Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 30. (Read 736772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

for true geeks it also works manually: you simply transfer the superBTCD asset to the multigateway account with a certain message accompanying it.

{redeem : , }

I did it a cpl of times and it works like a charm. If you don't screw up the message, that is. I also managed to screw up the message once, in which case it doesn't work.  Grin
But it was only a small amount fortunately, and the guy I sent those 0.08 BTC to was so nice to send them back to me!  Cheesy
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
aha, very interesting. Didn't read that yet. Probably I missed some documentation or isn't there any?

There is one legacy (old) version of technical MGW documentation available in http://multigateway.org. Although the service has changed and become somewhat simplified (and much faster than the legacy MGW), the philosophy and principles are the same.

Multigateway is however one of the early techs developed by james, and now Iguana fits better the SuperNET roadmap. But MGW is still a nice boost for the Nxt AE decentralized trading and remains a useful tool for the community.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
Do I see that right, if I generate an address for a coin (other than nxt), there is no possibility to read the private key out of the app? Just directly from javascript?
And there is no possibility to use an own private key? And if I delete the cookies/local storage, all information is gone??
So isn't it very risky to transfer something on those accounts?

The tech behind the multiwallet is the Multigateway - http://multigateway.org/ (which needs some updates for this release, btw)

In short, this is distributed multisignature wallets. When you generate an address, a request is sent to the Multigateway servers, where a multisig address is generated and bound to the SuperNET/Nxt account that requested it. Those addresses are retrieved from the Lite client through a set of relay nodes, and although the address string is then stored in your local browser storage, the private keys are in the Multigateway servers.

Then when a deposit is made to the multisig address, the servers pick it up and deliver to the corresponding SuperNET/Nxt account the same amount of superCOIN tokens, which are backed up by coins deposited in the distributed multisig wallets.

So - Is there a possibility to use your own private key for, say BTCD? No. And if you wipe your machine clean, is all information gone? Nope. Your coin assets are on the Nxt blockchain, and the address is stored in the servers. Generating again a BTCD address from a new machine, for the same SuperNET/Nxt account, will return the same deposit address.

But the coin addresses are useful for deposits, not for monitoring your balance, because the balances in different multisig addresses change internally in the wallets as operations happen (change outputs in coin transactions). The amount of coins you have is the number of superCOIN assets in your account, not the balance in your deposit address. It is not the same as a traditional exchange where you have a deposit address, and then there's a hot/cold wallet account where everything flows to and from, because here there is multiple multisig addresses distributed in several servers. But the concept of "this is a deposit address, not your balance" also applies for non-Nxt coins in this lite wallet.

aha, very interesting. Didn't read that yet. Probably I missed some documentation or isn't there any?
Do I see that right, if I generate an address for a coin (other than nxt), there is no possibility to read the private key out of the app? Just directly from javascript?
And there is no possibility to use an own private key? And if I delete the cookies/local storage, all information is gone??

The tech behind the multiwallet is the Multigateway - http://multigateway.org/ (which needs some updates for this release, btw)

In short, this is distributed multisignature wallets. When you generate an address, a request is sent to the Multigateway servers, where a multisig address is generated and bound to the SuperNET/Nxt account that requested it. Those addresses are retrieved from the Lite client through a set of relay nodes, and although the address string is then stored in your local browser storage, the private keys are in the Multigateway servers.

Then when a deposit is made to the multisig address, the servers pick it up and deliver to the corresponding SuperNET/Nxt account the same amount of superCOIN tokens, which are backed up by coins deposited in the distributed multisig wallets.

So - Is there a possibility to use your own private key for, say BTCD? No. And if you wipe your machine clean, is all information gone? Nope. Your coin assets are on the Nxt blockchain, and the address is stored in the servers. Generating again a BTCD address from a new machine, for the same SuperNET/Nxt account, will return the same deposit address.

But the coin addresses are useful for deposits, not for monitoring your balance, because the balances in different multisig addresses change internally in the wallets as operations happen (change outputs in coin transactions). The amount of coins you have is the number of superCOIN assets in your account, not the balance in your deposit address. It is not the same as a traditional exchange where you have a deposit address, and then there's a hot/cold wallet account where everything flows to and from, because here there is multiple multisig addresses distributed in several servers. But the concept of "this is a deposit address, not your balance" also applies for non-Nxt coins in this lite wallet.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
Thanks for the news!
Where to report bugs?
I can log in, but the advanced view only shows a grey column on the left, nothing more...
A question: why keep a dead coin like opal???

Ideally bugs should go to tosch, the lead dev. In NxtForum, or SN slack, or Nxt slack... but you can send them to me as well and I will forward them. Including please OS and browser type. There's going to be surely some in this first 3.0 release, so reports will be most appreciated (although in our tests the advanced client button, which as you maybe know is full Nxt client with automatic login, did work in Linux/Win using chrome)

About Opal, yes, I agree it should be removed and it probably will be removed in the next minor release, but we need to give warning with enough time in advance since some users are still keeping OPAL in their multisig MGW wallets, and they should withdraw their superOPAL to external OPAL addresses. Doing multisig transactions manually is quite time intensive and can be complex, and that would have been required now if we had just removed OPAL with no previous notice.

So probably we'll post a warning soon, then people can withdraw their OPAL and then we'll disable it in the next minor release. This counts actually as pre-warning Smiley

Thanks for the news!
Where to report bugs?
I can log in, but the advanced view only shows a grey column on the left, nothing more...

Ideally bugs should go to tosch, the lead dev. In NxtForum, or SN slack, or Nxt slack... but you can send them to me as well and I will forward them. Including please OS and browser type. There's going to be surely some in this first 3.0 release, so reports will be most appreciated (although in our tests the advanced client button, which as you maybe know is full Nxt client with automatic login, did work in Linux/Win using chrome)

About Opal, yes, I agree it should be removed and it probably will be removed in the next minor release, but we need to give warning with enough time in advance since some users are still keeping OPAL in their multisig MGW wallets, and they should withdraw their superOPAL to external OPAL addresses. Doing multisig transactions manually is quite time intensive and can be complex, and that would have been required now if we had just removed OPAL with no previous notice.

So probably we'll post a warning soon, then people can withdraw their OPAL and then we'll disable it in the next minor release. This counts actually as pre-warning Smiley
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
SuperNET Lite 3.0
Thanks for the news!
Where to report bugs?
SuperNET Lite 3.0

Preview

SuperNET-Lite is a html based wallet for virtual currencies. You can use Nxt, Bitcoin, Litecoin, DASH, Dogecoin and other currencies with your wallet. You can store and use your coins easily. The Wallet is a nodejs based Wallet, coming with executable for Windows, Linux and Mac.

Supported Coins

Nxt (NXT), Bitcoin (BTC), BitcoinDark (BTCD), Dash (DASH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Influx (INFX), Litecoin (LTC), Opalcoin (OPAL) and Vericoin (VRC)

DASH and INFX are new additions to the SuperNET Lite multiwallet, and Influx joins the Multigateway infrastructure sponsoring one of the servers.

Documentation

SuperNET-Lite connects to public nodes in the Nxt Network. Due to the lightweight nature of Nxt and the service to allow Assets and other Blockchain services, we can expand on the rich server structure of Nxt. The MultiGateWay service allows to store coins in distributed multi-signature accounts, and delivers equivalent coin tokens that can be used from your Nxt account in the SuperNET Lite Wallet. Furthermore, you can use the complete Nxt client with your account, investing in any Asset on the Nxt Blockchain.

Technology

SuperNET-Lite is based on html, javascript and nodejs. The Nxt NRS framework and Jay provide a javascript wrapper which creates and signs every transaction that is made within the wallet. This signed transaction will be sent to a public node of the Nxt network. Your password never leaves your computer. Accounts are stored local in the Browser. When using incognito mode, nothing will be saved. When a local Nxt instance is running, SuperNET-Lite will use this instead of any public node. Public nodes are chosen from the websites peerexplorer.com and nxtpeers.com. Both provide a trusted service to scan the Nxt nodes and display most updated, reliable and secure (hallmarked) Nxt nodes. The framework developed by @jonesnxt and @tosch110 then tests various nodes for time hashes and speed to find the best node for you to use.

Security

The SuperNET Lite wallet uses the NRS and Jay framework. The NRS Framework is made from the Nxt developers, who secure that transactions are wrapper with javascript and your passphrase (the passphrase will never leave your browser), before they get sent to the node. You can have your localnode running (install and run Nxt - open CORS), if not, you will connect to a random public node from the Nxt Network. The Jay Framework provides some additional Nxt JavaScript functions that put another layer of security upon the NRS Framework. Jay checks several public nodes against each other to provide the quickest and most responsible node from the Nxt framework.

How to open CORS: https://medium.com/@Damelon/coding-for-nxt-crypto-platform-1-c3580b4cfd38#.7mswh42qu

Installation Advices

Windows

Run supernet.exe

Linux

Open a terminal window in the SuperNET Lite folder and start it with ./supernet

Mac

Open the Terminal in the SuperNET Lite folder and type ./supernet_mac

If one of the above options does not work, quickly install nodejs and run

node server.js

Donate

Donate in NXT or any crypto via the SuperNET Dashboard to: NXT-CJQ9-7CAG-8FW4-7F9P8

Screenshots

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
SuperNET will be getting a modest stake in Waves. Considering the amount that it will raise, I doubt the share will be in the "large" percentage range.

James

The big question James is that will WAVE be part of the SN infrastructure , a partner friend, what will be the relationship between SN and WAVE?
We will certainly be working closely together, as coinomat has been a long time SuperNET partner

In which project has coinomat being involved in SuperNET?

AFAIK, Supernet will use coinomat's services as a fiat gateway
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
SuperNET will be getting a modest stake in Waves. Considering the amount that it will raise, I doubt the share will be in the "large" percentage range.

James

The big question James is that will WAVE be part of the SN infrastructure , a partner friend, what will be the relationship between SN and WAVE?
We will certainly be working closely together, as coinomat has been a long time SuperNET partner

In which project has coinomat being involved in SuperNET?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

James

legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

James

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

James
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Will SuperNET buy any WAVES in their ICO? Just trying to calculate my personal spend,  if SN is buying a large stake (I'm a stakeholder in SN) I might reduce mine

James has told me he will invest in Waves. I think it makes sense as its a platform that can benefit SN and support a new home for SN assets.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
@jl777
Trolls in poloniex are claiming that BURST has joined SuperNET, can you confirm or deny that please?

Thank you

Probably by you am i right?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You are wrong @PondSea. I knew that you were good at testing @jl777 tech but I was not aware that you are his spokesman   Cheesy   Grin   Cool  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
@jl777
Trolls in poloniex are claiming that BURST has joined SuperNET, can you confirm or deny that please?

Thank you

Probably by you am i right?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
Will SuperNET buy any WAVES in their ICO? Just trying to calculate my personal spend,  if SN is buying a large stake (I'm a stakeholder in SN) I might reduce mine
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
@jl777

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
You mean, from the beginning to buy up to now, have not diluted the number of these coins, right?
That's my understanding wrong, I'm sorry.
BBR has been diluted since coins have been mined by others but SuperNET is not mining it.
NXT has been diluted due to expenses
VPN is a bit less due to some market making inventory

other coins are very close to the same, you can just compare the totals now against the totals in the past. the coin addresses have always been public

So for the most part the coins inventory is the same, with the small exceptions. Of note is that 18 million IOTA has been acquired, which was not originally there. So, whatever usage of the coins is more than compensated by the IOTA value

James

did you read: http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html

18 million IOTA is/will be great for Supernet (400+BTC value (now))
Pages:
Jump to: