Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN [STK] STK Global Payments - A New Cryptocurrency for Instant Payments - page 28. (Read 15139 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Hi Catalina,

"Mobile contactless" is built into the STACK Android app (the same technology being used by the likes of Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay).  This allows the app to emulate a tap-and-pay payment card using NFC on the mobile phone to transmit payment information to a payment terminal that accepts contactless.

We will also issue a plastic card in the event that the merchant does not accept contactless or say, when your phone is out of battery.

Hope that helps.

Nick

How does the tap and pay work? Will you have a plastic card as well?
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Join us on Medium!

An interview with David LEE Kuo Chuen, Professor of FinTech and Blockchain at the Singapore University of Social Science & strategic advisor to STK:

https://medium.com/@STKtoken/an-interview-with-david-lee-kuo-chuen-professor-of-fintech-and-blockchain-at-the-singapore-34358564bda5
you just made a fan out of me. this team looks professionist enough to provide a good product. i will watch how this will develop
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
How does the tap and pay work? Will you have a plastic card as well?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hello
Your project is quite ineresting and usefull. Joined to your signature bounty campaign.
May I ask you? In which day post count weekly calculations? I seen, that spreadsheets not updated...
Thank you  Smiley
People from more than 100 countries have registered for our pre-sale. Welcome! 🌍 🙌

https://stktoken.com/
Activity: 8
Yep saw that on the website - thanks for the update!

Pre-sale starts on October 30th.  Public sale is on November 13th.

STK looking better and better, when do we get more info on presale??
Pre-sale starts on October 30th.  Public sale is on November 13th.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself to this thread.  I'm Nick from STK and will be helping out with your inquiries and comments.

We've just announced updated pre-sale and sale timing. Pre-sale will start on October 30th and the public sale on November 13th.

You can read more details here:  https://medium.com/@STKtoken/announcing-new-dates-for-stk-tge-pre-sale-public-sale-4c5252a5d3d3 and we've updated our website with full sale information. www.stktoken.com

Cheers,
NIck
STK
Activity: 18
Hi there!

Price will be pegged to ETH.

Our fundraising goals are tied to our roadmap and deliverables - we're trying to get into as many markets as possible as quickly as we can. Capital raised from the STK Token Generation Event will enable a swift expansion into international markets later next year. The more capital we raise, the faster we can build and deliver our product!

We've had a great response so far, and you'll see more of us in the coming weeks  Smiley

1420 STK / ETH.

~$0.20 / STK.

Price will be pegged to the dollar or ETH?
You want to raise around 100 millions dollars... Its to much. Why you dont have any adversiting on big news boards?  Huh
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
1420 STK / ETH.

~$0.20 / STK.

Price will be pegged to the dollar or ETH?
You want to raise around 100 millions dollars... Its to much. Why you dont have any adversiting on big news boards?  Huh
STK
Join us on Medium!

An interview with David LEE Kuo Chuen, Professor of FinTech and Blockchain at the Singapore University of Social Science & strategic advisor to STK:

https://medium.com/@STKtoken/an-interview-with-david-lee-kuo-chuen-professor-of-fintech-and-blockchain-at-the-singapore-34358564bda5
STK
Stack Adding Crypto Payments to Digital Wallet with STK Token

https://techvibes.com/2017/10/06/stack-adding-cryptocurrency-payments-to-digital-wallet-announces-stk-token

“STK aims to break down the cryptocurrency usability barrier and make crypto as familiar to use as traditional payments, all with no fees and no confirmation delays,” said Ethan Wilding, co-founder of Ledger Labs. Wilding is also a founding team member of the Ethereum blockchain.
Activity: 8
STK
Hi there! State channels are not a centralized system. The transactions are signed from your personal phone. If you take funds out of the channel you can do so without permission. STK ensures that the owing amount is left behind.

Hello!

Thanks for your question! The payment channel solves that problem. Payment channels don't need to be mined -- as soon as the signature is there, the commitment has been made (that's the "promise"). The settlement/mining happens at opening and closing the channel.

Hope that helps!

Somewhat.

So...the payment channel is centralised and relies on a Trusted Third Party?
Activity: 631
Merit: 258
Hello!

Thanks for your question! The payment channel solves that problem. Payment channels don't need to be mined -- as soon as the signature is there, the commitment has been made (that's the "promise"). The settlement/mining happens at opening and closing the channel.

Hope that helps!

Somewhat.

So...the payment channel is centralised and relies on a Trusted Third Party?
STK
Hello!

Hope that helps!

From the article:
STK resolves the above problems by acting as a middleman between the existing payment rails and customers’ private crypto wallets. The STK token provides access to a payment channel between a crypto wallet and a 3rd party liquidity provider. This liquidity provider holds a reserve of local currency. Initially, the liquidity provider will be STACK. When making a purchase using STK tokens,
STK obtains a signed transaction from the customer promising to send cryptocurrency from their wallet to STACK’s wallet.
STACK then pays for the purchase from it’s own local currency reserve, using the existing payment rails.

Normally a transfer of say Ethereum is validated by miners, but Stack seems to be saying they will short circuit this process? Is that right?

Otherwise how will it be instantaneous?

On what basis does stack accept the promise?
[/quote]
STK
Hi there. Great questions!

STK’s pool already has the funds in local domestic currency, waiting for the POS transaction. The exchange happens after the fact; when we close the channel we take our payments out and exchange them to fiat to replenish the pool of funds.

Let me know if that helps to answer your questions! We've also posted a Medium article that explains some of the backend technology. You can check it out here: https://medium.com/@STKtoken/how-stk-works-6a504a50d843

OK. Let's say I'm in Canada. I want to pay for my coffee with Ethereum using this app.

I do the transaction using the state channel etc.

So behind the scenes, and perhaps happening after the fact by utilising the liquidity pool to speed things up  I presume.....

1. The Ethereum is sold for USD?

2. The USD is then exchanged for Canadian dollars?

3. the Canadian dollars are sent to the cafe

Where do these things happen and what are the expected costs?
Activity: 29
Hi, who is the main competitor for the STK project? Can we have some analysis on that?
Great article! Explains STK token really well. This team knows their stuff

Insightful Medium article authored by the STK CTO about how the STK token works to enable instant cryptocurrency payments at point-of-sale:

https://medium.com/@STKtoken/how-stk-works-6a504a50d843

From the article:
STK resolves the above problems by acting as a middleman between the existing payment rails and customers’ private crypto wallets. The STK token provides access to a payment channel between a crypto wallet and a 3rd party liquidity provider. This liquidity provider holds a reserve of local currency. Initially, the liquidity provider will be STACK. When making a purchase using STK tokens,
STK obtains a signed transaction from the customer promising to send cryptocurrency from their wallet to STACK’s wallet.
STACK then pays for the purchase from it’s own local currency reserve, using the existing payment rails.

Normally a transfer of say Ethereum is validated by miners, but Stack seems to be saying they will short circuit this process? Is that right?

Otherwise how will it be instantaneous?

On what basis does stack accept the promise?
OK. Let's say I'm in Canada. I want to pay for my coffee with Ethereum using this app.

I do the transaction using the state channel etc.

So behind the scenes, and perhaps happening after the fact by utilising the liquidity pool to speed things up  I presume.....

1. The Ethereum is sold for USD?

2. The USD is then exchanged for Canadian dollars?

3. the Canadian dollars are sent to the cafe

Where do these things happen and what are the expected costs?
Pages:
Jump to: