Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage - page 33. (Read 400953 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 100
Thrive
I believe 2015 will be a great year for storj and for crypto in General but for storj specifically Smiley Because It has a lot to offer from being able to rent your hard drive to keeping your files secure.. and so on!
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Storjcoin is doing so well so far, and i think that it's price will increase when Driveshare is launched
Activity: 23
 I think SJCX is completely undervalued at the moment.... Once the features are ready for the public SJCX will soar!!  Cool
The future of Storjcoin looks bright Cheesy
It might be last weeks ever when we see StorjCoin < 1mBtc. I've been wrong before though.
Activity: 17
SJCX went down to 0.129mBTC earlier today in Poloniex, but I failed to scoop them Smiley

I saw that...it happened about an hour or half after I picked some more up.  Bad timing is bad timing. 

It's not like I regret the buy though which is a lot different than I can say about many other other coins with a similar scenario...; )

Haha, nice to see I'm not alone with that feelings.  Wink
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
SJCX went down to 0.129mBTC earlier today in Poloniex, but I failed to scoop them Smiley

I saw that...it happened about an hour or half after I picked some more up.  Bad timing is bad timing. 

It's not like I regret the buy though which is a lot different than I can say about many other other coins with a similar scenario...; )
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
I would remind everyone that there will be a minimum of 4 of copies of every shred of data in the network (and that possibly needs to be raised higher during beta to avoid datacorruption when the thing goes live).

So imagine the consequences of that fact in terms of storage, bandwith requirements and effect on the price of SJCX  Grin

These prices are really low right now
Do help to spread the word and subscribe to the subreddit @ http://www.reddit.com/r/storj/

subbed for sure. will be following this project for the foreseeable future.

Definitely. p2p is absolutely the way to go. I live near the Sony lot and they're STILL in a shambles, their company-wide system down, doing stuff by pen and paper!
hah. someone should send them a tip about storj  Grin
Activity: 728
Definitely. p2p is absolutely the way to go. I live near the Sony lot and they're STILL in a shambles, their company-wide system down, doing stuff by pen and paper!

I'm actually curious to see if any large companies will see decentralized storage as the way to go in the near future.  If the tech is sound then it sounds like a no brainer, security wise, but the idea of decentralization seems to run counter to their very centralized mentalities.  Enabling the little guy to be a part of the storage of their files seems like a hard sell to begin with...; )
Do help to spread the word and subscribe to the subreddit @ http://www.reddit.com/r/storj/

Activity: 32
The 10 000 SJCX minimum to participate in the beta was set before the price increase of the SJCX, if I recall correctly, at that time, the price hovered at around 4k satoshis, so the 10 000 SJCX was echivalent to 0.4 BTC. Now the price is about 3x as much. Maybe, if the devs need more beta-testers, they might lower the threshold, who knows.
Activity: 1540

I guess I missed that. Interesting read.
It seems like everyday a new altcoin pops up, but Storjcoin looks really great so far. No joke. Those prices are really good, and I think once the DriveShare and such launches the price will definitely increase. Good job Storj team!

totally agree, gonna be an awesome Year 2015. #SJCX rocks!

Totally!

I'm glad to see something useful from crypto. This shows that we're moving in right direction.
I regret not buying this during crowdsale  Angry

It's never too late. I hope  Wink
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
still, will people really use it over Dropbox? will it be reliable enough? The beginning will be.. rough, very rough. As it was with bitcoin.

I can think of several reasons someone might choose a service like storj over Dropbox:

• the data is under the absolute control of the owner and no one, no hacker or government, can browse it for giggles
  • storage using a service where end users can also be participants utilizes storage space that might otherwise go unused and will have a lower marginal cost than a dedicated centralized service
  • Because of the nature of the distributed peers, downloads have the potential to be much faster than they might be from a centralized service.
  • The end user could increase the level of redundancy to ensure that short of a complete world collapse, the data would persist. No centralized service can make this kind of promise.
  • The ultimate cost to the end user will ultimately pay less for a service that is more robust.

I do agree that it will take a few years for this kind of service to become solid as a rock, but I think the journey is worth it.

Subbed!  Also shared with my System Admin friend  Cool
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
looks like I'm removing all my sell orders  Grin

I think in the future a 1.5 - 3 billion valuation would be fair .01 to 0.02 btc some day.

Bethecloud

+1, at least 0.001 after final release. When we get more customers and big companies customers, the price will fly to an unimaginable level.  Cheesy
Activity: 23
 I'M not worried about the price of SJCX right now... When DriveShare, Metadisk, #Factom, goes public the price will increase, if and when it hits a few more highly noted exchanges the volume will rise which will have a impact on the price.. Cool
Pages:
Jump to: