Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 178. (Read 736772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Here is part of a thread discussing the ongoing code review in the NXT forum:

Is there anybody available to code review the SuperNET routing code?
It is currently all in a single file of 666 lines!
spooky Smiley

It is doing the onion routing and tokenizing and hopefully properly routing without leaking any private info or exploding the packet traffic

James
James, I'd love to.  Is it checked into a github? if so, which one?
https://github.com/jl777/libjl777

packets.h and udp.h are the key
Warning: Technical information about the SuperNET
As suggested by jl777, I am posting the workings of onion routing and potential pitfalls it could have. Onion routing is a method for sending data from one place to another by bouncing the data across multiple servers with multiple layers of encryption.
Process:
1. the data to send is encrypted on multiple levels by the client
2. the client sends the encrypted packet to the first of many PrivacyServers
3. the privacy server does checks on the packet
4. the server then decrypts the packet one level
5. the server checks if the packet is now completely decrypted and meant for this location
6. If it still has layers of encrytion to go, it locates a new privacy server to send to and repeats the process
7. once the packet reaches the end user, the data is available, seemingly untractably and anonymously

Faults to work out:
- the packets could be monitored for size and followed by tracing the unique size of the packet through the network
A) ~ mitigated by either padding the values to max or adding a random salt to the packet at each level
- the packets could be followed by the timing of each hop
B) ~ mitigated by adding random wait times on the system
- somehow having a code fault that allows access to previous senders or public keys for other levels or privacy servers
C) ~ further code analysis for errors

If anyone wants to help find flaws to iron out, your help is appreciated, otherwise this is just a rundown of what supernet can do  Grin
A) I plan to have a higher privacy level to pad out all packets. Since this adds network bandwidth load, I think it is best to have a "cost", which will just be the requirement of TBD amount of BTCD to be in the user's acct

B) I think assumes the attacker is able to monitor all packet traffic, but the attacker would only be able to decrypt packets that it is routing (or receiving). Unless the traffic level is so low that individual packets can be traced globally, it will be hard to correlate the packets even for a single transmission. this being said, a random delay is a good idea, but probably not such a large range.

It is important to note that there are two types of nodes, the public servers that publish their IP addresses and pubkey and the private nodes that only communicate to the public servers. The part I need most help is to see if the probabilistic routing will truly shield a private node's IP address from the public servers, and of course whether it will be able to successfully route most of the time.

My feeling is that based on network topology different fanout levels need to be used in addition to some integration of historical probabilities. When the network is relatively small, we an err on the side of larger values, but at the larger scale it will be important to be as efficient as possible. One approach I am thinking of is to just use an adaptively adjusted fanout factor, eg. shrink it if it worked, expand it if it didnt. this would end up jittering around the optimum level and once there is enough history to add a bit of headroom to the critical value.

It would be nice if somebody could model this

James
Activity: 493
Merit: 500
I don't understand SuperNET at all and http://supernet.answerbase.com is completely useless. Can someone please give me a TL;DR?

supernet will take some time to understand. there really is no TL;DR

http://supernet.wikia.com/wiki/SuperNET_Wiki

i put a bit of info up here last weekend, but its rather incomplete
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
With less than half a day left, it seems quite unlikely to sell the 3% today, so it is looking more and more like end of Monday will be the end of TOKEN sales. exact time will be posted when we know for sure

James

That is enough. it has been a long time.
Two weeks in cryto-world time is an eternity.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
With less than half a day left, it seems quite unlikely to sell the 3% today, so it is looking more and more like end of Monday will be the end of TOKEN sales. exact time will be posted when we know for sure

James

That is enough. it has been a long time.
legendary

James
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
James would there be an issue of me listing Supernet asset on another asset exchange?

I would be only listing a small portion of the tokens that I personally hold.
As long as you made it clear it was an unofficial asset based on your personal holdings, I dont have an issue. Of course I couldnt stop you anyway since I assume it is for a decentralized exchange

will you take care of distributing all dividends?
I am assuming you will wait until you receive your SuperNET assets and not do it before. Otherwise, will you support voting rights for TOKEN?

James

Hello James,

Yes I will make it clear that it will be unofficial listing based on my personal holdings. Once I get the supernet asset I will be making a New nxt account to hold that asset so everything is transparent.

I will be handling the dividend based on the nxt sent to this new account , I will convert it to the base currency of this other asset exchange and send out the dividend that way.

Voting is going to be a pain but since I will be potentially listing 0.2% of all assets I don't think that is going to be too much of a issue.

My thought is that this cross promotion could be beneficial for both parties.
maybe it would be easier if you stated that the assets you are issuing have no voting rights and that you would vote as you see fit? that eliminates the issue and 0.2% would rarely be the margin for any poll

Yes i will be making that clearly as well.
legendary
James would there be an issue of me listing Supernet asset on another asset exchange?

As long as you made it clear it was an unofficial asset based on your personal holdings, I dont have an issue. Of course I couldnt stop you anyway since I assume it is for a decentralized exchange

I am assuming you will wait until you receive your SuperNET assets and not do it before. Otherwise, will you support voting rights for TOKEN?

James

Hello James,

Yes I will make it clear that it will be unofficial listing based on my personal holdings. Once I get the supernet asset I will be making a New nxt account to hold that asset so everything is transparent.

I will be handling the dividend based on the nxt sent to this new account , I will convert it to the base currency of this other asset exchange and send out the dividend that way.

Voting is going to be a pain but since I will be potentially listing 0.2% of all assets I don't think that is going to be too much of a issue.

maybe it would be easier if you stated that the assets you are issuing have no voting rights and that you would vote as you see fit? that eliminates the issue and 0.2% would rarely be the margin for any poll
legendary

James

Hello James,

legendary

James
legendary

legendary
sadly the asset name is not unique, only the asset id.

for more information check this out: http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Asset_Exchange

It's not sad, it's a very concious choice against name squatters Smiley

Any Asset that is not issued with an ID and issuing account is not to be trusted.
So if you see them, álways ask the person offering them for clarification, and if he or she doesn't make it clear, never buy it. It's sure to be a false one.

There has been a very long and good discussion in the Nxt community about this, and having squattable Asset names would have been far, far worse.
So this is how you spend your vacation Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

for more information check this out: http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Asset_Exchange

It's not sad, it's a very concious choice against name squatters Smiley

Any Asset that is not issued with an ID and issuing account is not to be trusted.
So if you see them, álways ask the person offering them for clarification, and if he or she doesn't make it clear, never buy it. It's sure to be a false one.

There has been a very long and good discussion in the Nxt community about this, and having squattable Asset names would have been far, far worse.
legendary
There's another scam TOKEN asset issued. How's that possible?  Huh

everyone can freely create nxt assets.

please be carefull and read the OP for the correct asset.
I just can't get how there could be 2 assets with the same name. Doesn't AE restrict that?

No it doesnt
the alternative was asset name squatters, which would be a worse problem
legendary

I just can't get how there could be 2 assets with the same name. Doesn't AE restrict that?

No it doesnt
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

By selecting an asset, the interface area will automatically display the corresponding information. This includes the amount of tokens that have been created ("quantity"), how divisible is the token ("asset decimals"), a brief description of the asset, who created the asset ("account") and the asset identifier ("asset ID"). These informations are crucial, in fact the asset names are non-unique. What this means is that there can be multiple assets that have the same name.

Activity: 621
Merit: 507
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

Activity: 621
Merit: 507
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
There's another scam TOKEN asset issued on NXT AE. How's that possible?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
aww c'mon man, take a little responsibility .... you kinda draw flack by going off on people about how Boolberry = teleport, antivirus coins and such. just no one knows if you are serious or trolling or what.

Yup truth hurts.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
aww c'mon man, take a little responsibility .... you kinda draw flack by going off on people about how Boolberry = teleport, antivirus coins and such. just no one knows if you are serious or trolling or what.
Jump to: