Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 410. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 10
I can't login betasharex
500 Internal Server Error

We are experiencing an internal server problem. Please try again later.
Just traded there. It's probably temporary.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
I can't login betasharex
500 Internal Server Error

We are experiencing an internal server problem. Please try again later.
Activity: 177
Merit: 101
legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002
Activity: 210
What's the problem with solo mining? Getwork seems to work normally.
It doesn't yet return all the necessary information, you need to know whole block, not just its header. Although there is getblocktemplate which should return all the necessary information but it is more complicated to use because you need to build block by yourself.
Activity: 121
What's the problem with solo mining? Getwork seems to work normally.
SpreadCoin starts to gain traction in the media!  Cheesy

- Spreadcoin

Spreadcoin aims to improve the decentralization of cryptocurrencies by forcing miners to solo mine directly from the wallet via CPU. While pooled mining is not allowed, it will be unlikely almost certainly to concentrate all the mining power within a few major mining corporations. Moreover, it helps to ensure that 51% attacks and double spending attempts are nearly impossible, making the coin a potentially safer one to produce. Spreadcoin uses the X11 algorithm and offers a 20 million coins total.

So, if you are a cryptocurrency investor or simply an enthusiast for the technology and want to see some new developments in the crypto world, consider taking a look at any of these new coins’ wallets or websites today. You can also check out the Breakout Coin’s website to see a preview of their gaming platform and buy coins in advance. Of course, you might consider mining some of them instead: better now than later – when the difficulty and price have risen.

Are you interested? What other altcoins do you find promising? Share your experiences with us in the comments!

By Keith Andre for CEX.IO

Text taken from: http://blog.cex.io/overview-of-new-altcoins/
Everthing is moving towards the right direction~~ Grin
Activity: 189
SpreadCoin starts to gain traction in the media!  Cheesy

- Spreadcoin

Spreadcoin aims to improve the decentralization of cryptocurrencies by forcing miners to solo mine directly from the wallet via CPU. While pooled mining is not allowed, it will be unlikely almost certainly to concentrate all the mining power within a few major mining corporations. Moreover, it helps to ensure that 51% attacks and double spending attempts are nearly impossible, making the coin a potentially safer one to produce. Spreadcoin uses the X11 algorithm and offers a 20 million coins total.

So, if you are a cryptocurrency investor or simply an enthusiast for the technology and want to see some new developments in the crypto world, consider taking a look at any of these new coins’ wallets or websites today. You can also check out the Breakout Coin’s website to see a preview of their gaming platform and buy coins in advance. Of course, you might consider mining some of them instead: better now than later – when the difficulty and price have risen.

Are you interested? What other altcoins do you find promising? Share your experiences with us in the comments!

By Keith Andre for CEX.IO

Text taken from: http://blog.cex.io/overview-of-new-altcoins/
Activity: 68
Woah SPR price keep going down Sad
It's really bad, it's a good coin.
No liquidity, price is not yet important. Need more adoption.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
Woah SPR price keep going down Sad
It's really bad, it's a good coin.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1017
You don't need to do anything else, pushing "Start mining" is enough. Mining is a random process, it is normal to have hours without any mined block. We had discussion about this earlier in this thread.
Thanks for the answer! I'm just afraid that doing something wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Good day. I mined for several hours, but didn't receive any coins. So it should be? Thanks.
What is your hashrate? Have you mined at least one block?

Hashrate lowly - 40kH/s.
I opened my wallet and pushed the button "Start mining". Is that enough? Do i need writing anything in console?

P.s. Sorry for the stupid questions.
Heh, I left my laptop mining all day once. It was mining at 10 kh/s and it found a block.
Hashrate lowly - 40kH/s.
I opened my wallet and pushed the button "Start mining". Is that enough? Do i need writing anything in console?
You don't need to do anything else, pushing "Start mining" is enough. Mining is a random process, it is normal to have hours without any mined block. We had discussion about this earlier in this thread.

Yep!   I've done a lot of solo-mining under a lot of difficulty levels, from being almost all the network to 1% of it.  It's those long blocks without and those quick 1-2-3's that tell you that it is truly random.  It's kinda funny how randomness is generally misunderstood.  I had four blocks in 40 minutes yesterday, followed by a void of two hours, followed by another of two hours. 
legendary
Good day. I mined for several hours, but didn't receive any coins. So it should be? Thanks.

Hashrate lowly - 40kH/s.

P.s. Sorry for the stupid questions.
Good,wish the GUI miner come soon....
Activity: 221
I have asked because wondering how it is safe from gpu mining.
Like CPU coins but if it's x11 then gpu miners will appear soon, or maybe even now some people mine using private gpu miner.
It is CPU only now because there is yet no public GPU miner and according to hashrate there seems to be no privately used GPU miner (at least you can easily mine on CPU). Due to algorithm used making GPU miner is more complicated but possible. It is not safe from GPU that is why I'm announcing this bounty for GPU miner.

Thank you for your answer.
I'm in! Smiley
Best!
legendary
I have asked because wondering how it is safe from gpu mining.
Like CPU coins but if it's x11 then gpu miners will appear soon, or maybe even now some people mine using private gpu miner.
It is CPU only now because there is yet no public GPU miner and according to hashrate there seems to be no privately used GPU miner (at least you can easily mine on CPU). Due to algorithm used making GPU miner is more complicated but possible. It is not safe from GPU that is why I'm announcing this bounty for GPU miner.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Added to OP bounty for GPU miner:

GPU miner
Make a GPU miner for SpreadCoin and get reward for it. I will test your miner on my Radeon R9 280X and pay you 10000 SPR per MH/s (e.g. for 1.2 MH/s you will get 12000 SPR). It must work on Windows and Linux and it must be released under open source license on github. Notice that currently there is no way to make external miner because wallet doesn't implement necessary functionality but I'm working on it. You can contact me if you need any guidance about mining algorithm or interaction between miner and wallet.
I might know someone (possibly) willing to make this. I'll see if they can look into it. Although it may be hard without an external miner.

I'll be ready with my R9 290X...
Jump to: