Author

Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform - page 157. (Read 301274 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Pool for TagCoin?
I already talked to one of the devs, as soon as the coin launches, i will set up a pool for TagCoin.
Activity: 280
let's see what will happen
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Pool for TagCoin?

Perhaps CoinEX will make one. we dont know what algo it will have...

thanks for the info
Activity: 294
Pool for TagCoin?

Perhaps CoinEX will make one. we dont know what algo it will have...
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Pool for TagCoin?
Activity: 434
Reserved..
Contact me if you need a pool ready for launch...

Hi - just wondering if it'll be a p2pool or a registration require pool?

Hi! At this point is very difficult to say, since i dont even know the algorithm yet!
Activity: 627
Merit: 501
@uvwvj - For now we will be integrating just TagCoin and BitCoin into our wallet system on Tagcash, and with the API anyone can use this within their own site or app. We will be using TagCoin to pay out as referrals for actions within the site by Tagcash itself or by merchants using the system. So it will be used as a currency, and it can be used via the Tagcash web wallets or taken offsite and used with tagCoin clients, same as BitCoin etc. TAG and BTC can be used to trade for other altcoins as wanted.

Cannot say if Walmart will use our wallet system to take payments, but hey, you never know - we will start small and build from there..Wink - The idea is to use TagCoin as a way to cash out rewards earned in Tacgash, let's see how it develops from there.

In addition, any approved merchant can use the API to integrate those wallets, user balances and transactions into their own exchanges, website or mobile app. We take care of the backend in terms of AML, KYC, deposits and payments.

The idea of a merchant waiting a few minutes for confirmations is not as fast as it would be via webwallets and merchant payment gateways. But correct me if you think I am wrong.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Reserved..
Contact me if you need a pool ready for launch...

Hi - just wondering if it'll be a p2pool or a registration require pool?
Activity: 298
You need to think really hard whether you will use sha-256, scrypt, prime numbers or something else. You must understand that this will define attack vectors on your coin.

If you have money (and you claim, you do), then you should hire a cryptanalysis expert programmer to help you with that.

You really don't want to repeat the mistake outlined here by a bitcoin developr: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2996823
legendary
Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004
Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.
Hum, interesting...
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
this is the biggest load of horse shit ever. as long as the hashing algorithm is unbroken, the time it takes to produce a share above the target has no bearing on security of the network.
Completely and utterly false.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.

so i guess your argument that the faster block times make a doublespend attack easier to pull off, thus you believe its less secure?

I've proven that quite a few times over.

TAG looks interesting, awaiting more information.

~BCX~

i concur. i guess i didn't understand that in metacoins op.
legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

so i guess your argument that the faster block times make a doublespend attack easier to pull off, thus you believe its less secure?

I've proven that quite a few times over.

TAG looks interesting, awaiting more information.

~BCX~
this is only a real issue in straight PoW coins and scrypt clones like nanotokens.
You're right, I was assuming that this coin is based on PoW only. The PoS algorithm does add additional layers of security, and although you're correct in saying a checkpointing system is good for the entire network, it doesn't help a vendor who has traded physical goods for double spent coins.

Activity: 437
Merit: 260
balance
this is only a real issue in straight PoW coins and scrypt clones like nanotokens.
You're right, I was assuming that this coin is based on PoW only. The PoS algorithm does add additional layers of security, and although you're correct in saying a checkpointing system is good for the entire network, it doesn't help a vendor who has traded physical goods for double spent coins.
A shorter block timer doesn't mean you can transfer money faster, because each confirm is worth less. This is a common misconception.

this is the biggest load of horse shit ever. as long as the hashing algorithm is unbroken, the time it takes to produce a share above the target has no bearing on security of the network. especially in coins like PPC and OSC or NVC, where a checkpointing server is checkpointing everyblock. this is only a real issue in straight PoW coins and scrypt clones like nanotokens.
Activity: 437
Merit: 260
balance
A shorter block timer doesn't mean you can transfer money faster, because each confirm is worth less. This is a common misconception.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
@johndec -  You have to be in Australia or my part of the world with that timezone - I shall still be awake at 2am here in Makati.

Correct I'm in Oz.

btw, we are not mining the coins ourselves after launch.

After launch, what about pre mine?

More specifically East Coast and *not* on Day Light Savings eh mate?  Grin

@TagBond - The Dev Team at both GLD GoldCoin and SXC SexCoin might be interested in your RF products if your website is anything to go by. - I'll give them the heads up - after I get some sleep - it;s nearly dawn eh @JohnDec ?? Cool
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
You are building something what I'm looking for a long time.
Hope your coin is not SHA256, but it's up to you.

This one I will invest a strong, if there is fail fair launch without premine.
Good luck.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Very interesting.
Jump to: