Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform - page 21. (Read 301277 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
Well I replaced the .dat on windows and it shows the correct wallet addy.... now if I can get it to sync I will be in business Grin
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
I added the conf. file but it crashes the app now...must need to add more to it....
is it possible to move the wallet.dat file from a mac to a PC wallet.... i would open a PC wallet but still need to get all those coins....

I would guess that it would be, however, I would still make a backup of the file to make sure that you have a good copy.  Or you could export the private key and import it on the windows computer.

Does the wallet give you any errors when it opens?  That would help pinpoint the problem.

My conf file has the following in it, although some of the addnodes aren't relevant anymore:

Code:
rpcuser=**********
rpcpassword=**********
addnode=tagmining.com
addnode=tag.hashfaster.com
addnode=tag.botpool.net
addnode=tagcash.com
server=1

Mind you, I've only ever ran the wallets on a windows and linux, but that's what I've run with since day one.  You may need to add a user and password.  It's worth a shot for that much coin.

-Fuse
legendary
aka "whocares"
According to another thread I found in on this forum for "mac wallet config file", the config file will need to be created in the ~/Library/Application Support/Tagcoin folder.  That's where you will find your wallet.dat file as well.  Just create the file with the name tagcoin.conf, add the "addnode=tagmining.com" line to it, and restart the miner.

6000TAG isn't something you want to just walk away from, mate.  We'll get it figured out.

-Fuse

I added the conf. file but it crashes the app now...must need to add more to it....
is it possible to move the wallet.dat file from a mac to a PC wallet.... i would open a PC wallet but still need to get all those coins....
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Why Tag Coin Explorer http://tagcoin.org/tagexplorer/www/  does not work?
Is 1.1.0 a latest version of the tagcoin client? http://prntscr.com/5p1u57
legendary
aka "whocares"
I just found that also... i am gonna give it a try
legendary
HODL for life.
According to another thread I found in on this forum for "mac wallet config file", the config file will need to be created in the ~/Library/Application Support/Tagcoin folder.  That's where you will find your wallet.dat file as well.  Just create the file with the name tagcoin.conf, add the "addnode=tagmining.com" line to it, and restart the miner.

6000TAG isn't something you want to just walk away from, mate.  We'll get it figured out.

-Fuse
legendary
aka "whocares"
I still cannot get it to work....there isn't a config file on the Mac wallet.... I have put a lot of hash rate at this coin for several days and pulled it off the TagMining pool and moved it around but think its time to move to another good coin.  I think this coin has a lot going for it but I have mined probably 6000 coins and not a single one in my wallet.  It is a shame that little things like over looking the usability for the miners can ultimately be a decline for the coin.... but right now i am mining ghosts and thats just not a good idea.... i appreciate all the help ...keith
Activity: 201
Maybe you should also re-download the source and compile it.. there was a hardfork 5 days ago!
save your wallet or use dumpprivkey command...

i am on the same chain as ny2cafuse
( also a small pool with 120 blocks - so let's hope cryptsy is wrong and not we.. )
getblockhash 153783
00000000012f1692cc251cbc23425ac7c1212a37c076c1a45000825c72418b01
legendary
HODL for life.
I think its the peers.dat file that needs replacing with updated IP's but not sure...

What block number are you on?  The pool is currently on 153792, as of 7:40am PST.

Here is a transaction in the last 10 transactions on the server wallet:

If your block height doesn't match the pool, you're on another fork.  This is why you need to add the line "addnode=tagmining.com" to your tagcoin.conf file.  Remove all the other addnodes for now.  Delete everything, directories included, EXCEPT the wallet.dat file.  Make a copy of wallet.dat before you delete anything.  If you delete wallet.dat, your money is gone.  Then restart the client.  It will connect to the pool, and we can make sure that the issue isn't a syncing issue.

Do that and let me know what happens.  Past that, I'm not sure how to help you, as the wallet address you use to mine coins is being sent coins according to the blockchain.

-Fuse
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
Tagcoin is in a book on sale on Amazon Tongue
legendary
aka "whocares"
I think its the peers.dat file that needs replacing with updated IP's but not sure...
legendary
aka "whocares"
I have tried just about everything and none of it works.... i have a lot of TagCoins floating around but none in my wallet--- aaarrghh
legendary
HODL for life.
I tried the following from the Terminal--- its syncing, so we will see
open /Applications/TagCoin-Qt.app --args -addnode=tagmining.com

Sounds good, mate.  Heading to bed now, will check in when I wake up to make sure it all went ok.

Cheers,

Fuse
legendary
aka "whocares"
I tried the following from the Terminal--- its syncing, so we will see
open /Applications/TagCoin-Qt.app --args -addnode=tagmining.com
legendary
HODL for life.
i think this is it for a Mac
open /Applications/TagCoin-Qt.app --args -rescan

Rescan will do just that, rescan the blockchain to make sure it's updated.  However, if your nodes are forked, you're just going to get the forked chain.  Adding tagmining.com as an addnode line to your config will keep you synced to the pool, which should always be on the latest block.

-Fuse
legendary
aka "whocares"
i think this is it for a Mac
open /Applications/TagCoin-Qt.app --args -rescan
legendary
HODL for life.
I was mining on Tagmining.com from "Total Blocks" 241-252 using my Cryptsy wallet address until the post stated they did not update their wallet.  At that time I switched to my wallet-  
My question is that I should be seeing payouts now to my wallet since the blocks being confirmed are in the "total blocks" 265 range---and I am not seeing anything...
Keith

You should be seeing payouts to your address.  No funds are held on the server, so make sure that your address is correct.  That being said, PM me your address, and I'll look at the transactions.

-Fuse

Edit:  @Tagbond, can you resync the block explorer please?  Cheers Smiley
legendary
aka "whocares"
I was mining on Tagmining.com from "Total Blocks" 241-252 using my Cryptsy wallet address until the post stated they did not update their wallet.  At that time I switched to my wallet- 
My question is that I should be seeing payouts now to my wallet since the blocks being confirmed are in the "total blocks" 265 range---and I am not seeing anything...
Keith
Activity: 201
So this coin is dead?

official block explorer hangs at "2014-12-17 08:25:10" ( http://tagcoin.org/tagexplorer/www/ )

Cryptsy is on wrong chain.. ( probably missed update from 2015-01-01 ), so buying or selling there is worthless.. ( i gave them a notice, but got only standard-reply .. they are really lazy..  Anoncoin for example is broken since 40 days.. )
legendary
aka "whocares"
i am also new to TagCoin and just started on the new NOMP pool...
Pages:
Jump to: