Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 29. (Read 736740 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Supernet does marketrate swap at rate of 120 SuperNET assets for NXTventure's sharkfund0. This provides indirect ownership of sharkfund0's 120,000 BTCD stake, which when prorated is a bit over 30,000 BTCD, in addition to the other holdings of sharkfund0. NXT txids 14267855016414469572 and 9842386871139077046

Is there a certain reason for doing this and will there be a timeframe for it?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132
Supernet does marketrate swap at rate of 120 SuperNET assets for NXTventure's sharkfund0. This provides indirect ownership of sharkfund0's 120,000 BTCD stake, which when prorated is a bit over 30,000 BTCD, in addition to the other holdings of sharkfund0. NXT txids 14267855016414469572 and 9842386871139077046

Activity: 332
Merit: 250
Regarding supernet NAV, there are coins not listed such as opal, chance, etc. Have these been sold or is their value too low to list?

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I posted in slack about a 0.12 hardfork to very positive reaction, so I will describe here the plan:

Currently iguanacore is in testing of the RPC layer, this will allow iguanacore to be a dropin replacement for BitcoinDarkd/bitcoind for all except creating new blocks. During the transition phase, we still need the normal BitcoinDarkd nodes to create the blocks.

However, yesterday I studied the exact staking method and also the 0.12 codebase and realized I could relatively quickly get a BTCD0.12 release, once the staking code is put into an isolated module. I did get a 0.12 to start syncing with the existing BTCD network, but the protocol has changed enough that it didnt really get going, other than to find some peers after genesis

In my opinion, the safest path is to update the BitcoinDarkd to the 0.12 codebase and have it take over the block generation. The iguanacore would be able to submit staked blocks to the network, but by having the 0.12 nodes doing the actual new block creation, we will benefit from all the improvments in the bitcoin codebase. especially regarding all the various fork resolutions.

Eventually, iguanacore will handle all this, but by having the 0.12 nodes take this over, it allows a faster deployment. Also, it will allow me to create a (0.12 <-> iguanacore) interop network and enhance the 0.12 codebase with other iguana interop features.

as a bonus, I also figured out an enhanced staking that will add value to the staking process, but I dont want to disclose details until I get at least a proof of concept working.

This would require a hardfork, which means older nodes will eventually go off onto their own fork. So all nodes would need to upgrade. We can make it so that the 0.12 is deployed well ahead of time in a follow the existing chain mode, until the hardfork block. At that time, it takes over block generation.

The following are the release points, without the 0,12:

1. bitcoin RPC compatible
2. instantdex API stable
3. tradebots API stable
4. pangea API stable
5. PAX API stable
6. asset passport API stable

The RPC compatible iguanacore is doing quite well in testing and once that is released, theoretically all existing bitcoin RPC apps would be able to work with it.  We will test it with MGW and a few other standard bitcoin RPC based apps.

Now, I am speaking about the iguanacore and not the GUI, which is quite independent of the core by using the bitcoin RPC as the interface layer.

Assuming the community wants the 0.12 hardfork, we need someone to coordinate it. I will disclose to the hardfork coordinator the new enhanced staking, so proper marketing plans for that can be made. I just dont have time to deal with all the non-technical aspects for the hardfork

James

P.S. There is also the chrome app release that will require existing nodes to be deployed first, so that is not a specific release point.

Source : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14698078

https://twitter.com/MagicNxt/status/725814903022469121
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Nevermind him, Dash got listed on BTC-E and Monero not, he is a little bit grumpie these days. Words spread that they didn't got listed because of him lol.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

Nice graphics, very slick.  I like how the bottom still says "some text for example a disclaimer or credits or such" and "version prealpha 0.1."

Too bad everything in that glossy marketing brochure has been a giant failure.

"SuperNet is a next generation platform on which next generation assets may issue tokens for next generation platforms!"

since ths IS in James signature, I don't link this here for you, but just for completeness sake:

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/uploads/3/8/1/3/38130279/supernet___nxt_annual_report_2015.pdf

so go and enjoy your ADHD elsewhere
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Nice graphics, very slick.  I like how the bottom still says "some text for example a disclaimer or credits or such" and "version prealpha 0.1."

Too bad everything in that glossy marketing brochure has been a giant failure.

"SuperNet is a next generation platform on which next generation assets may issue tokens for next generation platforms!"
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132
I'm a little confused~

(...)

SN is combining all the blockchains and CC coins together but why are you guys working with coins that arent well known/used? Why not work with coins such as (insert decent liquidity coin here) etc...

What is and why use Boolberry, BTCD, Vericoin and other listed on the site (...).

I have the same question here after reading a bit

Quote from: supernet.org/about.php
The criteria for cryptocurrencies to become part of the SuperNET CORE is based on their technical innovation and potential for use within the SuperNET platform, as well as those which have strong development teams, commercial utility and/or large and supportive communities.

Is there anyone kind enough to ELI5 or post a link with clear info answering the following questions

1.- What is going to be exactly the role played by, for instance, Vericoin in the Supernet, with an example of real world use

2.- How Supernet is going to get more users and help vericoin and the rest of low liquidity coins to have more liquidity?

3.- Who are the Supernet users? (crypto speculators, darknet market users, gamblers... ?)

4.- Why any Supernet user is going to use vericoin to transfer value (pay joints or gamble or speculate in the crypto market) instead of BTCD or Boolberry or BTC or NXT?

Thanks

PS An infographic in the SN website could help a lot, I would gladly aid with it : )

iguanacore works with BTC, which is a well known high liquidity coin

1. you can look at is as a way for VRC to tap into the other parts of supernet. it is up to VRC to create features that are in demand by other supernet users. VRC has fiat gateway, SMS and other thing which appeal to segments of the market different than other coins.

2. via atomic cross chain trading and liquidity providing tradebots, iguana integration

3. it will be the mass market users

4. again you are asking a coin-centric question, if someone has VRC then they would have easy access to the other parts of supernet.

The power of a network is based on the network effect, so even an aggregation of many smaller coins will create a larger base, but of course the larger the coins are, the larger they are.

Also, you need to remember that before SuperNET the concept that a coin should do more than just be a bitcoin clone, this was relatively rare. I am glad to see that now this has changed quite a bit and people are expecting more from all the coins. I dont know if SuperNET had any direct impact on that or if it was just a natural progression that SuperNET anticipated.

James
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I'm a little confused~

(...)

SN is combining all the blockchains and CC coins together but why are you guys working with coins that arent well known/used? Why not work with coins such as (insert decent liquidity coin here) etc...

What is and why use Boolberry, BTCD, Vericoin and other listed on the site (...).

The criteria for cryptocurrencies to become part of the SuperNET CORE is based on their technical innovation and potential for use within the SuperNET platform, as well as those which have strong development teams, commercial utility and/or large and supportive communities.

Is there anyone kind enough to ELI5 or post a link with clear info answering the following questions

1.- What is going to be exactly the role played by, for instance, Vericoin in the Supernet, with an example of real world use

2.- How Supernet is going to get more users and help vericoin and the rest of low liquidity coins to have more liquidity?

3.- Who are the Supernet users? (crypto speculators, darknet market users, gamblers... ?)

4.- Why any Supernet user is going to use vericoin to transfer value (pay joints or gamble or speculate in the crypto market) instead of BTCD or Boolberry or BTC or NXT?

Thanks

PS An infographic in the SN website could help a lot, I would gladly aid with it : )

*crickets*
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I'm a little confused~

(...)

Thanks

Activity: 251

Buying UNITY on Polo means I own SuperNET tokens correct?
Yes, or buy SuperNET on the NXT Asset Exchange, same thing.

Is there anything I should do with these tokens? The client on the supernet website is the wallet correct?
Get them off Polo and hodl. Yes.

Also, SuperNET will pay out dividends for holding them but doesn't yet correct?
Yes, https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/graphs-charts-and-infographics-by-audo/

Is there a slack chat channel?
http://slackinvite.supernet.org/ -> https://sprnt.slack.com/

Activity: 939
Merit: 256
What is the status of NXTventure asset? The asset description reads very similar to SuperNET ....

NXTventure makes private investments in promising enterprises and adds value to each investment by proactively integrating it into NXTservices to add a valuable new service for the NXTcommunity. NXTventure will pay monthly dividends in the assets it acquires, net of trading activities during the launch period. This means NXTventure asset will generate a stream of new assets as it launches them. contact jl777 if you are seeking investment
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Activity: 473
You do not even know what you're talking about..
Go away with your dash (huge instamine & unfair distribution) & factom (a lot of Proof of blabla)..
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
I'm a little confused~

Buying UNITY on Polo means I own SuperNET tokens correct?

Is there anything I should do with these tokens? The client on the supernet website is the wallet correct?

Also, SuperNET will pay out dividends for holding them but doesn't yet correct?

Is there a slack chat channel?

SN is combining all the blockchains and CC coins together but why are you guys working with coins that arent well known/used? Why not work with coins such as Dash, Ethereum, Factom ect...

What is and why use Boolberry, BTCD, Vericoin and other listed on the site - all coins that just don't make sense to work with.
Activity: 460
{redeem : , }

Not that I want to encourage manual experimentation because the chances of messing up are there - bad message format, accidentally encrypted, wrong destination address, etc... but for proper geeking, the message would be {"withdrawaddr":"COIN_ADDRESS"}

But hey dude, there's a slick SuperNET Lite client out there, for both wanabe and true geeks as well Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: