Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 37. (Read 202439 times)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250
@sumogr I gave your text a little makeover. Red seems to aggressive for such a nice announcement.

Cryptonight-heavy, Sumokoin's asic resistant algo is finalised and under testing.

Feel free to test/report and produce patches for miners other than xmr-stak. Feedback would be much appreciated. Exact fork block height and writeup will follow soon.

https://github.com/curie-kief/pow_test

Why exactly is this new code supposed to be asic resistant?

Large memory consumption?
Longer aes keys?
Much higher number of hash loops?

I would really like to get some detailed info from crypto perspective and not just short announcement.
Cheers!
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
is power consumption and hashrate changed with new algo? any test net pools?
Activity: 336
Merit: 111
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
These new miners are ruining the mining and diffs are all over the place. Hope to see ASIC resistant fork out soon.
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
Activity: 30
Cryptonight-heavy, Sumokoin's asic resistant algo is finalised and under testing.
Feel free to test/report and produce patches for miners other than xmr-stak.
Feedback would be much appreciated.
Exact fork block height and writeup will follow soon

That means SUMOKoin will change its algorithm, doesn't it?
Activity: 175
Merit: 11
"Decentralization is religion"
@sumogr I gave your text a little makeover. Red seems to aggressive for such a nice announcement.

Feel free to test/report and produce patches for miners other than xmr-stak. Feedback would be much appreciated. Exact fork block height and writeup will follow soon.

great news guys, keep up the good work!

Activity: 463
Merit: 253
Feel free to test/report and produce patches for miners other than xmr-stak.
Feedback would be much appreciated.
Exact fork block height and writeup will follow soon

Activity: 128
UPDATES ON THE UPCOMING FORK
Some updates on the upcoming pow change fork: Its not a minor tweak on cryptonight, its an effort to create a modified asic resistant cryptonight pow without having to fork periodically.

Thx for not only saying but DO and solve problem what community have with asic sh*t things...
Activity: 59
Some updates on the upcoming pow change fork: Its not a minor tweak on cryptonight, its an effort to create a modified asic resistant cryptonight pow without having to fork periodically. We believe that this has been accomplished. The fork's exact blockheight has not been decided yet but it will be within the next couple of weeks as the code must first be thoroughly checked. Base code for the pow change has already been merged on github https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/pull/95. A full, comprehensive,writeup explaining the changes implemented will be posted on github before the fork. There is a change on cpu/gpu produced hashrate ratio benchmarks in favor of GPUs, this is a result of the tweak which might eventually prove useful in limiting botnet mining on our network. GPU code is almost finished and being tested while a patched xmr-stak for sumo mining with the new algo will be released, by stak's developers, before the fork. Users need not withdraw their coins from the exchanges. For coins stored on local wallets, users will have to download the updated binaries and/or the updated gui wallet and restore their wallet. Finally the light/multisig wallet release might delay a few days (it was expected by the end of March) due to this fork. Thank you!

Great update. Love the break-away from Monero. Looking forward to all the changes, including updating my miners and wallet. Let us all know if you guys need help with testing.
Some updates on the upcoming pow change fork: Its not a minor tweak on cryptonight, its an effort to create a modified asic resistant cryptonight pow without having to fork periodically. We believe that this has been accomplished. The fork's exact blockheight has not been decided yet but it will be within the next couple of weeks as the code must first be thoroughly checked. Base code for the pow change has already been merged on github https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/pull/95. A full, comprehensive,writeup explaining the changes implemented will be posted on github before the fork. There is a change on cpu/gpu produced hashrate ratio benchmarks in favor of GPUs, this is a result of the tweak which might eventually prove useful in limiting botnet mining on our network. GPU code is almost finished and being tested while a patched xmr-stak for sumo mining with the new algo will be released, by stak's developers, before the fork. Users need not withdraw their coins from the exchanges. For coins stored on local wallets, users will have to download the updated binaries and/or the updated gui wallet and restore their wallet. Finally the light/multisig wallet release might delay a few days (it was expected by the end of March) due to this fork. Thank you!
Activity: 77
Sumo is technically a better coin than monero . It is more private . Sumo is also a young coin and is therefore more volitile. End of this month should bring a nice jump in rank imho........

Hmmm...a long-winded elaborate post (tl;dr BTW) by a newbie with two prior posts who's trying to convince us that she/he is a critic-turned-convert of this circus/religion. I can smell a shit...I mean a shill any ol' time.

Us two are very much alike deep down. you know that, dont you?
Yeah I am an asshole what can i say...  Grin
Hey RogFed

thanks for this long & awesome post and thanks for taking the time and having a good look on Sumo. I have to answer short, since I am on the go ... But as I understand you joined us on telegram, so you will get along with a lot of nice talks & discussions anyway.

Just 2 things I want to say:

Code: Sumo will take a different way. We are close to XMR now - of course. But Sumo is young. The next step will be the POW-algo, which willl be released soon. Give us time and bring a bit patience into the hectic crypto-world. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Community: Our community is awesome! We know that and we appreciate it a lot! Our telegram is a small family of +2300 members now, with a lot who drop by on a daily bases for fun and tech talk. We don't have many "when moon" kids around. I'm in a few telegram groups and I have to say: Sumo's is the best (at least for me). Concerning  Sumogr: Nobody is perfect. He has a temper, but I support him (I am Patrik by the way). Running this Chat (and Twitter and beeing active on Bitcointalk and Reddit) can be a very hard job to do. There are many ups and downs (I'm not talking about the chart here) and there have been many sleepless nights. Everybody has his approach to this (please be aware those are no excuses!).

Thanks again for your nice post! I hope to see you around!

Cheers

Edit: Nice to have you dropping by again @Visdude. I missed you!
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

Hmmm...a long-winded elaborate post (tl;dr BTW) by a newbie with two prior posts who's trying to convince us that she/he is a critic-turned-convert of this circus/religion. I can smell a shit...I mean a shill any ol' time.

Activity: 4
Hi,

In the past I was critical about privacy coins (maybe you recollect an early post of mine which was criticized by readers here), but after thinking and reading I see the point of privacy coins. US (non)regulation also looks good. For 3 months I have followed the different privacy coins now, tested some (incl. eg their wallets) and tuned into some of their communities via Telegram and other means.

I want to congratulate SUMO because I think despite being such a small coin in terms of market cap, the product is great. I like the wallet, easy miner, transactions are stupidly simple to make - just all around a solid product. At least at par with the huge players like Verge, Dash or Monero. Not to say there is no room for improvement (see suggestions below), but given market caps and age of others, Sumo has achieved quite a lot already. Obviously the potential for growth of sumo is exuberant. From an investment point of view, sumo is clearly the best choice: huge upside, manageable risk.

What wasn‘t clear to me at first was if Sumo is just a copy paste of Monero, and if someone could equally just copy-paste Sumo. I think you are on the best way of truly differentiating yourselves vs your predecessor and also potential followers, because I see 2 things that are hard to copy for others:

- community: no other community has such content-rich (and fun) discussions, great focus on product developments - not only moon talk. Now, I do think one of your admins (sumogr) needs a punch in the face, but overall your community  is wicked and is helping develop concrete product features (e.g. branding, applications in online shops, hw wallet (!?)). More of that is needed and will further set you apart.

- code: up to now, I didn‘t really see THAT much innovation over Monero. Ok - I‘m no expert, but min. Transaction mixins of 12 and somewhat robust difficulty algorithm won’t set you apart forever. I think cryptographically speaking only now with the planned code changes to counter ASICs (before Monero!) will you emancipate yourself a step further from your father coin. As anyone can fork Sumo, and ASICs won‘t sleep - you need ability to constantly adapt and not only rely on initial coin features. So, if I read the trend correctly, keep it up!

The 2 biggest improvement opportunities which I see and I hope you would take to heart:

1. Communications
- Community admins Patrick, Sumogr (and others?): amazing effort you put in, you are very knowledgeable and always present. Truly great. Now Sumogr your wake-up call: you represent the whole community, not yourself only. Hence, I think your engagement in personal fights with admittedly idiot guests or members is not a great way to represent such a smart and mature community. You are brilliant, so why not meet hollow critics with polite determination and facts - and quickly move on. Use your emotions on the positive, those members who offer constructive criticism and good ideas. I don‘t know how old you are - but if you want to become old chose where you invest your energy. As said, you represent the community. For personal fights, create a personal nickname...
- Devs: you work in silence, and I dig that. Now, communicating is not a nuisance or a luxury, it’s an essential. I strongly suggest you commit to a periodic communication schedule (e.g. bi-monthly or quarterly) in which you express your views on the changes in the environment, give updates on developments to the roadmap, dev staffing, etc. I think you reddit update in Jan or Feb was great, so just do it on a regular basis (commit to it).  

2. Brand identity
I am not saying „marketing“ which I know you don‘t want to push now. I am saying you have a great logo and brand identity on the website, so use it consistently across your product features. I have the Mac wallet. It works like a charm. And it looks horrible! This is really a low-hanging fruit, so just apply the branding across all features and when you communicate formally (e.g. letters to exchanges). When you are ready for it, market the hell out of Sumo - it has great appeal potential that‘s for sure. Consider though simplifying to „sumo“ as the „koin“ in my ears is immature and outdated. The slogan „the heavyweight“ amongst privacy coins is nice, use it!

Look, the intent of this post is to share my observations. I am really just posting this here as I have no intent to promote / „shill“ (?) Sumo anywhere. I just felt this is the only privacy coin to which I emotionally felt / feel connected to, and hence wanted to try to provide helpful impressions. You have a good product already, but this can be so much more. Just keep the focus on developments of the coin and its use-ability - and consider the above if it also resonates with you. Good luck!

Activity: 59
Hash Rate: 87.40 MH/sec
Block Found: about an hour ago
Difficulty: 20976713042
Seriously?! Is this the result of some Cryptonight ASIC miners playing with Sumo?

Surely is. Devs need to golive with the fork ASAP. The ASICs have been switching between all Cryptonight coins.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
Hash Rate: 87.40 MH/sec
Block Found: about an hour ago
Difficulty: 20976713042
Seriously?! Is this the result of some Cryptonight ASIC miners playing with Sumo?
Pages:
Jump to: