Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage - page 18. (Read 400953 times)

Activity: 257
Merit: 250
I need create a token or just my adres BTC in coonterwallet in enough to rent my drive?

Create counterparty wallet, add that address to Storjshare, start renting.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Is there a prediction about my rewards for the next month? Can I move the storj user- and workingfolder to a new computer with more capacity and start the "mining"process again?

If I delete the sharefolder is it a problem for the network and the stored files?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I need create a token or just my adres BTC in coonterwallet in enough to rent my drive?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

You don't need to hold SJCX in your wallet to get paid, but if you want to have 100% rewards, then you need to hold 1000 SJCX. Please note that exchange wallets do not work, you need to have it in counterparty wallet.

If is a manual payment for share space, why only counterparty wallet? Is the payout address on a exchange not enough to payout the share rewards of storj? Or is there an aditional "mining"process in counterparty wallet for 100% effectiveness.

Ah ok I found the information on the Website.  Cheesy
Day almost left i have steal 0 SJCX.Now i check in another adres, must have  min 10000 coins to share my free space and earn but earning is very slow.
not now what I know, you need no SJCX
And as I mention above you have to wait next month (earlier you can check if you are in the spreadsheet - but I don't know exactly where this spreadsheet is Sad )
LEt someone smarter explain

Is there link available to check spreadshit ?

You don't need to hold SJCX in your wallet to get paid, but if you want to have 100% rewards, then you need to hold 1000 SJCX. Please note that exchange wallets do not work, you need to have it in counterparty wallet.

Payouts are once a month, october rewards are paid in november and so on. For now they have been handled manually.

Link to payout sheet: https://keybase.pub/frdwrd/11-16%20Payout%20Proposal%20v2.csv
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002
Day almost left i have steal 0 SJCX.Now i check in another adres, must have  min 10000 coins to share my free space and earn but earning is very slow.
And as I mention above you have to wait next month (earlier you can check if you are in the spreadsheet - but I don't know exactly where this spreadsheet is Sad )

Is there link available to check spreadshit ?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
I connected my 8gb USB flash with Storj client,
and after drive is complete loaded with data,  I get message:
"Invalid storage size" and cant connect it anymore.

Anyone have idea how to resolve this?
8 GB is low i testing how much i will get with my 500 gb disk.Now i have 0 sjcx after 3 hours.

Its just for testing how Storj works with flash drive.

You will not get SJCX so fast... payouts occur a week after month end
there are manual payment, yes?
and there is a spreasheet ?
and in December payments are for October?
Please correct me if I write something wrong
legendary

8 GB is low i testing how much i will get with my 500 gb disk.Now i have 0 sjcx after 3 hours.

Its just for testing how Storj works with flash drive.

You will not get SJCX so fast... payouts occur a week after month end

legendary

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
How is possible to mine this coin and where exchange?

Storj calls "mining" as "farming" since you start up a Hard Drive farm from which you can earn SJCX.

SO you need to download their storjshare GUI software, install it on your computer, allocate the space you are willing to share and fire it up. Now you are farming! The more data you store on your harddrive, and the more your farm has uptime, the more you earn SJCX.

Or if you are more tech savvy you might want to use their CLI client to do the same thing.

You can buy/sell SJCX from exchanges like poloniex or bittrex

Based on what I've read on their faq,you need a fast internet connection to be able to connect to their network,because storage seller like you who allow your storage to be get rented are vying for sellers like you,if your connection is disconnected you will lose your earning too

Your internet doesn't have to be fast - I don't think. As long as it's stable.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments

Storj calls "mining" as "farming" since you start up a Hard Drive farm from which you can earn SJCX.

SO you need to download their storjshare GUI software, install it on your computer, allocate the space you are willing to share and fire it up. Now you are farming! The more data you store on your harddrive, and the more your farm has uptime, the more you earn SJCX.

Or if you are more tech savvy you might want to use their CLI client to do the same thing.

Based on what I've read on their faq,you need a fast internet connection to be able to connect to their network,because storage seller like you who allow your storage to be get rented are vying for sellers like you,if your connection is disconnected you will lose your earning too

We're proud to announce that we have finished our airdrop! If you hold at least one of the Counterparty based assets listed below, YOUR WALLET maybe one of the lucky recepients. We divided the 4,600,000 KarmaToken (KTN) Airdrop fund among 9000 wallets and everyone of them received 511 KTN, IF YOU HOLD THESE ASSETS ON CRYPTO EXCHANGES, BE SURE TO ASK THEM TO CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT! Those KTN are yours!

We will be requesting POLONIEX, BITTREX and BLEUTRADE to list KTN on their exchanges ASAP. You can also do the same personally. BTW If you have installed a Counterparty based APP, like Indiesquare and Book of Orbs, chances are some of them have received the KTN too.

At this point we have sent ALL the 4,600,000+ airdrop fund shares of the following Counterparty asset holders:

KARMATOKEN - Lucky 72 wallets, the asset group received a total of 36,792  KTN

CTGTOKENS - Lucky 21 wallets, the asset group received a total of 10,731 KTN

TOKENLY - Lucky 10 wallets, the asset group received a total of 5,110 KTN

PEPECASH -Lucky 661 wallets, the asset group received a total of 337,771 KTN

PROTOXENIUM - Lucky 58 wallets, the asset group received a total of 29,638 KTN

BITCRYSTALS - Lucky 842 wallets, the asset group received a total of 430,262

FLDC - Lucky 1,905 wallets the asset group received a total of 973,455 KTN

SJCX - Lucky  3164 wallets the asset group received a total of 1,616,804 KTN

LTBC- Lucky  2264 wallets the asset group received a total of 1,158,948 KTN

As much as possible, we avoided sending 511 to the same address holding multiple assets listed above. We  are happily human Cheesy

Congratulations once again. You now have the tokens of goodwill ambassadors! Welcome to the Good Karma Society.
Our Indiesquare wallet installation PROMO is still going on for another 100 KTN.

Very nice :d
I have to check in a while my XCP wallet

But I have entered there to ask about Storj payment..
Could you tell me what was condition to enter the list? Many of my friends which host stroj have not got payment.. and why?
Activity: 504
Trade WEALTH for Good Karma

We're proud to announce that we have finished our airdrop! If you hold at least one of the Counterparty based assets listed below, YOUR WALLET maybe one of the lucky recepients. We divided the 4,600,000 KarmaToken (KTN) Airdrop fund among 9000 wallets and everyone of them received 511 KTN, IF YOU HOLD THESE ASSETS ON CRYPTO EXCHANGES, BE SURE TO ASK THEM TO CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT! Those KTN are yours!

We will be requesting POLONIEX, BITTREX and BLEUTRADE to list KTN on their exchanges ASAP. You can also do the same personally. BTW If you have installed a Counterparty based APP, like Indiesquare and Book of Orbs, chances are some of them have received the KTN too.

At this point we have sent ALL the 4,600,000+ airdrop fund shares of the following Counterparty asset holders:

KARMATOKEN - Lucky 72 wallets, the asset group received a total of 36,792  KTN

CTGTOKENS - Lucky 21 wallets, the asset group received a total of 10,731 KTN

TOKENLY - Lucky 10 wallets, the asset group received a total of 5,110 KTN

PEPECASH -Lucky 661 wallets, the asset group received a total of 337,771 KTN

PROTOXENIUM - Lucky 58 wallets, the asset group received a total of 29,638 KTN

BITCRYSTALS - Lucky 842 wallets, the asset group received a total of 430,262

FLDC - Lucky 1,905 wallets the asset group received a total of 973,455 KTN

SJCX - Lucky  3164 wallets the asset group received a total of 1,616,804 KTN

LTBC- Lucky  2264 wallets the asset group received a total of 1,158,948 KTN

As much as possible, we avoided sending 511 to the same address holding multiple assets listed above. We  are happily human Cheesy

Congratulations once again. You now have the tokens of goodwill ambassadors! Welcome to the Good Karma Society.
Our Indiesquare wallet installation PROMO is still going on for another 100 KTN.

Activity: 729
I don't work for Storj, so I'm not going to fetch anything for you.  You'll have to do that for yourself.

The way payment happens right now, is that Storj is paying farmers during the beta.  They distribute 1 million coins (I believe) and depending on how many farmers there are, each gets a percentage of that amount.  You earn more if you have a constant up-time, you have active contracts and you are holding data (Not just offering space), and if you have 1,000 SJCX as collateral (Although this feature may not be implemented at this time.)   So the amount you would make varies by all of these factors.

Even when Storj is out of beta, you would only make what people are going to pay you for storage.  Depending on how available your shared drive is, and the speed of your network, will ultimately determine how much you may make.  Without question, the algo will likely provide contracts to farmers who are older vs new.  The longer you are involved as a farmer, the more contracts you will appreciate.

To your last question...

What happens if someone uploads something forbidden.  At least at the outset, you would not know this.  All data being uploaded is encrypted, and split up.  Your shared drive would contain 8 megabyte encrypted chunks of data that you have no way of seeing. 

Law enforcement would likely reach out to the Storj team, or whoever hosts the Bridge.  (Anyone can host a bridge, but the bridge handles payouts, so likely Storj will manage the bridge for most farmers.)  The Storj team would "likely" provide information to law enforcement, and if provided the files, could purge them or at the very least, prevent the files from being downloaded via the Bridge.  (Which is essentially required.)

Storj isn't meant (AFAIK) to be a darknet.  It's meant to give you control over your data and keep anyone else's eyes off of it. 

Now that all being said, the actual file system currently allows files to be uploaded unencrypted and retrieved unencrypted.  So it is currently possible for someone to upload an illegal file to you, and you would be hosting it in the clear.  You would still be legally protected under the same rules that govern ISP's (At least in the United States.) but it could still be a nightmare of legality to deal with.

Storj farmers will eventually be able to determine what kind of data they want to host.  I don't know the details of this, or how they intend to actually patrol this other than mimetype tags.  Encryption may also never be mandatory.  I haven't heard word about this either.  If the intended use of the KFS system is to branch into other applications beyond file hosting, it may not be something they'll want to implement.

It is still early days, and Storj is coming along fine.  A lot of these issues will be taken up and dealt with as they get closer to the official launch.  When that happens, more details can and will be provided, I'm sure.

In my opinion, Storj's strength lies in the torrent like downloading apparatus that it uses.  Rather than being tied to one host's upload limit for your whole file, you can start downloading 100 pieces (Or more or less) of your file at once.  This provides maximum utilization of your download bandwidth. 
You'll get better help on Rocketchat community.storj.io

Right now, Storj is in beta and storage is free but not guaranteed to remain available until it emerges from beta.  So you are storing files at your own risk.

File storage can be replicated up to 10 times.  The default is 3.

They are going to introduce error correction, so that should help prevent loss of data. 

Thanks
I have no time to enter every good coin slack so I'd like to get answer here.
I hope rate will be soon more clear f.e. I will see dynamic amount of earned storj..
I have one more question.
What if someone put forbidden content?
Pages:
Jump to: