Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage - page 37. (Read 400953 times)

Activity: 390
Merit: 250
Interesting project, good luck!
Too bad I discovered Storj just now.. I'd love to participate in testing.

Well, subscribed to newsletters, twitter and here; that should do it for now ;)
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
DriveShare in Asia 12/22/14 3:30AM UTC

DriveShare in Europe 12/22/14 3:30AM UTC

DriveShare in the Americas 12/22/14 3:30AM UTC

Join Storj on Hangouts tonight at 8PM EST for the DriveShare Beta - Test Group A - Live Launch!

https://plus.google.com/events/cimbcj04afv2sj0mbis90uuvuh4

Dear Storj supporters,

We are announcing the start of Test Group A. We want to be sure you understand the requirements to participate and what outcomes we expect from Test Group A.

Requirements
  • A crowdsale SJCX address where you control the private key, to be able to sign a message for ownership verification. We recommend using Counterwallet. Addresses from exchanges and sources you don’t control will not be valid.
  • A balance of 10,000 SJCX in your crowdsale address. Your original crowdsale address can be topped up to and over 10,000 SJCX to be eligible.

What outcomes do we expect from Test Group A
  • To get load testing experience and statistics on our verification nodes.
  • To get uptime statistics for farmers, which is useful data for our distribution algorithms.

Who is Test Group A for
This is our first software beta and there may be technical problems and issues. Ideally we would prefer power-users, willing to deal with the problems and give us feedback. Users not willing to go through technical issues, troubleshooting, and actively provide feedback, should participate in later test groups.
  • There will be no SJCX rewards for participants.
  • We will not be loading users' hard drives with data yet, only 100-byte test files.

Ready to Get Started?
  • Proper instructions and support will be provided at the Hangout and IRC at release time.
  • Visit the Dedicated Thread for Support and Feedback on StorjTalk.

Not Eligible?

When is the launch?
The launch will be on Saturday December 20 at 8 PM (EST). We will host a live hangout and an IRC chat. In that event we will provide instructions and support, as well as answer questions. If there are any updates or delays we will keep you informed via social media or email.

Have a great day,
The Storj Team
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Could someone explain the use of holding this asset after the initial crowdsale is complete? Will we receive dividends? I'm confused as to how the price of this coin will be driven up after the initial crowdsale process.
For platforms such as Storj and Ethereum, there is a new term that is still being figured out. Basically its the idea of fuel or gas. You need the token(SJCX) to use/participate in the software. Therefore the token has value, and demand because it has a use. This is unlike traditional coins which usually draw their demand from speculation.
Could someone explain the use of holding this asset after the initial crowdsale is complete? Will we receive dividends? I'm confused as to how the price of this coin will be driven up after the initial crowdsale process.

Storjcoin X (SJCX) is a token for buying and renting storage. Nothing more than that. It doesn't give out dividends.
The price of the coin will be driven by the market, at times of high demand for storage the price should go up and viceversa when demand is low.
It is a Counterparty asset and there can only ever exist 500 million of them.
Activity: 172
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
Where did the preview/teaser picture run off too?
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Great potential. will add to portfolio!  Grin
The official Storj Whitepaper has now been released!

http://storj.io/storj.pdf
So I have to keep SJCX with Poloniex? For how long? Thanks for reply!

SJCX is a Counterparty asset, if you want to take them away from Poloniex you can always transfer them to your counterwallet address instead.

https://counterwallet.io

You can also keep them in Armory, here is a guide on our forum on how to do that.

https://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=1719.0
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hi everybody. Silly question but I figured I have few SJCX with poloniex exchange. I'd like to do withdrawal but I am not sure how it works. Please correct me if I am wrong but the only thing I need is to send those coins to my bitcoin address and make sure I have private key right? Or does SJCX use different type of addresses like other alt coins?

Thanks for any help!
Wrong. You can't withdraw your SJCX because there isn't a SJCX wallet.

So I have to keep SJCX with Poloniex? For how long? Thanks for reply!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Hi everybody. Silly question but I figured I have few SJCX with poloniex exchange. I'd like to do withdrawal but I am not sure how it works. Please correct me if I am wrong but the only thing I need is to send those coins to my bitcoin address and make sure I have private key right? Or does SJCX use different type of addresses like other alt coins?

Thanks for any help!
Wrong. You can't withdraw your SJCX because there isn't a SJCX wallet.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0

Thanks for any help!
Is there a ballpark ETA for the initial release of this project?

There is an ETA for our DriveShare Early Release.

More info here: http://storj.io/earlyaccess

We will take it from there.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Is there a ballpark ETA for the initial release of this project?
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
We use multiple blockchains including the Bitcoin blockchain. Sidechains don't exist yet(and probably won't till 2016), so we won't really think about it till then.
legendary
Will Storj also use a blockchain of its own?  If so, will it be a sidechain to Bitcoin or totally separate?

Bear with us on that one, we haven't made a decision yet.

That's to both questions?
Will Storj also use a blockchain of its own?  If so, will it be a sidechain to Bitcoin or totally separate?

Bear with us on that one, we haven't made a decision yet.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: