Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 409. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Looks like a clone is on it's way:
https://github.com/solocoin/solocoin
Interesting. Launch date in source code is set to 01 Nov 2014 01:14:39 UTC and it was uploaded around that time. I think it was the planned launch date but it wasn't launched for some reason.
Reward halving is set to 3 months so they want to give a bigger advantage to early adopters.

In my experience, botnet operators will not bother trying to code or understand code, so if no one publishes a standalone miner, they will simply look for another coin, maybe less profitable, but easier to deploy.

This would imply that someone else is writing the infrastructure and selling it to the operators?

I wonder what those feature bullet points on their marketing materials read like.  XD
I wouldn't be surprised by that. There is a lot of shady activity around crypto-world. On freelancing websites someone hires people to post on this forum from new accounts to make these accounts more valuable. Then they probably sell these accounts or use them to promote some coins.
Activity: 177
Merit: 101
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
In my experience, botnet operators will not bother trying to code or understand code, so if no one publishes a standalone miner, they will simply look for another coin, maybe less profitable, but easier to deploy.

This would imply that someone else is writing the infrastructure and selling it to the operators?

I wonder what those feature bullet points on their marketing materials read like.  XD
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
(...)
forgot to comment that: you don't really need an external API for GPU. Since OpenCL is compiled on the fly, you can implement it inside the wallet. Just work out an internal API to make it easy to link different miners to the wallet. (As a spreadcoin "entusiast", i'd prefer that, since it would keep a high cost for botnets).
This sounds reasonable, miner as a static or dynamic library. This also can have an advantage that you can switch to new block faster thus spending less time on mining stale blocks than with these json rpc calls. This makes botnets more complicated but still doesn't prevents anyone from actually separating miner and wallet.

I still need to understand how the signing work
There is actually not much to understand. I moved most of the signing work out of the loop. On each iteration you just need to compute ((a + b)*c mod d) where a, b, c and d are 256-bit numbers. Long addition is trivial, multiplication shouldn't be too hard and finding remainder is the hardest part.

forgot to comment that: you don't really need an external API for GPU. Since OpenCL is compiled on the fly, you can implement it inside the wallet. Just work out an internal API to make it easy to link different miners to the wallet. (As a spreadcoin "entusiast", i'd prefer that, since it would keep a high cost for botnets).
This sounds reasonable, miner as a static or dynamic library. This also can have an advantage that you can switch to new block faster thus spending less time on mining stale blocks than with these json rpc calls. This makes botnets more complicated but still doesn't prevents anyone from actually separating miner and wallet.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
We should create twitter channel for our coin.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
This is good coin? Dev/coin is alive?
Activity: 145
Wolf0 said he need a bigger exchane to sell SPR.
Yeah, we all need a bigger exchange.

I'm working on an API for external miners. I will then make an external CPU miner to test it and as a reference for implementing GPU miner. After that I will start working on GPU miner by myself if there will be no interest from other devs. Even if I will be the first who will make a miner bounty will still remain for improving its hashrate.

I have not much time lately, that's why i am not currently applying for this bounty. As soon as I have some free time, if no one else is working on it, i'll contact you so we can develop the GPU miner. I still need to understand how the signing work, so i can implement it on openCL. (AFAIK you use some external bignum library that we'd need to port to opencl, or at least port the relevant operations).

Also, nvidia cards are much more power efficient for mining X11, so a cuda miner should also be considered. (not my specialty, i'd have to learn how to use cuda, but might be easier to port external libs).
AMD GPU miners are more popular than NVIDIA,I hope AMD GPU miner come first.
legendary

I'm working on an API for external miners. I will then make an external CPU miner to test it and as a reference for implementing GPU miner. After that I will start working on GPU miner by myself if there will be no interest from other devs. Even if I will be the first who will make a miner bounty will still remain for improving its hashrate.

legendary

I have not much time lately, that's why i am not currently applying for this bounty. As soon as I have some free time, if no one else is working on it, i'll contact you so we can develop the GPU miner. I still need to understand how the signing work, so i can implement it on openCL. (AFAIK you use some external bignum library that we'd need to port to opencl, or at least port the relevant operations).

Also, nvidia cards are much more power efficient for mining X11, so a cuda miner should also be considered. (not my specialty, i'd have to learn how to use cuda, but might be easier to port external libs).

I am waiting for GPU miner to come sooner
Me too. Mr. Spread, have you tried to contact any miner developer?
I will, what GPU devs do you know? I only know about girino, he was in this thread before, he is one of the early adopters of SpreadCoin.
Thread about sgminer. I've told them about bounty, but it seems they like more mature coins:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9425621
I will, what GPU devs do you know? I only know about girino, he was in this thread before, he is one of the early adopters of SpreadCoin.
Thread about sgminer. I've told them about bounty, but it seems they like more mature coins:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9425621
https://www.coingecko.com/en  is great cypto-currency evaluation website
could somebody request coingecko to put SPR on their website?
I know djm34 is a good GPU miner developer,he has optimized many GPU miners.
Jump to: