Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 355. (Read 810079 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I know Mr. Spread is working hard on the coin behind the scenes with MN implemetation etc.
What can we do as acommunity to get the word Spread? Guerilla Marketing Contest? Spread Lotto?

I also think we need a PaperWallet generator, some IOS stuf.
legendary
SpreadCoin has been added to BitTrex.
Unfortunately, the spreadcoin.net exchanges list do not mention bittrex.com.
Apologize for my English.
the trading volumn on bittrex is too small ,I worry that SPR may be delisted soon. Angry

It's just been added lol
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
the trading volumn on bittrex is too small ,I worry that SPR may be delisted soon. Angry
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
All I know is this is definitely the calm before the storm and I can tell it's gonna be a huge storm when it finally comes Smiley Can't wait!!!
SPR is the second DRK in 2014  Grin

Here are my initial thoughts on just this point.

AlexGR has made some great points on what Mr Spread could do to improve on DRK code to give SPR some competitive advantage over DRK:  fixing the compromises and temporary solutions DRK deployed to keep things moving forward until long-term solutions were found or implemented.

If SPR is to be built on DRK code, then SPR is working for DRK. Any improvements can be ported to DRK.

DRK has the first mover advantage and a strong community. SPR doesn't have a chance with a simple strategy, no matter how much effort goes into the work, of simply fixing things that need to be fixed in DRK.

A wider strategy needs to be developed.

Until USPs beyond non-pooled mining can be articulated, SPR doesn't have much of a chance of ever surpassing DRK.

I'm open to changing my views on this, but right now I can't justify the electricity cost of mining SPR or buying too many coins.
I hear what you are saying and that's absolutely true about Dark and their supporters but Mr. Spread is highly qualified to put into action a strong movement as the community grows and "SPREADS" we will then only truly see the potential that is SpreadCoin Smiley I still think that this coin is well worth buying right now if a trader can be patient enough to hold their coins for at least a couple months for sure Smiley Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1456
All I know is this is definitely the calm before the storm and I can tell it's gonna be a huge storm when it finally comes Smiley Can't wait!!!
SPR is the second DRK in 2014  Grin

Here are my initial thoughts on just this point.

AlexGR has made some great points on what Mr Spread could do to improve on DRK code to give SPR some competitive advantage over DRK:  fixing the compromises and temporary solutions DRK deployed to keep things moving forward until long-term solutions were found or implemented.

If SPR is to be built on DRK code, then SPR is working for DRK. Any improvements can be ported to DRK.

DRK has the first mover advantage and a strong community. SPR doesn't have a chance with a simple strategy, no matter how much effort goes into the work, of simply fixing things that need to be fixed in DRK.

A wider strategy needs to be developed.

Until USPs beyond non-pooled mining can be articulated, SPR doesn't have much of a chance of ever surpassing DRK.

I'm open to changing my views on this, but right now I can't justify the electricity cost of mining SPR or buying too many coins.
So I have sent a request to Cryptsy about adding SpreadCoin to their list of coins as well Smiley I really am happy to be here watching this coin develop and grow Smiley Cheers
Ok - so I requested that we be added to Cryptsy today.  I have had nothing but good luck on that site and the operator is quick to respond with any issues.  In addition, when I have had a problem I have called them and it was handled right away.  I have been using Cryptsy about a year now.  If you agree please submit a request through the support system.  Thank you - Pokeytex
I will get on that right away my friend Smiley Also Mr. Spread if you have a moment would you be able to share maybe a little more insight into what you have going on behind closed doors Smiley I love this coin and I love the concept and ideas behind it and would love to hear more Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
Ok - so I requested that we be added to Cryptsy today.  I have had nothing but good luck on that site and the operator is quick to respond with any issues.  In addition, when I have had a problem I have called them and it was handled right away.  I have been using Cryptsy about a year now.  If you agree please submit a request through the support system.  Thank you - Pokeytex
All I know is I ain't selling any of my SpreadCoin till minimum 500k a coin because we all know it will get there for sure Smiley Just keep up the amazing workk Mr. Spread and you will have quite the dominant cryptocurrency here Smiley Cheers
legendary
Activity: 128
Merit: 101
skip
Sorry, I don't think somebody understands your funny pictures. At least I don't. And you are not on image board. I looked through your older posts. Please try to be polite.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Hi Mr.Spread,

I am working on developing an IRC bot for our channel on Freenode, so if you come across SpreadCoinBot don't get scared Smiley

Test version currently can show live price taken from c-cex and calculate what a certain amount of SPR is worth in BTC based on the live price.

Working now on having the bot to show live difficulty, net hashrate  and a mining profit calculator (based on mining hashrate entered and other live coin factors), and here comes the  question Smiley

Should I parse html shown on the blockchain explorer page (http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/) or is there something like a json api for getting the live diff, net hashrate value ?

Cheers Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 966
Wouldn't any pool be able to do this? Like ones for Bitcoin?

How do you know that they aren't?
Even if there are pools,pools don't save the mining cost.
What point are you trying to prove?
My point is that even pools work,they don't hurt.
They do hurt if they get >50% of the network. People lose trust in the coin.
AFAIK,2 or 3 of the whales in the QQ group can launch 51% attack now if they want.
so, it has nothing to do with pools.

With the hashrate right now at ~3GH/s it would take what, 1500 280's to get 51%? Obviously more nethash would be better, but that will come, and presently it becomes vastly cheaper and easier to compromise 2 or 3 pools/pool servers than to mount a brute hashpower attack.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10

AFAIK,2 or 3 of the whales in the QQ group can launch 51% attack now if they want.
so, it has nothing to do with pools.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Guys, sorry for the stupid question, but it is possible now to mine now solo wit GPUs ?

Yes it is. The bottom of the OP has instructions on how to mine.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Twitter @Acimirov
Guys, sorry for the stupid question, but it is possible now to mine now solo wit GPUs ?
Jump to: