Author

Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage - page 107. (Read 389670 times)

legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
July 17, 2014, 06:35:12 PM
Unlike most other coins we are establishing a community fund. It is balanced against the dev fund, so each gets 15%. The idea is that the community should have the same or more power than the devs. To make this happen we will have to build a multi-signature wallet. We will be using copay for the BTC that the community holds, but we will have to build a new wallet for the SJCX.

This has never been done before, but I think everyone will start to follow this model once they see it in action. The community should be key in a coin, not the devs.

As far as any remaining SJCX from the crowdsale here is our current plan:
1) Distribute it through hard drive mining/farming to the crowdsale participants
2) Use it for future crowdsales for new Storj platforms(decentralized Youtube, Imgur, etc.)

So someone who contributes 1 BTC to the crowdsale could end up with 4-5 BTC worth of SJCX by the time the network goes public. Those who don't participate in the crowdsale won't be able participate in the early network. They will be able to generate addresses and use SJCX, but they won't be able to mine.

Thanks for calling us out on it, and let me know if I answered your question.
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
July 17, 2014, 10:50:44 AM
truly this ipo is overpriced.... overpriced compare to sia and compare to safecoin as well...
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
July 17, 2014, 10:38:04 AM
Let me brief this IPO
Goal: 10000BTC
IPO percentage: 70%

dev will keep 15% and community will keep 15%(not sure what's used for, I think it's kept by dev too)
Safe coin is better than this coin and it just raised 7000 BTC but when it hits exchange, trade price is below the IPO price, so you know your choice.
A question to DEV, when IPO end but you don't raise 10000BTC, let us say 2000 BTC, so what will you deal with the left storj?
Activity: 859
Merit: 1004
BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo
July 16, 2014, 07:04:18 PM
Is it possible to invest? Huh
Yes from Friday. storj.io/crowdsale
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
July 16, 2014, 05:40:52 PM
Is it possible to invest? Huh
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 16, 2014, 06:05:57 AM
Great project, good luck for the crowdsale !
legendary
July 10, 2014, 09:05:44 PM
I have not read all the posts (IT'S GREATER THAN 10 PAGES!!!! Tongue), but, upon scanning your website, this very much looks like the Seattle Project, where users would allocate fractions of the CPU cycles and HDD storage space to the community. I really liked the Seattle Project, but unfortunately my city did not have anything similar(last time i checked.)

But Storj seems to take it a step ahead, with privacy and decentralization. Like it. Gonna get signed up on the website.
In the next few days, we will be putting out some emails with our 2 slide decks. One goes over Storj, the other goes over the crowdsale. We have boiled it all down to a couple of pretty pictures. No one wants to read through 10 page to get all the info.

http://storj.io goes a pretty good job of explaining the basics.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 10, 2014, 07:08:04 PM
I have not read all the posts (IT'S GREATER THAN 10 PAGES!!!! Tongue), but, upon scanning your website, this very much looks like the Seattle Project, where users would allocate fractions of the CPU cycles and HDD storage space to the community. I really liked the Seattle Project, but unfortunately my city did not have anything similar(last time i checked.)

But Storj seems to take it a step ahead, with privacy and decentralization. Like it. Gonna get signed up on the website.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
July 10, 2014, 06:59:13 PM
Joined the presentation by Shawn at storj today. They have pretty awesome beta clients and hoping to use it in the coming weeks.
legendary
July 10, 2014, 04:21:19 PM

Is there a pre-sale scheduled for this?
Crowdsale begins in 5 days if everything goes to plan. Yes there is a pre-crowdsale going on now. We might have to process these manually so its not open to the public. If you want to contribute 25 BTC or more to the crowdsale contact me directly, and I can explain the terms and fit you in. If not just wait a couple of days.

Any news? Beta running?
Have to go to http://storjtalk.org/ if you want to get into the Metadisk beta. Will start a beta list for DriveMiner in the next few days there as well.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
July 10, 2014, 02:47:06 PM
Any news? Beta running?
Activity: 282
Fear only from the fear itself
July 02, 2014, 08:13:36 AM

Is there a pre-sale scheduled for this?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
June 25, 2014, 11:59:29 AM
Why do people need decentralized storage? Just for Storj coins?

IMO, centralized storage is enough for me.
So you trust Dropbox/Condoleezza-Rice to back up your altcoin wallets?

Decentralizing and encrypting as much as possible is the only way that we can send a clear message to the fascist US/EU institutions that they have stepped over a clear red line, and that we will not just let them rape our privacy without a fight like they have been used to in the past. It is their own fault, they asked for it.

What is going on is so sickening beyond believed that I can't even find the words to describe my disgust.

Not only are privacy concerns a reason for decentralizing cloud storage but efficiency is a major concern too.  When you purchase cloud storage from Amazon, Apple, or Dropbox, you're paying extra for overhead costs like data center maintenance and cooling costs.  A decentralized network will also be much faster/more efficient because you'll be able to download the files from multiple nodes at once; the nodes will also likely be closer to you on average instead of originating from a central point.
Activity: 322
Decentralize All The Things!
June 23, 2014, 06:32:16 PM

Decentralizing and encrypting as much as possible is the only way that we can send a clear message to the fascist US/EU institutions that they have stepped over a clear red line, and that we will not just let them rape our privacy without a fight like they have been used to in the past. It is their own fault, they asked for it.

What is going on is so sickening beyond believed that I can't even find the words to describe my disgust.
Activity: 249
June 23, 2014, 01:10:40 PM

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
June 23, 2014, 12:14:40 PM

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 23, 2014, 10:46:40 AM
We have our own forum now at http://storjtalk.org. We will be giving out 1 SJ0 per post when we do our crowdsale soon.

weariness for too much IPO. hope STORJ good lucky!
any patent problem with Storj ? http://www.jstor.org/
We are not doing an IPO. Thats only for silly little altcoins. Cheesy

We are doing a crowdsale so we can have more full time developers on the project. Working out the final details this week. I think once we release the details you will see that this is way different than what you are used to.

We should be fine on that.
Is there any update regarding crowd sale schedule
legendary
Bitcoin is a bit**
June 23, 2014, 10:06:56 AM
Hope so. Anyway - i believe storj will be huge!
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
June 23, 2014, 08:43:16 AM
Really interested in but why so complicated? ( SJ1, SJ2, SJx, Metadiskcoin ,..)

Its not really that complicated. It will get more simple as we get further along.
legendary
Bitcoin is a bit**
June 23, 2014, 06:43:49 AM
Really interested in but why so complicated? ( SJ1, SJ2, SJx, Metadiskcoin ,..)
Jump to: