Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 38. (Read 810029 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
Hey there, I followed Nvidia mining instructions. Miner working, but I only see hashes, my .bat file is as follows (as instructed in guide)

Code:
spreadminer -o http://127.0.0.1:41677 -u rpcuser -p rpcpass

And yes, my wallet is encrypted. Am I actually mining?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Reviewing the escrow to "your future self", and I think Peter Todd's approach would work pretty well with servicenodes:

with CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY the funds can be stored in scriptPubKeys of the form:

IF
        60 months> CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY DROP
        <ServiceNodes's pubkey> CHECKSIGVERIFY
    ELSE
    ENDIF
     <Alice's second pubkey> 2 CHECKMULTISIG
At any time the funds can be spent with the following scriptSig:

<Alice's second signature> 0
After 360 months have passed ServiceNodes and one of either Alice or Alice's second signature can spend the funds with the following scriptSig:

Alice's second signature> signature> 1

https://github.com/petertodd/bitcoin/commit/ab0f54f38e08ee1e50ff72f801680ee84d0f1bf4

Whatever the actual code is, giving it a time lock and demonstrating that you are both the donor and the recipient means you should be able to get authorization to put this into a pension pot and have whatever funds get in there qualify for the various pension tax reliefs.
legendary
There are four more uses cases that I will be adding to our imagineering thread.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10656234

It will take a week or two to analyze, distill and write-up the market opportunity around each of these new use cases.

@minerpage: can I include your ideas for the media sector?
legendary
Are masternodes working stable ?
I heard they mine ''test'' coin and it is insignificant for now.

There is a general update due today from someone on the support / development team.

edit

There is a third round of testing coming up:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557.msg3282#msg3282
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1023
I am a good bro
Are masternodes working stable ?
I heard they mine ''test'' coin and it is insignificant for now.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
I'm personally looking forward to the new launch and will be doing what I can to help where needed.  Its nice to see something offering a different kind of potential compared to the bast majority of other altcoins. 

Not a bad team behind it either Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Very hard to disagree with that.

However, look at internet stocks. Back in the late 1990s and early 2000s you would have said the same thing about internet stocks. Now look at them, the wild swings in valuations have normalised and the idiotic businesses have all gone (mostly).

Yes, but cryptocoins are a largely unregulated industry (by definition they are, and should we one day need to ask permission at government level before we can create a new coin, we will all be damned).
That's why I don't believe that we will ever go out of this wild west phase we are in now.

I hope we won't. Because that's what freedom is like. This might go on for an indefinite time.

There will always be new coins, there will always be scams, but there will also always be gems among all the shit.

And the best coins with the biggest network effect will win (and winning in this context is "surviving the longest while maintaining value")

I say that in contrast to stocks, where you are simply not allowed (thru strict regulations) to do the many things of how we create (and anticipate) value within the crypto world.
(I believe that the normalization you see in internet stocks today has mainly come thru intense government regulations and not so much thru free market price discovery)

For example: Insider trading is fortunately not something we have to concern ourselves with in crypto business.
It is not even defined as "crime" because it doesn't make sense to define it as such.
In the contrary, it is a widely accepted practice and nobody has even a problem with that.

What is left are investors asking serious questions about cash flow, profit, added value, realistic business plans, etc; but most importantly, there is a healthy and growing tech sector that is part and parcel of everyday investment planning.

Yes, caveat emptor.
Be aware and act responsibly.

It's your money and if you lose it you are the only person to blame.

No need for government to take responsibility away from the consumers (and killing any innovation before it happens) so that we all can feel more secure,
no, instead let everyone just learn and recognize the immense possibilities that open temselves up over time...

And immense possibilites will alway pose a giant risk, obviously because of all the scammers and copycats,
but also because we just don't know which of all the possible players will have the largest network effect in the end.

The best most promising players might lose out (although they have fancy tech) simply because another player gets a better adoption and the people as a large mass don't like to change to new coins all the time.
(think QWERTY keyboard, and why we haven't had other keyboard layouts for 100 years, and probably never will have...)

Crypto needs to go through this exploratory cycle to find the core applications that are sustainable over the longer-term. But crypto itself is here to stay. Build a compelling proposition, a trusted infrastructure, applications with longevity,  and we can be here over the longer-term.  

Absolutely, that's why I like spreadcoin so much, because it carries the principle of decentralization proudly as its most important rule of how it wants to do business.

And I can think of multiple extremely widespread services, that are in centralized hands,
for example

google,
youtube,
facebook,

etc...

Could servicenodes start and compete with the largest centralized search engine known today?
Can a large enough number of servicenodes (5000+) search and map the net and create a fast and secure searchengine that no single person or institution has control over?

That's my kind of "reaching for the stars" goal!  Grin

And it has DECENTRALIZATION written all over it in large capital letters.

Those are the thoughts I am having and researching.
Stay tuned.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
That's not solely why I quoted you but you clarified more in depth where you were coming from with your statement. All is well. Thanks for taking the minute to respond.

Ah ok, well then I take the sharpness in my comment back!  Smiley
legendary

SNIP

Therefor I say: crypto for retirement? Not recommendable.

^^ Wow... This statement speaks volumes.

Ever heard of risk vs reward?

Investments for retirement should always be something with minimum risk, not maximum risk.

Who in their right mind thinks about their older parents and finds it a good idea for them to invest in crypto?

I certainly don't.

I know how important and groundbreaking crypto coins are, but I understand the extreme investment risks involved.
(not so much technological risks, but price fluctuation)

Those extreme risks are fine with me and my own personal investment in spreadcoin, which is why I am 100% invested in it.
So yes, risk is not a problem per se, but risk is a problem when people (especially older people) are fooled into thinking it is a safe low risk asset.
Which it is not.

Very hard to disagree with that.

However, look at internet stocks. Back in the late 1990s and early 2000s you would have said the same thing about internet stocks. Now look at them, the wild swings in valuations have normalised and the idiotic businesses have all gone (mostly).

What is left are investors asking serious questions about cash flow, profit, added value, realistic business plans, etc; but most importantly, there is a healthy and growing tech sector that is part and parcel of everyday investment planning.

Crypto needs to go through this exploratory cycle to find the core applications that are sustainable over the longer-term. But crypto itself is here to stay. Build a compelling proposition, a trusted infrastructure, applications with longevity,  and we can be here over the longer-term.  
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc

SNIP

Investments for retirement should always be something with minimum risk, not maximum risk.

Who in their right mind thinks about their older parents and finds it a good idea for them to invest in crypto?

I certainly don't.

I know how important and groundbreaking crypto coins are, but I understand the extreme investment risks involved.

Those extreme risks are fine with me and my own personal investment in spreadcoin, which is why I am 100% invested in it.
So yes, risk is not a problem per se, but risk is a problem when people (especially older people) are fooled into thinking it is a safe low risk asset.
Which it is not.

That's not solely why I quoted you but you clarified more in depth where you were coming from with your statement. All is well. Thanks for taking the minute to respond.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I know Georgem will be working on the things he said. The trouble is this - once you know Georgem, you have to expect a desire to do a great job. No half-baked solutions will do. That, I'm afraid to say, takes a little time.

Me, I would have slapped something together as a working draft and built on it. But first impressions count - so, let's wait.

Thanks for your confidence.

I will need to adjust my plan a little bit and make more smaller steps, so that progress is more visible.

Stay tuned.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

SNIP

I certainly don't.

Which it is not.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
from a purely selfish standpoint, I've embraced the delay of the creation of the new Ann thread, as its certainly facilitated the accumulation of a nice stake in this project at bargain basement levels, but I think we're getting to the point where it should just happen soon.  

When investing in this project I don't think it's a matter of "will the creation of a new ann thread and successful implementation of service nodes raise the price of spr comparatively to that of similar coins?"  There is no question it will.  I think the majority of those selling at these levels question, will this ever happen?  

The first step in raising investor confidence and more importantly attracting the attention of potential contributors of ideas and development (not necessary, but certainly an added bonus) is rolling out the new ann thread.  This doesn't need to be a static roadmap to the coin's future, but at the very least a working link to download the wallet.  
@halofirebtc
Got some Spreadcoins now  Cool

When does master node testing start?

Or the new Ann/OP? It's been ~60 days since Mr. Spr left the building. New dev team wanted 30 days after Mr. Spr left to do a new Ann/OP. Lot's of discussion on what to do with the nodes, but no action from what I see.

That's the problem atm.

Topic: DRAFT for new ANN thread / Website  (Read 538 times)
Last comment was the 9th...

Anyone out there that could help push this along?

I know Georgem will be working on the things he said. The trouble is this - once you know Georgem, you have to expect a desire to do a great job. No half-baked solutions will do. That, I'm afraid to say, takes a little time.

Me, I would have slapped something together as a working draft and built on it. But first impressions count - so, let's wait.

Ya well, the difficulty almost dropped into the 3's today.... lowest it's been that I know of.
legendary

Or the new Ann/OP? It's been ~60 days since Mr. Spr left the building. New dev team wanted 30 days after Mr. Spr left to do a new Ann/OP. Lot's of discussion on what to do with the nodes, but no action from what I see.

That's the problem atm.

legendary
Activity: 1092

That's the problem atm.

legendary
Very decent distribution, ATM

@halofirebtc

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

legendary
What is the practical implication of introducing more than one ServiceNode network?

Let's say, for example only, there is a ServiceNode network that does everything at the start, but once a particular service becomes very popular, it can be sectioned off on its own, still within SPR, with a new ServiceNode network created to do the job of running everything else.

Once the next service becomes very popular, create another service specific network, still within SPR.

I don't mean forks. I mean expansion within the overall network.

Why?

* Well, we can create a very scalable, endlessly scalable, network. We can also protect services from each other, and you could also create redundancy or a plan B.

* It would also make attacks very difficult.

* I'm not 100% sure that the limiting of servicenodes to 1440 or 2000 is the best approach. In the short to medium term, I guess it's not a big issue. Long term? Not sure.

* It would enable Angel investors to put money into targeted areas. People who want investors to help them fund a servicenode can show what the funds are going to be used for and also the opportunity that will be derived from a particular segment of the market.

* The main problem is maintaining the various networks, I guess.
Pages:
Jump to: