Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] STRAKS - A POW/Masternode Cryptocurrency focused on e-commerce utility - page 65. (Read 144878 times)

Activity: 400
Merit: 101
So much time has passed and the coin is nowhere to buy Starks, when do you plan to organize the exchange?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Quote from: Chromexnet
So basically you don't have a better suggestion but you think the choices that were made were wrong?
Yes I am just looking at what is known and how I think it should have been done. The problem for now is that no matter what the solution is going forward, I don't really see a way out. If they cancel the swap now SIGT will tank and confidence will be lost in devs, if they reverse premine or restart coin there are also various implications. Very tough call and I wish the developers and users the best. I will also say the current plan of 6 years is way too ambitious, I think the vast majority can't believe that a small altcoin like this would even last a few years (if not months). On top of that, this coin is so entangled with Signatum, which has such a tragic and shady history that it's simply unbelievable from my perspective.

There was a good Lyra2V2 miner for AMD: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mkxminer-fast-lyra2zlyra2rev2-miner-for-amd-gpu-zcoin-gincoin-vert-mona-2360168 It seems be down at the moment, maybe someone can upload the binaries?
That looks interesting, I was not aware of it. But there seem to be various limitations, like it only supports nicehash? Seems to have a fee and violates GPL? Also the binaries are missing as you say, and obviously no source available.

If you remove the burn but allow swap to happen, how do you control which coins have been swapped already? For example, if someone swaps their coins and then sells them on an exchange, how is the buyer supposed to know they have been swapped already? What if someone finds a way to re-swap them? Burning after swap is really the best solution.
That's a good point, but of course the simple solution would be to hold the coin during swap and return after swap is complete. Or the most simple solution would be a 1:1 fork, if you wanted to simply continue SIGT.

If there's no premine, no ICO and no dev fees then how are the devs supposed to be paid? You do realize the devs can't mine anything if there's several hundreds of GH/s being thrown at the coin right from the start, like was the case with Straks?
That's a valid point as well, but I feel confidence of the community would have been much higher if there was no premine or fees. But I already answered this question, if the devs really thought this coin was worth it they could use their own funds to buy it early or invest in early mining. The entire point of any coin is that value is supposed to increase with time, if devs don't see this happening then it seems like another pump and dump situation. Also keep in mind that the reason originally why SIGT gained some popularity is due to the fact that there were no fees, ICO or premine.

The hash rate seems to be very volatile at the moment but on average it's higher today than yesterday.
Well i don't know about that, I was testing mining around this time and it was at least 100Mh/s and now it's 85Mh/s so seems a bit lower.

-----------------------

Now here is a question for you Chromexnet. Do you actually believe that the current plan will work out? What suggestions are you willing to propose? Because as you can tell there are quite a few people voicing their opinion right now and it's not looking good. Do you really believe this coin will succeed with the current plans in motion?

Furthermore I just want to say, I am not a big holder of any coins, and have never invested any major amount into anything. I just love to experiment with mining on my computers. So I was never burned by SIGT, but I found it interesting and certainly some of the early hype was exciting. I was able to mine several hundred SIGT, mostly just to test things out & it was never worth much even at the very height. So my perspective is outside devs, bag holders, speculators/investors, etc. I'm just trying to figure things out and to see what the best solution moving forward, as I was interested in the continuation of SIGT community after everyone was so badly treated. A lot of opinion is clouded by people having certain investments, just wanted to point out this is not the case for me.

Fair enough, I do agree on most points you make. It's a pleasure to have a civilized conversation for a change. It seems to many people in this thread are just trolling hard.

As for your question, I really can't say what will happen. I do have trust on the devs and I think they are doing a good job in a tough situation. As far as I can see they have been honest and it's just bad timing (and bad luck) on certain announcements that have got them into trouble. It's not easy to please both parties; Straks miners and Sigt holders at the same time. But since both parties are now complaining I guess it means the devs have the balance sort of right. Grin

Whether the coin lives or not, I think that really depends on the community. Even if the devs do a great job, if the community drops the support and the coin value tanks then obviously there's no incentive to keep developing further. That's why I'd hope there would be more constructive discussion here on how the coin should be developed in the future. Moaning about the swap details, or accusing devs of pump and dump (which there isn't any proof of) isn't really helping in anything. Btw, I'm not referring to you relayd but some others in this thread.

Dude, r u thinkin about "bad luck" for real? They have many weeks to think about their strategy and we all are waiting for some news. Now, after months inside this community, I must belive in a casual and bad luck error? LOL, "maybe" u r a little bit naive Wink 
Anyway, after all, no one of the devs prove us that they haven't sell their Sigt bags. They just banned who ask for prove that this suspicious timing is not to take an advantage.
That's all. I'm talking about this and I have all to lose spreading fud. But I accept my loss and I want to invite people to use their brain. If I'm wrong I'll happy, but atm everything drive me to this conclusions.
Take care
Activity: 1478
Merit: 264
A. NVIDIA-TPruvot ccminer-x64.exe miner does a good job on nvidia. Especially on neoscrypt algorithm.. I use it for straks too (-a lyra2v2).

Q's.
Any premine ?
When will it be on exchange, coinmarketcap and whattomine ?
Activity: 194
Merit: 12
Trust me. I'm a holder.
150.000.000 coin supply. I minning 1080 ti one day and only earn 1.8 straks. My opinion mining is not advantageous at all.  Cry Cry
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Are the SIGT that they sell at coinsmarkets also V1 coins to be traded for STRAK? And can I exchange the coins until or at the 29th?

i sent some sigt from coinsmarkets to yobit so they are the same coin
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Are the SIGT that they sell at coinsmarkets also V1 coins to be traded for STRAK? And can I exchange the coins until or at the 29th?
Activity: 158
mine safe o/
Add POLYtimos coin to this list. Same people. Same behavior. Same price drop after getting at exchange.

Again, you would need solid irrefutable evidence, otherwise you are just throwing accusations in the wind.

Well, only STRAKS in this list is doubtful as a scam.
And by circumstances, I posted a reply to this thread seeing other familiar coins in the list.

Honestly, I wish you luck with getting both SIGT/STRAKS to better places in the cryptoworld. Because it would be fair to let people get their money back.
But who will invest that much? Who will get enough trust and confidence among those ruins?
I take my words back for now, and I hope I will not come back here yelling "TOLD YA! I TOLD YOU ALL!!! AARRRR!!"
Time will show. But I personally will not invest in any of this pair. Sorry.
Activity: 209
Join Cashbery Coin!
Dev already earned, with information. on the exchange for 6 years. Knowing this, he speculated with Signatum. It is necessary to file a lawsuit, preferably of the citizens of the USA) Straks just a cover for another fraud

Typical American, let's just sue them, lol.

Find them, prove it and see if you can get any lawyer to take that case, good luck.
Activity: 40
Signatum, LUX, STRAKS are  the same developers of the coin, where there is a Scam, and everywhere you can say "...left project as Satoshi did with bitcoin, it can kill Sigma?"

You would need solid irrefutable proof, before making such accusations.
I agree with your opinion. Need more, transparent evidence.
Activity: 7
6 years, it sounds like a joke
Activity: 280
Add POLYtimos coin to this list. Same people. Same behavior. Same price drop after getting at exchange.

Again, you would need solid irrefutable evidence, otherwise you are just throwing accusations in the wind.
Activity: 364
Dev already earned, with information. on the exchange for 6 years. Knowing this, he speculated with Signatum. It is necessary to file a lawsuit, preferably of the citizens of the USA) Straks just a cover for another fraud

dev doesnt need to mess with signatum, he has a huge straks premine.  no lawyer would take your case
Activity: 158
mine safe o/
What risks do i incur if i do not want to intend the swap from Sigt to straks?
I know that sigt could end anytime, due to lack of exchange.
Can Doc "switch off" the sigt button or he can't do much things about it?
I already assumed my losses with sigt so i think i do not want to enter in straks project that do not seems to me very realistic with swap times of 6 years.
I also prefered that straks was  more scarce, like 40/50millions at most. The only flaw that i saw at signatum project (too much cojns) apart short minded devs that killed a potencial golden eggs chicken just to make short term profit instead concentrating in the project at long term.
If a lot of people swap sigt for staks, sigt will be more scarce.
Like someone said sigt is a community driven coin and if dev left project  like satoshi did with bitcoin can this kill sigt?

Signatum, LUX, STRAKS are  the same developers of the coin, where there is a Scam, and everywhere you can say "...left project as Satoshi did with bitcoin, it can kill Sigma?"

You would need solid irrefutable proof, before making such accusations.
Activity: 28
I already assumed my losses with sigt so i think i do not want to enter in straks project that do not seems to me very realistic with swap times of 6 years.
I also prefered that straks was  more scarce, like 40/50millions at most. The only flaw that i saw at signatum project (too much cojns) apart short minded devs that killed a potencial golden eggs chicken just to make short term profit instead concentrating in the project at long term.
Like someone said sigt is a community driven coin and if dev left project  like satoshi did with bitcoin can this kill sigt?

Merit: 10
Network hashrate keep getting lower day by day, i assume it will be stable  in 1-2 weeks then the real price can be named
Activity: 420
Merit: 18

Activity: 462
Merit: 118
The 6 years is probably the right move for straks miners, but i do feel i got tricked with the timings. Ive held sigt since the first week, only traded to get more. But now for the first time i have no sigt. Also i were going to mine straks but i just dont trust the devs unfortunately. But with trading and the pump i got out with a ok amount of btc, unfortunately with the way markets work i recovered on someone elses expense, and i feel sorry for thoose. Often i have been on that side. Got a small buy order under 20 satoshi through if it is dumped. At that value it is worth the risk. Maybe if devs somehow regain my trust i will buy sigt higher or buy/mine straks Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 12
Pleasure to have a discussion with you as well, I hold no grudges towards this coin or signatum, just making a few very simple observations based on my thoughts in the open. I have nothing to lose or gain from any of this. I do wish the best for all the users of this coin and for the people left holding signatum, and of course my observation can be wrong and I unfortunately can't yet offer a solution from my thinking either. At at same time I don't see much success given the current situation. Perhaps if some further adjustments are made and some things are given more thought by more people, it might be possible? So good luck to all.
Activity: 62
So basically you don't have a better suggestion but you think the choices that were made were wrong?
Yes I am just looking at what is known and how I think it should have been done. The problem for now is that no matter what the solution is going forward, I don't really see a way out. If they cancel the swap now SIGT will tank and confidence will be lost in devs, if they reverse premine or restart coin there are also various implications. Very tough call and I wish the developers and users the best. I will also say the current plan of 6 years is way too ambitious, I think the vast majority can't believe that a small altcoin like this would even last a few years (if not months). On top of that, this coin is so entangled with Signatum, which has such a tragic and shady history that it's simply unbelievable from my perspective.

There was a good Lyra2V2 miner for AMD: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mkxminer-fast-lyra2zlyra2rev2-miner-for-amd-gpu-zcoin-gincoin-vert-mona-2360168 It seems be down at the moment, maybe someone can upload the binaries?
That looks interesting, I was not aware of it. But there seem to be various limitations, like it only supports nicehash? Seems to have a fee and violates GPL? Also the binaries are missing as you say, and obviously no source available.

If you remove the burn but allow swap to happen, how do you control which coins have been swapped already? For example, if someone swaps their coins and then sells them on an exchange, how is the buyer supposed to know they have been swapped already? What if someone finds a way to re-swap them? Burning after swap is really the best solution.
That's a good point, but of course the simple solution would be to hold the coin during swap and return after swap is complete. Or the most simple solution would be a 1:1 fork, if you wanted to simply continue SIGT.

If there's no premine, no ICO and no dev fees then how are the devs supposed to be paid? You do realize the devs can't mine anything if there's several hundreds of GH/s being thrown at the coin right from the start, like was the case with Straks?
That's a valid point as well, but I feel confidence of the community would have been much higher if there was no premine or fees. But I already answered this question, if the devs really thought this coin was worth it they could use their own funds to buy it early or invest in early mining. The entire point of any coin is that value is supposed to increase with time, if devs don't see this happening then it seems like another pump and dump situation. Also keep in mind that the reason originally why SIGT gained some popularity is due to the fact that there were no fees, ICO or premine.

The hash rate seems to be very volatile at the moment but on average it's higher today than yesterday.
Well i don't know about that, I was testing mining around this time and it was at least 100Mh/s and now it's 85Mh/s so seems a bit lower.

-----------------------

Now here is a question for you Chromexnet. Do you actually believe that the current plan will work out? What suggestions are you willing to propose? Because as you can tell there are quite a few people voicing their opinion right now and it's not looking good. Do you really believe this coin will succeed with the current plans in motion?

Furthermore I just want to say, I am not a big holder of any coins, and have never invested any major amount into anything. I just love to experiment with mining on my computers. So I was never burned by SIGT, but I found it interesting and certainly some of the early hype was exciting. I was able to mine several hundred SIGT, mostly just to test things out & it was never worth much even at the very height. So my perspective is outside devs, bag holders, speculators/investors, etc. I'm just trying to figure things out and to see what the best solution moving forward, as I was interested in the continuation of SIGT community after everyone was so badly treated. A lot of opinion is clouded by people having certain investments, just wanted to point out this is not the case for me.

Fair enough, I do agree on most points you make. It's a pleasure to have a civilized conversation for a change. It seems to many people in this thread are just trolling hard.

As for your question, I really can't say what will happen. I do have trust on the devs and I think they are doing a good job in a tough situation. As far as I can see they have been honest and it's just bad timing (and bad luck) on certain announcements that have got them into trouble. It's not easy to please both parties; Straks miners and Sigt holders at the same time. But since both parties are now complaining I guess it means the devs have the balance sort of right. Grin

Whether the coin lives or not, I think that really depends on the community. Even if the devs do a great job, if the community drops the support and the coin value tanks then obviously there's no incentive to keep developing further. That's why I'd hope there would be more constructive discussion here on how the coin should be developed in the future. Moaning about the swap details, or accusing devs of pump and dump (which there isn't any proof of) isn't really helping in anything. Btw, I'm not referring to you relayd but some others in this thread.
Pages:
Jump to: