Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 354. (Read 810079 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
In reference to the earlier mining conversation, I easily get 2.5Mhs out of my 290x mining Darkcoin but only the provided GPU miner seems to work and I can only get 1Mhs out of it regardless of settings.

Doesn't matter, it could be 0.00001MH/s as long as everyone else with a 290 is getting the same.

In fact, a super low power hashing algo would be great, the problem is making it sufficiently hard to 'optimise' - I wonder if something like the CRC style checks that games use to ensure people aren't running hacked code could be used to make sure everyone's running the exact same miner?

It's proof of work, not proof of electricity consumption... the argument that mining costs translate into coin price is wishful thinking. There hasn't been anything profitable or even break-even at time of mining for a very long time.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Dev,how about a signature contest??
If there is a well designed sig,many SPR supporters may use it.
What do you think?

I think it's a good idea. It will get more people involved.
A coin is only as strong as the community that wants to use it.
Again I think the coin has huge potential, but we need to put a lot of energy (technical, creative) in it.
hashrate is dropping ,we need more promotion  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1092
What do you think?

I think it's a good idea. It will get more people involved.
A coin is only as strong as the community that wants to use it.
Again I think the coin has huge potential, but we need to put a lot of energy (technical, creative) in it.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

Let's see what will the future bring.
Wish you good luck!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
I have optimized synchronization code, next version will sync much faster.

DarkCoin code is pretty complicated, sometimes for no reason (if you are interested I can point you to examples). I want to make simpler and cleaner implementation which is easier to understand and easier to done right. I will prioritize instant transactions over anonymity since they are simpler to implement and I think they are useful for more people than DarkSend.
After new year I will have hell of a lot of free time, so I hope in the second half of January we will have some code for public testing, maybe sooner.
Not even worried about it Mr. Spread Smiley You know what you are doing and you obviously have a great plan for this coin so I'm happy you touched base with the community and what you have been up to and totally look forward to seeing what comes out next my friend Smiley Cheers

Your boundless enthusiasm is interesting but can you give a single reason why an investor would be sensible to invest in this coin?

Mr Spread, as I have said before, has proven himself to be a very capable developer.  We now know that ITX has been prioritized above anonymity which is a pretty decent decision.  Apart from that, what should make me scuttle to the exchange with my little bag of BTC and buy Spreadcoin?

In reference to the earlier mining conversation, I easily get 2.5Mhs out of my 290x mining Darkcoin but only the provided GPU miner seems to work and I can only get 1Mhs out of it regardless of settings.
Activity: 31
What do you think?
Activity: 31
don't know why the trading on c-cex and bittrex is less and less active now.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Ahh.. the good ole "diff 17" days.. Tongue

@ Mr.Spread
How do you plan to handle the intensity and other single/multi gpu configs and settings ?

I have some tips if you're willing to include a Win7 mining tweaks/ guide. eg. How to's on, disabling media player/ internet browser hardware acceleration, driver updates, ect.

The best way to achive a high level of decentralization would be to win over the single gpu/cpu users/newbies by making their involvement as seamless and as hassle free as possible. If successful, the swarm will leave the privkey whales with little to no WUs to feed on.

Poor whale...  Wink

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

DarkCoin code is pretty complicated, sometimes for no reason (if you are interested I can point you to examples). I want to make simpler and cleaner implementation which is easier to understand and easier to done right. I will prioritize instant transactions over anonymity since they are simpler to implement and I think they are useful for more people than DarkSend.
After new year I will have hell of a lot of free time, so I hope in the second half of January we will have some code for public testing, maybe sooner.
Not even worried about it Mr. Spread Smiley You know what you are doing and you obviously have a great plan for this coin so I'm happy you touched base with the community and what you have been up to and totally look forward to seeing what comes out next my friend Smiley Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1456

Thanks for the update.  Smiley

I think IX is indeed a bigger market than Darksend.

I don't want to bring baggage, but having seen the day to day problems first hand that plague the internal workings of the payments industry, IX is a great feature but its not the thing that is stopping crypto becoming the answer.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Also, following several requests, I'm working on making mining much easier. You will not need to edit configuration file, you will just need to launch miner on the same machine as wallet. Of course any existing miner configuration will continue to work with newer wallet versions, this is only for those who don't want to deal with such stuff.
Great job!!
The net hashrate is growing steady and the diff has surpassed 40 ~
Activity: 210
Also, following several requests, I'm working on making mining much easier. You will not need to edit configuration file, you will just need to launch miner on the same machine as wallet. Of course any existing miner configuration will continue to work with newer wallet versions, this is only for those who don't want to deal with such stuff.
legendary
Activity: 966

Thanks for the update.  Smiley

I think IX is indeed a bigger market than Darksend.

around a month from now,looking forward to the next version wallet  Cheesy
legendary

Great work Mr. Spread, I have the confidence this will be a great coin.

On another note: The technical aspect is ofcourse the most important, but maybe some Marketing, give aways, Apps etc. are also a good thing to think about.
SpreadCoin has been added to BitTrex.
Unfortunately, the spreadcoin.net exchanges list do not mention bittrex.com.
Apologize for my English.
the trading volume on bittrex is too small, I worry that SPR may be delisted soon. Angry
I added it to website and requested coinmarketcap to add it. Also I removed BetaShareX because of many complaints.

I know Mr. Spread is working hard on the coin behind the scenes with MN implemetation etc.
What can we do as acommunity to get the word Spread? Guerilla Marketing Contest? Spread Lotto?

I also think we need a PaperWallet generator, some IOS stuf.

Paper ,IOS,Androin wallets make the usage for beginners much easier and good for promotion.

Perhaps set some bounties for creating these.
quite agree,though I am small miner. Grin
legendary
I know Mr. Spread is working hard on the coin behind the scenes with MN implemetation etc.
What can we do as acommunity to get the word Spread? Guerilla Marketing Contest? Spread Lotto?

Paper ,IOS,Androin wallets make the usage for beginners much easier and good for promotion.

Perhaps set some bounties for creating these.

Jump to: