Author

Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform - page 158. (Read 301274 times)

Activity: 437
Merit: 260
balance
Please don't pre-mine this coin. I really want to see your business succeed.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Is it a scrypt or sha-256, that I am most interested of Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Ok. You have addressed most of my concerns except premine.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Sounds good but don't use sha256  i hate asic coins. I don't have asics Smiley, if you want fairness go with scrypt to avoid asic and botnets.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
@johndec -  You have to be in Australia or my part of the world with that timezone - I shall still be awake at 2am here in Makati.

Correct I'm in Oz.

btw, we are not mining the coins ourselves after launch.

After launch, what about pre mine?

Activity: 308
onore dikeido
Reserved  Grin
Activity: 627
Merit: 501
@johndec - You won't need an ASIC to mine it and tag is a logo, but the company is called Tagcash, and I don't think they can patent trademark a word in the English language. But if we started selling watches, then sure they might have a problem with that. However, that's not my business..:-)  You have to be in Australia or my part of the world with that timezone - I shall still be awake at 2am here in Makati.

@WinterParker - Nope, not a Quark fork.

btw, we are not mining the coins ourselves after launch. That's not our business, we have enough on our plate developing the sites.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
0/10 would not mine  Cheesy
你这个骗子。
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
0/10 would not mine  Cheesy
Activity: 280
sha256, scrypt, scrypt-jane?

I want to know this.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
This looks like a really interesting coin/business model that has been really well thought out. BUT, I can't understand why the method of coin generation can not be revealed before the launch?  The coin launches 4am Monday my local time and I'll be really annoyed if I set the alarm only to find out that I need an ASIC to mine it...   Shocked

As an aside, if the coin/business model is as successful as you hope, there might be a certain watch company that might claim intellectual rights to the name Tag??
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
good luck, looks like a more professional launch than most.
Activity: 434
Reserved..
Contact me if you need a pool ready for launch...
Activity: 356
Dock.io
iS IT A QUARK FORK??
Activity: 627
Merit: 501
@Eli0t @super3 - the full specs will be released on Sunday, not before. All I can say is that it will be a fair coin, with a new twist. We are not going to try and control it, but we do want some branding on it, which is the main reason for doing it.

We don't need to fund further growth using the coin itself, but it is part of the overall plan for growing awareness of the TAG brand. We would like the coin to be used as a stable currency and not just for speculation, we have no plans to manipulate pricing or to control it. It is in our interest to make it grow but also to keep it stable. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't do these things for the money, I do it to change things that I think could be done better. If they make a little profit as well, that just helps me create more.

Within Tagcash we will be adding only Bitcoin and TagCoin as crypto wallets

My original idea at start in February this year was to create a centralized rewards currency that could be shared and used everywhere, but that had several disadvantages - that was before I learned more about Crypto, and this seems to fit the bill much better. I could have used an existing currency, but nothing really suited what we needed, hence the creation of TagCoin.

It is a grand experiment, but our business model does not depend on it. The Tagcash model is based on Google Adsense and Groupon, and to make that work we need fluid use of currencies, with no friction, no credit cards no chargebacks etc. A business creates a marketing "tagvert" (coupon, loyalty card, tickets, shopping cart etc), which is free and then has an option to reward anyone for sharing that on facebook, blog sites, via email, in person etc, but ONLY when that is redeemed at the merchant. So it is in effect an affiliate system that is much fairer than paying for clicks. A business only pays on results, and we take 30% of that referral income. That's the revenue model.

For example, vtc.com creates discount coupons, and gives out Tagcash Credits when they are shared on Facebook and when someone buys a subscription with VTC. Tagcash then pay out these rewards using Tagcoin. It's a better system that Google adwords, at least for VTC
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
What cryptos will you be adding to your exchange and welcome to the crypto world with your coin.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
We'll see how it goes...
Potential, yes.... though... it's not Curecoin.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
More than 2 days pre-announcement it's nice!  Smiley

If you have problems with TagCoin network discovery add node 168.63.12.227 to params of the wallet, example:
Code:
tagcoin-qt.exe -addnode=168.63.12.227
or to tagcoin.conf, example:

Code:
addnode=168.63.12.227
[/quote]
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
If you have reviewed the site http://tagbond.com/ you could see additional information, including a full staff.

He is trying to build a complete business with the coin as a supplement and a way to IMO access funding thru other digital currencies.  I like how they are including RFID along with QR Codes as things are headed sensor based.  This interests me a lot, and not just as a alt coin but as a business.

Which is why I find it quite interesting. Also that you have a coin that is developed by a company which means you have a multiple developers to fix problems that seems to come up with new coins. Also creates a point of centralization for the coin. If a company controls all the major products, services, and exchanges for a coin, are they going to provide coin support for other people with competing products and services they may or may not be better. Also allows for easy price fixing and premining.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Am I the only one who can read? Huh

Further details about TagCoin will be posted when it officially launches on Oct 27 at 2PM EST.
Jump to: