Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 108. (Read 736772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Imagine if SuperNET got the sort of press coverage blockNET did.

Anyway, SuperNET has over 5 dozen people active in slack, over 10000 messages already and a lot of activity is happening

Just ask for an invite if you want to help. I keep coding away and making progress, but there is only so much I can do and it will take the help of the community to fully actualize SuperNET. In fact, once my low level work is done, then I really become much less important and that is my goal.

Next year I want to be the leading SuperNET applications creator Smiley

By making dozens (yes dozens) of SuperNET reference applications, I will demonstrate how to make money via SuperNET. Similar to what I did with the NXT AE. Instead of telling people via fancy graphics and press releases, I will just do it and let the market decide how much they like it.

longzai is making very good progress on the GUI and soon we should have end user Windows and Mac versions. The marketing guys are doing great work with helping explain things.

So, we are on track for end of year functional release of SuperNET. And if blockNET is ready in Q2 next year like they plan, i would be happy to help them interface to the SuperNET. They keep saying that only coins that let SuperNET buy 10% can join the SuperNET core, but this is false. Only the coins that want to be featured in the SuperNET GUI and getting the cross promotion and technical integration, need to let us buy 10%. If they just want to use the SuperNET services, any coin can do this. Theoretically it would be possible for a coin to make a SuperNET addon that has support for their services and they can bypass the whole selling 10% and getting the technical integration and cross promotion thing that some coins seem to not want.

If you were worried about the competition, then it is something to note, but remember that SuperNET is spending 1% on things like all this development, not 100%, so ignoring market fluctuations, the NAV will remain. The revenue projections are quite difficult to make and I priced it at 0 due to this. Long term, with a big user base, then of course the revenues will be quite significant, but this requires a lot of work, progress and most importantly cooperation among all the coins.

With SuperNET, we have financial ties with the core coins and this will be needed to ensure continued cooperation, especially if we are in a prolonged bear market. What is easy to join, is easy to unjoin and I much rather have few coins with long term commitment to build upon.

In any case, I am personally coding the vast majority of what is needed for SuperNET to function and I will do this. Everyone can see my progress on github and it is not a reference to some third party repo, but the actual code. With any privacy tech, this is absolutely vital. Maybe the fact that it is just one guy doing all the core work is a risk factor, but at least you know who is doing it and what I am doing. Kind of funny that SuperNET has an anon dev with totally open source and blocknet has a non-anon dev with closed source. Well, with all the recent actions by the USA govt, I might think that any non-anon anybody will be in for some legal issues, if not from the govt, from the class action lawyers. Those guys seem to be able to convince USA juries to award such large sums from such silly things, I wonder what they will do about blocknet claims of guaranteed financial gains.

I specifically priced the future revenues at zero due to the fact that the tech still had to be developed, user base created and then monetized. This certainly has a lot of potential, and I am quite optimistic of the results, even during these bear market days.

James

P.S. funny that SuperNET was immediately moved to the non-hotbed of activity called "Marketplace", but blocknet is allowed to stay in the main announcements thread.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
That could end badly for someone. Does it look like one seller?
Still not clear on this buyback thing. Presumably it just means SuperNET now owns a chunk of itself and gets to collect dividends, strengthening its NAV?

Yeah, I don't remember how exactly it works either.  Hopefully James can provide us with more detail of what will happen now that the buy wall is gone.

On a different note; just listened to your interview podcast.  Very insightful stuff and nice explanation of SuperNET.  Keep it coming Smiley

Great, thanks!

Sounds like BlockNET have run into the same problems with trading not being disabled while the ITO is going on. Also seems like something else has happened, but I haven't got time to wade through the last 30 pages - anyone happen to be keeping up?

If you're talking about Poloniex then that's 100% intentional. They're not doing an "ITO" they've just opened a market for third parties to trade. There are no restrictions.

I was curious myself as to why Poloniex was supposedly offering the Blocknet ITO after they passed on the chance to do the SuperNET ICO so I asked them. People seem to be under the impression that it's a regular ITO, but from what I understand it's just a regular market and this way they're not the ones offering the shares.
It seems a lot of the altcoins used to buy the blocknet are being recycled to polo and sold at full price, so this is allowing the librexcoin owners to convert to BTC in large volumes. I am glad they limited altcoin sales to 20%, if they didnt, then they would have ended up with 90% altcoins with no markets. But they need to be able to sell what they get to pay their devs and contractors.

Not sure how much altcoins were used to buy the blocknet, but with Polo volumes at 80BTC against the main bittrex BTC sales of 240 BTC, about one third of block being sold is being recycled immediately. recent hours have higher volumes on polo vs bittrex. So the main function of this ITO is currently arbitraging the altcoins and providing massive liquidity to otherwise untradable coins.

Anyway, they wont have to worry about using their funds for NAV buywalls, as their NAV doesnt exist.

I am having the NAV recalculated and will put up another 57 BTC buywall. With overall decrease in prices, it will be lower than last time, but at least it will be there

James

edit: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9377264

seems 500 BTC worth of altcoins got converted and will be sold via poloniex. Assuming the 500 BTC is counted toward the 850 BTC total, it does look like they will sell the required 850 BTC. And over time this 500 BTC of altcoins will be used to fund dev costs, XC -20%, NHZ -38%, Fibre -18%, bitswift -38%, sonic -22%, xcash -46%, but libbrex +18% and utilitycoin +15% are having good days. Now today is a pretty bad market day with BTC dropping down and end of month fiat bills, but regardless, when the flagship coins for blocknet XC and NHZ are down massively on IPO day, it does not bode well for those who were expecting to flip it for quick profits. With 500 BTC of blocknet purchased for the altcoins being resold on poloniex over the next week, there needs to be more than 500 BTC of real demand for there to be any aftermarket demand to keep the price at least stable. I wish blocknet no ill and hope they will do right by their investors and at least put up some buywall for their investors. Though at the current rate of 1 BTC per hour it is looking like they will end up with less than 500 BTC total. Still quite respectable considering 100% will be used for development/marketing costs. However, mastercoin has shown than money in the bank for dev costs is a secondary factor.
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
I wonder what their motivations are...

End-of-the-month expenses + BTC price dipping.

Coinmarketcap is almost all red right now.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
BTW, everyone should listen to this weeks Beyond Bitcoin when they get a chance. Smiley

Cassius did a great job representing SuperNET.

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-19-supernet
legendary
amarha
Still not clear on this buyback thing. Presumably it just means SuperNET now owns a chunk of itself and gets to collect dividends, strengthening its NAV?

Yeah, I don't remember how exactly it works either.  Hopefully James can provide us with more detail of what will happen now that the buy wall is gone.

On a different note; just listened to your interview podcast.  Very insightful stuff and nice explanation of SuperNET.  Keep it coming Smiley

Great, thanks!

Sounds like BlockNET have run into the same problems with trading not being disabled while the ITO is going on. Also seems like something else has happened, but I haven't got time to wade through the last 30 pages - anyone happen to be keeping up?

If you're talking about Poloniex then that's 100% intentional. They're not doing an "ITO" they've just opened a market for third parties to trade. There are no restrictions.

I was curious myself as to why Poloniex was supposedly offering the Blocknet ITO after they passed on the chance to do the SuperNET ICO so I asked them. People seem to be under the impression that it's a regular ITO, but from what I understand it's just a regular market and this way they're not the ones offering the shares.
legendary
Activity: 924
Looks like someone sold in to the wall. Cheesy

Actually, it was several people:

Bye-bye to (what was left of) the wall.

That's actually kind of funny. Smiley

Blocknet. Almost certainly, the Blocknet...
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

Yeah, I don't remember how exactly it works either.  Hopefully James can provide us with more detail of what will happen now that the buy wall is gone.

On a different note; just listened to your interview podcast.  Very insightful stuff and nice explanation of SuperNET.  Keep it coming Smiley

Great, thanks!

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
He can just place another buy wall....he isn't losing anything..he is just buying the UNITY's back.
Activity: 391

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

On the plus side that means that SuperNET itself now has a nice check of UNITY shares now. Those might come in handy at some point in the future.
Possibly selling their SuperNET for buy blocknet. they will regret very soon , but regret is useless.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That's very likely.  I don't think it's just a coincidence that the dump happened right as blocknet is doing their ITO.  Whoever it is is probably hoping for a quick profit that they didn't see with SuperNET

They'll be sad in the end. No safety net like the wall they sold into with UNITY.

Activity: 391

On the plus side that means that SuperNET itself now has a nice check of UNITY shares now. Those might come in handy at some point in the future.
Possibly selling their SuperNET for buy blocknet. they will regret very soon , but regret is useless.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That's very likely.  I don't think it's just a coincidence that the dump happened right as blocknet is doing their ITO.  Whoever it is is probably hoping for a quick profit that they didn't see with SuperNET
Activity: 552
Merit: 500

Also, some people due to fear of falling Bitcoin price, attempts to convert their investments to Fiat. Cool
Activity: 552

legendary
amarha

Activity: 493
such dumping UNITY / BTC on bter....

Not really. There's no volume. The trade history is blank (maybe a bug?).

35 BTC sell on BTC/UNITY pair. wall is gone
legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010
Buywall is gone?

Maybe he's just refreshing the funds / tweaking the script.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

Are you sure you're not looking at the UNITY/CNY market??? I make that mistake before...
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

Jump to: