Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 138. (Read 202442 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Information about the Easyhash mining pool

Easyhash.io

We have made changes to the webside based on the feedback from the Reddit community

Maybe the most important one, 0.1 fee until we grow a big user base

If the the site does not display correctly, clear your browser cache. It's a remake.
Activity: 20
Hello to all...

This is my first post - and I don't intend posting very often tbh - but I wanted to share some thoughts.

First, let's start with the new website: I find it pretty nice. The only "problem" I can see is that the wallet version is not visible enough. I had to take a look twice before knowing I didn't have to update.

Secondly, coming from zCash mining - which I did for... errrr... a bit more than a month -, I am happy to join a project where anonymity really counts. I could read, here and there, that zCash wasn't as anonymous as I expected.

Last point, my dual GTX 1060 3G and my Vega 56 are providing me with roughly 1850H/s (465 per GTX and 930 on my Vega). I'm looking forward adding 2 or 3 RX 570, which are more suitable to Cryptonight mining.

To the team: keep on with the good work... Smiley
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
Hey guys,

What do you think of the new website? Any thoughts?
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
i think the nethashrate is being calculated by the speed blocks get found and not by submitted hashrate
Activity: 49
So pool.sumokoin.com says network hashrate of 2.5mhs, with a pool rate of 1.5mhs

sumo.fairpool.xyz doesn't post a network rate, but has a pool hashrate of 2.5mhs.

My math is a bit fuzzy, but it seems like the network hashrate should be at least 4mhs... what am I missing?

I think you misread number, sumo.fairpool.xyz has about 150KH/s only. However, network hashrate is a statistical number and it's sometimes diff from actual one.

No, about 10 minutes after I posted, a single miner with 2+ mhs dropped off of fairpool for awhile. But here's a photo that shows fairpool at 2.51 as of when I make this post:

https://s1.postimg.org/7i5d6qz4n3/fairpool.png

As sumokoin has 1.5mhs, with a reported network hash of 3.33, the math is still off.
Activity: 8
Hey mitchellspwan,

Thats a nice post! And an impressive rig! The rebranding is "just" a change of the design (you can see the new design on the first post of this threat, the new logo is already up on twitter, the exchanges, wtm and cmc).

The website will be updated very soon.

We are on two exchanges: cryptopia and livecoin. DEV are working on more exchanges of course  Wink

We have a nice and active telegram-community. For more information and quick help on technical question join us (you'll get all the news there very quick!).

Here is the link:

https://t.me/joinchat/F8RH2kPmFCnA-igHBKSCAA

Thanks for the welcome ! Oh okay very cool ! I am excited to learn more.

I will definitely join in the telegram community as well!
Cheers!

I had a bit of trouble being able to get my miners up and running mining this coin, but now have 3 out of my 5 mining machines mining successfully and still having some hiccups on the others trying to get ironed out.. I have total of 25 GPU's being a mix of 480s , a single 580, 290x's , 290s, and 390s.. haha yeah I know its quite the hodge podge of GPU's but they get the job done Smiley

Welcome!! Dont' forget to participate in the reddit.com/r/sumokoin group too - it is starting to grow now!

What OS are you mining with? I've found SGMiner via ethOS works but Claymore does not. Stak-XMR works great but as of now SUMO doesn't support worker IDs so your hash rate will be misreported unless you run a proxy.

Hey there ! So I mine with windows as the windows drivers for ethereum have really served me well in the past but as I said I haven't been able to do a ton of reading on the state of mining for sumokoin so I may not be getting the best possible hashrate ..

Just as an example for my machine with two 290s , a 290x and two 390s I'm getting just about 4kh/s .. how does that line up with what you're getting ?

Very nice! I’m a new miner with 2x 570 4gb and I’m only getting 1150hs at the moment running xmr-stak-amd on windows 10.
I’m away from my rig for another week but still haven’t braved any bios/timing mods but it’s something I definitely need to do once I’m back home as you’re nearly getting 800hs per card! :O
I presume you’ve gone down that route to be getting such good hash rates?
I tried some different clock speeds from another user not long ago but they would just crash so I presumed it was due to my cards not being bios modded yet. I can’t push the intensity settings in my stak config very far either as it just crashes.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
@official pool...could you calm down the vardiff a litte bit? its raising to fast and leads every 5-10minutes to a pool disconnect and start at bottom
Activity: 21
It is going to be a HUGE month for SUMOkoin. Pun intended.
Activity: 49
So pool.sumokoin.com says network hashrate of 2.5mhs, with a pool rate of 1.5mhs

sumo.fairpool.xyz doesn't post a network rate, but has a pool hashrate of 2.5mhs.

My math is a bit fuzzy, but it seems like the network hashrate should be at least 4mhs... what am I missing?
Activity: 2
Hey mitchellspwan,

Thats a nice post! And an impressive rig! The rebranding is "just" a change of the design (you can see the new design on the first post of this threat, the new logo is already up on twitter, the exchanges, wtm and cmc).

We are on two exchanges: cryptopia and livecoin. DEV are working on more exchanges of course  Wink

We have a nice and active telegram-community. For more information and quick help on technical question join us (you'll get all the news there very quick!).

Here is the link:

Thanks for the welcome ! Oh okay very cool ! I am excited to learn more.

I will definitely join in the telegram community as well!
Cheers!

I had a bit of trouble being able to get my miners up and running mining this coin, but now have 3 out of my 5 mining machines mining successfully and still having some hiccups on the others trying to get ironed out.. I have total of 25 GPU's being a mix of 480s , a single 580, 290x's , 290s, and 390s.. haha yeah I know its quite the hodge podge of GPU's but they get the job done Smiley

Welcome!! Dont' forget to participate in the reddit.com/r/sumokoin group too - it is starting to grow now!

What OS are you mining with? I've found SGMiner via ethOS works but Claymore does not. Stak-XMR works great but as of now SUMO doesn't support worker IDs so your hash rate will be misreported unless you run a proxy.

Hey there ! So I mine with windows as the windows drivers for ethereum have really served me well in the past but as I said I haven't been able to do a ton of reading on the state of mining for sumokoin so I may not be getting the best possible hashrate ..

Just as an example for my machine with two 290s , a 290x and two 390s I'm getting just about 4kh/s .. how does that line up with what you're getting ?
Activity: 14

Activity: 676
Merit: 250
The new logo looks amazing Cheesy keep it up !
Hey mitchellspwan,

We are on two exchanges: cryptopia and livecoin. DEV are working on more exchanges of course  Wink

Here is the link:

Activity: 2
Hey guys, brand new to this forum just signed up today because I wanted to interact with the Sumokoin community. So Ive been mining ethereum for about 8 months now, and have been looking for a new coin to point my miners at for a while... My first time hearing about Sumokoin was on a video made by Crypto Daily (if youre unaware of him hes hilarious and does a nice daily video on the happenings in the crypto-sphere mostly daily) and so I started looking into it a bit.

Unfortunately because its such a new coin and doesnt have a massive market cap, it is actually pretty hard to get info about it.. ive been reading this thread , and though im usually just a lurker type, I decided to finally join up and post.

So, ive been seeing something about a sumokoin re-brand happening ? Does anyone have any info on what their plans are for this?

Also, though I dont plan on selling any of my mined coins, at least in anywhere near resembling the near future, Im still interested is there any chance of this coin getting listed on any of the bigger exchanges in the coming months? I personally trade on binance and bittrex. I dont have accounts on the exchanges this coin is listed on, actually never even heard of them.

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramblings Smiley Hope to talk to some of you !

Hi Stoff,

We are on the same team. I own a considerable amount of XMR. Monero is a good example to use but make no mistake. The devs who are tirelessly working on Monero code hold many many thousands of XMR so are incentivized in their own way. Which is a good thing.

Monero came about before the ICO Boom where Dev's who missed the Bitcoin rush wanted to try to replicate that with a new coin.

I am sure there are a few altruistic dev's out there but they are very few and very far between.

It would be great if sumo management did confirm how and who holds these coins in escrow. As i agree, its not really escrow if core can access these coins at a whim.

Hi,

FYI, the premined coins were locked on Sumokoin blockchain using a wallet command named "locked_transfer", that's a simple but effective command to use in this case: you can specify how many blocks ahead coins transferred would be unlocked.

Monero is respectable project with its own philosophy and it had a history (on how it started) ofc you knew it well. As a fork, we can never make sure the same level of support from community from beginning as Monero so a premine was set and we don't think it's abnormal among so many coins around. Until now, the decision (to premine by Sumoshi) has proved right and now we can have resources for devs, community, exchanges etc without having to find donation for each task (though I personally don't think donation-based is bad way either). We don't misuse premined coins, even little on hand by now, only a small portion of them was released to market mainly for rewards, exchange submissions, website/logo redesign which are good for our community. And that's why many ppl here support the coin and the community is growing up day by day.

As said at ANN from the beginning, we also set a part of premine for donation to Monero. All coins to donation wallet in the first year will be transferred to Monero project and we are willing to donate more.

At devs meetings, Sumoshi has more than one time insisted that devs should pay respects to all other coins but we'll keep our rights to correct nonsense, groundless info about Sumokoin.

Thank you that was an excellent info about the premine. You should explain this on the first page of this ANN and perhaps later on the website.

Activity: 67
SUMO is a SCAM. Buy AEON instead.

Not even close to being a scam.

About 10% (~8.8 million) was premined to reserve for future development*, i.e. over 80 million coins available for community mining.
This shitcoin is a SCAM. And you are definitely mad "investor".

The info on coinmarketcap is misleading, I will email them and share my concerns about it.

LOL, just brilliant in your feeble crying. Go, email them swiftly, and post the reply please Smiley
Activity: 114
Merit: 12
I have and still am involved in pure community coins with no funding and development is excruciatingly slow. Which leads me to believe some form of funding helps progress along and you nor i are getting any younger. So the quicker the better imho.

You must be joking. Look at the commit logs of Monero, Aeon and Sumokoin:

Can you tell which coin is the least active?

Monero which is purely community funded without any scammy premine is making extremely rapid progresses every day non stop. This is simply because no open-source developers (myself included) are interested in Sumokoin which is to them clearly a scam. Granted that Aeon's activity is much smaller than Monero's, but this is reasonable given the current circumstance. Smooth (Aeon's core dev, also part of Monero Core Team) also recommends developers to contribute to Monero for now until the rebase is done. And even then, Aeon's developer base and activity are much bigger than Sumokoin.

By the way, Aeon has a huge development fund of 400k (roughly equivalent to $1M) which were all donated from the community unlike Sumokoin's scam premine.

Hi Stoff,

We are on the same team. I own a considerable amount of XMR. Monero is a good example to use but make no mistake. The devs who are tirelessly working on Monero code hold many many thousands of XMR so are incentivized in their own way. Which is a good thing.

Monero came about before the ICO Boom where Dev's who missed the Bitcoin rush wanted to try to replicate that with a new coin.

I am sure there are a few altruistic dev's out there but they are very few and very far between.

It would be great if sumo management did confirm how and who holds these coins in escrow. As i agree, its not really escrow if core can access these coins at a whim.
Activity: 105
Here we go again... I understand your concerns AEON boys. Your coin is getting older but work isn't getting done. I mean AEON is supposed to be a mobile-friendly crypto, right? Where are all the mobile wallets? It's a legit question after 2 years isn't it? I'm pretty sure you guy's have seen our new roadmap and now you're kind of afraid that you'll be taken over in a year. I'm not against AEON, I hold a very few coins myself but let's be honest here.. The coin is not really getting anywhere because it's crowdfunded.
I started following Sumokoin a month ago and so many things were achieved in just the last 30 days.. So do yourselves a favour and stop shouting SCAM guys, you're giving us free publicity  Wink
Jump to: