Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 432. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
I had not heard about the 2106 time stamp problem before, so had to look it up Wink So apparently timestamps in bitcoin only run until 2106 unless a hardfork will be made.
Is this problem general in cryptocurrency or only for bitcoin/darkcoin ? What I mean to ask: Is there any other coin that is addressing this problem and that already has this 64 bit timestamp fix?
Probably it's not a big problem and I'm sure Bitcoin devs will be able to handle it if time will come, though they will need to put some effort in it. AFAIK most Bitcoin forks are affected by this issue and I don't know about any other fork which fixes it.

Meanwhile, I added checkpoint into wallet, you can download new version from OP. Also, I tried to make 64-bit Windows build (mining should be faster with 64 build), I made some fixes for it but it still fails with some strange linking errors.

Well, if you are the first to address it then it is definitely a point of sale, even if it is a problem that won't appear before 2106. Will download the new version. Mined quite some blocks now, it is funny to see the amount of coins per block decreases very slowly. Coins per block are now at around 66.65761667.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I had not heard about the 2106 time stamp problem before, so had to look it up Wink So apparently timestamps in bitcoin only run until 2106 unless a hardfork will be made.
Is this problem general in cryptocurrency or only for bitcoin/darkcoin ? What I mean to ask: Is there any other coin that is addressing this problem and that already has this 64 bit timestamp fix?
Probably it's not a big problem and I'm sure Bitcoin devs will be able to handle it if time will come, though they will need to put some effort in it. AFAIK most Bitcoin forks are affected by this issue and I don't know about any other fork which fixes it.

Meanwhile, I added checkpoint into wallet, you can download new version from OP. Also, I tried to make 64-bit Windows build (mining should be faster with 64 build), I made some fixes for it but it still fails with some strange linking errors.

I am very curious to hear your plans for further development DEV  Smiley
My immediate plans are:
1. Set up a DNS seed. Currently it uses open BitTorrent trackers for peer discovery but I feel it uncomfortably to rely on 3-rd party services.
2. Make better logo and new splash screen. I'm not a designer myself but I have someone to ask.
3. Make block explorer inside the client. I already have some working code but it is yet incomplete.
4. Make online block explorer.

As for the more distant future, I have many great ideas. Many of them will probably be to difficult to implement but I still want to make something special for this coin.

Sounds good Smiley
Maybe you can keep a contest for the logo, there are some good designers that might be to make something nice.

edit: solomining with wallet works, got my first (immature) block now!
Also I got an error compiling in Ubuntu, a leveldb error.
Was able to solve it like this:

cd spreadcoin/src/leveldb
wget https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/raw/master/src/leveldb/Makefile
chmod 775 * -R
make
make libmemenv.a
cd ..
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=1

So in Ubuntu spreadcoind is working Wink No qt yet though.
Fixed, I added this Makefile (it wasn't added in the initial commit because it was listed in gitignore).

I am very curious to hear your plans for further development DEV  Smiley
My immediate plans are:
1. Set up a DNS seed. Currently it uses open BitTorrent trackers for peer discovery but I feel it uncomfortably to rely on 3-rd party services.
2. Make better logo and new splash screen. I'm not a designer myself but I have someone to ask.
3. Make block explorer inside the client. I already have some working code but it is yet incomplete.
4. Make online block explorer.

As for the more distant future, I have many great ideas. Many of them will probably be to difficult to implement but I still want to make something special for this coin.
I love the guerillalaunch!
I also love that it is only minable with the wallet, meaning that there is something new inside.
Mining with my homepc now, hope to scoop some coins, although difficulty is increasing fast Wink
I see that the DEV, although not experienced with cryptocurrency, is an experienced programmer, not afraid to try something new.
Would be great if someone can review the code to see if there is hidden premine or something like that (don't think so, but just to be sure).
That being said: The OP should be containing more information. The coin needs a nice logo.
Also I got an error compiling in Ubuntu, a leveldb error.
Was able to solve it like this:

cd spreadcoin/src/leveldb
wget https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/raw/master/src/leveldb/Makefile
chmod 775 * -R
make
make libmemenv.a
cd ..
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=1

So in Ubuntu spreadcoind is working Wink No qt yet though.

I am very curious to hear your plans for further development DEV  Smiley
This should be fun... block reward 66.66666666? Maybe you should have just went with 666. No plan, just do a coin for fun called "SpreadCoin".. As in bend over, spread wide and take it deep? lol
The point is to make supply similar to Bitcoin but without abrupt reward halvings. Now it is 66.66666666, in two years it will be 50 and in four years 33.33333333. So that reward will halve in 4 years and supply in the first 4 years will be almost the same as in Bitcoin but without abrupt halvings.

Yeah, looked at some of the source and it mentions DarkSend which I thought was a Darkcoin thing.. and some of the other comments in there seem to indicate it's X11 as well.
Yes, there is DarkSend in the source code but it is currently disabled (beacuse it is still not yet fully implemented in Darkcoin). In the future it may be enabled with hardfork.
Block header was changed in this coin: time value was changed from 32 bits to 64 (to fix year 2106 problem) and block height was added (to make it easier to add extensions later). This is probably the reason why X11 miners don't work, they were optimized for hashing data of some specific size and they can't work with other header sizes while internal miner uses built-in X11 implementation which can hash data of arbitrary size. It is possible to fix external miners but it may be non-trivial. For now you can only mine with built-in miner.
Activity: 126
BitCoin, webdesign and coding.
Activity: 280
Please delete this thread,please so many shit.......
Full of shit Cry
Activity: 252
I am looking for a dev!
why x11 ? you should Change it to x17
Algorithm is X11, I tried external CPU miner and it didn't work for me. I'm still trying to find what is the reason.
But I can say for sure that it isn't X13!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
X13? Nice cheat dev. Few hundred blocks solomined lol.

I do not understand...when i open the gui wallet i see that the splash is from darkcoin, so it should be x11. But you all say that with x11 miners tyou get all rejected.

I checked the algo and seems to me an x13. I set up the pool as x13, it get accepted shares, but not finding blocks yet. The total HR should be very low, so it's quite strange we cannot get blocks in CryptoSkills pools....pleas try to put some hash in it.

For what? This coin is broken.
Activity: 686
Merit: 320

I do not understand...when i open the gui wallet i see that the splash is from darkcoin, so it should be x11. But you all say that with x11 miners tyou get all rejected.

I checked the algo and seems to me an x13. I set up the pool as x13, it get accepted shares, but not finding blocks yet. The total HR should be very low, so it's quite strange we cannot get blocks in CryptoSkills pools....pleas try to put some hash in it.

Yeah, looked at some of the source and it mentions DarkSend which I thought was a Darkcoin thing.. and some of the other comments in there seem to indicate it's X11 as well.
Activity: 126
BitCoin, webdesign and coding.

legendary
Activity: 963
Merit: 1002
Lol, you got me beat shadow  Sad

Don't worry, this photo is free to google. It's not my.  Wink
Jump to: