Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 39. (Read 202439 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
Does anybody using SUMO as Woocommerce payment gateway? https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumowoocommerce
I'm thinking about adding XMR and SUMO to my bios shop, any experience? I use Cryptowoo and it's working great, the guy behind it want to add Monero in sometime, he gives really great support also, but it will take probably longer, so I'm thinking about other posibilities. I also use other payment gateway for ETH and tokens, but it's not so great since it cannot create new wallet for every payment. I guess subadresses aren't working with the SUMO plugin, aren't it? :/ Thx.
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
There is some new Sumo - art out there Smiley

There is no possible way someone can give you an usefull answer to that question. If I had to (!) think about dates, I would pick releasedates of important milestones from the roadmap. I know - tech advancement is often not shown in satoshi or $, but this is the only thing I could think of.
Activity: 336
Merit: 111
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
I know, nobody can predict, however when do you guys anticipate a reversal and see ATH for Sumo again?
So, there wont be an open discussion about embrace or not ASIC's by community?

We have a lot of platforms where one can discuss. You can do it here, or (even better) on our telegram channel. What more of an open discussion do you think of?

As per sumo tweet>>https://twitter.com/sumokoin/status/974190977714933760 there wont be a discussion my friend, everything is already defined.

Who said there WAS no discussion? Could you please tell me  what you want to say?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
One more incoming:
https://halongmining.com/shop/dragonmint-x1-miner/

Hashrate: 124kh/s
Power consumption: 245W
Shipping: April 25-30

Hope SUMO devs fork in a week  Cool Cool.
Activity: 429
Merit: 259

We have a lot of platforms where one can discuss. You can do it here, or (even better) on our telegram channel. What more of an open discussion do you think of?

As per sumo tweet>>https://twitter.com/sumokoin/status/974190977714933760 there wont be a discussion my friend, everything is already defined.
I'd also like to point out this: some naive (or smart, depending on your perspective) people seem to look at the history of coins like LTC and think ASICs will help you become a millionaire. To contrast this view, consider the effects companies like Baikal and Bitmain have by selling hundreds of thousands of mineable coins before they make even bigger profits by selling used hardware. And then causing fork-related drama once a coin has been centralized by their hardware (BCH, Siacoin). Imagine how much selling pressure these guys have been putting on the market as a whole in the last few months.

Being ASIC-resistant is a good thing. Any new algo that can detect ASICs before they hit their networks, is getting my GPUs. And I hope the SUMO team actually implements logic to favor GPUs over CPUs since such logic at the algo level will surely ensure long term success.

Just my two cents FWIW.
Activity: 126
Bitmain ASIC miners are deeply affecting GPU mining profitability --this video came out today and wanted to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crBfzz13Fu8
Activity: 182
Merit: 12
anything ASIC has become centralised as only big investment is able to mine it efficiently

i mine crypto first for busting the banks and then for all other reasons, this distance from centralised power is a step in the positive

So you think we should embrace ASICs?
Give me a good reason and I ll give you ten bad ones
My opinion is irrelevant, im talking about sumokoin community; since youre changing algo mining youre automatically creating a new altcoin.

I'd agree with you if this were 2011. Forking to combat ASICs is the new normal. As is, Baikal and Bitmain have probably been mining via ASICs for a couple of months, if not longer. No need to waste another month to acquire consensus around a fork and cause more drama.

My opinion is irrelevant, im talking about sumokoin community; since youre changing algo mining youre automatically creating a new altcoin.
Activity: 463
Merit: 253

Activity: 463
Merit: 253
Good to see that a reaction is given so fast. I think a lot of people, including me, was unsure about the future of mining Sumo with GPU's

We are working on our own tweak as well, aim is to make the algo completely asic resistant (there is a interesting approach on that which we are attempting) and change the gpu to cpu ratio in favor of gpus (to mitigate botnet's impression on the network's hashrate). If we are overrun we fork asap on Monero's tweak (thank you guys by the way, what misled us is the fact each asic manufacturer was using his entire production of asics to harvest. Thus their hashrate had botnet-like behavior on the network) and apply ours on a later date. So everything's good I guess Smiley Thank you all for the interest!
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
Good to see that a reaction is given so fast. I think a lot of people, including me, was unsure about the future of mining Sumo with GPU's

I'd like for the devs to consider differentiating themselves from Monero with this opportunity. Don't use the same logic XMR team is using to fork away, maybe provide a little bit extra to really show how good the team is. If the team simply copies XMR, we'll continue to experience more FUD.

Regardless, it is great to see the team is ready to combat ASICs. I was almost considering switching my Vegas to another algo.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
another beast from Bitmain!

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201803132107063379CD35Gxy064F

Hashing algorithm: CryptoNight
Power consumption: 550W
Hashrate: 220KH/s

WTF? Any plans to fork away from ASICs?
Pages:
Jump to: