Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 173. (Read 736772 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
sorry for dumb noob question, but if I want to buy SuperNET before the end of ICO I could just transfer some NXT to my account on https://trade.secureae.com and buy "token" there?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
over time, each node will end up with preferred routes to other nodes, but this is different for each node. This is because the correlation stats are only possible to the dest acct that receives the JSON API string. That is where the originating acct number is. All the routing nodes only see the next acct to send to and they do know the previous IP address. Since it will not be easy to get a "lock" onto the right IP address even knowing the exact originator's acct #, the weaker correlation of previous IP address to next hop's acct doesnt seem enough to get much info to conduct an attack. Especially since there is only a statistical guess as to the IP for the next acct

James

That is a good point.

Forgive me from being obtuse one more time. What is to stop a malicious node packaging up a transaction that only routes to himself (or other malicious nodes he controls), such that at every layer of the onion except the last hop he's simply sending via himself? If you were curious about the owner of a particular account, would that not short-circuit much of the privacy effect?
it would certainly be possible to find out the IP of a public privacyServer that is responding to unknown acct's making queries. But a private node would disable this autoresponse, so it would only be sending its JSON responses to known requestors or the accounts it is sending to.

this is why the 100+ public privacy servers are needed. to shield the private nodes from such query/response attacks. but some nodes have to respond to generic queries as if all nodes went dark, then nobody would be able to communicate with anybody else.

if you are using a loopback privacyserver and do not disable autoresponse, then if your private acct can be linked to your loopback server, then this leaks your IP, so I do see a need for hardened privacyServer vendors that will provide a shield against such things. But this is all up to the user to configure. what a server does not know cannot be divulged. so the really cautious would only be accessing the supernet via an acct that is not published anywhere.
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

I miss CECVW. He was very funny with his stories and I miss him. I dont think he was kicked out, just some people thought it strange about the hero worship. I am no hero and I dont really want people to be thinking of SuperNET as me as it is from the community that SuperNET will get its power. I also believe in freedom and CECVW is certainly free to put whatever he wants in his tagline.

Thanks Laura, Noashh and James, This story is for your 3.

The coin didn't seem the right size it did not look normal as it was a crypto coin. The berry coloured coin would flicker on and off also, so  I decided to clean it and left it on top of the radio. All of a sudden, my radio started to go a little crazy, like weird moaning sounds, and it wouldn't tune, and it wouldn't turn off.

I worked out that the radio was somehow communicating with the berry coloured coin, it was giving her hints in what to do as I heard voices behind the moaning sounds telling her to adjust her berry colour slightly.

I wandered what the radio was possibly trying to tell her... I looked at the berry coloured coin, but the coin looked as clueless as it ever did. I looked back at the radio, trying to hear any other sounds I may have missed, but no, still all the  moaning sounds carried on. I then looked back at my berry coloured coin and finally realised what the radio was trying to hint.

I panicked and grabbed my berry coloured coin for dear life, her life was more important than mine. I had to find a hiding place for my coin, just so she was safe from whatever is doing all of this...but where could I hide it? Then it occurred to me...My wallet? What a fantastic idea! Why didn't I think about that before?

Quick!" I yelled to my coin. Get into the safe confines of the wallet!

I realized that I knew what and who it was on the other side of the room! It was boolberry's boyfriend BTCD looking for his love!

Suddenly boolberry pop out from the wallet and  grew an antenna started to speak. Boolberry  was being summoned by  BTCD to go home to his SuperNetwork Galaxy. I became sad because I was going to miss my boolberry until she invited me come along to SuperNetwork.

A VISIT TO SUPERNETWORK.

After boolberry left I felt totally devastated and I started to drink heavily. It never ceased to stop torturing me no matter how much I was drinking to forget her . My life was not only trapped by her absence but also the thought what she was doing with BTCD at nights.

I was addicted to alcohol, alcohol for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I couldn’t control my frequent urges. I was drinking to avoid thinking of her, not to find a solution to her as there was no solution, but it made me feel better so I carried on drinking.

There are people who somehow lose their way, the meaning of our own existence, I was one of them. It can happen to anybody. It may well just happen to you or someone close to you. It happened to me I lost my boolberry coin.

I decided it was time to make my way to SuperNetwork and kidnap her.

I was in a two-way trip to the SuperNetwork Galaxy. Every atom in my body was going to be coded to find boolberry and I had to be there. So here I am traveling through a different dimension, defying the laws of physics to learn from Aristotle how a normal human being lives a life in a world of coins.

I have to used the Teleport. So here I am sitting in the Teleport and pressing the bottom to be ready to be transported to SuperNetwork. The transparent, yellow light shield was protecting my body from the ride coded trip. There were lights going around me in a chopping frame rate scattering effect, that brightness effect made it hard to keep my eyes open. . It would seem as if the journey would never end. But just when I thought I couldn’t take anymore , there I was at my destination!

TO BE CONTINUED......

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
over time, each node will end up with preferred routes to other nodes, but this is different for each node. This is because the correlation stats are only possible to the dest acct that receives the JSON API string. That is where the originating acct number is. All the routing nodes only see the next acct to send to and they do know the previous IP address. Since it will not be easy to get a "lock" onto the right IP address even knowing the exact originator's acct #, the weaker correlation of previous IP address to next hop's acct doesnt seem enough to get much info to conduct an attack. Especially since there is only a statistical guess as to the IP for the next acct

James

That is a good point.

Forgive me from being obtuse one more time. What is to stop a malicious node packaging up a transaction that only routes to himself (or other malicious nodes he controls), such that at every layer of the onion except the last hop he's simply sending via himself? If you were curious about the owner of a particular account, would that not short-circuit much of the privacy effect?
legendary
Do I get this right, guys?

Total sum of IPO is gonna be around 5k BTC. Than James is gonna throw in another 2k worth of assets and gets 500 BTC in return. Another 500 BTC stay in superNet as a reserve for operational costs. So the investors pay 5k BTC to get something immediately worth 6.5k BTC? That's 30% guaranteed profit for doing nothing. That can't be true. I must be missing something here, right?
getting TOKEN below book value when it is backed by the crypto deposits makes it a fairly unique opportunity

there is no guarantee that SuperNET will trade at the asset NAV right away, so there is no guaranteed profit

The NAV buy wall will be at the non-asset calculated value, probably around 0.0103 to begin with

What sort of price the market will trade SuperNET/UNITY at is the big question. Will be be at asset NAV? will it be some multiple based on non asset NAV? or asset NAV multiple?

My philosophy is to leave money on the table so that the people that are investing in my assets are making money. So far I think I have created close to $20 mil USD of marketcap for people that invested in my assets and BTCD. Something like $15 million of that is profits.

My goal is to make the SuperNET owners happy or at least wealthier

James

P.S. I have already thrown in the 2000 BTC of assets trusting the TOKEN holders to vote for the bonus.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Thanks, makes sense. Very interested to see how the SuperTraders perform, given their bankroll and bonuses. Hopefully we can get running totals from them?

Like quarterly reports or something similar?

Was thinking weekly or monthly  Smiley
Or even automated updates. Would be pretty cool to have them fed to the SuperNET site, along with current price and last dividend.

Could be a lot of variance in the short term results that might upset certain people that don't have a good grasp of statistics. Tongue

I'd fear it would be just an invite for more trolling.

Also goes the other way, if short term results are too high, people might get unrealistic expectations of future earnings from the supertraders.

I meant to imply that some other people might misinterpret the results and that trolls might that advantage of that. Wasn't referring to you at at all Cassius. Just reread what I wrote and wanted to make sure it didn't come across the wrong way! Smiley

As I get accused of trolling very infrequently, I'm a little upset to have missed the opportunity.
Ah well.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!

Total sum of IPO is gonna be around 5k BTC. Than James is gonna throw in another 2k worth of assets and gets 500 BTC in return. Another 500 BTC stay in superNet as a reserve for operational costs. So the investors pay 5k BTC to get something immediately worth 6.5k BTC? That's 30% guaranteed profit for doing nothing. That can't be true. I must be missing something here, right?

I think it´s 5,5k BTC and worth 7k BTC. That´s about 21% ahead.
BUT a lot of people got a bonus. NXT/BTCD 5%, and early investors up to to 15%.
So the spread is not as big as it looks.
Activity: 321
Merit: 252

legendary
Thanks, makes sense. Very interested to see how the SuperTraders perform, given their bankroll and bonuses. Hopefully we can get running totals from them?

Or even automated updates. Would be pretty cool to have them fed to the SuperNET site, along with current price and last dividend.

Could be a lot of variance in the short term results that might upset certain people that don't have a good grasp of statistics. Tongue

Also goes the other way, if short term results are too high, people might get unrealistic expectations of future earnings from the supertraders.

I meant to imply that some other people might misinterpret the results and that trolls might that advantage of that. Wasn't referring to you at at all Cassius. Just reread what I wrote and wanted to make sure it didn't come across the wrong way! Smiley
The NAV will be changed by the results of the supertraders and the plan is for approx daily change of the NAV buywall, so this indicates the need for a daily tally of the supertraders bankroll
plz do not ask for the specific trading positions of the supertraders. if you are wanting to piggyback on their results, now is the time to buy TOKEN at close to NAV

James
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Anybody that is trading TOKEN after Thursday 1200 GMT will be taking a risk of paying for something that has already been replaced. I strongly advise to not trade TOKEN after Tuesday.

James

Once I get my superNET I will be sending my Tokens to Genesis. I think all honest TOKEN investor should do the same, since it is to easy for noobs to possible come in an get scammed. I was hoping it would be required to be issued superNET, but apparently it is not.
legendary
as soon as the SuperNET asset is distributed, TOKEN loses all value so I strongly advise to remove any TOKEN bids in the AE after 1400 GMT on Tuesday

So TOKENs will be automatically replaced to assets after ICO is over?
yes
legendary
I am accepting VRC for TOKEN and I am open to accepting other coins. If you have >10 BTC worth of some altcoin and want to use it for TOKEN, PM me

James
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
as soon as the SuperNET asset is distributed, TOKEN loses all value so I strongly advise to remove any TOKEN bids in the AE after 1400 GMT on Tuesday

So TOKENs will be automatically replaced to assets after ICO is over?
legendary
It's official!

ICO will end 1400 GMT on Tuesday
voting will end 1400 GMT on Wed
trading will start 1400 GMT on Thursday

I will post bter URL for voting as soon as I get it. NXT AE TOKEN purchasers can vote already by sending any message (or donation) to:

ApproveBonus NXT-GR5T-8W3L-UFQP-8VFPV
RejectBonus NXT-FCHV-C8VL-YWFJ-EELVV

James

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8916442

At what point supernet is received in the nxt account?
around 1400 GMT on Thursday

James

Will distribution be based on assetholders at 1400 GMT Thursday, or based on 1400 GMT Tuesday? i.e. will TOKEN trades on those two days still count?

I was initially thinking Tuesday, but then I realized there is no way to stop people trading and as long as there is no SuperNET asset to trade, the TOKEN will be traded no matter what my instructions are. So, Thursday is the only way to minimize any issue of people paying for worthless TOKEN.

Anybody that is trading TOKEN after Thursday 1200 GMT will be taking a risk of paying for something that has already been replaced. I strongly advise to not trade TOKEN after Tuesday.

James
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere, but does the new bonus provision control for the possibility of a follow-on offering?  Such an event could significantly increase the SuperNET market cap (possibly triggering the bonus(es)), without benefiting existing UNITY holders on a per-token basis.  I wouldn't expect James to contemplate such a maneuver surreptitiously, but at the same time, a follow-on offering may at some point make sense, and it would be a shame to have the appearance of a conflict of interest in major financing decisions.

A simple tweak might be to explicitly compare the market cap of only the ICO-issued tokens, not any that may be subsequently issued.
There are no plans for any such follow on offerings. In any case such a thing would require its own vote and if it is prior to the end of next year, we can always adjust the 3x and 10x to be the price of each asset, instead of overall marketcap.

James

Good enough for me.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
It's official!

I will post bter URL for voting as soon as I get it. NXT AE TOKEN purchasers can vote already by sending any message (or donation) to:

James

James

Will distribution be based on assetholders at 1400 GMT Thursday, or based on 1400 GMT Tuesday? i.e. will TOKEN trades on those two days still count?
legendary

I was hoping for daily reports, but maybe it will be weekly
legendary

Further thought on probabalistic routing - layman's response as ever so add NaCl as required:
If a node's send list is based on the nodes from which it has previously received packets, is there scope for certain routes to be reinforced in the long term? Put simply, routes that have worked in the past are likely to work again and therefore be used again. Of course, this is all mitigated somewhat by the randomness included, but still, over time a given node may develop a strong preference for another node as a recipient of choice.
I'm unclear whether this would actually happen in practice, or whether if it did, that preferred node could then become a target for attack. In any case, a solution would be to decrement the counter for an address whenever it is used to send to, so it is not sent to next time.

Quick thought:
sharkfund0 and SuperTraders will both be (independently?) involved in SuperNET. Does this mean they will effectively be in competition?
sharkfund0 is not very active anymore and has a relatively static portfolio that is a proxy for Teleport

occasionally I might make a long term change, like sell off 1% BBR to buy 10% BTM and then sell off 1% BTM to buy back all the BBR that was sold Smiley

i dont expect such things to be any regular thing moving forward.

James
legendary
It's official!

James

James

Jump to: