start mining on wallet start"?..
Yep. Only use that if you want to slow down your computer. Smiley
I don't understand what stops pools from signing the blocks with one address regardless who found the block and credit miners based on the hashrate counted i.e. pseudo-shares?

They can. The thing is, the miners can also steal blocks, because to hash, they must prove the ability to spend the coinbase tx.

Got it, since miners must submit the blocks with the same private key. Very interesting.
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
What is -gen option?

Solo shitty CPU mining.

Oh, so basically the feature description is "Start mining on wallet start"?..
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
so how is spread coin doing overall?
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
What is -gen option?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
any coin that can be mined ASIC is trash
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
has anyone seen that cleverhash.com site where apparently they haveare taking orders for these ASIC miners for X algos
Hmph, wasted my time with this. If only out of respect for yourself and your fellow Spreadcoinmates, perhaps you could aim to be a little more choosy in your wording.

Look hard before you leap: first thoroughly acquaint yourself with the details of the product purchase agreement.

The product purchase agreement refers to “Cleverhash Technologies, Corp” but there appears to be no independent supporting evidence for the existence of this specific corporation and I believe it’s mandatory for a legally-constituted corporation in the US to provide information on board members, liability limitations, etc.

“Corporations, LLCs, and LPs are formed by filing a certificate of formation with the secretary of state. Corporations are owned by shareholders, managed by a board of directors, and administered by officers.” <- TX business formation FAQ, can't be all that different for GA.

I make a point of always checking the official records.

btw, according to the FAQ, X14 isn't one of the anticipated supported hashfn combos:

”Currently our X15 Triple X chip will only output X11, X13 and X15.”

Cheers

Graham

Woah someone must've gotten Rekt on some BTC lately lol Why so harsh my friend? I simply asked a question on something that I happened to glance upon.  I never said it was legit or that it was a good idea, I simply asked if anyone had heard of it.  I'm terribly sorry for wasting your valuable precious time that it took you to read and correct my message from earlier.  A thousand apologies good sir Smiley I'll make sure that I grammar check all my messages from this point on and I'll make sure that I refrain from asking a simple question about something I had looked at Smiley Cheers
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
has anyone seen that cleverhash.com site where apparently they haveare taking orders for these ASIC miners for X algos
Hmph, wasted my time with this. If only out of respect for yourself and your fellow Spreadcoinmates, perhaps you could aim to be a little more choosy in your wording.

Look hard before you leap: first thoroughly acquaint yourself with the details of the product purchase agreement.

The product purchase agreement refers to “Cleverhash Technologies, Corp” but there appears to be no independent supporting evidence for the existence of this specific corporation and I believe it’s mandatory for a legally-constituted corporation in the US to provide information on board members, liability limitations, etc.

“Corporations, LLCs, and LPs are formed by filing a certificate of formation with the secretary of state. Corporations are owned by shareholders, managed by a board of directors, and administered by officers.” <- TX business formation FAQ, can't be all that different for GA.

I make a point of always checking the official records.

btw, according to the FAQ, X14 isn't one of the anticipated supported hashfn combos:

”Currently our X15 Triple X chip will only output X11, X13 and X15.”

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
is there something thinkable that could be even more advanced/efficient than an ASIC?

lol, i'm just kidding... puting the algorithm itself in hardwired form is the end of the road, right?

So atleast then this arms race ends.

So maybe we should all welcome ASIC and hope that we get there as soon as possible... maybe every coin has to hope that.

Maybe this is a little off topic but has anyone seen that cleverhash.com site where apparently they have these ASIC miners for X algos that can mine like 1Th or something like that? I was just glancing over it and was wondering if it was a total scam or if anyone actually knew anyone that had gotten anything off of them?  I mean if that is true someone could swamp any X algos with one or two of those puppies lol
Yep, with 100% rejected shares lol but on a serious note, their is no x coin the even comes close to that kind of hash rate so if they existed they would mine them for 6 months before ever releasing so we would see darks hashrate skyrocket and this isn't the case. Maybe some slower FPGA miners out there
Well I had a feeling that it was too good to be true but I figured I would ask if anyone had heard of it lol Thanks buddy Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
is there something thinkable that could be even more advanced/efficient than an ASIC?

lol, i'm just kidding... puting the algorithm itself in hardwired form is the end of the road, right?

So atleast then this arms race ends.

So maybe we should all welcome ASIC and hope that we get there as soon as possible... maybe every coin has to hope that.

Maybe this is a little off topic but has anyone seen that cleverhash.com site where apparently they have these ASIC miners for X algos that can mine like 1Th or something like that? I was just glancing over it and was wondering if it was a total scam or if anyone actually knew anyone that had gotten anything off of them?  I mean if that is true someone could swamp any X algos with one or two of those puppies lol
Yep, with 100% rejected shares lol but on a serious note, their is no x coin the even comes close to that kind of hash rate so if they existed they would mine them for 6 months before ever releasing so we would see darks hashrate skyrocket and this isn't the case. Maybe some slower FPGA miners out there
Jump to: